PDA

View Full Version : Does this forum have an ignore feature?

ShadowXOR
23rd Jun 2010, 02:38
It uses vBulletin which I swear has this but I can't find it...maybe it's an old version?

I'm tired of the cry babies and want to discuss the game that we're getting not the same boring crying about the same subjects we've been hearing about for three years. The game is too far into development and we need to stop talking about what we want it to be and transition into discussing what it is (without constant negativity even after amazing gameplay footage has been seen). We get that they don't like it, but they won't leave, and nothing is going to change the game at this point.

Pinky_Powers
23rd Jun 2010, 02:42
Go into their Profile... under the User List drop-down menu; Ignore.

ArcR
23rd Jun 2010, 02:43
You don't need a whole new thread to ask a question like that. It's in your control panel. Go to "UserCP" at the top left corner. On the left panel go to "Edit Ignore List"

ShadowXOR
23rd Jun 2010, 02:43
Go into their Profile... under the User List drop-down menu; Ignore.

Thanks.

You don't need a whole new thread to ask a question like that. It's in your control panel. Go to "UserCP" at the top left corner. On the left panel go to "Edit Ignore List"

Obviously I do if I couldn't find it there's nowhere else to ask.

jtr7
23rd Jun 2010, 02:46
The Technical and Forum discussion and help forums, would be the basic place to ask, but yeah:
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/5411/usercpo.gif

Pinky_Powers
23rd Jun 2010, 02:56
The Technical and Forum discussion and help forums, would be the basic place to ask, but yeah:

You're a champion in your own right.

ShadowXOR
23rd Jun 2010, 04:40
Didn't even know there was such a section. I only see a Human Revolution board on the list.

Fluffis
23rd Jun 2010, 04:50
Cool. I wonder how many people are going to put me on ignore now...?

Pinky_Powers
23rd Jun 2010, 05:30
Cool. I wonder how many people are going to put me on ignore now...?

You're a weird little tart, but there's really one or two guys in this place I'm on the verge of Ignoring. But it'd almost be redundant, as I mentally skip over their posts already.

The constant b1t*hing annoys me, but it's only a small number I've stopped reading all together; folk who go so far as to say Human Revolution in no way represents a Deus Ex game, and they flat-out won't be buying this title based on what we know and have seen.

But they stick around anyway. And nearly all of their posts are about how much they hate the game. So now if beat (at least I think that's his name) turns suddenly and starts loving the game, I'll never know. :)

Lrrpdude
23rd Jun 2010, 05:41
You're a weird little tart, but there's really one or two guys in this place I'm on the verge of Ignoring. But it'd almost be redundant, as I mentally skip over their posts already.

The constant b1t*hing annoys me, but it's only a small number I've stopped reading all together; folk who go so far as to say Human Revolution in no way represents a Deus Ex game, and they flat-out won't be buying this title based on what we know and have seen.

But they stick around anyway. And nearly all of their posts are about how much they hate the game. So now if beat (at least I think that's his name) turns suddenly and starts loving the game, I'll never know. :)

Deus_ex_machina?

Pinky_Powers
23rd Jun 2010, 07:57
Deus_ex_machina?

Nah, he doesn't bother me so much. He can be prone to serious exaggeration, but I understand where he's coming from most of the time.

Deus_Ex_Machina
23rd Jun 2010, 08:35
Nah, he doesn't bother me so much. He can be prone to serious exaggeration, but I understand where he's coming from most of the time.

:friends:

beastrn
23rd Jun 2010, 08:41
Maybe if you stopped "mentally skipping" intelligent posts, Pinky, you'd learn a thing or two. :)

jtr7
23rd Jun 2010, 08:53
Didn't even know there was such a section. I only see a Human Revolution board on the list.

Which list are you looking at?
http://forums.eidosgames.com/index.php
http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104
http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=169
http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=251

:p

Pinky_Powers
23rd Jun 2010, 08:54
Maybe if you stopped "mentally skipping" intelligent posts, Pinky, you'd learn a thing or two. :)

YES! you're the creep I was talking about. I do my damnedest to ignore you.

Of course, the question then is, if I always ignore you, how am I replying to this post?

Well, maybe I should put you on the ignore list properly... and permanently.

beastrn
23rd Jun 2010, 09:05
If that's the shell you need to create around your ignorant self - go ahead. I don't care. :) Reading your posts makes me want to claw my eyes out anyway.

In all seriousness though - you do realize how pathetic that is, right? You're literally putting your fingers in your ears and saying "la la la" because you disagree with someone. That's the difference between people, I suppose. Some people want to learn, others just want to pretend they have a valid opinion on things they don't even care about.

jtr7
23rd Jun 2010, 09:17
Reading your posts makes me want to claw my eyes out anyway.
Avoiding this discomfort is the reason, not closing a door to learning about something one disagrees with.

Pinky_Powers
23rd Jun 2010, 10:05
Avoiding this discomfort is the reason, not closing a door to learning about something one disagrees with.

Exactly. I read so many of his posts before I realized he had absolutely nothing of any worth to say. Ignoring him now is like refusing to watch most Reality TV. It's just wise.

Bluey71
23rd Jun 2010, 10:45
and nothing is going to change the game at this point.

Says who? You? Who the hell are you?

VectorM
23rd Jun 2010, 12:05
You're literally putting your fingers in your ears and saying "la la la" because you disagree with someone.

No, he just decided not to bother with someone who he finds to be annoying. Or do you just keep listening to the whining children on the street all day, because you wanna make sure you are not just ignoring their opinion? :nut:

Anasumtj
23rd Jun 2010, 21:18
Since when do forums not have an ignore feature.

Flamebait topic is obvious.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
24th Jun 2010, 06:13
Thread closed as it is quite unnecessary.
It's easy to ignore posts on a forum.... just use common sense. ;)