PDA

View Full Version : Any of you knew there is a wikia for Kane & Lynch ? ...

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Jun 2010, 22:11
I had actually thought about doing a Wikia for all IO Interactive games since making one for Kane & Lynch alone wouldn't be 'big' enough ...

Since i got time for my own now after them past busy weeks , i thought it was a good time to start working on it (before Slash starts stealing my ideas again , for example) ...

To my greatest surprise some people have already created a wikia page for Kane & Lynch ... Unfortunately it's a ******* mess ...

Maybe it's because there's a lack of manpower behind that project , or maybe ... i don't know ...

http://kaneandlynch.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

I don't even know where to start if i am to edit on them articles ...
I mean there's a fragile alliance map called "A walk in the Past" ...
And who the **** is 'Sue' ? ...
OOH , it's Xiu ... whoa , ok ...

So ... my dear brothers ... and sister , of dead men ...
What shall we do about this ? shall we help contribute to the site , all togheter ? or shall we just let it rot ? ...

PS : there is also a Wikia page for the Hitman franchise , it's still not a very good wikia , but it's way better than the one for Kane & Lynch ...

Brackstone17
22nd Jun 2010, 22:20
I don't really think Kane and Lynch needs a wiki. Fan sites will do for now. It would be cool, but maybe once the franchise get's going it would be a bit more suitable.

ohitspatty
22nd Jun 2010, 22:35
...lol it is a mess. Fixing that up will take sometime.

Bevacur
22nd Jun 2010, 22:39
Like Brackstone said, we need to know about more about the series. But wow it is a mess.

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Jun 2010, 22:44
Well i mean we got plenty of time now to fix it , don't we ? ...

And yes i know Kane & Lynch isn't big enough to have a wiki , which is why i wanted to make a full wikia on at least both Hitman and Kane & Lynch , since they both seem to take place in the same universe ...

Still , i think it's a bit 'wrong' to leave that wikia like that ...
It's a ******* mess , and imagine what people will say ? they'll think that is what Kane & Lynch fans are only capable of , it'll be an insult to us and we wouldn't even know it ! ...

ohitspatty
22nd Jun 2010, 23:01
True, you do make a good point. Man, it really needs some serious work. Only "characters" that are there: Kane, Lynch, and the7

Hmmm, I might contribute a little once I come home from my break.

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Jun 2010, 23:13
you do make a good point.

What is that suppose to mean ? since when do i Not make a good point ? ...

Anywya i think despite my doubts , i will be editing on this ... ******* mess of a wikia ... But i prefer it if we all work on it together , so tell me when you're all ready ...

Oh and don't worry , i'll be writting without my ... 'individualistic' style ...

SlashPrower
23rd Jun 2010, 00:59
Being the lead editor on the Kane and Lynch TV Tropes page and having done incredibly extensive research for Last Stand, I feel obliged to tell you that I know everything about everything from the first game and will add a ****load tomorrow for you.

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Jun 2010, 01:02
First of you still haven't edited the Trope page with the tropes i've shown to you ...
And second , after you've done editing the wikia , be sure to watch Me re-edit everything you'll wrote ...

Nah , but i'm eager to see how much you know ...

PS : who is connected to the PSN at the moment ? ...

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Jun 2010, 10:49
Actually , yeah , go ahead , write all you want ...

Because the more i think of it , who the hell likes writing walkthroughs anywya ? especially for a linear , non-puzzle element , third person shooter ? ...

So go ahead , write them walkthroughs and other boring stuff ...

SlashPrower
23rd Jun 2010, 12:19
First of you still haven't edited the Trope page with the tropes i've shown to you ...
And second , after you've done editing the wikia , be sure to watch Me re-edit everything you'll wrote ...

Nah , but i'm eager to see how much you know ...

PS : who is connected to the PSN at the moment ? ...

Not to be rude, but the only trope you gave me that was valid was the Bank Robbery one. I'm adding that today, as well as That One Level and That One Boss.

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Jun 2010, 12:24
Finally ! an answer ! ...
The part when you were rude was that you took so long to answer me lol ...
I told you only to add those that you felt was appropriate , but hey , one out of nine ain't so bad ! ...

Anywya ...

Concerning the wikia , i'm thinking of occupying the Trivia pages for each of the game's Chapter , and i'm now replaying Dead Men to transcript Lynch's audio flashback in co-op mode (which i'm still relunctant to do since , well , i'm just about the only one who paid attention to it , and ... well , you'll see for yourself) ...

SlashPrower
23rd Jun 2010, 12:45
Hey, I payed attention to it, too.

God, the existing pages were done very badly. I'm hoping that formatting is the same as in TV Tropes so I can immediately start adding and changing pages, but I doubt it.

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Jun 2010, 12:53
. . .

Wait what ? ...

You played co-op ? You ******* heard the flashbacks ?! ...

Jesus christ ! why didn't talk about it in the forums ! i thought i was the only one who actually played co-op and knew anything about Lynch's 'past' ... did you understood what it all meant ? because i don't ! i can make some sense out of it , but it's just too goddamn weird to be true ! ...

SlashPrower
23rd Jun 2010, 12:58
I played it a little- my sister is terrible and always shoots me, so I don't play with her much, and my dad couldn't give a crap about Kane and Lynch. The only one I remember is the children chanting, which was weird as crap.

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Jun 2010, 13:10
You DON'T KNOW HALF OF IT ...

When i create that Flashback page you'll go insane ...
Yeah , it's time i unleash Lynch's flashbacks , i'm done keeping it all for myself ...

SlashPrower
23rd Jun 2010, 13:21
Worked a bit on Kane's page and added a quick page that explains what a "dead man" is, as well as a list of known dead men.

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Jun 2010, 13:25
"Unregistered contributor" ? ...

Are you suggesting that we should work on this as anonymus contributors ? ...

SlashPrower
23rd Jun 2010, 13:30
I'll log in in a bit, whatever.

Bevacur
23rd Jun 2010, 14:13
Finally ! an answer ! ...
The part when you were rude was that you took so long to answer me lol ...
I told you only to add those that you felt was appropriate , but hey , one out of nine ain't so bad ! ...

Anywya ...

Concerning the wikia , i'm thinking of occupying the Trivia pages for each of the game's Chapter , and i'm now replaying Dead Men to transcript Lynch's audio flashback in co-op mode (which i'm still relunctant to do since , well , i'm just about the only one who paid attention to it , and ... well , you'll see for yourself) ...

So what exactly does Lynch say when he goes down? Anything interesting that may give clues to his past?

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Jun 2010, 14:17
I'm writing them as i'm playing at the moment , there's about Only twelve of them if my memory isn't messing with me ...

But almost each of them is just ... weird ... not in the sense that you hear monster crying about dead teddy bears or anything , but the characters in the flashback are suggesting ... some weird plot theories ...

SlashPrower
23rd Jun 2010, 14:21
Well, it makes sense that Lynch would have weird plot theories to make up for his own mistakes. He can't admit to anything he does while blacked out, so he makes **** up.

It doesn't shake my belief that Lynch killed his wife in the slightest.

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Jun 2010, 14:27
The weirdest thing about it is , strangely enough ... the 'wife' ...

Anywya , i think i got them all , but i'm just having so much fun with Dead Men right now , i can't stop playing ! ...

SlashPrower
23rd Jun 2010, 14:40
Tell me about the flashbacks, I'm curious >_>

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Jun 2010, 14:55
I'm having too much fun playing Dead Men right now ...

Best Game Of All Time ! ...

Seriously though i just need to check on a few gameplay details , then i can start working on the Co-op page ...

SlashPrower
23rd Jun 2010, 15:03
Hey...

HEY POST THE FLASHBACKS MAN

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Jun 2010, 17:54
IT IS DONE ...

http://kaneandlynch.wikia.com/wiki/Dead_Men%27s_Co-op_mode

ohitspatty
23rd Jun 2010, 17:57
What is that suppose to mean ? since when do i Not make a good point ? ...
There is plenty, trust me.

SlashPrower
23rd Jun 2010, 18:06
Grievous will make a point every time he speaks- but the quality of the point is completely random.

Some of the flashbacks are depressing. I'm going to assume that some of it happened off-screen and some of it was from before the game started, with a bit of it made up. There's no freaking way he was in Venezuela.

Also, are you sure he said "Ronnie"? "Annie" would have made much more sense and the two names are similar.

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Jun 2010, 18:10
Here's my conspiracy theory , i was about to leave it on the wiki but then i thought , nah , people might go nuts over it ...

So i'm posting it here ...

Lynch was supposedly to be part of The7, and seemingly had no choice but to accept it, his wife thinks it isn't a good idea to get himself in danger, but Lynch would not listen. The7 had Lynch teamed up with Kane on a operation, this operation could turn out to be the Venzuela incident. Lynch already had his issues, but no one within The7 knew about it, not even Kane, Lynch was along with another member of The7 named Ronny when his hallucinations kicked in, starting a firefight on his own, killing Ronny, and disrupting the the deal The7 was supposedly taking care of. Kane, who was secretly working with Retomoto, took the opportunity to take the content of the Black Briefcases for himself, leaving The7 to burn. On his escape, Kane found Lynch, who keeps repeating that he got it "under control", they didn't had much time to explain themselves however, as they got into another firefight with remaining members of The7, fire broke out, smoke covered the area, Lynch couldn't see and couldn't breathe, he was then eventually severely wounded, and collapsed to the ground when he was escaping in the forest with Kane, he passed out, and suffered from amnesia, but Kane still brought him back with him to America. Not all of The7 died of course, and the first thing they did was looking for Lynch, who did not remember any of them or anything they were saying, they then had his wife killed and made sure he went to deathrow while they did the same for Kane. Years later The7 purposely had Lynch and Kane meet up again, Kane remembers Lynch, and caught the irony of The7 to place him as his 'watchdog', of course, Lynch remembers nothing, and when he brought up the Venezuela incident at the beginning of El Capitol, Kane, in order to hide the truth, just ignores the subject.

Brackstone17
23rd Jun 2010, 18:14
My vote is that Lynch made all that up in his head. The whole deeper conspiracy idea just doesn't seem to fit well in my opinion.

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Jun 2010, 18:15
Also, are you sure he said "Ronnie"? "Annie" would have made much more sense and the two names are similar.

During the flashback you could clearly hear the 'R' of Ronny , but then again the flashbacks were all filled with sound effects in the background , so we can't be 100% sure which is it ...

SlashPrower
23rd Jun 2010, 18:20
My vote is that Lynch made all that up in his head. The whole deeper conspiracy idea just doesn't seem to fit well in my opinion.

Seconded.

Also, if it turns out that Lynch had a son, my head might explode. I always figured that neither of them had any family members left that weren't dead or completely alienated from them.

I do know, however, that he had clones. And that I can explain.

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Jun 2010, 18:30

Seconded.

Also, if it turns out that Lynch had a son, my head might explode. I always figured that neither of them had any family members left that weren't dead or completely alienated from them.

Indeed , this sems to be the most reasonnable explanation ...
But i still think it's weird how Kane is constantly in his memories ...

And is it so wrong that Lynch was going to be a father ? ...

This could explain , at least as stated from the FBI files , why Lynch and Annie has some 'intense arguments' in the days before she dies ...
As the neibor said , they use to argue over phone bills or small stuff like that , but what could really made them being so angry at each other so much ? Annie says in a flashback that she "hate it" and that "it's ruining their lives" , just what exactly could be ruining their lives ? Lynch's decision to join The7 ? the fact that Lynch is entirely conditionned by his pills ? or his simple disagreement in becoming a father ? ...

I mean he could have very well killed Annie because she wanted to keep the baby but he just didn't wanted , and the pills didn't worked enough , and he bashed her to death for not listening to him ...

**** , why is it that i never got any wine around when i'm filled with depressive thoughts ...

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Jun 2010, 18:31
I do know, however, that he had clones. And that I can explain.

LYNCH IS A HERO OF THE COLD WAR ! ...
Respect ! ...

Brackstone17
23rd Jun 2010, 18:35
The simplest explanation is probably the best. Lynch's condition could very well have been the source of the arguments. Plenty of couples have fierce arguments over simple things, imagine how intense it would be with a schizophrenic on one side of the fight.

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Jun 2010, 18:39
imagine how intense it would be with a schizophrenic on one side of the fight.

*facepalm* ...
And You're Saying That To ME ? ...

SlashPrower
23rd Jun 2010, 18:45
Actually, here's how it went down, man.

So, the U.S. Government decides to make clones of Lynch. Why they did so is a mystery, although it's rumored that Jeff Gerstmann himself ordered them right after he was fired with his secret millions of dollars he got from some distant relative, because he wanted TEH REVENGE. The U.S. Government is all "lawl okay" but is secretly planning to use the clones as soldiers, because who wouldn't want a bunch of maniacs that may or may not shoot each other and their allies in battle? It's a foolproof plan.

Unfortunately, they ran into two problems-

-Cloning is really hard
-Lynch doesn't actually exist

After numerous failed attempts to create a living clone were made and billions of dollars were wasted, they got it (sort of) right. There were about 9 clones made, all living, thinking clones. However, these were all wildly imperfect, deviating from the original concept in thought pattern, age, race, and, in the case of the first clone, gender. The government, embarassed, ordered them all destroyed.

The first two, however, weren't down with that ****, and orchestrated a daring escape that ended up killing the other 7 because hey, **** those guys, am I right? It worked, and they managed to create false identities for themselves and hide among the general populace. Meanwhile, Gerstmann got over it, created Giant Bomb, and did a really good Let's Play of Deadly Premonition.

Unfortunately, the second clone hit his head on a bit of pipe one day and lost all of his memories.

The first clone was by far the worst attempt- while having quite a bit of the impulsive nature and short temper of the original concept, it had no definable mental illness. It had the wrong eye color, the wrong build, was much too short and scrawny, and let us not forget, was a girl.

The second clone, while much closer and the right gender, was inexplicably Asian-looking and had the wrong voice.

Who are these clones now?

Nobody knows...except for one board member's signature.

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Jun 2010, 19:05
The second clone became a hired gun , participating in heists all over the world , one day however he got tired , in his forties he settled down with a nice girl and became a lawyer , defending other criminals that were like him ...
Deep down he had this huge hatred for society for even letting people like him exist , violent natured men with a unclear conscience ...
One thing led to another , the girl he settled down turned out to be his hallucination , and so this clone returned to his violent roots , from upstanding citizen working with the law to outstanding criminal of the exiles once again , he founded a group , calling it the five percent , but with the five spelled with the roman numeral instead , it's a group that reunites all people who hold a inexplainable grudge against society , one day The first clone discovers this group and joins in , neither of the clones recognized each other , but began tearing down society and become enemy number one of the whole world ...

The two clones eventually had ... well , you know ... and they decided that perhaps they needed to settle down somewhere nice , and live with it ...
Of course all went wrong when clone One dies , for some reason only explained somewhere along the story but who gives a **** ...
Clone two then understood that his objective was to change society all along , and his deviation from it had only made him more insane ...
Being a ex-lawyer , he had saved many criminals from death row , and with their help manages to build a army that teared down apart all the armies of the world , the economy , and the population's belief on the goverment ...

Bunch of action scenes later the five percent somehow managed to save society by , litteraly , rebuilding the vile system it was based on ... at the cost of all of their lives , the people of the world will then start create a cult toward the V%'s sacrifice , calling them the 'Philanthropist' due to their heroic effort , and represents a vertue that was so rare that only five percent had it , and now they're all gone , but the world was now at peace , and didn't needed to worry about anything anymore ...

Stick to the end of the end credits and you found out Clone Two didn't actually die , he was too strong to die , and neither did Clone One , in fact she was just having a deep sleep , all perfect clones had that apparently , since clone two wasn't perfect , he never had such deep sleep , makes sense ...
And they returned to their home and live in peace , finally , now that they've accomplished the 'responsability' that was being imposed to them : to give a meaning for being created in this world ...

Marvelous ...

SlashPrower
23rd Jun 2010, 19:07
A sweet story, with only one minor problem...

Clone One is underage, making Clone Two a pedophile.

:hmm:

O SHI-

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Jun 2010, 19:13
Not exactly , when they meet up again thiry years has passed since they were created ...

:thumb: ...

Besides , if you think about it , they're actually brothers and sisters ...
So sweet ...

UhUh
23rd Jun 2010, 19:14
I really hope this forum doesn't turn into this (http://www.sonic-online.com/sonicpassion/) D:

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Jun 2010, 19:18
Well if it's all business with you ...

Would someone tell me where the hell should i even start in order to edit this ? ...

http://kaneandlynch.wikia.com/wiki/Dead_Men_Walkthrough

Whose bright idea was it to create pages per checkpoints ? ...

SlashPrower
23rd Jun 2010, 19:18
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII think we can turn the topic away from the clone thing, that got awkward faster than I expected.

And I blame Grievous for it.

EDIT: The entire wiki was messed up when you found it- I'm just focusing on fixing the character profiles right now.

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Jun 2010, 19:20
Well we can't leave it like that , should we delete the walkthrough pages and remake them from scratch or what ? ...

PS : *took the blame* ...

MxOAgentJohnson
23rd Jun 2010, 22:26
Saw this wikia year or two ago, i dont know i dont remember. I love wikias, specially fallout.wikia.com

Ill help you with the wikia anytime.

SlashPrower
23rd Jun 2010, 22:39
Um, well I'm too lazy to do it right now, but eventually we should format it better...

And now we're back on the clone topic because I need a good second line for my sig.

I wasn't sleeping because sleeping's for losers. Really, I started a mercenary group known simply as the Corporation and was underground fighting a crapload of wars while you were changing society or whatever.

GrievousOdyssey
24th Jun 2010, 01:18
Just noting that This Topic has now changed to the Clone topic , now if you'll excuse me i got a much more important annoucement to make elsewhere ...

Edit : HOLY ******* **** , This is the forty seventh reply of this topic , i win ! ...

Absolutely nothing ...

ohitspatty
24th Jun 2010, 03:28
When I get home, I can help out with the by-check-points walk-through since I'm really need another run through of this game. It's going to be single player on morphine is that okay?

GrievousOdyssey
24th Jun 2010, 17:17
It's going to be single player on morphine is that okay?

This game should not be played in any other difficulty other than Morphine , i say so ! ...

But yeah , if you're comfortable with doing a walkthrough go ahead ...

Bevacur
24th Jun 2010, 18:20
I really hope this forum doesn't turn into this (http://www.sonic-online.com/sonicpassion/) D:

Wtf have i just read?

This is...well disturbing.

Sonic's feet are sexy?? Weird.

Brackstone17
24th Jun 2010, 20:35
Wtf have i just read?

This is...well disturbing.

Sonic's feet are sexy?? Weird.
You never noticed cause his feet were always moving so fast.

Just kidding, I'm as disgusted as you are.

GrievousOdyssey
24th Jun 2010, 20:40
You never noticed cause his feet were always moving so fast.

I actually didn't even realized how disgusting it was until you pointed out ... ******* ...

Bevacur
24th Jun 2010, 20:40

I'm sure you are :p

All you Human's are strange.

GrievousOdyssey
24th Jun 2010, 20:47
I ******* knew you were a frenchman ...

ohitspatty
24th Jun 2010, 20:58
I'll let you know if I'll have time once I come back but it looks like fun. If I can be as descriptive as "After The Crash" with maybe little more in-sight then I'm all for it.