PDA

View Full Version : A very important issue concerning dxhr

Remington
22nd Jun 2010, 17:49
DX:HR computers suck.

No user and password?

Console-friendly interface? Not In My DX (TM)

Thoughts, suggestions, speculations ?

Jerion
22nd Jun 2010, 17:55

No user and password?

1) No User/Password? Where did you get that idea?

2) Yes, a console version is going to show console button hints in the computer UI. What did you think would happen, that it would say "Disable Alarms (F)" on the PS3?

Remington
22nd Jun 2010, 17:58
1. Gameplay footage.

2. The windows-like interface of DX1 actually looked like a computer.

gamer0004
22nd Jun 2010, 18:01
I believe Jensen didn't have to enter the password/username because the NPC was already logged on - which I think is a very good improvement.

Jerion
1. Gameplay footage.

2. The windows-like interface of DX1 actually looked like a computer.

1. If you're talking about the guard's computer, then it should be an obvious conclusion: He was already logged in when Adam killed him.

2. It looked like a late 90s GUI with techy decals tacked on. Basically: functionally ugly sci-fi.

Remington
I hope that belief is true.

gamer0004
22nd Jun 2010, 18:03
1. If you're talking about the guard's computer, then it should be an obvious conclusion: He was already logged in when Adam killed him.

2. It looked like a late 90s GUI with techy decals tacked on. Basically: functionally ugly sci-fi.

@2. Doesn't the XBOX GUI work like that?

Jerion
22nd Jun 2010, 18:04
@2. Doesn't the XBOX GUI work like that?

I wouldn't know. I'm a computer gamer. http://www.battledb.com/forums/images/smilies/emot-smug.gif

In all seriousness, If it does work like that then it's because it's from the same company (and possibly same people) that made the god-awful (IMO) Windows GUI.

Pinky_Powers
22nd Jun 2010, 19:20
I hope that belief is true.

You didn't watch the footage with your sound turn on. You know how I know this? Because if you had, you would have heard one of the EM staff specifically state that this computer was already in-use by the guard, and there was no need to log-on or hack it.

Remington
22nd Jun 2010, 21:36
You didn't watch the footage with your sound turn on. You know how I know this? Because if you had, you would have heard one of the EM staff specifically state that this computer was already in-use by the guard, and there was no need to log-on or hack it.

True, my version has a lot of background noise, and almost nothing is visible due to very bright lights.

I do understand that my version is the only version, but I can't hear what they're saying nor see the screen.

pringlepower
22nd Jun 2010, 21:42
True, my version has a lot of background noise, and almost nothing is visible due to very bright lights.

I do understand that my version is the only version, but I can't hear what they're saying nor see the screen.

Console-friendly interface? Maybe because it was demoed on a freaking console. Wait for PC first, and don't give that "they won't change the itnerface for PC because the game is made for 15 years olds blah blah blah" crap. Just wait.

Remington
22nd Jun 2010, 21:56
AFAIK, the PC version itself will be console friendly, just like DXIW.

That is exactly what DX is NOT.

pringlepower
22nd Jun 2010, 22:04
AFAIK, the PC version itself will be console friendly, just like DXIW.

That is exactly what DX is NOT.

A man can dream Remington. A man can dream...

Shralla
22nd Jun 2010, 22:22

Get a better sound card, get better speakers, and turn down your goddamn gamma. Yeah, a lot of the presentation was hard to see/hear, but that was one of the loudest and most poignant things said in the presentation.

booheads
23rd Jun 2010, 00:37
good to know Computers in the year 2027 have clunkly video game console GUI's :lol:

seriously, the pc version ingame Computer GUI's better have a mouse pointer and clickable stuff.

michal.lewtak
23rd Jun 2010, 16:43
good to know Computers in the year 2027 have clunkly video game console GUI's :lol:

seriously, the pc version ingame Computer GUI's better have a mouse pointer and clickable stuff.

Damn right. I mean, this is year 20-freaking-10 in gaming.

ZakKa89
23rd Jun 2010, 16:51
Image removed. Far too big.

JablesKage
23rd Jun 2010, 16:57
maybe next time you can post a smaller image so us poor people with minuscule monitors can see the image properly???

3rdmillhouse
23rd Jun 2010, 17:29

No user and password?

Dude, get a grip on that premature ejaculation syndrome of yours. This was a pre-alpha build, which means less than 30% of the game is done. It will be corrected in time.

PenguinsFriend
23rd Jun 2010, 18:14
Dude, get a grip on that premature ejaculation syndrome of yours. This was a pre-alpha build, which means less than 30% of the game is done. It will be corrected in time.

It's beat

Remington
23rd Jun 2010, 23:48
lololololol

bump.