PDA

View Full Version : Casual mode isn't

Colif
22nd Jun 2010, 03:38
I hope this has been covered in the patch, but casual mode needs help. I mean, its no easier than the harder modes are when it comes to military reactions. Once you pass 300k chaos or 450k chaos, the reaction from military is excessive. You get to lvl 5 just as fast since its all based on your chaos score. Perhaps the score to get a lvl 5 military response should be scaled differently in each difficulty. I know the accuracy of the enemy is already.

Its hard to continue playing when all you want to do is have fun and military throws 2 helicopters and a bunch of paratroops at you for accidentally blowing up a caravan. But if I restart I run into another bug that is hopefully actually being fixed in the patch.

Casual should just be a pick up and have fun mode, if you want to really play game, try the 3 other difficulties.

Another funny thing, chaos is the score for the amount of destruction you do. But all this destruction has no real effect, the further you get into game, the more they have to throw at you. How is that possible, unless Panau island is really just a tiny island off the coast of the actual country (maybe they could have JC3 in the actual country). The easiest way to play game without military harassing your every move is do no damage at all. They will just ignore you. So its like the moral to the movie War Games, easiest way to win is not to play :)

xX3xKilleRXx
22nd Jun 2010, 07:44
I think that the difficulty modes just are how much you take damage or it might be that difficulty modes are just for the agentcy missions :hmm:

JustCauseStunting
22nd Jun 2010, 08:13
Its hard to continue playing when all you want to do is have fun and military throws 2 helicopters and a bunch of paratroops at you for accidentally blowing up a caravan.

It's a corrupt military island :rasp:

patrickownzya
22nd Jun 2010, 09:20
I hope it remains untouched, at my normal playthrough I have every settlement 100% and it is now hard as hell to get some militairy to chase me. :(

That's why I started over on casual, so they could keep chasing me.

xI Jakk Ix
22nd Jun 2010, 16:17
It's a corrupt military island :rasp:

Which is why you are there to kill Baby Panay :D

GrappleLuv
23rd Jun 2010, 16:48
I kinda agree with the poster its like damn you got to send 2 helicopters and a bunch of convoys for throwing a nade come on!!!!!

Start a new game i guess

OldTheBKBrawler
23rd Jun 2010, 18:41
I hope it remains untouched, at my normal playthrough I have every settlement 100% and it is now hard as hell to get some militairy to chase me. :(

That's why I started over on casual, so they could keep chasing me.

But... that's the whole point. You work to get the island to 100% completion, that means there isn't a single active military base and there isn't a single person who's sympathetic to the military anywhere. You've destroyed all their infrastructure, all their vehicles, assassinated the entire military command line... They shouldn't be able to give chase because there's nobody to give them orders, no vehicles for them to get int0, nowhere for them to sleep at night, no armory to supply them with weapons, and no radios to communicate with one another!

Just my opinion. If you want to fight the military, then play a new game from the start. Seems like if I choose to spend weeks mopping up every bit of the military, they should be...well...mopped up. I don't think anyone expects any differently with, say, a first-person shooter. You play through a linear level, and you don't expect new enemies to continuously spawn behind you later on. Don't see why that should be any differently because I'm on an island instead of in a corridor.

Colif
24th Jun 2010, 03:58
Maybe after you 100% all locations game should reload all the destructables and military resources again so you can roam around randomly doing anything, give the player the option to have it save their destruction again or have it fresh again after every restart of game. For a open sandbox game, it isn't very free.

xAiRDogx
24th Jun 2010, 07:15
I agree, there needs to be a way to toggle military on and off...its effing annoying when im just trying to have fun and ive got 1400000 elite soldiers shoving grenades down my throat and hitting me with every bullet they shoot.

Colif
24th Jun 2010, 16:14
Or when you just want ot go for a drive and some militia in area blows up a statue, you get the credit and the heat and lose your ride. True, sometimes you can outrun them or just stop and kill them, your choice really. The highways are so nice to drive on, collecting health packs along way.

patrickownzya
24th Jun 2010, 17:28
Or when you just want ot go for a drive and some militia in area blows up a statue, you get the credit and the heat and lose your ride. True, sometimes you can outrun them or just stop and kill them, your choice really. The highways are so nice to drive on, collecting health packs along way.

Rofl yes, this happened so many times with me. Sometimes people randomly blow up a transformator or something and they always blame me.