PDA

View Full Version : Another piece of my childhood gone ... and i didn't even know it ...

GrievousOdyssey
21st Jun 2010, 23:16
I just found out that the Bionicle franchise has ended ...

And while it's true i haven't been 'really' following this franchise for the last ... five or six years ... i still remember back when it was first introduced in 2001 ...
It was ... a masterpiece in its design ...

I mean look at this ...
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091207224049/lego/images/4/4b/Screen_shot_2009-11-26_at_4.28.25_PM.png

In the eighties they had Ghostbusters and Transformers ...
In the nineties i'll always remember Beast Wars and the epic finale of Beast Machine ...
And at the dawn of the twentieth century , Lego was struggling to create a original franchise , it test started with Slizers , but it eventually settled with Bionicle , story of six warriors who arrives in a island from their floating canisters , and they had to find powerful masks that'll help them win the battle against evil , it was easy to understand , it was basic good versus evil , Godly Heroes ... and it was marvelous ...
After 2004 the storyline started to become complicated and whatnot ... and i got a lot more involved in video gaming so i kind of ... let it go , for all these years ...

My personnal issues didn't helped me finding reason to go back to my childhood either , anywya , i just found out a few hours ago that the franchise was put to an end a few months ago , and Lego plans to replace it with another serie (and the reasonning they gave for this 'change' doesn't quite make sense either , but anywya , let's not get into their policies) ...

So ... why did i created this topic ? ...

Well ... asside for making a potential fool out of myself (again) by showing this time that i was once a old fan of the Bionicles , i thought this created a nice opportunity for us all to Share ... yep , we're in a forum , we Share our minds and history ...

Have you ever once had a similar experience ? where one day you found out that something you once loved is now gone ... and , you weren't even there when it faded away ... you just happen to be last to know about ...

The world changes pretty fast kind of think of it , time goes by and ... how much of our past are we carrying towards the future ? ...

Do any of you even remember what you liked , years ago ? ...

joe the janitor
22nd Jun 2010, 05:01
Hmm. I never really liked Bionicles. I was into lego, and beyblades!

petersjov
22nd Jun 2010, 05:54
I watched captain future on german tv, BOY THAT show was great!! - i want to buy them, but they are ...******* expensive ;-)

Bevacur
22nd Jun 2010, 10:57
I loved Bionicle! I collected every single of them but stopped after the 2nd edition of the one's that can be shaped into a ball.

SlashPrower
22nd Jun 2010, 12:24
Um, Bionicles, Legos, and anything doing with TEH POKEYMANZ. Pokemon Stadium, the Game Boy games (I only had Blue, Gold, and Sapphire- I wasn't one of those losers who got both of a generation just to get ALL TEH POKEYMANZ) and that Gamecube Pokemon Colosseum game that was actually sort of cool. Mainly because, while most Pokemon games started off with "hello i am professor tree welcome to starting town hope you like it move in here's the fire starter" crap, Pokemon Colosseum starts off with you stealing **** from the enemy base, running as they chase you down, and then blowing up the place with some bombs you planted while riding your sweet motorcycle.

There was also a huge Yu-Gi-Oh fad at my school for a while, to the point where they banned us from bringing the cards. I don't own any cards and never did, but I still remember exactly how to play the game. >____>

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Jun 2010, 15:56
Lol i remember Yu Gi Oh ... i had that God like guy , the one that was cut up in five cards , i felt like being The Boss ... yeah ...

But then they laughed at me ... WHY ...

Anywya ...
Back to Bionicle , i just realized how stupid it was that none of the video games they released for it was actually good ... Hell even Traveller Tales made one Bionicle game , and you would expect it to be at least as fun and cool as the first Lego Star Wars ...

It was not fun ... Not ONE BIT ...

I'm seriously considering how making the epic Bionicle game it deserves , in thity years or so when i get enough ressources and manpower to build this project ...

As for now ... well ... i can start catching up what i missed in these past six years on ebay , they're bound to be cheap by now ...

I loved Bionicle! I collected every single of them but stopped after the 2nd edition of the one's that can be shaped into a ball.

Yeah , the Borohk Kal , that was like in 2003 ...
So you were a active fan for like 2 years ...

Well i guess that still counts , lol ...

But i agree , what made me stop following Bionicle was how after 2004 they keep releasing new designs for old characters , and **** started to become confusing , but like i said , i'm bound to be able to find them at low prices now ...

Bevacur
22nd Jun 2010, 16:02
When ever i go into a toy store, i see so many new Bionicle i lost count. It's pretty expensive, 5 quid for each one and there is 6 all together.

I was a avid fan of Lego definitly! From Rock Raiders, Harry Potter, Spider-man to some random alien set.

In the end i actually started burning the Lego men because i thought it was pretty cool to see them melt.

YoungZer0
22nd Jun 2010, 16:14
I was never into toys when i was a kid. Last time i visited my godchild i checked out his Bionicles, i took all three apart and made a complete abomination out of it. It had three heads. Two on the body and one between the legs.

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Jun 2010, 16:44
When ever i go into a toy store, i see so many new Bionicle i lost count. It's pretty expensive, 5 quid for each one and there is 6 all together.

Yeah , hopefully the old ones can be bought at five quid per set ! ...

I was a avid fan of Lego definitly! From Rock Raiders, Harry Potter, Spider-man to some random alien set.

HOLY **** ! Rock Raiders ! Man ! They were the **** ! ... DAMN ! ...

In the end i actually started burning the Lego men because i thought it was pretty cool to see them melt.

I was asking you all to tell about your lost childhood , not telling us stories that hurts our feelings even more ! ...

I was never into toys when i was a kid. Last time i visited my godchild i checked out his Bionicles, i took all three apart and made a complete abomination out of it. It had three heads. Two on the body and one between the legs.

You do know that you just ruined your godchild's childhood ? Have you no shame ? Have you no fear that he'll start planning to make a Abomination out of you yet ? ...

And your face ... he'll be touching it ...
I WILL NOT ALLOW THAT ...

YoungZer0
22nd Jun 2010, 18:41
You do know that you just ruined your godchild's childhood ? Have you no shame ? Have you no fear that he'll start planning to make a Abomination out of you yet ? ...

And your face ... he'll be touching it ...
I WILL NOT ALLOW THAT ...
Of course i have no shame. :D btw. he's too young, didn't get it. Besides i needed something between his legs so it could stand properly.

Bevacur
22nd Jun 2010, 18:46
I c wut u did there.

I remember that every set has a manual on how to build it, and on the very back it has instructions on how to create a bigger version of them all put together.

I mis-read it and took apart every Bionicle my friend and it created some diabolical monster. I created some sort of lanky worm with one arm, it was a mess. My mates whole bed room was covered in Bionicle parts. Man he was pissed and took apart my lego house i brought round. I nearly cried, it took me hours to build a lego house, i was like 6-7 so i think i did cry..

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Jun 2010, 18:59
Lol it's hilarious knowing that someone in your past had destroyed one of your 'homes' , psychologically speaking that would have explained why my skyscraper tower was destroyed ...

Anywya , i remember that with my Transformers , all i needed was read the manual once , and i would always remember which parts to move first and etc , and i had more than twenty of them Transformers , i think i even impressed a few friends who had the same toys as mine , but just couldn't figure out by themselves how to transform their toys , them idiots ...

Sadly i don't know where my toys are gone now , hell i don't even know if i can transform one of them properly ...

*cries , big time* ...

Bevacur
22nd Jun 2010, 19:07
Same. Once i know how to build a certain Bionicle in a set, i then know how to build them all easily in a matter of seconds. When friends get the latest Bionicle, i develope a deep hatred and jealousy was common. I think i gloated to my friends when i had the lastest Bionicle..

My Bionicles are in a massive box in the loft, and i checked them like last in January and it was wierd how all my Bionicle and Lego men had red marker *blood* on the plastic weapons and on the Bionicles themselves. I spotted the odd burnt lego men, poor poor Harry Potter...

I must of had some evil twin sneaking round the house damaging my Lego/Bionicle/Mecanno? toys.