PDA

View Full Version : PC native 360 controller support...?

Rindill the Red
21st Jun 2010, 04:43
Hellos. I'm not trying to start an argument on how much better the mouse and keyboard is for playing games.

I play all my games on my PC, that being said, I hook up my PC to my big-screen in the livin' room to play games and it's MUCH easier to use my wired 360 controller while trying to relax on the couch.

Since DX:HR is being developed for the 360 as well as the PC, I'm hoping that the devs will add native support for the 360 controller on the PC version of the game.

I know it seems like common sense but Modern Warfare 2 for some reason did not include native 360 controller support.

Anyway, I hope this finds its way to the right person.

Romeo
21st Jun 2010, 06:58
Hm. I'll see if I can't wrangle an answer out of Rene for you, brother.

beastrn
21st Jun 2010, 07:06
No need, Romeo.

Of course it will have controller support. Confirmed.

Romeo
21st Jun 2010, 07:10
Oh, why thank you Beastrn. May I ask where you got that? I'm feeling a touch uneducated now. =P

Ashpolt
21st Jun 2010, 09:17
If it's a Games for Windows game*, which most PC games are nowadays, it'll have to have 360 controller support, it's a Microsoft TRC.

*And by that I mean using the Games for Windows branding on the box, not necessarily that it uses Games for Windows LIVE.

K^2
21st Jun 2010, 10:10
Considering how easy it is to support 360 controller under DirectX, especially if you are already porting from 360, it'd be a crime not to.

Romeo
22nd Jun 2010, 03:57
Yeah, as a matter of fact, Rene just told me he's quite sure it'll support it.