PDA

View Full Version : Just Cause 2 Surfy DLC Pack

Krkrman
20th Jun 2010, 11:29
Something came upon my mind about a smart DLC pack. I think the ones who are released are pretty empty, so I made up one myself.

So as the threads about the DLC packs posted before me, I am posting this here and now.

The Surfy DLC Pack:

:keir: A Waterscooter/Jet Ski for Rico to buy in the black market, which has a similar speed to the Frisco Catshark S-38. Civilians will also be able to ride this, as you find them in the ocean. There was one in the first game, why not in this?

:keir: An Underwater Speedcar. Looks like the Civadier 999 mixed with the Garret Traver-Z but it's silver colored with stronger armour and equipment. Only available through the black market.

:keir: A Double Pack/Jet Pack underwater that makes you pedal your way faster through the water and pop up at high speed. Honestly, I hate the feeling while you're swimming and can't find a boat to grapple to, and the surface is too far away, that's why I thought of this action prototype. It's similar to the Dual Parachute Thrusters and the "scuba gear" in Super Mario Sunshine. Press the RB/R1 button to start the jet-engine and A to pop up. This comes with a snorkel so you can of course breathe longer underwater while wearing this.

;)
That's it, guys! Let me know what you think about this and I will reply.

Thanks.

THEvillageIDIOT
20th Jun 2010, 13:03
I would really like that jet ski lol :D

Apache249
20th Jun 2010, 18:26
I'm not liking it. Doesn't seem necessary for causing chaos. If there were things underwater that needed to be destroyed, then maybe.

Negrumir
20th Jun 2010, 18:31
If you add a high-power super-soaker as a weapon. (Think air propulsion gun with water) Then it'll be much more appealing.

Or maybe add a fire hose to fire trucks so you can spray people down like on GTA.

Good start though.

Krkrman
20th Jun 2010, 18:43
I'm not liking it. Doesn't seem necessary for causing chaos. If there were things underwater that needed to be destroyed, then maybe.
Yeah, that's what differs this pack with the other two that has been released. This is not about causing chaos, it's vehicles and having fun with them. I think we spend to less time in the water, and too much at land.

If you add a high-power super-soaker as a weapon. (Think air propulsion gun with water) Then it'll be much more appealing.

Or maybe add a fire hose to fire trucks so you can spray people down like on GTA.

Good start though. I was thinking more on/under water activities, like the ones I wrote.

AGENT RICO
20th Jun 2010, 18:46
well i like em cuz in num 1 there was a jet ski and this underwater thing that u got to use once that waz very cool nice idea

Negrumir
20th Jun 2010, 19:20
I was thinking more on/under water activities...

A harpoon gun then? :D

Thing thing is that there's not a whole lot to do on or under the water. There's only really boats buzzing around. No interactive sea life to speak of. Very few reasons to even go under water outside of a couple collectibles.

If there were some underwater missions or something like that, this might make more sense.

People like causing chaos, we like combat. Exploration is fun and all, but if there's no reason to explore, no secrets, easter eggs, treasure, skeletons, whatever to find, then there's not much motivation to go there. In JC2, if you've seen one area underwater, you pretty much seen the entire seabed.

Maybe if there were some sharks to attack you occasionally...

Krkrman
20th Jun 2010, 19:29
well i like em cuz in num 1 there was a jet ski and this underwater thing that u got to use once that waz very cool nice idea

Thanks, any more suggestions?

Id:EAZ
20th Jun 2010, 20:25
Thanks, any more suggestions?

Hmmmmm it would be better if the car had mounted missiles on it that could be used when above water and on land because as people are saying they want to cause chaos, maybe the car can drive on land and turn into a water car on the sea?

Krkrman
20th Jun 2010, 22:05
Hmmmmm it would be better if the car had mounted missiles on it that could be used when above water and on land because as people are saying they want to cause chaos, maybe the car can drive on land and turn into a water car on the sea?

A harpoon gun then? :D

Thing thing is that there's not a whole lot to do on or under the water. There's only really boats buzzing around. No interactive sea life to speak of. Very few reasons to even go under water outside of a couple collectibles.

If there were some underwater missions or something like that, this might make more sense.

People like causing chaos, we like combat. Exploration is fun and all, but if there's no reason to explore, no secrets, easter eggs, treasure, skeletons, whatever to find, then there's not much motivation to go there. In JC2, if you've seen one area underwater, you pretty much seen the entire seabed.

Maybe if there were some sharks to attack you occasionally...

There's really only the car and the jet engine underwater to make you travel faster, no biggie underwater, the rest of the pack is the jet ski which is not just to get to a place faster, it's fun to ride.

TheZooBoy
20th Jun 2010, 22:53
yes this is a very good idea that would work very well as DLC

JustCauseForever
21st Jun 2010, 16:41
:keir: An underwater speedcar. Looks like the Civadier 999 mixed with the Garret Traver-Z but it's silver colored with stronger armour and equipment. Only available through the black market.
Thanks.

Have you seen The Spy Who Loved Me, by any chance?:)

21st Jun 2010, 17:40

Have you seen Spy Kids by anychance ;)

Negrumir
21st Jun 2010, 17:47
Have you seen Spy Kids by anychance ;)

Yeah, like 10 years ago and it sucked. lol

Plus it's a poor rip-off of just about everything in general.

The Spy Who Loved Me is much better. (I mainly liked the car.)

Krkrman
21st Jun 2010, 19:59

No, but I know 007 has that car :D, but honestly I think Rico should get his own. He is an agent, isn't he? ^^

21st Jun 2010, 22:03
Yeah, like 10 years ago and it sucked. lol

Plus it's a poor rip-off of just about everything in general.

The Spy Who Loved Me is much better. (I mainly liked the car.)

GO DIE :( They had underwater car :/

Krkrman
24th Jun 2010, 16:03
aight

Cheesepuff
24th Jun 2010, 19:22
Something came upon my mind about a smart DLC pack. I think the ones who are released are pretty empty, so I made up one myself.

So as the threads about the DLC packs posted before me, I am posting this here and now.

The Surfy DLC Pack:

:keir: A Waterscooter/Jet Ski for Rico to buy in the black market, which has a similar speed to the Frisco Catshark S-38. Civilians will also be able to ride this, as you find them in the ocean. There was one in the first game, why not in this?

:keir: An underwater speedcar. Looks like the Civadier 999 mixed with the Garret Traver-Z but it's silver colored with stronger armour and equipment. Only available through the black market.

:keir: A Double Pack/Jet Pack underwater that makes you pedal your way faster through the water and pop up at high speed. Honestly, I hate the feeling while you're swimming and can't find a boat to grapple to, and the surface is too far away, that's why I thought of this action prototype. It's similar to the Dual Parachute Thrusters and the "scuba gear" in Super Mario Sunshine. Press the RB/R1 button to start the jet-engine and A to pop up. This comes with a snorkel so you can of course breathe longer underwater while wearing this.

;)
That's it, guys! Let me know what you think about this and I will reply.

Thanks.

Good job :thumb: I think the jet ski and the underwater car and the under water jet pack are all awsome but especially the underwater car because it is actually a real experimental vehicle.

Krkrman
25th Jun 2010, 13:36
Good job :thumb: I think the jet ski and the underwater car and the under water jet pack are all awsome but especially the underwater car because it is actually a real experimental vehicle.

Thanks! I just thought we needed a new DLC pack, so I came up with this.

KomodoDave
27th Jun 2010, 21:40
I'm not liking it. Doesn't seem necessary for causing chaos.

Technically you don't need anything in the game except a machine gun and grenades to cause chaos, but it adds to the fun.

The jet ski idea is a good one, because variety is entertaining. Exploring underwater could be excellent fun if there were at least fish under there, but given there's zero population and nothing to do below the surface, there's not much point in having it.

You may as well just post "jet ski" in your post in the official DLC thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1433391&postcount=60), there's no point dedicating a thread to this.

JustCauseStunting
27th Jun 2010, 22:50
Exploring underwater could be excellent fun if there were at least fish under there, but given there's zero population and nothing to do below the surface, there's not much point in having it.

Yea, I agree with that. An underwater-car is fun for perhaps 1 time; I think it isn't that usefull :cool:

Krkrman
27th Jun 2010, 22:59
Technically you don't need anything in the game except a machine gun and grenades to cause chaos, but it adds to the fun.

The jet ski idea is a good one, because variety is entertaining. Exploring underwater could be excellent fun if there were at least fish under there, but given there's zero population and nothing to do below the surface, there's not much point in having it.

You may as well just post "jet ski" in your post in the official DLC thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1433391&postcount=60), there's no point dedicating a thread to this.

Yea, I agree with that. An underwater-car is fun for perhaps 1 time; I think it isn't that usefull :cool:

Yes, I know and that is precisely why I created this thread. We already have two DLC packs, packed with explosives and things to blow up with. I am thinking about non-chaos vehicles, as the jet ski and the scuba gear, a way to explore the beauty of underwater and get to a place quicker, instead of looking for a boat or finding surface to grapple to.