PDA

View Full Version : They needed to release a trailer for TR9 with this at E3

FeiLongEX
18th Jun 2010, 07:40
Even though Crystal has repeatedly said that GOL is NOT TR9, there are still so many people who assume that it is and that they have taken Tomb Raider in a crazy ass direction and have ruined the series.

They really should have had some kind of trailer for TR9 ready for E3 this year to get it through people's heads that GOL is just meant to be a fun downloadable game and nothing more.

I mean, I remember getting a Tomb Raider Gameboy game (I forget the title but it was around when AOD came out) and it was kind of similar to GOL with the camera angle. I didn't hear people *****ing about that. "HOW DARE THEY RUIN MY CHILDHOOD MEMORIES?!?!"

Why can't people get it through their heads this is a side game and not a part of the series?

Ants_27_
18th Jun 2010, 11:43
Nah they shouldn't have and I'm glad they didn't... why I hear you ask? Well I'm quite happy with CD at the minute, since Underworld they have stopped letting the fans have what they want... something I'm glad they chose to do. It makes sense in my head but I hope you get what I'm rambling on about.

I think we shouldn't worry whether or not some fans can't understand that it isn't the next TR title. I know its annoying but hey...

Plus there might not even be a complete story-line for TR9 yet, they might have only started proper work on it within the past 6 months or whatever. Even though they've said they split the team up into two seperate ones, its hard to know when this actually happened.:D

lilhanhan
18th Jun 2010, 13:35
Good things come to those who wait and seeing as we've heard nothing official about TR9 yet, why should they try to rush things to make a new trailer? We don't know how far it is in the development stages or even if the plot is complete, so making a trailer would seem kinda impossible to do at this given time.

Some of us do feel your frustration about the people who leap onto the forums (or any over message board, comment section, etc) to instantly assume that this is in fact TR9 and then decide to complain like crazy about it. It seems that people would rather jump to conclusions instead of taking the time to learn more information and understand things more clearly, which is a damn shame. The best thing we can do is try to calm them down and explain it to them, although at times you really do wish they would take the time to actually read news articles and press releases themselves.

I know it might seem that I think of myself as high and mighty and that I'm being slightly mean complaining about how some people should take notice and all that jazz, but what I'm saying is basically common sense. Before you rush in and complain about things in any situation, it is best to learn more about the said thing so that you views and opinions are actually valid. Overall it's better for you so that you don't feel embarrassed for ranting about how this shouldn't be TR9, when everyone else and their dog knows that it's in fact not TR9 and just a spin-off. Really, it's just common sense.

I've gone off on a rant haven't I? I apologise. ^.^;

MaxRaider
19th Jun 2010, 04:35
I'm so glad you guys said something! I've been on so many sites where people are instantly dissing on The Guardian of Light. "This is not Tomb Raider at all!"... It's not supposed to be!!! It's Lara Croft. They need to know the facts before they freak out. That being said, I Love what I have seen so far. I think this game is a great idea and it looks like a lot of fun. :) I agree that it's not the time for a TR9 trailer. But when it is, I'll be ready!:eek:

Max 28
19th Jun 2010, 08:19
Indeed lilhanhan. If people are so into TR they should pay attention and see that GoL isn't TR:9. Spend some time actually learning what GoL is before they have an outburst of anger.

And I agree with you about the keeping back the trailer. Just what I would have said.

mushroom079
20th Jun 2010, 06:25
I wonder when we will get any INFO on TR9 (Hint hint Keir).
This is what we are all ultimately hanging out for....
:lmao:

Ants_27_
20th Jun 2010, 07:05
I wonder when we will get any INFO on TR9 (Hint hint Keir).
This is what we are all ultimately hanging out for....
:lmao:

Not until well after GOL is released (they want you to buy it), so some people would just hold out for TR9 instead of buying this game.

Plus they might not actually have a working level or storyline yet, after all, CD were going to take a break from TR after they completed their work on Underworld. Look at Heavy Rain... we saw the casting trailer, just showing off technology, nothing more (2006) and we saw nothing (nor heard) anything of the actual game till 2008.;)

aussie500
21st Jun 2010, 07:36
Not until well after GOL is released (they want you to buy it), so some people would just hold out for TR9 instead of buying this game.

Plus they might not actually have a working level or storyline yet, after all, CD were going to take a break from TR after they completed their work on Underworld. Look at Heavy Rain... we saw the casting trailer, just showing off technology, nothing more (2006) and we saw nothing (nor heard) anything of the actual game till 2008.;)

How were Crystal Dynamics taking a break from Tomb Raider? They started Tomb Raider 9 straight after or even before they finished TRU. They have 2 teams (that we know of) working on games, so they do not seem to be taking much of a break. It takes around 3 years (or more) to make a main game, they take a break we will be getting the next game sometime in 2013 or even later if the hardware changes and they have to remake the game.

People cannot work out GOL is not Tomb Raider 9 showing them a teaser trailer for TR9 they would have forgotten by the time the marketing campaign starts is only going to make them complain more. We have been told multiple times GOL is not Tomb Raider 9 and not even a Tomb Raider game. Seems pretty easy to comprehend, you just have to look at the name of the game to work out it is not TR9.

Some will no doubt hold out for TR9 and refuse to try GOL, tough luck for them, they will be waiting a while yet. Refusing to try GOL is not going to get them a Tomb Raider game any faster.

mushroom079
28th Jun 2010, 11:20
They are not taking a break - it's why there two teams on the two projects.

Aussie500 - I WONDER IF THEY WILL MERGE TEAMS ONCE TRGOL IS RELEASED?
(OR WILL THEY WORK ON A NEW SIDE PROJECT?)

Either way - just a bit of info on TR9 would be a little helpful....
COUGHS LOUDER *KEIR*HINT COUGH COUGH

Just wanna know that this is going to be awesome and just something juicy!?!

Ants_27_
28th Jun 2010, 19:20
By break I mean holidays (example)theres bound to be a period of which the devs take time off in order to rest up before pledging their life to another game. Judging by other devs anywho.

Danielsun_
28th Jun 2010, 19:38
Sorry Mushroom but the only info you are going to get is that they are working on two projects right now

Keir (to my understanding) is not allowed to release info on a game in progress willing neely, he does a good job at dropping hints, so for now you are just going to be extra vigilant

aussie500
29th Jun 2010, 09:28
They are not taking a break - it's why there two teams on the two projects.

Aussie500 - I WONDER IF THEY WILL MERGE TEAMS ONCE TRGOL IS RELEASED?
(OR WILL THEY WORK ON A NEW SIDE PROJECT?)

Either way - just a bit of info on TR9 would be a little helpful....
COUGHS LOUDER *KEIR*HINT COUGH COUGH

Just wanna know that this is going to be awesome and just something juicy!?!

Crystal Dynamics have been staffing up all year and they already have the TR9 team and the smaller GOL team. Either the GOL team is being expanded to work on TR10 or a complete new team is possibly being started up for that. Maybe the GOL team will work on DLC for TR9, maybe they will help out with TR9 till they are ready to start a new game (spin off or main game), who knows. We will have to wait and see, because no one is likely to tell us anything and we are not likely to get any news about TR9 this side of Christmas.

_Love2Raid_
29th Jun 2010, 21:55
I think that would lead to even more confusion. People are already thinking that this is the next Tomb Raider, despite that it was mentioned in practically every article and interview about this game that it's not. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pulse
30th Jun 2010, 07:54
It doesn't matter what stupid people assume. Every preview for GOL that I've read have praised the game, so that's fine.

It'd be pretty cool if a teaser for TR9 was included with GOL somehow :thumb:

Ants_27_
30th Jun 2010, 08:04
It'd be pretty cool if a teaser for TR9 was included with GOL somehow :thumb:

Nah I don't think that would be a good idea... well not a bad one but hard to explain... here goes:

By showing a trailer for another series of games (TR9) within a different series (GOL) it would take the light and praise off of GOL as its own stand-alone game, and it then becomes a spin-off.

Like Ashes to Ashes, that was a spin off from Life on mars but in the final episode if they'd had Sam Tyler return (Life on mars) then that would have taken away Ashes as a series of it own and would have taken the spot light off of Keeley who'd carried the series.

Granted its a small matter and the likelihood of anyone thinking of it this way (except me:lol:) is probably slim but you get the point. They want Lara Croft to be another series and not have to rely on the back of the 'pillar' release. I hope you all understand what I'm on about.

mushroom079
30th Jun 2010, 09:21
I understand - but how coo would it be - REWARDED with a TR9 trailer for gathering all achievements/trophies.

One could only wish....