PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Recon : Future Soldier How Deus ex should play

Ghostface
18th Jun 2010, 04:15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKPqRcAw7Hg

I think holding an enemy soldier in place after killing them would be a nice addition to DX. I also like the use of augmented reality.

Unstoppable
18th Jun 2010, 04:17
I saw that gameplay but that is a different game than Deus Ex: HR. First off it focuses on squad play with the A.I. not being controlled anymore by the player. It has some nice technology things which I like and definitely feel like I might be playing that game when it releases.

However there is a major focus on combat while DX: HR has other things like stealth, hacking, and social ways to deal with situations. DX: HR gives you choice while Future Soldier is more linear from what I've seen.

Future Soldier pre determined paths, DX:HR choice, big difference.

Pinky_Powers
18th Jun 2010, 04:21
Yes, it's a very different type of game. I'll certainly be getting that, though. I love that series... so long as it's on the PC too.

Ghostface
18th Jun 2010, 05:19
I was thinking in terms of cover system, take downs and augmented reality rather than specific focus on combay

beastosterone
18th Jun 2010, 05:26
Obviously that was a scripted event not something you can actually do in the game

KSingh77
18th Jun 2010, 17:53
Like the head shot of that pilot in the chopper?:(

68_pie
18th Jun 2010, 17:57
i'd rather have the FP takedowns from the new Goldeneye but this did TP quite well.

Pinky_Powers
18th Jun 2010, 19:07
i'd rather have the FP takedowns from the new Goldeneye but this did TP quite well.

The PC version might be completely first-person, as it was with Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter; X-Box 360 was in 3rd-person, PC was in 1st.

I should play that again...

Anasumtj
19th Jun 2010, 02:14
Ghost Recon (and the R6 series for that matter) are pale shadows of their former selves. This looks... fun... but I'd kill for something like the original games.

Deus_Ex_Machina
19th Jun 2010, 02:35
Ghost Recon (and the R6 series for that matter) are pale shadows of their former selves. This looks... fun... but I'd kill for something like the original games.

Yeah. Ubisoft is legendary for killing off good franchises.

Rainbow Six - Died with Rainbow Six Lockdown

Far Cry - Died with Far Cry 2

Splinter Cell - Died with Splinter Cell Conviction

Ghost Recon - Dies with Ghost Recon Future Soldier

Pinky_Powers
19th Jun 2010, 03:18

Quite possibly true. But I hope not. :(

hem dazon 90
19th Jun 2010, 05:10

Assassin's Creed is still doing pretty good...

Hell the second Assassin's Creed was way better than the first.

Deus_Ex_Machina
19th Jun 2010, 06:40
Assassin's Creed is still doing pretty good...

Hell the second Assassin's Creed was way better than the first.

There always an exception to the rule.

However, AC won't remain untainted forever. Ubi is a corrupting force. Give them time.

Pinky_Powers
19th Jun 2010, 06:42
There always an exception to the rule.

However, AC won't remain untainted forever. Ubi is a corrupting force. Give them time.

You shut your f**king mouth! Don't say that!! :eek: :mad:

Deus_Ex_Machina
19th Jun 2010, 06:46
You shut your f**king mouth! Don't say that!! :eek: :mad:

I don't want it to happen, but based on Ubi's track record, it will. Nothing can stop it. NOTHING.

The truth hurts like pissing drunk with gonorrhea.

hem dazon 90
19th Jun 2010, 07:05
I don't want it to happen, but based on Ubi's track record, it will. Nothing can stop it. NOTHING.

The truth hurts like pissing drunk with gonorrhea.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060530104255/starwars/images/4/4d/Lukenohandsma.jpg

that's not true!

THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!

JCpies
19th Jun 2010, 07:40
Well done to whoever created this post.... Oh yeah sarcasm doesn't translate across the web.

KSingh77
19th Jun 2010, 20:48
There was no Russian sailors in that demo.

A russian soldier didn't even crack the famous line:

*I spilled my drink!*

Dead-Eye
19th Jun 2010, 21:21
That combat looks fun.

IOOI
26th Jun 2010, 05:38
The PC version might be completely first-person, as it was with Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter; X-Box 360 was in 3rd-person, PC was in 1st.

I doubt that the PC version will be in FP. This time around it seems all versions will use the same engine. The gameplay footage we have seen so far is in TP, changing to FP to aim more accurately, and from the little I've learned so far, that means gameplay probably will be built around TP (like in the consoles).
The excuses will be that it would be too much difficult to play in FP, that there are new animations they want to show and that doing takedown animations in FP would not be as cool.

HR will probably follow the same path, after every MGS and Mass Effect fan (and playtesters) start to request it. There will be an option to go Full TP (but none to go full FP).

Pinky_Powers
26th Jun 2010, 05:49
HR will probably follow the same path, after every MGS and Mass Effect fan (and playtesters) start to request it. There will be an option to go Full TP (but none to go full FP).

The biggest sellers on the market are Halo and Call of Duty. Which are both first-person. Of course, Gears of War is monstrous too, but it certainly doesn't have more fans than the other two combined. I simply can't see most play-testers pushing developers to go third-person... for any reason.

JablesKage
26th Jun 2010, 08:23

rainbow six died with raven shield, farcry was an awesome shooter and FC2 killed the game immediately, SC conviction sucked my balls and Ghost recon died with advanced warfighter...

Pinky_Powers
26th Jun 2010, 08:35
Far Cry died when the mutants showed up. Alternatively, Crysis died when the Aliens showed. The first half of both those games I can replay over and over and over again without ever getting board. But after the weirdness begins, I just want to start up a fresh game. :)

JablesKage
26th Jun 2010, 09:16
i personally thought the mutants in FC where a refreshing change, but your right on crysis the aliens was a damn shame to what was a great game upto that point

KSingh77
26th Jun 2010, 14:59
I was expecting Motoko to show out of no where and start shooting up the place.

Ghost Recon soldier:Hey!Who got your Ghost in the Shell in my Ghost Recon??

Pretentious Old Man.
26th Jun 2010, 17:25
Ghost Recon > GRAW > GR: FS.

I WANT GHOST RECON BACK!

(just like I want Rainbow Six back)