17th Jun 2010, 08:52
These nine steps are one way to do a really high base jump

step 1) Go to the hot air balloon and shot of all four bags

step 2) Buy a helicopter in the black market

step 3) dual hook the helicopter to the cage of the air balloon

step 4) Set a way point in the water near by

step 5) Jump in the helicopter and fly up with the air balloon

step 6) use the way point to see how far up in the air you are

step 7) When ready disable the dual hook and quickly stunt jump out of the helicopter

step 8) Slingshot yourself to the cage and jump in to it

step 9) BASE JUMP!!!!!

If you have any other tips or tricks of doing a really high base jump post it and I will add it to this thread :D

JustCauseForever
17th Jun 2010, 18:18
These nine steps are one way to do a really high base jump...

If you have any other tips or tricks of doing a really high base jump post it and I will add it to this thread :D

I think you're going to get flamed by people claiming you're cheating, and that it's not a BASE jump.
A base jump is one from a bridge, Aerial, Span (Bridge), or Earth (Cliffs, etc), and so I think lots of people will claim your method is not a real BASE jump.::rolleyes:

xX3xKilleRXx
17th Jun 2010, 18:28
I think you're going to get flamed by people claiming you're cheating, and that it's not a BASE jump.
A base jump is one from a bridge, Aerial, Span (Bridge), or Earth (Cliffs, etc), and so I think lots of people will claim your method is not a real BASE jump.::rolleyes:
I bet probably everybody on the top leader board has used this method cause I don´t think there is any other way you can get a 6000 m base jump by just jumping of something that´s attached to the ground

and also you should check out youtube there are tons of videos where they have used the same method

and yeah I know your right but when you actually jump it counts as a base jump

JustCauseStunting
17th Jun 2010, 18:53
I got a 9124 meter on pc. I was testing how high i could go with the thrusters. After a while i got bored, and when i let go, it counted as a base jump :o

patrickownzya
17th Jun 2010, 19:11
I got a 9124 meter on pc. I was testing how high i could go with the thrusters. After a while i got bored, and when i let go, it counted as a base jump :o

So... When you grapple a mountain, deploy the chute and then drop yourself, it will count as a base jump? Weird... :nut:

cazzer
17th Jun 2010, 19:33
Problem is this takes ages to do and is horrifically boring very quickly. :rasp:

JaceMc
17th Jun 2010, 23:26
I've found that mountains are incredibly hard to clear. I always jump from the summit and I end up hitting the wall about halfway down, even on the desert mountain near the bell tower, where it's pretty much almost vertical. If you look down while you're just in the neutral state, and think it's all clear and go to the 'bullet' (or whatever), it feels like you go back about 10 metres.

Apocalyptic Fish
18th Jun 2010, 06:02
I've found that mountains are incredibly hard to clear. I always jump from the summit and I end up hitting the wall about halfway down, even on the desert mountain near the bell tower, where it's pretty much almost vertical. If you look down while you're just in the neutral state, and think it's all clear and go to the 'bullet' (or whatever), it feels like you go back about 10 metres.

Yeah, make me wonder why they made the highest point in the game un-clearable :(

TenmillionDead
20th Jun 2010, 23:54
All you have to do to get a high base jump and get the "i believe i can fly" achievement on the xbox and i guess trophy on the ps3 is go to the top of the mile high club balloons and jump off :D

xX3xKilleRXx
21st Jun 2010, 08:57
All you have to do to get a high base jump and get the "i believe i can fly" achievement on the xbox and i guess trophy on the ps3 is go to the top of the mile high club balloons and jump off :D
Yeah I know :D