PDA

View Full Version : Live Interview from E3 with Karl Stewart

Katie_Fleming
16th Jun 2010, 19:15
Make sure to keep logged into E3's live feed (http://uk.e3.ign.com/2010/live/index.html) to watch an interview with Karl Stewart on GOL.

Sorry, don't know the time yet, but follow him on Twitter (@CrystalDKarl) for updates :)

Katie_Fleming
16th Jun 2010, 20:53
Live now! Go watch!

Danielsun_
16th Jun 2010, 21:11
damn missed the interview...weak :( will it be replayed?

_Love2Raid_
16th Jun 2010, 21:41
Missed it too...thanks anyway. :):thumb:

I have already seen enough of the game to know it´s a day one buy for me.

Katie_Fleming
17th Jun 2010, 13:43
Not sure if they'll replay it - I'm sure they will but don't know the schedule. I posted some stuff on my Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/Katie_Fleming) as the interview was happening, so feel free to check it out.

The main points:

No release date revealed
GOL will feature "challenge tombs" - players can decide to try and unlock them to play or take the easy way and bypass them
If you die, you'll re-spawn next to your partner, provided they're still alive
If you and your partner die you'll re-spawn near where you died, so there isn't a big penalty
Playing co-op has its challenges as well - seeing which person can gather the most points by collecting gems and killing enemies

_Love2Raid_
17th Jun 2010, 18:15
You can watch it here:

width='800' height='448'

All credit goes to Nomedo from TRF.

Jurre
17th Jun 2010, 18:44
Thanks to Nomedo then and thank you for posting it here.

It's incredible how much freshness and creativity eminates from this game. To me it makes te last ones look so clueless and lacklustery, like the 34th sequel to the Land Before Time...

By the way... I was once joking about TrU's array of weapons, saying: "great, but where is the minigun and the flamethrower and the chainsaw?"
The flamethrower is there, and I also saw a minigun here..... could it be that there's also....?"

little miss Ju
17th Jun 2010, 18:52
Wow thanks Love2Raid that has just convinced me to buy this game :P.

Danielsun_
17th Jun 2010, 19:01
most excellent ty :)

lilhanhan
18th Jun 2010, 13:03
The embedded video in this thread kept freezing on me at around the 1:01 mark, although now I've managed to find a version which allows me to watch it all (I wonder why I'm having trouble with the embedded version though? I'm guessing my computer is sick of me watching E3 footage. ^.^; ).

No silly AI in single player, harder tombs for experienced fans and flamethrowers? Well, I'm sold! :D

Hehe, I loved it when one of the guys said "Oh and now the guys are running the wrong way"; I'm guessing two of the players who are currently (or was previously) trying out the game didn't have a clue that their particular run-through was being monitored/recorded! Also was anyone else keeping an eye out for the achievements?

And oh Jessica, with your naff ending joke...

Max 28
19th Jun 2010, 08:46
That was great. A really good look at playing the game, and the co-op and the puzzles. Thanks for getting that posted.

And yep, terrible joke from Jessica. :p