PDA

View Full Version : E3

Talidan
14th Jun 2010, 20:44
Anyone else following it?

I watched the Microsoft Conference earlier and now am waiting to watch EA.

I am disappointed in Kinetic. :\ Only casual games so far. Move is showing to have more potential over a wider base. Plenty of hardcore games that are known about already, as well as casual.

Can't wait to see what EA has to offer.

So far, this is what I'm most excited for. The physics. THE PHYSICSSSS OF SLICINGGGGGGG!
AtM3PGyiQUc

N-lyger
14th Jun 2010, 20:48
Whoa, has it already started?

Talidan
14th Jun 2010, 20:58
Yup. EA conference starts in 2 minutes!

http://www.ea.com/1/e3-live?utm_medium=crys.is-copypaste&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_content=site-basic#ooid=FhOTBoMTrox1Lx98C0GBd8jVv5RWV-UY

Or go to your favorite major gaming site.

N-lyger
14th Jun 2010, 21:15
Lol, Michael jackson is in the chat here: http://www.ustream.tv/e3

Talidan
14th Jun 2010, 23:52
MS and EA conferences were both a little weak. Looking forward to Ubisoft in 8 minutes. Maybe some new info to go in the Assassins Creed thread.

- Child of Eden. New game from the creator of Lumines and Rez. Kinect only though. Think Rez, except you use Kinect to move and do the 'shooting'.

- Pretty nifty gameplay from Brotherhood. Doesn't seem too different from ACII, but should be pretty promising.

Db2nU5cBwD0

- Shaun White: Skateboarding is terrible looking. I mean, coolish concept (obviously ripped from Flower though), but it's just ugly. It looks just above PS2 quality graphics. Hopefully they make it better before release...
zyJuoiRWuXA

The game seems like they smashed Flower and the Skate editor.

- Hrm. Battle Tag...laser tag...but...it just stores the scores and whatnot on a computer? Not too keen on that thing. Why not just get laser tag that doesn't have to connect to a computer?

- Innergy. Not quite a game...just sit and breathe. Wow, Ubisoft...

- Ubisoft's version of Wiifit, but for Kinetic only. Looks pretty cool, but definitely showed off Kinetic's lag in movement reading.

- New Rabids game... now they will be causing mischief all over time. Not a big fan of Rabids, but it looks fun for those who are.

- Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, pretty epic looking. Like really freaking epic. Mashing CoD with Tom Clancy games that have super cool military technology. Cloaking FTW!
uJhGBp2Qi-I

- Ooo. Pretty sweet. New Driver game. A cool shift feature that seems unrealistic as heck, but fun nonetheless. Large city to drive around in. I hope I can shoot things up at least, but they focused mainly on the driving in the conference...
wQp6lMbMHrc

- Some interesting looking game, Project Dust. Reminds me of Black & White. I wonder what exactly it is about.

- Rayman: Orgins. Weird side-scrolling Rayman game.

- Planetmania, a large user-generated content project based on Trackmania. Part of this Planetmania is a newer Trackmania, and later will be Shootmania and Questmania. Shooter and adventure games, I assume.

Talidan
15th Jun 2010, 01:49
Wow.

Nintendo fell on their face pretty hard with trying to demonstrate the new Zelda game.

So far the only good news from Nintendo is a brand new GoldenEye game, Wii exclusive though. Pretty cool, but looks just a tad better than N64 graphics.

Epic Mickey looks great though. I can't express how happy I am to hear Warren Spector's voice.

Kirby is getting his own game once more. Been a while.

Same with Donkey Kong. Both are side-scrolling games for Wii.

New Kid Icarus developed just for the new Nintendo 3DS, which allows 3D viewing without any glasses.

The 3DS will communicate with other 3DS systems while it sleeps...without you ever knowing. Creepy.

For 3DS, a 3D version of Nintendogs, WITH CATS TOO!

Bunch of developers from big companies are hailing the 3DS. Even Hideo Kojima is wanting to bring out a MGS game on it.

Reggie brings out a ton of hot chicks with 3DS' chained to them so they go about the audience for everyone to sample the system.

EPG
15th Jun 2010, 17:46
oh my god! driver is first game played! on plastation 1!!! i lov it!!!!!
new xbox t2!

Talidan
15th Jun 2010, 21:48
I must say, Sony knows how to do a presentation.

For a little while, they talk about Sony TVs and 3D gaming. Cool, I guess, but amazing with the glasses after the 3DS touting no gear whatsoever to view in 3D.

Next big thing they talk about is the Move. First demo is of a nifty magic game called Sorcery. It's really cool to note how accurate the tracking is. A small flick, a not so powerful magic is cast, but act like you're throwing a powerful bolt, and you throw a more powerful attack. The demonstrator finds a potion, picks it up and shakes the Move controller to shake the potion on screen. He puts the controller upside down above his mouth, and the character drinks the potion. Pretttty nifty.

They show off PGA Tour using the Move. Looks fun for a golf game. More accurate and realistic than Wii Sports golf. This demonstrator fails at golf, but the 1:1 tracking is proven. Very accurate swinging.

Heroes on the Move is then introduced. An action platformer featuring Rachet, Jak and Daxter, and Sly Cooper.

One of the best parts of Sony's conference is KEVIN BUTLER.
He comes out and makes some jokes towards Microsoft's Kinect. Then goes on to say how he loves gaming, and ends up making a long, gloriously epic speech about gaming. Whether or not you're a hardcore or casual gamer, we're all true gamers. I felt pride knowing I'm a gamer, all thanks to him.

He ends up leaving and they go back to the usual stuff. They list what already released will support Move. Heavy Rain, Resident Evil 5, and others. Both will be awesome with Move :D

Oh, yeah, Killzone 3 got a lot of time on the screen. It looks freaking fantastic. Also, it will fully support Move.

blah blah blah. PSP has a little black spokesperson now...blah blah blah

Little Big Planet 2 looks AWESOME. They really stepped up what you can create. Not just LBP levels, but GAMES. Shooters, RPGs, racing, whatever. It's very impressive if you're a fan of user-generated stuff. I can't wait to get my hands on it and make some cool stuff.

They talk about the new Playstation Plus service. Like Xbox Live Gold, but instead of not being able to play online without it, you still can. Everything that is on PSN right now will stay the same. All that happens with it is you pay for extra features. Pricing is the same as Xbox Live Gold. You'd get early access to betas and demos, exclusive demos and DLC...I'd do it just to help support the servers so I could get better online play.

EA will be having PS3 exclusive limited edition versions of a couple games. Medal of Honor Limited Edition that will include Medal of Honor Frontlines, remastered in HD. Dead Space 2 Limited Edition will have Dead Space: Extraction (Move version).

Now, here is where things get crazy. The main speaker begins to announce the next guest when it appears as if the TVs and stuff get a little messed up and spaz out. Things go dark. You hear a, for most, familiar voice. GlaDOS.

Portal 2 will be coming to PS3. Gabe Newell comes out and talks about how pleased he is about this and thanks Sony for not punching him in the face.

After a very awesome trailer for Portal 2 is shown, they start a trailer for Final Fantasy XIV, the next FF MMO that will be on PS3.

Then we see some multiplayer stuff for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. They announce that the beta for the multiplayer will be PS3 only.

Then Gran Turismo 5 is shown. Looks amazing, of course. Finally a date has been set. November 2nd.

After that a trailer for InFamous 2. I can't freaking wait for that. It hints at being able to use more than just lightning abilities. The character, who seems like it might be Cole but maybe not, does some sort of frosty thing.

Finally, what really got me going crazy, was a trailer for a game I've been waiting a couple years for. The best, in my opinion, vehicle combat game of all time. Twisted Metal.
After the trailer, they show some super awesome multiplayer gameplay. It looks really cool. The same dark humored, over-the-top action as always. Sweet Tooth is just as insane.

It is my personal opinion that Sony had the best conference of the three big guys. I think the Kinect is pretty cool and I will probably replace my dying 360 for a new one in a Kinect bundle, but Move is a for sure buy for me. I might finally trade in my original DS for the 3DS too.

So, anyone else who has been keeping up with E3, what you think?!

N-lyger
19th Jun 2010, 20:35
I must say, Sony knows how to do a presentation.

For a little while, they talk about Sony TVs and 3D gaming. Cool, I guess, but amazing with the glasses after the 3DS touting no gear whatsoever to view in 3D.

Next big thing they talk about is the Move. First demo is of a nifty magic game called Sorcery. It's really cool to note how accurate the tracking is. A small flick, a not so powerful magic is cast, but act like you're throwing a powerful bolt, and you throw a more powerful attack. The demonstrator finds a potion, picks it up and shakes the Move controller to shake the potion on screen. He puts the controller upside down above his mouth, and the character drinks the potion. Pretttty nifty.

They show off PGA Tour using the Move. Looks fun for a golf game. More accurate and realistic than Wii Sports golf. This demonstrator fails at golf, but the 1:1 tracking is proven. Very accurate swinging.

Heroes on the Move is then introduced. An action platformer featuring Rachet, Jak and Daxter, and Sly Cooper.

One of the best parts of Sony's conference is KEVIN BUTLER.
He comes out and makes some jokes towards Microsoft's Kinect. Then goes on to say how he loves gaming, and ends up making a long, gloriously epic speech about gaming. Whether or not you're a hardcore or casual gamer, we're all true gamers. I felt pride knowing I'm a gamer, all thanks to him.

He ends up leaving and they go back to the usual stuff. They list what already released will support Move. Heavy Rain, Resident Evil 5, and others. Both will be awesome with Move :D

Oh, yeah, Killzone 3 got a lot of time on the screen. It looks freaking fantastic. Also, it will fully support Move.

blah blah blah. PSP has a little black spokesperson now...blah blah blah

Little Big Planet 2 looks AWESOME. They really stepped up what you can create. Not just LBP levels, but GAMES. Shooters, RPGs, racing, whatever. It's very impressive if you're a fan of user-generated stuff. I can't wait to get my hands on it and make some cool stuff.

They talk about the new Playstation Plus service. Like Xbox Live Gold, but instead of not being able to play online without it, you still can. Everything that is on PSN right now will stay the same. All that happens with it is you pay for extra features. Pricing is the same as Xbox Live Gold. You'd get early access to betas and demos, exclusive demos and DLC...I'd do it just to help support the servers so I could get better online play.

EA will be having PS3 exclusive limited edition versions of a couple games. Medal of Honor Limited Edition that will include Medal of Honor Frontlines, remastered in HD. Dead Space 2 Limited Edition will have Dead Space: Extraction (Move version).

Now, here is where things get crazy. The main speaker begins to announce the next guest when it appears as if the TVs and stuff get a little messed up and spaz out. Things go dark. You hear a, for most, familiar voice. GlaDOS.

Portal 2 will be coming to PS3. Gabe Newell comes out and talks about how pleased he is about this and thanks Sony for not punching him in the face.

After a very awesome trailer for Portal 2 is shown, they start a trailer for Final Fantasy XIV, the next FF MMO that will be on PS3.

Then we see some multiplayer stuff for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. They announce that the beta for the multiplayer will be PS3 only.

Then Gran Turismo 5 is shown. Looks amazing, of course. Finally a date has been set. November 2nd.

After that a trailer for InFamous 2. I can't freaking wait for that. It hints at being able to use more than just lightning abilities. The character, who seems like it might be Cole but maybe not, does some sort of frosty thing.

Finally, what really got me going crazy, was a trailer for a game I've been waiting a couple years for. The best, in my opinion, vehicle combat game of all time. Twisted Metal.
After the trailer, they show some super awesome multiplayer gameplay. It looks really cool. The same dark humored, over-the-top action as always. Sweet Tooth is just as insane.

It is my personal opinion that Sony had the best conference of the three big guys. I think the Kinect is pretty cool and I will probably replace my dying 360 for a new one in a Kinect bundle, but Move is a for sure buy for me. I might finally trade in my original DS for the 3DS too.

So, anyone else who has been keeping up with E3, what you think?!

I love you.

Talidan
20th Jun 2010, 17:39
I love you.

Whhhhhyyyy?

TheZooBoy
20th Jun 2010, 21:52
E3 was especially 'EFFIN OWSUM on massively epic proportions this year, and I will add the new Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood information to the thread, giving u full credit of course. :D

N-lyger
21st Jun 2010, 22:31
Whhhhhyyyy?

One word:
NIFTY

Talidan
22nd Jun 2010, 08:17
One word:
NIFTY

I actually had it a few times, but reworded it when I read through it again. I love the word. Something about it is just...nifty :P

N-lyger
22nd Jun 2010, 22:07
Indeed, my friend.

(Let's not get too off-topic.)

Was I the only one mad that they didn't show Saints Row 3?

Talidan
23rd Jun 2010, 07:25
Indeed, my friend.

(Let's not get too off-topic.)

Was I the only one mad that they didn't show Saints Row 3?

I was pretty upset, but some good footage of Red Faction: Armageddon came out of it at least.

Here is some info about SR3 not being at E3

http://www.ripten.com/2010/06/22/saints-row-3-not-at-e3-demi-a/

N-lyger
23rd Jun 2010, 18:41
I was pretty upset, but some good footage of Red Faction: Armageddon came out of it at least.

Here is some info about SR3 not being at E3

http://www.ripten.com/2010/06/22/saints-row-3-not-at-e3-demi-a/

Yeah, Red Faction and SR3 were the games I was most looking forward to. :D

Talidan
23rd Jun 2010, 20:42
Haven't found any more info about Saints Row 3, but here is a bit about the Saints Row movie: http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6265853/thq-confirms-saints-row-film

"Bilson went on to note that the Saints Row game will be accompanied by a collectible card game."

They're really going all out on trying to make bank off of Saints Row, aren't they? A card game? Johnny Gat better be one of the strongest cards.

N-lyger
27th Jun 2010, 01:26
Haha, I probably won't play it. :P

And is 50 Cent gonna be one of the actors?

Rios
27th Jun 2010, 15:42
When I saw that video of Raiden slicing watermelon I was like ok that is BA right there. I cant wait to slice and dice various fruits and vegetables and bad guys too.

N-lyger
28th Jun 2010, 00:45
When I saw that video of Raiden slicing watermelon I was like ok that is BA right there. I cant wait to slice and dice various fruits and vegetables and bad guys too.

Haha, I know! That game looks awesome just from the slicing!