PDA

View Full Version : Official DEV BLOG/TWITTER & FACEBOOK Thread - DX:HR wins best trailer @ IG Awards!

Pages : [1] 2

nexusdx
14th Jun 2010, 17:01
http://deusex.com/blog

http://twitter.com/eidosmontreal

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=13382638259&ref=ts

Ilves
14th Jun 2010, 17:04
Well, I'll be!

Fluffis
14th Jun 2010, 17:09
Yiehaw! Hot damn! Here we go! :D

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th Jun 2010, 17:11
:eek:

At last!!!!

EDIT: So, it's part of the E3 promo. Awesome!

Jun 14
Community Manager Mission
Posted by Rene Valen // Eidos Montreal

Hello Deus Ex fans! Since you’ve found your way here, you now know that Deus Ex: Human Revolution is currently in development at Eidos Montréal (if you didn’t already)! Please give me a few moments of your time to talk about the plans for this space in 2010 and beyond.

First of all, yes this is a Deus Ex: Human Revolution blog it’s also an Eidos Montréal blog. The kinds of content and the updates you see here will of course be largely based around Deus Ex: Human Revolution but also around Eidos Montréal as a studio. We want to give you a peek into how we work and what we do on a weekly basis so you’ll see posts from Halloween costumes to game updates direct from the dev team.

To get started, check out the new posts throughout E3 and spend some time in the forums. I can’t promise daily updates but as everyone on the forum for the past few months knows, I’m always around and willing to answer your questions if you PM me. We’ll be periodically adding new features to the site so check back for those, but for now, welcome!

Sabretooth1
14th Jun 2010, 17:16
****, now I need to pick up all the pieces of my brain on the floor.

Ashpolt
14th Jun 2010, 17:32
Come on guys, April 1st was over 2 months ago.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th Jun 2010, 17:41
I'm sure this is a conspiracy... :hmm:

68_pie
14th Jun 2010, 17:45
soooooo... is this the devblog or just an official blog/marketing tool?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th Jun 2010, 17:49
soooooo... is this the devblog or just an official blog/marketing tool?

Rene's intro explains. It's the Deus Ex: Human Revolution blog it’s also an Eidos Montréal blog.

68_pie
14th Jun 2010, 17:54
... i'm still confused. oh well.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th Jun 2010, 17:55
... i'm still confused. oh well.

You're probably just in a state of shock and disbelief. :D

K^2
14th Jun 2010, 18:16
And it hasn't even been the proverbial 3 years. More like 2, right?

Jerion
14th Jun 2010, 18:18
And it hasn't even been the proverbial 3 years. More like 2, right?

Hey, yeah. Is this the beginning of a solid expectation of "EM Time"?

Irate_Iguana
14th Jun 2010, 18:37
What is it with those age checks on websites?

K^2
14th Jun 2010, 18:42
I like age checks. If you are too dumb to lie about your age, you shouldn't be playing a mature game.

Irate_Iguana
14th Jun 2010, 18:52
I like age checks. If you are too dumb to lie about your age, you shouldn't be playing a mature game.

How many people fill in 1909 as their birth year? I'd pay to see the look on the marketing dude's face when he see that his audience are all centenarians.

K^2
14th Jun 2010, 19:08
By far biggest statistical curiosity will be the number of people born on January 1st.

K.Karisma
14th Jun 2010, 19:18
It is quite annoying, is it actually to stop younger people coming on? Because I don't see much mature content.

René
14th Jun 2010, 19:31
http://deusex.com/blog

Um yeah! I had planned to have a couple of additional blog posts today but (for reasons I won't go into) I can't update the site! D'oh! Oh well, check back again tomorrow!!

IH-Denton
14th Jun 2010, 19:31
This blog (http://deusex-humanrevolution.blogspot.com/) seems more informative to me. for now. But it is good to see, our devs keep their promise. And I would like to RSS it... when it will be possible technically

René
14th Jun 2010, 19:32

I completely agree. Unfortunately, these age gate checks are a mandatory requirement from ratings boards like the ESRB and PEGI. So even if they're easily bypassed, it's a requirement and failure to comply can result in fines. Dumb, I know. But c'est la vie.

hem dazon 90
14th Jun 2010, 19:35
Its a sign of the end times!

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/8338/original/basement-vs-ceiling.jpg

Dead-Eye
14th Jun 2010, 20:31
Well, it sure beats the website that only had a trailer. Although it would be nice to have a check box option to skip the age verification on the next visit by way of cookie or something.

Hertzila
14th Jun 2010, 21:02
No RSS feed?

Hiver
14th Jun 2010, 22:17
Great.
way to go. :)

Looks pretty good too.

IOOI
14th Jun 2010, 23:56
Repent you fools!!! :naughty:

hem dazon 90
15th Jun 2010, 01:45
Repent you fools!!! :naughty:

If you don't Basement cat will eat you!

Senka
15th Jun 2010, 02:03
Interesting find!

rokstrombo
15th Jun 2010, 07:08

The Leisure Suit Larry system is also a good system... riddle me this:

Do girls really have cooties?
a. Yes.
b. No.
c. Some do, some don't.
d. Maybe.

René
15th Jun 2010, 18:35
Hi all,

So we've ironed out a couple of minor bugs and I can now post regularly. Check out the blog, probably once a day during E3, since I'll be updating it. There are still some outstanding bugs (I want to share the mp3 of the CGI trailer with you) that we need to address so the IT team is looking into them.

But anyway, www.deusex.com!

No RSS feed?

This is coming. What's up now is a "Phase 1" just in time for E3.

Although it would be nice to have a check box option to skip the age verification on the next visit by way of cookie or something.

We asked about that but we were told it's another ESRB/PEGI thing that's a requirement for each and every visit. Annoying I know, but we can't get around it.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
15th Jun 2010, 18:56
It has begun!!
Thanks Rene! :thumb:

PS. Those key cards look nothing short of AWESOME!! :cool:
Adam's is obviously the best one, of course.

Hiver
15th Jun 2010, 19:01
Hopefully well get something more of value then snazzy E3 rooms and cards and shiny bits.

Screenshot of a dialogue would be nice. Clarifications of augs and so on.
Maybe even get some devs to post a few words there or ... god forbid... on their own forums.

Algarys
15th Jun 2010, 19:18
OMG they have recreated Adam's apartement, it looks so great ! I hope there will be other photos *.*

Lady_Of_The_Vine
15th Jun 2010, 19:22
^
Yeah, I have to admit the idea and recreated room is pure class!! :cool:

IH-Denton
15th Jun 2010, 20:06
Good to hear. But what does "closed doors" mean? :eek:

Malah
15th Jun 2010, 20:10
Good to hear. But what does "closed doors" mean? :eek:

That you won't get to see any ingame footage until next year.

IH-Denton
15th Jun 2010, 20:23
Brilliant. I was waiting 3.5 years exactly to hear about "closed doors" on E3...
Hope there will be something... or anything...

Kodaemon
15th Jun 2010, 20:27
So much for 2 year development period, eh?

Badmaker
15th Jun 2010, 20:34
Whats the point of room exact design if fans doesnt get to see even 1 minute of ingame demo ?

Malah
15th Jun 2010, 20:35
Us mere mortals would draw the wrong conclusions from unedited and undoctored footage, we need marketing people like René to spoon feed us video interviews and carefully selected snippets of information.

Also, if in game footage is withheld until veeeery close to release it practically guarantees free press.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
15th Jun 2010, 20:37
To be fair, we don't really know what we will and won't be getting at this point. Dev blog encourages to come to this forum and check updates... so perhaps there are surprises in store yet.

Malah
15th Jun 2010, 20:40
To be fair, we don't really know what we will and won't be getting at this point. Dev blog encourages to come to this forum and check updates... so perhaps there are surprises in store yet.

Uhuh, and I might yet become an outstanding member of this here community.
I wish I could live in a world where everything is possible. :thumb:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
15th Jun 2010, 20:42
Good for you. I wish you the best of luck. :)

Spartalk
15th Jun 2010, 20:54
DONT YOU GUYS GET IT!!! Within the next 2 days we will get gameplay snippets on the blog site, as well as more shots!!!!!!! Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

KSingh77
15th Jun 2010, 20:57
I doubt it

Malah
15th Jun 2010, 20:59
http://i47.tinypic.com/2hchoyc.jpg

Kodaemon
15th Jun 2010, 21:04
DONT YOU GUYS GET IT!!! Within the next 2 days we will get gameplay snippets on the blog site, as well as more shots!!!!!!! Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Sure, and the E3 presentation is only behind closed doors so most of the people at E3 don't see the game before us loyal fans on teh internets.

IH-Denton
15th Jun 2010, 21:04

No we dont. Kind Rene was as much laconic as possible on the blog. :D I get only words: "closed doors"

Ashpolt
15th Jun 2010, 21:08
Hehe, I like the recreation of Adam's apartment, especially the baseball bat next to the TV to stop anyone stealing the demo disc! Is it just me or is the apartment mirrored from the concept art / screenshot though? Pretty sure the TV was on the other wall, with the sofa facing the other way...

Malah
15th Jun 2010, 21:09
I know who we need!

http://i46.tinypic.com/2rcu68p.jpg

Spartalk
15th Jun 2010, 21:11
I know who we need!

http://i46.tinypic.com/2rcu68p.jpg

ahahahahha:lol:

ArcR
15th Jun 2010, 21:13
Hehe, yep. Wait for early June (magazines) and E3!!
-Rene

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1399391&postcount=15

The Square Enix team did an amazing job recreating Adam Jensen's apartment at E3. This is the room in which Deus Ex: Human Revolution is being shown behind closed doors. Very cool!
-Rene

Explain...

ZakKa89
15th Jun 2010, 21:14
now somebody please secretly film the gameplay! PLEASE.

The fact thaat it's behind closed doors worries me so much...

Pinky_Powers
15th Jun 2010, 21:19

This is very weird and ugly news.

Anyway, the Portal 2 footage was AWESOME! And good ol' Gabe N showed up after all. The cun7! :D

Malah
15th Jun 2010, 21:22

This is the last game journalist who broke a SquareEnix NDA

http://i47.tinypic.com/p58hc.jpg

ZakKa89
15th Jun 2010, 21:25
This is very weird and ugly news.

Anyway, the Portal 2 footage was AWESOME! And good ol' Gabe N showed up after all. The cun7! :D

portal 2 looked incredible. But I really wanted and expected more from valve. *sight*

Irate_Iguana
15th Jun 2010, 21:26
I wish I could live in a world where everything is possible. :thumb:

For some odd reason I found this way more funny than it should have been.

Oh, come on. How can you get tired of reading the exact same preview on a hundred different sites? Don't you want to be told by professional game journalists how this game is like totally the best ever? Do you question them when they tell you that everything is sunshine and puppies? Look, the EM marketing department knows what is best for you. They don't want to get you over excited. Stress kills, you know. You can see the game soon™.

ArcR
15th Jun 2010, 21:29
Great sig line Iguana. :thumb:

Kodaemon
15th Jun 2010, 21:32
Now that you mention it, it is interesting how all journalists allowed to see the game supposedly walked in as sceptics but came out superenthusiastic. Similar experience to all. As if they were told exactly what to write.

Hiver
15th Jun 2010, 21:36
Im pretty sure there will be some gameplay footage at E3 and that we will get to see it sooner then it comes onto the blog anyway.
:whistle:

Spartalk
15th Jun 2010, 21:38
Im pretty sure there will be some gameplay footage at E3 and that we will get to see it sooner then it comes onto the blog anyway.
:whistle:

alrite i give up ony geussing... but possibly another cinematic?

Pinky_Powers
15th Jun 2010, 21:44
Now that you mention it, it is interesting how all journalists allowed to see the game supposedly walked in as sceptics but came out superenthusiastic. Similar experience to all. As if they were told exactly what to write.

Or maybe they all had a reason to be skeptical and somehow shared an experience together? :eek:

And honestly, they weren't all at the same level of enthusiasm. IGN in particular sounded rather low-key, though it was still a generally positive review.

Hiver
15th Jun 2010, 21:49
I dont know but everything that press sees ends up on tube immediately or on some site anyway.
Basically they have to show some gameplay. Marketing dictates so.

The trailer and screenshots and concept art was warming up for E3. they cant show the same stuff there. It would be ridiculous from any standpoint.

FrankCSIS
15th Jun 2010, 22:00
Now that you mention it, it is interesting how all journalists allowed to see the game supposedly walked in as sceptics but came out superenthusiastic.

Reminds me of those cheap reviews that always start with "I'm not usually a fan of xxxxxx but this time"

In the meantime, still waiting on new material.

Idle.

Idle.

Idle.

Irate_Iguana
15th Jun 2010, 22:02
Idle.

Idle.

Idle.

If you idle you don't get the hat from Valve.

jtr7
15th Jun 2010, 22:44
The "closed-doors" just tell us it's exclusive and private and controlled. Some lucky insiders get a peek at things even other E3 attendees won't get to see--at least not casually. Nothing unusual.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
15th Jun 2010, 22:45
Yeah. Heck I'm jealous... :mad:

jtr7
15th Jun 2010, 22:49
Tell me about it.

René, will this blog eventually include individual employee's entries about development, or will it be like a themed company Twitter account with more characters of text available?

puzl
15th Jun 2010, 22:57
Spend millions on a trailer.
Allow us to pre-order.
Pimp out the entrance to E3 with huge posters and videos of DX:HR.
Spend even more money on recreating a room to look like an in-game apartment.
Show the public NOTHING of the gameplay.

Epic fail.

KSingh77
15th Jun 2010, 23:06
Indeed

Can I have one of those banners pleeease?

jtr7
15th Jun 2010, 23:09
E3's not over.

Angel-A
16th Jun 2010, 00:31

It made me die a little on the inside.

Anasumtj
16th Jun 2010, 00:50
The "closed-doors" just tell us it's exclusive and private and controlled. Some lucky insiders get a peek at things even other E3 attendees won't get to see--at least not casually. Nothing unusual.

It may be normal, but I don't think it's a particularly brilliant strategy. It's tolerable with other games, I guess. But in cases where an IP has a longstanding, passionate fanbase ala DX or Fallout, we'd really appreciate a bone thrown to us. They've tried to assuage fans' fears of the direction they're taking the series (if only in the shallowest of manners). A little gameplay footage would have certainly helped, assuming they have a real confidence in their product.

Instead, it felt like the event was all about the trailer. It was nice and all, but no matter how pretty it looked or technically impressive it was, it is fluff and I can't get sold on that. Releasing only your CGI trailer for your next big game is a practice I'd like the industry to drop altogether tbh.

TheYouthCounselor
16th Jun 2010, 03:31
I know that limited information generates hype through word of mouth, but come on! This is just teasing and not delivering.

More pictures and better pictures would generate more buzz for this booth as would GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE.

Kodaemon
16th Jun 2010, 04:36
fans: "When can we see gameplay videos?"

marketing: "YOU'LL NEVAH FIND 'EM!"

fans: "We'll never stop looking."

marketing: "WE'll TAKE YOU TO HELL!"

mr_cyberpunk
16th Jun 2010, 05:00

fans: "LOOK BEHIND YOU A THREE HEADED MONKEY"

Three Headed Monkey: http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/cmprince/games/monkey_island/chars/monkey.gif

ShadowXOR
16th Jun 2010, 05:13
fans: "when can we see gameplay videos?"

marketing: "you'll nevah find 'em!"

fans: "we'll never stop looking."

marketing: "we'll take you to hell!"

rofl!

Irate_Iguana
16th Jun 2010, 06:37

Nice one.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
16th Jun 2010, 07:14
Too funny! :D

KSingh77
16th Jun 2010, 16:52
*Breaking news,the riots continue in the streets of Montreal,protesters rally outside Eidos Studios,one of the world's leading controversy game Deus Ex.*

Laokin
17th Jun 2010, 01:08

You know there is a much easier explanation which is more rational than the EM paid off each and every journalist.

Maybe, JUST MAYBE -- It really dose ooze quality? I'm fairly confident it's going to be received about as well as Mass Effect. Quality bar is pretty similar, only it's not on UE (like all DX games, sigh) it's on TR:U, so it's bound to not look as impressive as ME, but what I seen so far impresses so, it looks like a tight package.

Jerion
17th Jun 2010, 01:14
You know there is a much easier explanation which is more rational than the EM paid off each and every journalist.

Maybe, JUST MAYBE -- It really dose ooze quality? I'm fairly confident it's going to be received about as well as Mass Effect. Quality bar is pretty similar, only it's not on UE (like all DX games, sigh) it's on TR:U, so it's bound to not look as impressive as ME, but what I seen so far impresses so, it looks like a tight package.

You're telling this to a gaming forum? Where bad reviews are considered true and good reviews are considered bought and paid for? Good luck mate.

I wouldn't worry about quality visuals. The baseline console graphics look pretty good, and PC can only go up from there.

mr_cyberpunk
17th Jun 2010, 01:37
The baseline console graphics look pretty good, and PC can only go up from there

This was said about Invisible War once.. turned out to be totally the opposite.

xaduha
17th Jun 2010, 16:48
:\
SQL injection hole (http://www.deusex.com/blog?start=hello)

KSingh77
17th Jun 2010, 21:50
Wow!Can't believe I'm at E3!

First place I'll visit is Eidos,hopfully they have gameplay!

*Walks over to EM booth.*

Me:Wow,a recreation of Adams apartment,cool.:cool:

EM:Yep

Me:Sooo,wheres the gameplay?I heard you showed a behind closed door demo one time,but since its E3 I assume you're about to show some on that big flat screen TV.

EM:No.....f*** off........

Me:but.....

EM:Back the f*** off

EM:*Cuddles on Adam's soft chair.*

Me:.........................

Remington
17th Jun 2010, 22:16
FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Good find!

steelle
17th Jun 2010, 22:52

What does this mean exactly?

Delever
18th Jun 2010, 01:06

Nah, it escapes characters. But provided info might be useful for further attempts :)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
19th Jun 2010, 22:29
The blog has been updated.

Jun 18
Summary of Recent Articles
Posted by Rene Valen // Eidos Montreal

With E3 coming to a close, here is a small sample of some of the coverage that DXHR recieved. This is a pretty small list, but it does a good job of summarizing the reviews out there!

http://www.deusex.com/blog/summary-of-recent-articles

PC Gamer's "Week of Deus Ex"
Eurogamer's "Fan Service"
Eurogamer's interview with our Game Director
IGN PC's review of the gameplay demo
G4TV's review of the gameplay demo
ScrawlFX's review of the gameplay demo
NowGamer's "20 Minutes of DXHR Totally Blew my Mind"
IGN's Review of the CGI Trailer
Gaming Daily's analysis of the CGI and the possible inspirations for DXHR

ZakKa89
19th Jun 2010, 22:43
Last time I had one of the best dreams ever (seriously). I was at Eidos Montreal and was shown gameplay footage. It was so beautiful. I was also promised an early copy.

Too bad it ended up in a zombie-apocalypse and we had to head to the roof to escape with a helicopter : /

FrankCSIS
19th Jun 2010, 22:54
Too bad it ended up in a zombie-apocalypse and we had to head to the roof to escape with a helicopter

Why do so many of my dreams suddenly turn into something like this? Man I was stuck in such a complicated nightmare the other night.

But yeah, at least they're getting the coverage the probably hoped for. I'm being a whiny bi!ch and refuse to read any reports from now on until footage is out, but good for them on the press job.

Sabretooth1
20th Jun 2010, 03:24
Too bad it ended up in a zombie-apocalypse and we had to head to the roof to escape with a helicopter : /

I bet they took you to Seattle and embroil you in an absolute cluster**** of a conspiracy.

Pinky_Powers
20th Jun 2010, 03:33
I bet they took you to Seattle and embroil you in an absolute cluster**** of a conspiracy.

That's exactly what I was thinking. He's dream sounded a lot like the Invisible War trailer.

KSingh77
21st Jun 2010, 18:09
Anyone checked out the leaked gameplay yet?

Seems Eidos was ticked off and decided to hunt down the leaked vids.

Video recorder:I finally have gameplay footage!

Eidos:Why you....!We'll take you to hell!

Video recorder:What?!No!Pleease......!!!!!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
25th Jun 2010, 23:04
Latest update:

Vote for DXHR!
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is nominated at the following web sites. Cast your vote!

Voodoo Extreme: Best First Person PC Action Game Of E3 2010
Voodoo Extreme: Best PC Trailer Of E3 2010
Voodoo Extreme: Best Overall PC Game Of E3 2010
Gamespot: Top 10 Most Nominated Games of E3 2010

Click on link below to access vote links:
http://deusex.com/blog/vote-for-dxhr

Fluffis
26th Jun 2010, 00:13
Latest update:

Click on link below to access vote links:
http://deusex.com/blog/vote-for-dxhr

How can anyone not vote for Monkey Island 2 in the Reader's Choice Awards?

nathanj
26th Jun 2010, 01:37
do you guys swear alot in the blog or post nudie pics or something?

Bono
27th Jun 2010, 14:34
The blog is terribly informative! So much info about the development!

Kvltism
27th Jun 2010, 14:40
The blog is terribly informative! So much info about the development!
Not very surprising at all. EM will take their sweet time on this, to ensure that they have a carefully-crafted response for just about every query and grievance they can foresee.

jtr7
27th Jun 2010, 15:04
Oh god. In all seriousness, I'm sure they have even less desire to share anything but the final product. It's all been taken to Hell!

KSingh77
27th Jun 2010, 15:22
Yep

It's all been taken to Dante's inferno.

Pinky_Powers
27th Jun 2010, 15:39
Yep

It's all been taken to Dante's inferno.

That's not very gracious of ya! A guy invites you to his BBQ, and all he gets in return are insults!

KSingh77
27th Jun 2010, 15:44
Do they have BBQ in hell?

Fluffis
27th Jun 2010, 15:53
Do they have BBQ in hell?

Yup, but they're out of hot dogs, the coleslaw has pineapple in it and there's German potato salad.

IOOI
28th Jun 2010, 23:48
vote for dxhr!
[...]
voodoo extreme: Best first person pc action game of e3 2010

Hypocrisy!!!

jtr7
29th Jun 2010, 00:18
Hypocrisy? Irony, sure, but...hypocrisy? :p

IOOI
29th Jun 2010, 00:23
Hypocrisy? Irony, sure, but...hypocrisy? :p

100%

They are claming it's a FPS when it is not. ;)

pringlepower
29th Jun 2010, 00:41
100%

Oh sorry, award for Best First Person Action Game (That Switches Into Contextual Third-Person for Cover and Conversations and Takedown and Cutscenes) goes to DE:HR because no other game was entered in that category!

jtr7
29th Jun 2010, 00:43
100%

I thought so. That's not what "hypocrisy" means.

IOOI
29th Jun 2010, 07:24
I thought so. That's not what "hypocrisy" means.

From wikipedia (I could've put my dictionary's definition but I went for copy/pasta :p):

Hypocrisy is the act of persistently professing beliefs, opinions, virtues, feelings, qualities, or standards that are inconsistent with one's actions. Hypocrisy is thus a kind of lie.

They are claiming that this a FPS but most of the shooting I've seen so far is in TP, therefor this is not a First Person Shooter and they are hypocrites. :p

pringlepower
29th Jun 2010, 07:40
From wikipedia (I could've put my dictionary's definition but I went for copy/pasta :p):

They are claiming that this a FPS but most of the shooting I've seen so far is in TP, therefor this is not a First Person Shooter and they are hypocrites. :p

No that's just called lying. Hypocrisy would be telling the world that people should make less games with cover because cover games suck, and then making a game with cover.

IOOI
29th Jun 2010, 07:59
No that's just called lying. Hypocrisy would be telling the world that people should make less games with cover because cover games suck, and then making a game with cover.

Ok, now I get it. Thanks. :o

Now, between being a liar or an hypocrite, what's worse?

pringlepower
29th Jun 2010, 08:08
Ok, now I get it. Thanks. :o

Now, between being a liar or an hypocrite, what's worse?

Well the game is primarily first-person <insert blah blah blah no it's not debate>, and again they simply don't have a category for Best First Person for Exploration. Shooting, Changing to Third Person for Cover, Conversations, and Takedowns Action, RPG, Stealth, Shooter Game.

Or you could enter DXHR into the FPS, TPS, and RPG categories but that wouldn't be fair to the other games now would it

Sotsiak
29th Jun 2010, 09:50
Hypocrite is worse because he/she says lies in order to achieve something and become something that he/she is not.

Telling a lie once in a while is far better as it may benefit both you and the one who recieves the lie.

JablesKage
29th Jun 2010, 10:02
playtest in Montreal???? that sux ass!

VectorM
29th Jun 2010, 10:20

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc326/dgiharris/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

That would be like me saying "Wait, most of the action I have seen in Deus Ex was sneaking, therefore this is not an RPG and you people are hypocrites".

Corpus
29th Jun 2010, 15:18

You are basing all this off a few screenshots and one leaked gameplay video that is pre-alpha.
Third person cover =/= the entire play style nor one form of combat.

Laokin
29th Jun 2010, 20:35
You are basing all this off a few screenshots and one leaked gameplay video that is pre-alpha.
Third person cover =/= the entire play style nor one form of combat.

No offense, but name one game that allows you to shoot from behind cover, that doesn't take place in cover 90% of the game. The only way it won't be, is if the player playing artificially increases difficulty because he refuses to use the system.

Half walls everywhere, you will be in cover most of the combat. The only time you aren't is when you are walking out in the open -- even which there is still things for cover around.

It's a 3rd person shooter with 1st person exploration -- which is silly and stupid. Every action you do takes the game to third person besides jumping and walking. (Climbing ladders, using augmentations, conversations, using cover, Take downs and Melee Combat)

What other actions are there really????

Don't be delusional.

R6 Vegas was the same way. And we have already been told to expect it to be like R6 Vegas. You people keep defending against the things that WE ALREADY KNOW, by saying that we don't know.

Confirmed by Dugas.

AT this point I don't even understand what the point is in having first person in there at all. They made a 3rd person game, at this point -- I wish it was completely third person, since they insist on having it, and I really am not looking forward to the in out in out in out in out of perspective. Who at all EVER thought this was a good idea? The only way it's good is if it's done like Halo. Fp 99.9% Tp .1%. Vehicle Driving, and using the minigun -- and now in Reach the melee take downs, but at least it looks good there and not jarring or lame or cheap feeling in anyway.

DX:HR is almost as bad as Redfaction 1 compared to Guerrilla. Cept they made the entire switch instead of ***** footing around. Vegas sucked too. The third person ruined it. Why is it that people insist that you can't have a cover system in First person??????

PenguinsFriend
29th Jun 2010, 20:50
It's a 3rd person shooter with 1st person exploration

That's false, it's first person exploration and shooting with some third person elements like certain augs, takedowns, and cutscenes.

IOOI
29th Jun 2010, 21:25
Well the game is primarily first-person <insert blah blah blah no it's not debate>, and again they simply don't have a category for Best First Person for Exploration. Shooting, Changing to Third Person for Cover, Conversations, and Takedowns Action, RPG, Stealth, Shooter Game.

Or you could enter DXHR into the FPS, TPS, and RPG categories but that wouldn't be fair to the other games now would it

Since they're claiming it's an FPS there should be some new categories like "Wanna be FPS" and "Pseudo-FPS". :p

Laokin
29th Jun 2010, 21:31
That's false, it's first person exploration and shooting with some third person elements like certain augs, takedowns, and cutscenes.

No it's not. Melee is third person, Shootouts consist of strategically using cover, which switched you to 3rd person. Sure you CAN shoot in first person -- just like vegas, but if you didn't use the cover system you cripple yourself.

Most active augs seem to be third person, with the exception of superficial ones like jumping higher. Conversations are third person(except when convo fighting -- which is going to be vs select NPC's only), combat is third person, sneaking is third person, climbing ladders is third person, using active augmentations are third person.

I say again, it's a third person shooter with first person exploration. The only time you are in first person -- is indeed when you are exploring or there happens to be no cover close to you, in which you will just sprint to the cover and prompt the third person.

There is easily hands down more Third person than First in the action areas.

It's not "False" for it to be false you would have had to prove that I was wrong. You didn't. We were told to compare it to R6 Vegas by Dugas. We have SEEN the in game footage, what other confirmation do you need?

Anything you do besides walking running and jumping switched to third person. If it was primarily a first person game, only a small % of actions would switch your perspective. Right about now we are looking at a good 80/20 split 80TP/20FP.

Prove me wrong by naming the actions that stay in first person, vs the actions that throw you out. Sure, you could theoretically avoid the ladders and artificially make the game harder and not use the TP augs and cover system, but then -- you are severely stripping your options and not playing the game as intended. This is the only way to get the First Person Experience.

Challenge -- Prove me wrong, be clever and use intelligence. Don't just blindly state "False." Oh and bud, I been here longer than you, on the fence off the fence on the fence again, I know just about everything that was ever released about this game and am aware of the statements made by EM. Maybe you need to borrow a pair of reality tinted glasses or something.

Since they're claiming it's an FPS there should be some new categories like "Pseudo-FPS". :p

QFT

Fluffis
29th Jun 2010, 21:44
That would be like me saying "Wait, most of the action I have seen in Deus Ex was sneaking, therefore this is not an RPG and you people are hypocrites".

No, it wouldn't. Sneaking has been a part of RPG:s since the first time a thief/rogue made its appearance.

Laokin
29th Jun 2010, 21:48

What makes it hypocrisy is the statement that "3rd person is optional." And then have them go in and further create a more non optional approach. They become hypocrites by saying we designed it this way, and then it being the exact opposite. Hypocrisy IS lying, but it's the nature of the lie.

If i say I ran to the store and I never did, this is a conventional lie. If I say I would never go to the store, and then I did -- it becomes hypocrisy. This is exactly what EM did. You looked up the definition of the word and still didn't understand the meaning. :confused:

Eabin
29th Jun 2010, 22:06
hypocrisy: em says: third person shooters are sooo last year. and then they make a third person shooter.
lying: em says: dx3 will be a first person shooter. and then they make a third person shooter.

subtle, but there is a difference. you cannot be a hypocrite by falsely describing your own actions. only by stating that some kind of behavior is wrong and then doing it anyway.

jtr7
29th Jun 2010, 22:29
Yep. What Eabin said is closer to the truth.

pringlepower
29th Jun 2010, 23:36
No, it wouldn't. Sneaking has been a part of RPG:s since the first time a thief/rogue made its appearance.

Thief's not an RPG. It's a sneaky game.

Fluffis
30th Jun 2010, 02:34

A thief or rogue. It's not like Looking Glass invented the occupation. :lol:

pringlepower
30th Jun 2010, 03:13
A thief or rogue. It's not like Looking Glass invented the occupation. :lol:

Let's just be happy that actual thieves don't have access to magic vine arrows

Fluffis
30th Jun 2010, 03:16
Let's just be happy that actual thieves don't have access to magic vine arrows

If I ever met a thief who did, I'd probably give him a round of applause then give him a leg up. :D

KSingh77
30th Jun 2010, 17:52
Yep

A leg up along with an uppercup for pickpocketing my bag of gold.

Kodaemon
30th Jun 2010, 18:25

What makes this funny is that Thief was marketed as an innovative action-RPG, since the stealth game genre was not defined yet.

Fluffis
1st Jul 2010, 03:40
What makes this funny is that Thief was marketed as an innovative action-RPG, since the stealth game genre was not defined yet.

Well, yeah... Thief was the game that defined the genre. :)

Kodaemon
1st Jul 2010, 05:26
It takes more than one game to do that. But yeah, Thief, MGS and Tenchu all got released around the same time. Those were the times...

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th Sep 2010, 20:37
Thanks to Kyle, our new CM, we have an update:

Coming soon: Tokyo Game Show trailer
Posted by Kyle Stallock

New Deus Ex: Human Revolution trailer for Tokyo Game Show.

Test. Test. Is this on?
The new community manager's been given the keys to the caddy. Time to drop the top and go cruisin'.
There's a lot of pressure creating the first blog/news post in a month. Do I make the entry short and sweet, say what I need to say, and get out before I babble? Or do I stick around, spin a few yarns about who I am, the videogame industry, and what it’s like living in Montreal not knowing how to speak a lick of French? For now, I'll go with the former option.
The Tokyo Game Show begins on September 16, and ends on the 19th. To celebrate the event, we've put together a newish trailer composed of footage new and old, complete with a completely new voicover from a plethora of characters. I'd explain more, but I don't want to spoil anything. Check back here on the 17th for the video. Until then, enjoy the new image of Federova (the one where she's licking her lips) located in the media section of this site.
See you soon.

Fedorova:

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z433/Forum_Moderator/DEUS%20EX/fedorova.jpg

Coyotegrey
14th Sep 2010, 20:44
Sorry for how long it's taken to do this. I'll be posting more often on there from here on out.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th Sep 2010, 21:14
Sorry for how long it's taken to do this. I'll be posting more often on there from here on out.

No need to apologise, you needed time to settle into your new role.
Besides, after this update we all really love and adore you. :D Looking forward to seeing more. :thumb:

Pinky_Powers
14th Sep 2010, 21:20

All will be forgiven if you ship me the DX shirt Mary was wearing at PAX. Not one like it, I want her shirt. It's a personal matter... a textile fetish... nothing more. But it must be her's, or you'll never be forgiven; by me or the gods!

Irate_Iguana
14th Sep 2010, 22:40
Fedorova

She's not going to live long enough to speak her first line in my game.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th Sep 2010, 22:45
She's not going to live long enough to speak her first line in my game.

This sounds like some sort of panic-reflex. :D

Irate_Iguana
14th Sep 2010, 22:48
This sounds like some sort of panic-reflex. :D

The screenshot screams "douchebag" to me. I don't get to kill people like that in real life. The game world is fortunately a lot more flexible in that regard.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th Sep 2010, 22:49
Of course. :)

TrickyVein
14th Sep 2010, 22:52
Oooh...I see that ban-hammer coming down on this one.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th Sep 2010, 22:54
Oooh...I see that ban-hammer coming down on this one.
Really? Why so? Believe me, it's your panic-reflex kicking in (again). :D

TrickyVein
14th Sep 2010, 23:00
Why? Methinks some individuals are being a little too free in their language and disregarding how others on the forum may be affected by reading their mean, mean words. But it aint no job of mine. :whistle:

I think she's got beautiful skin-tone myself.

Pinky_Powers
14th Sep 2010, 23:02
Who are we banning, and why? STFU TrickyVein, you're scaring the kiddies... and me too. :(

TrickyVein
14th Sep 2010, 23:03
Who's "we?"

Huh? You tell me what's going on.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th Sep 2010, 23:05
Why? Methinks some individuals are being a little too free in their language and disregarding how others on the forum may be affected by reading their mean, mean words. But it aint no job of mine. :whistle:

We have a 'report' button for anyone who feels affected by reading mean, mean words. So worry not.

Pinky_Powers
14th Sep 2010, 23:09
Who's "we?"

Where's your community spirit, you mutant artery?!

TrickyVein
14th Sep 2010, 23:15
Just replying to a single one your posts, Pinky, drains me of whatever community-spirit I may have had.

And I prefer the term "morphologically-evolved."

Jerion
15th Sep 2010, 00:29
Oh hey, Pinky's getting banlust again.

Don't worry about it. Too much.

Pinky_Powers
15th Sep 2010, 01:20
Oh hey, Pinky's getting banlust again.

It seems I'm never far from falling off the wagon.

Bradrakh
16th Sep 2010, 03:43
Ohhh...new cinematic trailer video on the 17th? That may as well be the best birthday gift ever. :D

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th Oct 2010, 14:39
Latest Twitter updates:

# famitsu 『Deus Ex』ついにわかった! 最新デモプレイで多彩な攻略法が判明 http://bit.ly/bdn7XR about 8 hours ago via famibot Retweeted by eidosmontreal and 2 others

All in Japanese. Can anyone translate?

# Jonatchoo DX:HR design team on the very first week. The entire team! http://yfrog.com/n68cgej about 11 hours ago via TweetDeck Retweeted by eidosmontreal and 2 others

Very early photograph! :cool:

# Very cool! RT @johnzo_33: @eidosmontreal here's my remix :) http://is.gd/g0OV3 about 17 hours ago via TweetDeck

Awesome acoustic guitar version of DX theme.

Fluffis
14th Oct 2010, 14:45
Latest Twitter updates:

All in Japanese. Can anyone translate?

"Found at last! Various strategies found in the latest demo play."

The rest will be Google Translate. ;)

http://translate.google.se/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.famitsu.com%2Fnews%2F201010%2F14034704.html&act=url

I'm at work, so I can't go through it all. :D

AlexOfSpades
14th Oct 2010, 14:59
Latest demo play?!

Kodaemon
14th Oct 2010, 15:27
Not the kind of demo you're thinking of.

EDIT: Hey! Have we seen the hacking pic before?!

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/1435/hdp9twg5txaky2gcl354935.jpg

JCpies
14th Oct 2010, 15:35
Ohhh...new cinematic trailer video on the 17th? That may as well be the best birthday gift ever. :D

Nope.

If it was gameplay with a HUD it would be a better 'best birthday gift ever'. :cool:

Pinky_Powers
14th Oct 2010, 15:47
Not the kind of demo you're thinking of.

EDIT: Hey! Have we seen the hacking pic before?!

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/1435/hdp9twg5txaky2gcl354935.jpg

We've seen "a" hacking pick. But I don't remember it being so red. This might be a new one, with the firewall catching up to you.

-~::Edit::~-
Yeah, it's the same one from before. You can find it on the first page of the Images thread.

And here is the very terminal they're trying to hack.

http://dxhr.nanoaugur.net/dx3-screenshot54.jpg

Kodaemon
14th Oct 2010, 15:51
I seem to have missed it. I must say I do like the flowchart look.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th Oct 2010, 15:55
Yeah, it's the same one from before. You can find it on the first page of the Images thread.

It wasn't there a minute ago. I just added it. :D

IH-Denton
14th Oct 2010, 16:06
Latest Twitter updates:
# Jonatchoo DX:HR design team on the very first week. The entire team! http://yfrog.com/n68cgej about 11 hours ago via TweetDeck Retweeted by eidosmontreal and 2 others

that was interesting one. And what is MORE interesting - an Jonatchoo (http://yfrog.com/froggy.php?username=Jonatchoo&page=0) blog itself! I never heard of it before today.

Pinky_Powers
14th Oct 2010, 16:08
It wasn't there a minute ago. I just added it. :D

Well, f**k.

Then I revert back to my original statement: I've seen "a" screenshot of "a" terminal getting hacked. But this may be a new one.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th Oct 2010, 16:09
that was interesting one. And what is MORE interesting - an Jonatchoo (http://yfrog.com/froggy.php?username=Jonatchoo&page=0) blog itself! I never heard of it before today.

Really?
I've been stalking him for ages now... :naughty:

Well, f**k.
Then I revert back to my original statement: I've seen "a" screenshot of "a" terminal getting hacked. But this may be a new one.

Umm, sorry but apparently it isn't a new image. I don't know why it wasn't in the Images thread as I had indeed just added it.
Edit2: Just noticed it was already there. Deleted the duplicate I added. I need more coffee. :D

Latest Twitter from Stephane:

Eidos-Montreal is actively seeking NETWORK, AI, GAMEPLAY and LEAD PROGRAMMERS for an exciting new project. about 23 hours ago via LinkedIn

Pinky_Powers
15th Oct 2010, 19:12
I think they need more folk working on Thief. That poor project doesn't have a single thing to show for it.

Kodaemon
15th Oct 2010, 19:15
Yeesh, DX3 is still not ready and looks like it needs a lot of work, Thiaf hasn't been shown except for that godawful logo and they're already starting the third project. Wouldn't it be better to focus properly on one game at a time?...

EDIT: Pinky'd

Lady_Of_The_Vine
15th Oct 2010, 19:19
Different departments for the different games, so don't think it makes any difference.

Pinky_Powers
15th Oct 2010, 19:28
Different departments for the different games, so don't think it makes any difference.

If they can afford to hire more people, those people should be utilized in their current projects. 160 savage gypsies is plenty for Deus Ex, but the Thief team has that "two sorry souls isolated on an island" feel. We know for a fact they need new logo designers. :p

Tverdyj
15th Oct 2010, 19:30
could they be possibly be set to work on the new Legacy of Kain title?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
15th Oct 2010, 19:31
If they can afford to hire more people, those people should be utilized in their current projects. 160 savage gypsies is plenty for Deus Ex, but the Thief team has that "two sorry souls isolated on an island" feel. We know for a fact they need new logo designers. :p

Seems to me that progress continues for T4. The logo is just a placeholder according to Rene, and it won't change until the dev team are ready to reveal the official banner.

Quite possible.

Pinky_Powers
15th Oct 2010, 19:40
Seems to me that progress continues for T4. The logo is just a placeholder according to Rene, and it won't change until the dev team are ready to reveal the official banner.

Your sober replies are disheartening. You're taking me too seriously, me thinks.

I do confess I sometimes fear EM are growing too quickly. All the hiring, three simultaneous projects, and not a single game on the shelves yet.

They must have a decent backing from Eidos Prime, but I still fear they're expanding too quickly for their own good.

But I know nothing about business management, so my musings are probably more deranged than usual.

Irate_Iguana
15th Oct 2010, 19:42
They must have a decent backing from Eidos Prime, but I still fear they're expanding too quickly for their own good.

They are owned by Squeenix now. There is a lot of money in that concern. Depending on how much Squeenix wants to keep them, they have quite a bit more leeway than a completely fresh company.

Kodaemon
15th Oct 2010, 19:43

No. They already mentioned the third project is a new IP.

Tverdyj
15th Oct 2010, 19:46
BOO!!

ME WANT NEW LOK NAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!111eleven

AlexOfSpades
15th Oct 2010, 19:48
They stated that they had 3 new projects:

DX
T4

And... a mysterious new one yet to be revealed.

(Or am i wrong?!)

Either its Hitman, or Legacy of Kain.

I mean. Just my opinion. Never played neither, so i dont have a clue if they had space for a sequel.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
15th Oct 2010, 19:55
Your sober replies are disheartening. You're taking me too seriously, me thinks.

I apologise. :D

Tverdyj
15th Oct 2010, 19:57
They stated that they had 3 new projects:

DX
T4

And... a mysterious new one yet to be revealed.

(Or am i wrong?!)

Either its Hitman, or Legacy of Kain.

I mean. Just my opinion. Never played neither, so i dont have a clue if they had space for a sequel.

LOK forumites have been howling for a sequel to finish the storyline for the last 7 years

we don't care how good the game will be, but we need closure on that story.

Kodaemon
15th Oct 2010, 19:58
BOO!!

ME WANT NEW LOK NAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!111eleven

Me too. Actually, I'd say it's a good moment for Crystal Dynamics to pick it up, since the Tomb Raider franchise is currently resting. Not getting my hopes up though.

@AlexOfSpades There's nothing to suggest Hitman will leave IO.

Irate_Iguana
15th Oct 2010, 20:01
@AlexOfSpades There's nothing to suggest Hitman will leave IO.

Teh intarwebnets whispered to me that the upcoming Hitman game was to be their last.

Kodaemon
15th Oct 2010, 20:04
Sure, judging by how, ehh, well received the Kane & Lynch games were Squeenix might drop IO, but until that happens, Hitman stays with them.

AlexOfSpades
15th Oct 2010, 20:19
So that cuts off Hitman from the list of possible next game.

Leaving us only with Legacy of Kain.

Does Eidos have any other game that has a potential recent sequel?

Tverdyj
15th Oct 2010, 20:21
So that cuts off Hitman from the list of possible next game.

Leaving us only with Legacy of Kain.

Does Eidos have any other game that has a potential recent sequel?

Well, there was that Project: Snowblind game....

*ducks*

Corpus
15th Oct 2010, 20:54
Next hitman game is coming end of next year, but thats the earliest it might come.
http://www.destructoid.com/next-hitman-game-is-already-being-worked-on-131531.phtml
Not fully official as of yet, god knows how its coming along. I really want them to tie up Kane and Lynch, second game was nice but the story was non-existent and the ending sucked.

FrankCSIS
16th Oct 2010, 04:09
So is everyone from DX:HR going back to Ubisoft after the game is released? :p

Surely they don't plan to keep 3 active teams forever. Although, I hear they're working on using another floor entirely, if it's not already a done thing. Big plans, D'astous, big plans! (Is the golden parachute ready, just in case? Ok ok, Wall Street cynicism here, nothing toooo serious).

Lady_Of_The_Vine
20th Oct 2010, 14:01
Latest Twitters:

Jonatchoo Check out what our friends from @GoldtoothBC (the studio that directed our DXHR E3 trailer w/ SE) did for Halloween http://yfrog.com/eafr6ej
21 minutes ago via TweetDeck Retweeted by eidosmontreal and 1 other

Jonatchoo The Deus Ex: Human Revolution pack designs are moving along super nicely!
7:42 AM Oct 18th via TweetDeck Retweeted by eidosmontreal and 1 other

Sounds like the official box art may be revealed to us soon. :cool:

Pinky_Powers
20th Oct 2010, 14:18
Good good. :cool:

BigBoss
21st Oct 2010, 01:13
He looks like neo, but even cooler

Lady_Of_The_Vine
21st Oct 2010, 13:02
Latest Tweet:
http://twitter.com/Jonatchoo

Jonatchoo
WHERE GOOD IDEAS COME FROM by Steven Johnson - This is just so well made and deeply interesting. Don’t waste... http://tumblr.com/xggmk4x3l
about 5 hours ago via Tumblr

Aceyalone7777
21st Oct 2010, 13:18
i think it has been confirmed back in the days Thief 4 announced that a 3rd project is in the works and it's gonna be a totally new IP.

(My mind is probably playing tricks on me, but if I can recall correctly I think it was supposed to be a MMO)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
21st Oct 2010, 13:37
(My mind is probably playing tricks on me, but if I can recall correctly I think it was supposed to be a MMO)
I think this was just community speculation as EM have released no details at all, afaik.

Aceyalone7777
21st Oct 2010, 13:41
Could be...

New details will emerge soon though (I just hope Thief 4 is not left into the backburner of news... again....)

FrankCSIS
22nd Oct 2010, 02:41
AFAIK they were gunning for a new IP but nothing was set. I'd need to know what the word on the recruiting ground is to figure if it's been decided since.

Jerion
22nd Oct 2010, 03:07
I recall reading from the titter that they secured development for some title's multiplayer component.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
22nd Oct 2010, 09:47
New pic of Fedorova on Jonatchoo's latest tweet:

# Photo: http://tumblr.com/xggmnqj1x about 6 hours ago via Tumblr

Every time I see this picture from the Millenium trilogy (top), I get flabbergasted by how strong the resemblance is with Federova (one of the characters we designed for Deus Ex: Human Revolution). And I had never seen or heard about the Millenium trilogy back when we designed her… incredible…

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z433/Forum_Moderator/DEUS%20EX/millenium.jpg

Wow! :cool:

Also, interesting video about Materials of Economy - A System In Crisis:

# Video: THE STORY OF STUFF. If any of you have never seen this short documentary about mass production and... http://tumblr.com/xggmnmn8y

Latest Tweets:

# ames Week. If it's anything like yesterday, you'll want to arrive early to see Deus Ex. The line gets HUGE. We <3 you all.
about 6 hours ago via web

# @CrazyKinux When I get time to upload pics and footage I'll let you know! until then, there might be some footage popping up elsewhere
about 6 hours ago via web in reply to CrazyKinux

# I arrived from the 70s to do this interview. RT: @nexusdx CGR at NY COMIC CON 2010: Deus Ex interview with Kyle http://youtu.be/4eG2vgOUP-A
about 6 hours ago via web in reply to nexusdx

# Just about every presentation of Deus Ex at Paris Games Week has been PACKED. Let's maintain this for the rest of the event, okay?
about 14 hours ago via TweetDeck

nexusdx
29th Oct 2010, 17:56
The official website has been updated

ADAM JENSEN
Weight : 182 lbs
Height : 6' 3"
Eye Color : blue-gray
Hair Color : Brown
Blood Type : 0-

A 34-year-old Caucasian male from Detroit, Michigan, ADAM JENSEN is an ex-cop turned private security specialist for Sarif Industries, a moderately-sized biotechnology company based in North America. He is what you would call a 'working class hero:' dependable, resourceful, curious in a stand-offish way, with a streak of hardcore cynicism mixed in.

Having joined the Detroit police force at 21, and then volunteered for its SWAT division 4 years later, Jensen rose to team commander quickly. But his career ended suddenly two years ago when he refused to follow a questionable order. Today Jensen tends to be a loner, rather than a leader. He believes there are multiple ways to achieve a desired result, and instinctively looks for answers from himself first, consulting others only after his own ideas are exhausted.
http://www.deusex.com/game/characters/adam

Lady_Of_The_Vine
29th Oct 2010, 18:46
^

Thanks for this, I'll add the info to Q&As thread as someone asked how old Adam would be. :thumb:

avenging_teabag
30th Oct 2010, 08:46
ADAM JENSEN
Huh. Exactly my age.

Also, "a working class hero"? Quite an about-face they did here, but okay.

Spyhopping
30th Oct 2010, 09:47
They should really comment on his love for breakfast cereal there :P

Fluffis
30th Oct 2010, 10:39
Not exactly subtle, are they?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
31st Oct 2010, 11:22
Latest Tweets:

# RT @DavidAnfossi: Beer time at Eidos Montreal! Celebrating Halloween and 1week less before Deus Ex Human Revolution street release
2:57 PM Oct 29th via TweetDeck

# @mtarkhov One more week goes by and we're one week closer to release, that's all. :)
3:08 PM Oct 29th via web in reply to mtarkhov

# @FFB777 That's not me! I'm @coyotegrey! JF's autograph is better, though. Dude's a level designer AND has neater handwriting!
3:05 PM Oct 29th via web in reply to FFB777

OwlSolar
31st Oct 2010, 21:12
Not exactly subtle, are they?
It's practically an advertising page. Why are you looking or subtlely there?

Esnuk
31st Oct 2010, 22:09
What do they mean with "Deus Ex Human Revolution street release" ? :scratch:

Corpus
31st Oct 2010, 22:17
What do they mean with "Deus Ex Human Revolution street release" ? :scratch:

One week closer to the release of DX:HR. They could've worded it better. Could be getting a firm date soon.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
3rd Nov 2010, 00:34
Latest Tweets:

If you're not doing so already, follow @generalvu and @jonatchoo, especially now. They're in Russia. This should be fun for all.
# about 14 hours ago via TweetDeck

# GeneralVu @generalvu @Jonatchoo in front of the palace built in honor of tetris :) http://yfrog.com/e37dnfj
about 15 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® Retweeted by eidosmontreal and 4 others

FrankCSIS
3rd Nov 2010, 00:38
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lb9hpvkQ441qer56zo1_500.jpg

Follow@generalvu and @jonatchoo, especially now.They're in the goulag. This should be fun for all.
#about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

AlexOfSpades
3rd Nov 2010, 00:47
Dark red drink. Looks like blood...

Yum... got me aaall thirsty now...

Lady_Of_The_Vine
5th Nov 2010, 08:28
Latest tweets:

1. Jonatchoo I think this kid did not blink once during the #DXHR demo here at #Igromir http://yfrog.com/ju28112570j
about 18 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone Retweeted by eidosmontreal and 3 others

2. DavidAnfossi Good morning! Press tour today at Eidos Montreal, we'll present Deus Ex Human Revolution to 20 journalists
about 19 hours ago via TweetDeck Retweeted by eidosmontreal and 5 others

3. GeneralVu #igromir #dxhr courageous Russian under the rain waiting to enter http://yfrog.com/myte9gj
about 23 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® Retweeted by eidosmontreal and 6 others

4. Jonatchoo I can't believe this godamn trailer still gives me the goose bumps after all this time... Incredible. #dxhr
about 20 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone Retweeted by eidosmontreal and 1 other

5. GeneralVu #Igromir: so much noiiise thx @Jonatchoo for the ear plug ! If not I will be deaf
7:35 AM Nov 4th via Twitter for BlackBerry® Retweeted by eidosmontreal

6. Jonatchoo Igromir day 2. Let's kick it!
5:33 AM Nov 4th via TweetDeck Retweeted by eidosmontreal

7. "I couldn't be happier or prouder (well, unless I'd made it myself, maybe!)" Warren Spector talking about DX:HR. http://bit.ly/9YBL8u
<3 7:25 PM Nov 3rd via TweetDeck

Warren Spector: What do you think of the new Deus Ex game?

"I've only seen what's been shown at various trade shows – no inside information! – but based on what I've seen, the Eidos Montreal team have done a terrific job capturing the spirit and gameplay ideals of the original. I couldn't be happier or prouder (well, unless I'd made it myself, maybe!). And I sure can't wait to play it – I've never had the chance to play a Deus Ex game where I didn't know all the secrets! That'll be a nice change of pace."

OwlSolar
6th Nov 2010, 05:13
Dark red drink. Looks like blood...

Yum... got me aaall thirsty now...
I swear, the guy on the left looks like a vampire.

BigBoss
6th Nov 2010, 08:40
I don't know if the Eidos guys are against it or something, but Rockstar, Naughty Dog, Valve, Bioware, and many other huge video game companies have one. I think it would be kind of nice if Eidos made an official one, if not for the company, then at least for dxhr. Dead space has a pretty good facebook going, every week the devs talk to their community and either share some tidbits on the developement of the game, or release some art work...... I think it would be pretty cool!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Nov 2010, 08:59
^
They do have Facebook. Link found on first post/first page of this thread. I've merged your new post into here. :)

AlexOfSpades
6th Nov 2010, 11:21

And the guy on the right looks like a werewolf.

Anu
6th Nov 2010, 20:46

And the guy on the right looks like a werewolf.

And they´re sipping drinks at the bar called "Underworld".

BigBoss
7th Nov 2010, 06:20
I posted this before, but it's gone(?) Bioware, valve, naughty dog, rockstar and several other top tier devs have one for their company. When I log into facebook, and I'm checking my friends, i'm always pleasantly suprised to see either new art work, an interview, dev Q and A sessions and even on rare occasions, a small snipet of gameplay like a few days before the new trailer. Individual games do this to like Mass effect or Dead space, and i'm wondering why Eidos doesn't jump on this as well. And it's not like it's a gimmick, most of them have over 100,000 followers on their sites.....what do you guys think?

Jerion
7th Nov 2010, 06:27
It's been up for years. From the stickied FAQ thread:

ARE THERE ALTERNATE OFFICIAL WAYS FOR CONNECTING WITH OTHER FANS?

Yes.

There is an official group on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=13382638259).

There is also an official IRC Channel. It will be a place for future fan-dev team chats, and right now it's a great way to get to better know other members of the community. The Eidos, Inc Community Terms of Use apply for the channel, so follow them. Basic rules of conduct: be respectful, keep it clean.

Direct link to the channel:
irc://irc.replayirc.com:6667/DXHR

Web browser client set up for the channel:
http://mibbit.replayirc.com/?chan=dxhr

Senka
7th Nov 2010, 06:27
it got merged into this topic: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=110086&page=9

answer:
^
They do have Facebook. Link found on first post/first page of this thread. I've merged your new post into here. :)

FrankCSIS
7th Nov 2010, 06:30
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=13382638259&ref=ts#!/group.php?gid=13382638259&v=wall

As to what I think... I think it's a simple way out, a missed opportunity to develop a truly great online campaign. I also think it's a very good way of sending quick updates to a massive amount of people, and make sure they all read it. However, I think the message relayed is inevitably poor in content, due to the medium. A tweet or a facebook update cannot relay quality information, has limited potential and scope compared to a website.

In short, good way to attract people to the updates made on your site, but not a communication plan in and by itself. It was bad enough when 24-hour medias shortened the lenght of news segments to a mere minute. With tweets, you shorten the message to a few words. The next logical step to this would be telepathic haikus.

Lord knows I don't want haikus broadcasted straight into my brain.

BigBoss
7th Nov 2010, 06:39
I joined when I saw the link, thanks! Does Eidos have one also and I just can't find it?

Edit: It says under its info that it's a fan club. Doesn't that mean this isn't made by Eidos?

BigBoss
7th Nov 2010, 06:45
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=13382638259&ref=ts#!/group.php?gid=13382638259&v=wall

As to what I think... I think it's a simple way out, a missed opportunity to develop a truly great online campaign. I also think it's a very good way of sending quick updates to a massive amount of people, and make sure they all read it. However, I think the message relayed is inevitably poor in content, due to the medium. A tweet or a facebook update cannot relay quality information, has limited potential and scope compared to a website.

In short, good way to attract people to the updates made on your site, but not a communication plan in and by itself. It was bad enough when 24-hour medias shortened the lenght of news segments to a mere minute. With tweets, you shorten the message to a few words. The next logical step to this would be telepathic haikus.

Lord knows I don't want haikus broadcasted straight into my brain.

That's pretty drastic. I wouldn't say the quality of the content suffers at all, it's not like devs need tons of space on the fb anyways, it's usually a link to a video or just pics to click on. I found out about undead nightmare first from facebook, so I wouldn't say it isn't useful. Besides it's pretty much as mainsteam as you can get which if you want this game to hit commercial success, it pretty much has to.

jtr7
7th Nov 2010, 08:21
Eidos isn't making the game. Eidos-Montreal, a separate and distinct and new company who've never released a title, are making the game, and Eidos-Montreal is owned by Square-Enix. Searching for Eidos without Montreal will bloat search results.

Coyotegrey
7th Nov 2010, 09:22
We don't have one already?

http://www.facebook.com/DeusEx

BigBoss
7th Nov 2010, 19:19
Eidos isn't making the game. Eidos-Montreal, a separate and distinct and new company who've never released a title, are making the game, and Eidos-Montreal is owned by Square-Enix. Searching for Eidos without Montreal will bloat search results.

And there are several Rockstar developement teams as well, the team who made gta4 isn't the same one that made red dead, but they are still all organized under the same name, thus have one facebook representing rockstar north, san diego, toronto, japan, ect... I have actually recieved several PMs for this as well and they all lead to different fbs usually fan made. In my opinion it just seems disorganized.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
8th Nov 2010, 20:42
Latest tweets:

# RT @Jonatchoo Photo: 3D fan art of Adam Jensen with his cyber arms. Super well done. Bravo! http://bit.ly/c1vxJR
less than a minute ago via TweetDeck

# More DX:HR previews coming in. This one's from G2unit. http://bit.ly/8ZpRkV Thanks for the heads-up, @thelostforum
20 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# movura Well after seeing a demo of DX:HR, I think its now my most wanted game of 2011... Thanks @eidosmontreal for everything!
about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone from Montréal, Québec Retweeted by eidosmontreal and 2 others

# Jonatchoo Photo: I’m looking at the DXHR demo played by André, and I think to myself, what a wonderful world we created...
http://tumblr.com/xggp36ue7
about 3 hours ago via Tumblr Retweeted by eidosmontreal and 3 others

MrFoxter
8th Nov 2010, 21:34
I'd dig this from gamerevolution.com preview (http://www.gamerevolution.com/preview/pc/deus-ex-human-revolution):

Eidos dreamed up over 100 fake brands and their corresponding logos to be plastered around the urban locales.

I'd love to see them in art-book!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
9th Nov 2010, 15:37
Latest Tweets, lots of previews and EM studio infilitration!

# Guess what?! Another preview! http://bit.ly/cWc5M3 Thanks, Siliconera!
about 11 hours ago via TweetDeck

# Gah! Our innards are exposed! "Peek into the offices of Eidos Montreal." http://bit.ly/bZrb62 Thanks @destructoid and @dalenorth, yet again.
about 16 hours ago via web

# Didn't see this coming. ANOTHER preview from Destructoid. (2 in one day!) http://bit.ly/acCeyA Written by @DaleNorth once again. THANKS!
about 18 hours ago via TweetDeck

# @PCGame_Examiner :( Same here!
about 18 hours ago via TweetDeck in reply to PCGame_Examiner

# My apologies if this feels like spam, but here's another preview. http://bit.ly/aWng0K This one's from GameRevolution.com.

# Yet another preview for DX:HR. This one's from Destructoid, and written by @DaleNorth http://bit.ly/99UJiL

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Dec 2010, 16:04
Latest tweets:

# We're excited, are you?! RT @CrystalDynamics Proudly presenting... Tomb Raider -> http://bit.ly/eaq0mj #TombRaider @TombRaider
9 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Lara's looking as lovely as ever. :)

# RT @EliasToufexis: @Jonatchoo @GeneralVu A picture that a #DeusEx fan emailed me. Love it. http://twitpic.com/3ddql0
about 9 hours ago via TweetDeck

# Sketch of Adam Jensen from forum user zombieturtle01 http://bit.ly/gGNUOm
about 15 hours ago via TweetDeck

# New forum user HamerD's Deus Ex tattoo: http://bit.ly/flIQp8
about 17 hours ago via TweetDeck
^^
Congrats on the shout-out guys!

3rdmillhouse
7th Dec 2010, 02:13
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lb9hpvkQ441qer56zo1_500.jpg

Why does he keep smiling like that? It scares me.

mentalkase
7th Dec 2010, 02:24
Why does he keep smiling like that? It scares me.

Could have something to do with the vodka.

TrickyVein
7th Dec 2010, 06:05
He's pretty wasted.

Yep.

Rindill the Red
7th Dec 2010, 07:43
He's pretty wasted.

Yep.

You know, he's got a good Joker smile. Get rid of the glasses, grow the hair out a little more wild and die it green, shave the beard, add the make up, and widen the eyes to appear more manic (he's got too much of a twinkle) and it would totally be a good Joker face.

ZakKa89
7th Dec 2010, 10:06
That Lara Croft art looks amazing.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
7th Dec 2010, 13:07
Latest tweets:

# RT @EGMNOW January cover reveal - Deus Ex: Human Revolution leads our feature on the 21 most anticipated games of 2011 http://bit.ly/gMrqvQ
about 15 hours ago via TweetDeck
^
Sweet.

The cyberpunk adventure Deus Ex: Human Revolution kicks off EGM’s January cover feature previewing the most anticipated games of 2011. “This is the most challenging game I’ve worked on to date,” exclaims game director Jean-Francois Dugas.

# Very, very cool. Fact: @jonatchoo likes it as well. RT @BillyMatjiunis A DX:HR environment modeled by a fan. http://bit.ly/htDe6a
about 16 hours ago via TweetDeck

# Adam Jensen is everywhere, including the Sims 3! http://bit.ly/g0LmSd Big thanks to Jessica Morin, a tester here at EM, for the heads-up.
about 17 hours ago via TweetDeck

68_pie
7th Dec 2010, 17:40
“This is the most challenging game I’ve worked on to date,” exclaims game director Jean-Francois Dugas.

Not hard to believe.

Happy
7th Dec 2010, 18:17
^ lol

Senka
8th Dec 2010, 01:43
That fan made dx scene is VERY awesome, wish I was that cool.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
9th Dec 2010, 20:57
Latest tweets (JJB's):

DavidAnfossi A new playtest session is planned next week! The game is better every week, just eager to look at players in action
about 5 hours ago via TweetDeck Retweeted by Jonatchoo and 1 other

Photo: LOL! Funny one on Batman vs Sam Fisher. Kinda old but I had never seen it before. http://tumblr.com/xggzn1da8
about 5 hours ago via Tumblr

GoldtoothBC Looking forward to attending Inside Gaming Awards this Friday in LA with our friends @eidosmontreal. Deus Ex HR E3 Trailer is nominated!

Pinky_Powers
9th Dec 2010, 22:24
I remember that Penny Arcade comic! ...made me laugh. :D

Rindill the Red
9th Dec 2010, 22:38
Now they just need to add another frame with Jensen flying down from the glass ceiling over Batman.

ZakKa89
9th Dec 2010, 22:44
Now they just need to add another frame with Jensen flying down from the glass ceiling over Batman.

I will do something similair.

[FGS]Shadowrunner
9th Dec 2010, 23:00
Just noticed the calendar in top right of the main site blog. It looks really Deus Ex! Fantastic.

Ashpolt
11th Dec 2010, 00:12
From David Anfossi:

Rumor: Deus Ex Human Revolution Using Kinect For Xbox 360 Version http://t.co/2gHDN17 via @AddThis Kinect??... No...

Thank god for the "no" at the end there. That would have been such unbelievable, extraordinary levels of fail if it were true. Also, rewatching the end credits sequence of the trailer, the Kinect log doesn't actually appear. The Kinect trademark is referenced, but I imagine that's standard legal blurb for anything being released on the 360 now.

All in all: this game will not use Kinect. At least one failure has been averted.

AlexOfSpades
11th Dec 2010, 00:50
I dont quite understand why Kinect use would be a failure.

I mean, i dont even own a Xbox and i just googled what Kinect is.

I'm just wondering.

Shralla
11th Dec 2010, 00:56

I'm just wondering.

You... didn't know what Kinect was?

Ashpolt
11th Dec 2010, 01:00

I'm just wondering.

Put it this way: implementing waggle controls takes time. Time that could be much, much better used on...well, pretty much anything else. If they'd implemented motion controls over, say, putting in a toggle to turn off third person, then that would've shattered the last remaining bit of faith I have in this team.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
12th Dec 2010, 13:36
# Jonatchoo FFFFFFUUUUUUU we won baby!!!! 10:45 PM Dec 10th
via TweetDeck Retweeted by eidosmontreal and 4 others

# Woooo! Deus Ex just won for best trailer at the Inside Gaming Awards!

CONGRATULATIONS to EM on their win. Very well-deserved! :thumb:

Irate_Iguana
12th Dec 2010, 14:01

Celebrate by giving us info.

Kvltism
12th Dec 2010, 14:03
Good to see the trailers getting the recognition they deserve. But in the grand scheme of things, all the glitzy CG trailers in the world don't count for much if the game isn't a legit GOTY candidate. I've successfully avoided jumping on the hype train so far.

Pinky_Powers
12th Dec 2010, 14:13

Seconded!

Good work should always be recognized, and the trailers for this game are well above the usual standards. :thumb::thumb:

Mindmute
12th Dec 2010, 14:38
Good work should always be recognized, and the trailers for this game are well above the usual standards. :thumb::thumb:

^This.

Game info now please, EM. You might win another, very important, prize (my love) :D

lithos
12th Dec 2010, 17:01
Praising a game for the quality of its trailers is like praising a restaurant for the quality of its doorknobs.

Ilves
12th Dec 2010, 17:05
^ A pretty doorknob is still a pretty doorknob in its own right. But I know where you're coming from.

IOS
12th Dec 2010, 17:26
Praising a game for the quality of its trailers is like praising a restaurant for the quality of its doorknobs.

Terrible analogy. Its like praising a restaurant for the quality of its advertising. I think the point you're trying to make is right, you just used a poor analogy.