PDA

View Full Version : E3 2010 ...

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 13:11
Figure we might need one , so , here it is , the E3 2010 thread ...

Major Press Conference Schedule ...

On Monday June 14th ...
Microsoft at 10 AM PST ...
EA Games at 02 PM PST ...
Ubisoft at 05 PM PST ...

On Tuesday June 15th ...
Nintendo at 09 AM PST ...
Sony at 12 PM PST ...
Project Natal / Kleenex ... sorry , meant Kinect at 04 PM PST ...

Microsoft's conference starts in about four hours , get ready to be blown away just like last year , lol ...

In the meantime i'll rant a bit more on how Fallout New Vegas looks just like Fallout 3 and should be a expansion set instead of a full game with potential DLCs ...

There , i just ranted ...

JackGordon
14th Jun 2010, 13:14
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=110072

Posted three minutes earlier. I win.

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 13:16
I took time typing them press conferences schedule , so unless a moderator will be kindly enough to merge your three words post into my topic , i won't move an inch ...

JackGordon
14th Jun 2010, 13:20
And I took the time to copypasta the schedule :p

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 13:24
You took five minutes to copy past that ? ...

Are you still eating or what ? ...

ohitspatty
14th Jun 2010, 14:09
In the meantime i'll rant a bit more on how Fallout New Vegas looks just like Fallout 3 and should be a expansion set instead of a full game with potential DLCs

How is that an expansion? Please explain because it seems to really bother you, sir.

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 14:23
You saw the latest gameplay trailer ? ...

It all looks too familiar , disentigrating lazer guns , explosions all over the place , the third person camera view , outrageous outfits not suited for combats ...

I mean at least Grand Theft Auto games had the decency of changing the graphics and story for each sequel , and since i doubt New Vegas is really going to have a epic storyline on its own , they should have just made it a fourty dollar expansion for Fallout 3 , it would have been more profitable for them anywya ...

ohitspatty
14th Jun 2010, 15:04
You saw the latest gameplay trailer ? ...

Yes, I have.

It all looks too familiar , disentigrating lazer guns , explosions all over the place , the third person camera view , outrageous outfits not suited for combats ...

Isn't it because it takes place in the same universe? What did you want? No more laser guns or interesting and strange outfits? Besides, it's a third person/first person game. I really don't see a vaild point there. It looks the same because it uses same engine that was tweaked because Fallout 3's engine was good but it had plenty bugs.

I mean at least Grand Theft Auto games had the decency of changing the graphics and story for each sequel , and since i doubt New Vegas is really going to have a epic storyline on its own

...there wasn't whole lot of change from Vice City to San Andreas as I remember (graphics wise). As for story, it's Fallout what you expect? Did Fallout 3 have good story? I don't think so, it was alright at best but it was fun. The side quests were whole lot more interesting then the main quest in my opinion. So I'm not expecting a mind blowing storyline. And...it's not like anyone is making you buy New Vegas, just wait till Fallout 4 comes out so you can have your upgraded graphics.

they should have just made it a fourty dollar expansion for Fallout 3 , it would have been more profitable for them anywya ...

Is there any logic there? How would it be more profitable then a stand alone game? Sure maybe if it was related to Fallout 3 more then it is, then maybe it would make sense. However, this a different setting in different year and none of the characters are connected to Fallout 3. So...there is no connection other then it's in the same universe and uses same engine. Also I'm not sure you're understanding that it's going to actually be a full-length RPG game (I plan to clock at least 50 hours) and not some 20 hours-max expansion. So why should they release a full-length game as an expansion pack? ...makes no sense.

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 15:33
Because nothing that New Vegas adds makes it looks like a full sequel , and while we're at it , why didn't they just call it Fallout 4 ? ...

What's stopping them from calling it Fallout 4 ? if it is indeed as Big and grand as Fallout 3 , if not even bigger better and more polished , what's keeping them from calling it Fallout 4 ? because Bethesda is not the lead developper ? bull**** ...

It's the same for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood , why didn't they call it Assassin's Creed 3 ? Ubisoft justification was that it doesn't take place a new age / setting , but the fact that it adds a multiplayer feature and a singleplayer as long and if not even deeper than Assassin's Creed 2 warrants it as being more than just a DLC or expansion pack as it does fully continues the storyline , so i'm fine with that and i personally consider it a proper sequel ...

Fallout New Vegas , same universe , different setting , new weapons , enemies , quests , outfits , same gameplay as Fallout 3 ... it still makes no sense that the kid from vault 101 couldn't have a expansion like this with new setting / weapons / enemies / quests / outfits if it's going to be in the end , the same bloody thing , no , instead they have to make it with a 'new protagonnist' with no personnality to justifies all this ... i just don't get it ...

But fine , ok ... as you say it , it's a whole game on its own , a game i'm bound to put in hundreds of hours in it just like what i did with Fallout 3 and its dlcs and had a great time with it , alright ! ...
Why is it not called Fallout 4 ? ...

I think it's indeed the lack of the '4' that stops me from considering it as a sequel ... so , what , it's a spin off ? how so ? every Fallout games had a hundred ingame year setting them each apart , so where's the problem in calling New Vegas 'Fallout 4' ? ...

ohitspatty
14th Jun 2010, 15:40
I think it's indeed the lack of the '4' that stops me from considering it as a sequel...

That...is...damn...sad.

Does that mean Grand Theft Auto San Andreas was just an expansion too? That makes me a sad, sad panda too!

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 15:55
I love it how people just fall into them easy traps i set for them to have their nuts cracked into it so the local dog could have something to eat tonight ...

You idiot , you deliberately avoided to answer my question , and if you payed any attention to what i was saying i said i considered Brotherhood a proper sequel to Assassin's Creed 2 despite not having the '3' in the title ...

Now stop crying and answer me , why is Fallout New Vegas not titled Fallout 4 ? ...
Go on , i'm waiting ...

And if you're really picky about it , when San Andreas was being made no one at Rockstar boasted about a numerical sequel to the Grand Theft Auto franchise , Bethesda however did talked about a Fallout 4 , so New Vegas , despite being a full game on its very own , will not be called Fallout 4 because it's not being made by Bethesda ? ...

Couldn't they let New Vegas have the title Fallout 4 and when Bethesda makes their new game , they call it Fallout 5 ? ...

ohitspatty
14th Jun 2010, 16:06
Now stop crying and answer me , why is Fallout New Vegas not titled Fallout 4 ? ...
Go on , i'm waiting ...

I don't work for them, sorry I can't ANSWER you. But, I was aware it's more of a spin off then a continuation of the "storyline" set on Fallout 3.

Besides Bethesda has plans on making Fallout 4 and who said that Obsidian can't make another Fallout game on their "own". After all a lot of Black Isle Studios employees went to work there and they have worked previously on Fallout and Fallout 2.

Also I'm an idiot?

I think it's indeed the lack of the '4' that stops me from considering it as a sequel...

...please...

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 16:16
Please read what i wrote before responding like a idiot , again ...

The reason why i insist on you responding to my question is because you were so Mad at my opinion on New Vegas in the first place , one would believe you were here to Explain to me why my opinion was not fair , and in order to do that , you would have to Answer my questions , but since you cannot do that properly , well ... that's that ...

Besides you had no reason to be mad at my opinion , it's not like i said i didn't wanted to buy this game , making your comment on how "no one is forcing me to buy it" sounds like it's coming from someone who has got nothing of interst to say ...
Which is pity considering how eager i was to watch you convince me how wrong i was at calling New Vegas a expansion pack ...

Quite frankly there was just one simple thing that you needed to say , but you didn't , well ... i'm to blame for my high expectations ...

ohitspatty
14th Jun 2010, 16:22
Please, I don't need to impress someone like you. And yes I read your post and I don't see how AM I an idiot for understanding that there is no need of a "4" in the title for it to be a complete game. Obviously it's no a "direct sequel" however it's a game not a DLC or expansion pack.

Plus, I'm not mad at all I was just asking why you think that way but you haven't really stated anything that makes sense. I would understand if you had a proof that the game is very short and comes out like you're being robbed for paying 60 bucks. However, I'm pretty sure it will be feature-length RPG game like Fallout 3 was.

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 16:38
Obviously it's no a "direct sequel" however it's a game not a DLC or expansion pack.

I'm telling you there's just One thing you need to say that'll justify New Vegas as being a lot more than a mere expansion pack ...

Plus, I'm not mad at all I was just asking why you think that way but you haven't really stated anything that makes sense. I would understand if you had a proof that the game is very short and comes out like you're being robbed for paying 60 bucks. However, I'm pretty sure it will be feature-length RPG game like Fallout 3 was.

I never bloody said that the damn game was going to be short , that was never the Issue ! ... this one came out of nowhere , seriously , idiot gets another experience point ...

I said that what this game has to offer is no different than what a typical expansion pack would normally offer , hence why i'm questionning you to show me the difference between this being a mere expansion pack and a full game , and i'll say it again , there's just One thing you need to say ...

Oh and ...

Please, I don't need to impress someone like you. And yes I read your post and I don't see how AM I an idiot for understanding that there is no need of a "4" in the title for it to be a complete game.

. . .
So you read my post but still thinks that i believe that we need a numerical number in a game's title to make said game complete ? ...

Indeed , i was stupid thinking that a idiot could impress me ...
Sorry for wasting your time ...

ohitspatty
14th Jun 2010, 16:55
How mature are you? You keep on insulting me, for no reason. Did I do something to you? The name calling obviously shows your intelligence, doesn't it? Unless you're thirteen year old you have no reason to behave like that.

To my knowledge an expansion pack is:
expansion set, or supplement is an addition to an existing role-playing game, tabletop game or video game. These add-ons usually add new game areas, weapons, objects, and/or an extended storyline to a complete and already released game.

You could say that "New Vegas" is extended storyline and it adds new map, weapons, objects, and characters to already existing game. The only problem I see is that New Vegas adds more to that as well as improves the gameplay from Fallout 3. In fact the different setting and characters already create different gameplay and strategies even when the basic elements of first-person shooter and RPG games are same as with Fallout 3.

Since you're "right" and I'm "wrong" what would make New Vegas a stand-alone game, in your opinion.

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 17:22
I don't see any insults , not from me anywya , it's more like a jumping jack game i was making , but if you have taken it so dearly , that i called you a idiot , if you really got so offended by that , then i'm sorry , even though , you know , you shouldn't have pushed it by calling me a idiot (without really saying it) to begin with ...
Fact remains that you could have done a lot better than that , but indeed let's not jump overboard ...

Then again no you could have just dealt with the mistakes you've made , but ok , we'll let the other people to draw the conclusion for themselves ...

Lol all of a sudden i'm "right" , ok ... i didn't expected that ...

ohitspatty
14th Jun 2010, 17:34
I believe you called me an idiot first, that is an insult.

Sure it wasn't smart to make a remark like I did, but that's before you justified yourself it sounded so silly "I think it's indeed the lack of the '4' that stops me from considering it as a sequel... "

No?

However, I didn't call you (directly or indirectly) an idiot or stupid. I said it's sad because really that's a very strange reason to look at why you can't see New Vegas as a stand-alone. "Oh, because it doesn't have a number in the title". That's just silly but then you went on to call me an idiot and justifying yourself with whole AC Brotherhood which you can accept as a sequel and a stand-alone game because it continues the storyline from AC 2. That's fair enough, but there are other Fallout games that are also Spin-offs like New Vegas...I'm assuming those are stand-alone games.

Now you're not answering my questions, that's alright perhaps you don't know how to answer them either.

And notice how it's "right" to you, but to me you are still wrong :p

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 18:15
I did answered on a seperate post ...

Oh wait ...

Ok , blame that on me , i was watching the microsoft press conference and i didn't pressed 'submit reply' ...

Well here it is ...

IT'S THE GODDAMN HARDCORE MODE THAT MAKES IT A WHOLE LOT MORE THAN A SIMPLE EXPANSION ...

WAR HAS CHANGED RON PERLMAN ! ...
Suck On That ! ...

ohitspatty
14th Jun 2010, 18:40
Is that the only thing? Oh well, I can't say I agree. To me the whole thing is going to be whole new experience...and I'm defiantly going to get my money's worth.

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 18:50
But precisely , to me , This is how i'll get a "whole new experience" from New Vegas ...

That's the one thing that'll make me look beyond the simple same new guns / characters / explosions ...

Again , i'm a weird illogical case , so i'll stay there in my corner ...

chaoticd
15th Jun 2010, 15:17
i was very unhappy with what microsoft presented. they went so much toward their kinect that the games like Crytek's exclusive didnt seem like microsoft cared about. and seeing how every site i go on says the kinect is a ps2 eye toy that came out 5 years ago ((with more games) Kinect), and i actually agree with, I cant see why microsoft wasted E3 on that.

GrievousOdyssey
15th Jun 2010, 15:20
Two things ...

First of it still doesn't make sense why half of Microsoft's conference went to Kinect if They were already planning to dedicate a Entire Conference for Kinect Today ...

And second , http://www.gamesradar.com/f/e3-2010-why-microsoft-has-literally-lost-its-grip-on-reality/a-2010061594645155099 ...

chaoticd
15th Jun 2010, 15:28
Two things ...

First of it still doesn't make sense why half of Microsoft's conference went to Kinect if They were already planning to dedicate a Entire Conference for Kinect Today ...

And second , http://www.gamesradar.com/f/e3-2010-why-microsoft-has-literally-lost-its-grip-on-reality/a-2010061594645155099 ...

yep, i agree... AND ITS A BIG EYE TOY!!! A $600 EYE TOY!!! I GOT MY EYE TOY FOR $5

GrievousOdyssey
15th Jun 2010, 17:22
Nintendo 3DS is the Next Big Thing ...

Mark my words ...
The 3DS should not be underestimated ...

chaoticd
15th Jun 2010, 18:25
Nintendo 3DS is the Next Big Thing ...

Mark my words ...
The 3DS should not be underestimated ...

i agree, i have the psp and original ds, and i will definitly be getting a 3ds. im curious as to see if sony will unveil there new psp and what it will be like now that i have seen the 3ds. the new psp better be amazing, cuz the 3ds was over the top.

GrievousOdyssey
15th Jun 2010, 18:42
The new PSP will turn YOU into 3D instead ! ...

chaoticd
15th Jun 2010, 21:00
The new PSP will turn YOU into 3D instead ! ...

no new psp, 3ds wins

GrievousOdyssey
15th Jun 2010, 21:08
It's true , the 3DS is still the biggest news of this E3 , well done Nintendo ...

chaoticd
15th Jun 2010, 21:12
It's true , the 3DS is still the biggest news of this E3 , well done Nintendo ...

but who won E3? i think its a tie between sony and nintendo. microsoft was ....

GrievousOdyssey
15th Jun 2010, 21:45
Nintendo ...

Yes i am a PS3 owner , but you can't deny that despite the fact that not All the product shown by Nintendo were 'epic' , the timing , the pace of the show , it was well managed ...

Sony got lost a bit here and there when they had to show off the Move , then it got a strike of marvelousness with their Exclusivity reveals with Dead Space 2 , Medal of Honor , Mafia II and Brotherhood , then it got a montage with PS3 games (albeit no Dog Days in it) and then when we would expect the show to be over they dragged on with another Gran Turismo trailer , and a trailer for Twisted Metal ... but then it's still not over , they had to show a demo of it , and compare to the demo of God of War III last year , Twisted Metal seems more like a fan service , and it should have been included somewhere in the conference but not At The End ...

Not to mention that Infamous 2 looks bad , why the hell did they changed the looks And voice of Cole Mcgrath ? why ? i mean for once that we had a protagonnist with a gravely voice who didn't suck , now we have a teenager who looks like a scrapped concept art of Peter Parker , why ? ...
And Killzone 3 looks like Killzone 2.5 , to be honest ...

Nintendo on the other hand revived franchises with Kirby , Donkey Kong , marked the return of Zelda , and yes , none of them looks like Game of the Year material , but it's the pacing of these reveals , one after the other , and Damn ! only less than fifteen minutes of the conference was dedicated to the casual market , that's a achievement right there ...

In terms of 'best confenrence' of this E3 , it's Nintendo no doubt ...
If we're going to talk about 'best content shown by a publisher' then we can argue that it's Sony ...

And Microsoft earns the title of biggest pretentious publisher of the year , hands down ...

Sure , i'm a PS3 owner , but this is the first time i've been so negative against microsoft ...
What did they started with ? "Hey ! for the next three years all DLC maps for Call of Duty are exclusive first on the 360 !" and the audience applauded as if they actually LIKE to Pay for DLCs ... dumbasses ...

I'm not even going to talk about that tiger who plays natal (i still prefer 'natal') with a digital looking girl ...

And the end of a conference ? "a free 360 for everyone in the room" *applause follows* *applause ends* *dumbass whose name i can't remember is starting to crack his fake smile* "What ?! common , give it up !" *he asks for more applause , and the audience gave it to him* *his fake smile holds together for a bit longer* ...

Microsoft are acting like they're the kind of the industry , and you know what ? in some way they're right , because with a audience that remains incredibly faithful to the 360 , Microsoft has no reason not to exploit on this huge mass market they have ...

This is probably what the message spoken by Jack Trenton at the end of Sony's conference meant ...
He said that their biggest secret weapon is in fact the custommers themselves and indeed , when they talked about all that 'high quality entertainment' that lasts over a decade , they're talking about the trust between us , the consummers , and their company , which results in the high quality product they have today ...
It's a fight between Sony's trust with their consummers and Microsoft's power over their audiences , and you don't need special glasses to tell you which one is more evil looking than the other ...

Oh but of course , Nintendo just came out of nowhere and brought their 3DS so they win ...
Honorable mention is that Sony does give Microsoft a ***** slap it deserves ...

chaoticd
15th Jun 2010, 22:01
lol, grievous, your wrong on 1 point. i saw dog days in 2 of the ps3 trailers, althought it was only about 2 seconds.

GrievousOdyssey
15th Jun 2010, 22:12
No doubt , the server i was watching lagged so badly , i'm waiting for them to release on the PSN like last year ...

But wait , that's all you got to reply for ? ...
That's all you got to say ?!!!? ...

chaoticd
15th Jun 2010, 22:16
No doubt , the server i was watching lagged so badly , i'm waiting for them to release on the PSN like last year ...

But wait , that's all you got to reply for ? ...
That's all you got to say ?!!!? ...

also.... lol. you should check out the playstation E3 event home space in playstation home. its awsome.

ohitspatty
15th Jun 2010, 22:17
Playstation Home? isn't that like the place where you see a chick avatar surrounded by 100 dudes trying to text chat with her?

chaoticd
15th Jun 2010, 22:20
Playstation Home? isn't that like the place where you see a chick avatar surrounded by 100 dudes trying to text chat with her?

hasnt been like that in forever. now its frekin awsome. there are a ton of game areas and mini games everywhere. even mmo's in the ps home mmo

GrievousOdyssey
15th Jun 2010, 22:23
I have no intention of re-installing Home in order to wait ten minutes for it to load one trailer , i prefer download the trailers directly from the PSN , plus i can Keep the trailers this way ...

I like keeping trailers ...
Eats a lot of memories , though ...

chaoticd
15th Jun 2010, 22:27
I have no intention of re-installing Home in order to wait ten minutes for it to load one trailer , i prefer download the trailers directly from the PSN , plus i can Keep the trailers this way ...

I like keeping trailers ...
Eats a lot of memories , though ...

when was the last time you were in home? it plays without loading in 2 seconds, and i dont have highspeed... it didnt used to be like that, but with the last update, its great. home is great. plus, you can get exclusive game content

GrievousOdyssey
15th Jun 2010, 22:35
when was the last time you were in home? it plays without loading in 2 seconds, and i dont have highspeed... it didnt used to be like that, but with the last update, its great. home is great. plus, you can get exclusive game content

Really ? ...

Well , maybe things have changed ...

Still , i prefer to download and keep the videos on my PS3 , so that i can watch them any time i want without having to load Home and go search for it ...

But it's nice to know that things have improved for Home , anywya ...

chaoticd
15th Jun 2010, 22:38
Really ? ...

Well , maybe things have changed ...

Still , i prefer to download and keep the videos on my PS3 , so that i can watch them any time i want without having to load Home and go search for it ...

But it's nice to know that things have improved for Home , anywya ...

yay, i could list all the improvments in home, but it would take me a few hours. they even recreated the menu interface for easier and better use.