PDA

View Full Version : The Official E3 facts & rumors thread

JackGordon
14th Jun 2010, 13:08
Let's start with this:

Xbox 360 Slimline confirmed? (http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6265356/xbox-360-slim-confirmed)

Sweet. We're barely halfway through 2010 and I know I'm already broke.

Furthermore, the press conferences schedule (copypasta from Grievous' impostor thread):

On Monday June 14th ...
Microsoft at 10 AM PST ...
EA Games at 02 PM PST ...
Ubisoft at 05 PM PST ...

On Tuesday June 15th ...
Nintendo at 09 AM PST ...
Sony at 12 PM PST ...
Project Natal / Kleenex ... sorry , meant Kinect at 04 PM PST ...

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 13:15
Well goddamn it why couldn't you have created this thread like fifteen minutes before i did mine ? ...

Trophy Unlocked , One Step Above Grievous ~ enjoy your trophy because now you suffer big pain ! ...

JackGordon
14th Jun 2010, 13:17
Because 15 minutes ago I was eating cashew nuts and watching the last 15 minutes of Life of Brian.

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 13:18
Well enjoy the bright side of life and banish this topic into the pits of tartarus ...

JackGordon
14th Jun 2010, 13:22
No. *arms crossed* My thread has the word 'Official' in it, making yours inferior.

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 13:23
Furthermore, the press conferences schedule (copypasta from Grievous' impostor thread):

On Monday June 14th ...
Microsoft at 10 AM PST ...
EA Games at 02 PM PST ...
Ubisoft at 05 PM PST ...

On Tuesday June 15th ...
Nintendo at 09 AM PST ...
Sony at 12 PM PST ...
Project Natal / Kleenex ... sorry , meant Kinect at 04 PM PST ...

You even copy pasted my remark on Microsoft's poor choice at renaming Project Natal into Kinect ? ... HAVE YOU NO SHAME ?!!!?! ...

JackGordon
14th Jun 2010, 13:24
HAVE YOU NO SHAME ?!!!?! ...
Nope.:cool:

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 13:27
I know exactly what's going to happen , a third man will created another E3 2010 topic on his own and this time he'll get other forum members to actually talk about E3 , then a moderator will step in and delete our topics because we just spent five posts on each topic arguing amongst ourselves ...

So i say we shoot the third man instead of each other ...

JackGordon
14th Jun 2010, 13:28
Right.

So, Project Natal is renamed Kinect as you all can read here (http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6265354/project-natal-renamed-kinect?tag=top_stories%3Btitle%3B1).

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 13:33
Project Natal , Kinect , doesn't change the fact that it's motion control gaming , and we have this to say to motion control gaming ! ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfEGdiJRYa0&feature=player_embedded

EDIT : And how does the name 'Kinect' make any more sense than Project Natal ? ...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=250896

This is like the change from Recon to ODST , to me anywya ...

JackGordon
14th Jun 2010, 13:53
Don't care what its called either, I'm not buying into this motion control fad anyways. I'm only interested in xbox 360 slim, The Last Guardian, Dead Space 2, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Batman: Arkham Asylum 2, The City of Metronome, Limbo, Hydrophobia, Gray Matter, L.A. Noire, Gears 3, Mafia II, K&L2 (duh...) and that's about it.

petersjov
14th Jun 2010, 13:59
Ohhhcome on jack ?, i wanna play K&L2 while rolling infront of my tv, taking cover behind my couch, and wawing my toy gun at the tv, screamin **** you kane , ;-)

petersjov
14th Jun 2010, 14:00
on a side note, there is no point in talking about E3 yet......nothing happend yet!!! yeah natal, does not count.....not really...

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 14:02
What do you mean nothing's happening yet ? ...

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 14:04
Don't care what its called either, I'm not buying into this motion control fad anyways. I'm only interested in xbox 360 slim, The Last Guardian, Dead Space 2, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Batman: Arkham Asylum 2, The City of Metronome, Limbo, Hydrophobia, Gray Matter, L.A. Noire, Gears 3, Mafia II, K&L2 (duh...) and that's about it.

Agent , you know , the PS3 exclusive ? ...

By the way , is Hydrophobia still coming out ? it's been announced for more than two years now and is it still a retail game or just a small download only game ? ...

JackGordon
14th Jun 2010, 14:05
I like Petersjov's attitude :) He's right; Natal (f--- it, let's just keep calling it that) doesn't count.

Agent , you know , the PS3 exclusive ? ...

By the way , is Hydrophobia still coming out ? it's been announced for more than two years now and is it still a retail game or just a small download only game ? ...
Don't care about Agent. And yes, Hydrophobia is coming in August as an episodic download only.
EDIT: according to the wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrophobia_%28video_game%29) page it'll get a retail release as well. I wonder if it's still a 'Horror Action Adventure' as described on Gamespot...

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 14:09
What ? and all those E3 trailers for them games ? they're 'nothing' ? ...

ohitspatty
14th Jun 2010, 14:11
...where can I watch the show? Spike TV?

JackGordon
14th Jun 2010, 14:12
Ok, I'll rephrase: I partially like Petersjov's attitude. Specifically what he said about Natal.

True, the pre-E3 trailers are 'something'.

@ohitspatty: they'll stream on Gamespot (http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/?tag=masthead%3Btitle) (where I'll be watching) and other gaming websites.

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 14:19
Probably on Gametrailer's too , but Gamespot seems to work better for me (last year anywya) ...

JackGordon
14th Jun 2010, 14:24
^ Exactly.

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 14:36
A couple of opinions based on recent E3 trailers ...

Killzone 3 ... whoa , snow , and that's it ? ... it'll be a miracle if the story and ending will be as good as the previous one , so i'm not totally excited about this one ...

The Force Unleashed 2 , the idea of the plot it seems to be going resembles that of a simple cash in , the new screenshots are pretty , but so were those for the first game , and we all know how different it looked when we actaully get to 'play' it ... besides , two lightsabers instead of one ain't going to change much in terms of gameplay , we'll still press the same button for 'attack' anywya ...

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood ... OH MY GOD GAME OF THE YEAR ... strangely enough i'm excited for this , but not for New Vegas , you could call me biased but fact remains that if New Vegas is going to offer new quests for yet another 'no personnality' character , why didn't they just add it for the kid from vault 101 ? ...

Edit :

Boydcount , surprisingly generic for Black's spiritual successor , i'm disapointed ...

Dead Space 2 , there's no reason why this will fail ...

Toy Story 3 , there's Zurg in it for the PS3 version , which makes it a instant game of the year ...

petersjov
14th Jun 2010, 15:12
well, i only watch the joystiq site, and gametrailers....plat.tm

So kinect(natal) was shown....im buying it for my wife, if its any good ;-)

The pre-e3 trailers are.....well stupid, bored - except the K&L one he he, why do the show pre-e3 stuff ?, lets get some gameplay, and all the juice stuff from e3 enstead ;-)

...ohhh body count - thats a meeh, kind of disapointed too ;-)

petersjov
14th Jun 2010, 15:17
OOhhh pre-e3 the re-launch of xcom movie got me hyped a little, if you watch it closely and se the way the enemy move, GREAT, and the splatter is very nice !!

guess pre-e3 videos are not all bad....

JackGordon
14th Jun 2010, 15:27
Killzone 3 ... whoa , snow , and that's it ? ... it'll be a miracle if the story and ending will be as good as the previous one , so i'm not totally excited about this one ...
You're joking, right? Killzone 2 had practically no story. Oh and Killzone 3 needs to kill off Rico right at the start (preferably during the intro cutscene).

Dead Space 2 , there's no reason why this will fail ...
Multiplayer + story.

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 15:39
You're joking, right? Killzone 2 had practically no story. Oh and Killzone 3 needs to kill off Rico right at the start (preferably during the intro cutscene).

Well i loved it , for a simple shooter was pretty good and the ending is one my favorites in video games , and Rico is not such a ******* as you all seem to think he is ...

His actions were even more justifiable if you played the first Killzone (and to some extent , know the story of the PSP game) ...

As for Dead Space 2 , don't play the multiplayer , just like how i didn't for Bioshock 2 ...
And the story ? does it really sound that bad ? ...
Besides it's not like if it was the story in the first Dead Space that made it so good ...

ohitspatty
14th Jun 2010, 15:52
Hopefully there will more info on MGS Rising.

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 15:58
And Castlevenia while we're at it ...

JackGordon
14th Jun 2010, 17:20
@grievous: I did play the first Killzone (which I thought was rubbish, but doesn't matter. To each his own.) and Liberation (which I liked very, very much). Rico is just an extremely annoying character, even more so than Cole (Gears) => kill him.

JackGordon
14th Jun 2010, 17:45
Gamespot streaming is not working for me this time... Damn it. Anyone else having troubles with the player?

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 18:06
The first Killzone , gameplay wise was meh at best , not going to argue with that ...

But Rico ... it's his whole image of "i got a big gun and i'm going to blow your face up!" put into this dramatic situation that makes all the tragedy of it ...

His whole squad gets killed , and he was the sole survivor , he has a profound hatred for the Helghast and he gets teamed up with a special task force and is forced to work with a "half breed" , throughout the game he is constantly stating his displeasure , nevertheless in the end he seems to get along with this half breed a bit better ...

Then there was the events of Liberation which resparked his hatred towards the Helghast ...

And now Killzone 2 ... bringing the pain to the Helghast homeworld ... Rico finally gets to unleash his cathartic furry ...

Well that's until half of his squad gets taken hostage by the Helghast , he's hatred feeded again ...
That anger didn't fully consummed him however , he did leave the Helghan train conductor alive ...
Then him and Sev finally tracks down their squad mates , but Rico is getting impatient , yes he is not a perfect character , yes , he suppose to embodie this simplistic twelve year old kid's rage , he had to let his fury go ...

So he did something stupid and starts shooting , Garza end up paying for it ...

As if that wasn't enough the Helghan pulls out a full on assault on the ISA starships , Rico closest friend Templar , dies (and i still can't ******* believe it) ...
And while Templar did ensured that his starship falls and destroys the Helghast's defense system , to Rico , Templar did died in vain , despite Sev telling him otherwise ...

Now all Sev wants to do is to kill everything on sight , even Natko , the shotgun wielding hillbilly , is not comfortable with Rico's rage ...

Rico took Jan Templar's death too deeply , that ISA guy who mocked Jan by saying that he died for nothing ? Rico beats him to death , he doesn't approve with the truth , he can't deal with the idea that his friend , the war hero , would die for nothing ...

Finally they all fought their way to Visari's palace , the mission is now supposed to be complete , Visari is now captured , the war is suppose to be over , Jan's death would not be in vain ...

But then Visari goes on to say that his capture would mean nothing , even his death would not make the Helghan steps down , the will and power of his people cannot be taken over by the ISA's brute force ...
"Too many people have died" remarked Sev and indeed , as Visari would say , more Will Die ...

And Rico , the dumb brute with the big gun , does not understand this , and cannot cope with it ...

So he shoots Visari ...

Afterall if his death will not change anything to this futile war , might as well unload that last ammount of hatred in him on this old man , who speaks of things he himself probably do not understand ...

Months before i played Killzone 2 i was spoiled by the ending , i was told that Rico would cause Garza to die and kill Visari himself , and having played Killzone , i kind of would expect Rico to do this so ... willingly ... like with a smile on his face ...
Then i played the game and saw that Rico was not happy , indeed , he didn't smile over Visari's corpse , he was disgusted by the whole situation , and he then sits in the corner and ... i wouldn't be surprised if he shoots himself one day ...

He is not the bloodthirsty gorilla dumb bastard people seem to hate him for , but rather that big tough guy that is put into a situation that is beyond his comprehension , indeed , Rico is a dumb bastard , but that's what also makes him into such a dramatic character ...

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 18:08
Gamespot streaming is not working for me this time... Damn it. Anyone else having troubles with the player?

Gamespot won't even load up , hopefully they'll fix this by Sony's conference , hehe ...

Gamtrailers however , the screen is lagging , real bad , but the sound is good ...

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 18:23
So far it's rather boring isn't it ? ...

Black Ops looks alright , i expected more from Treyarch ...
Rising ... i would like to see the footage in higher quality ...
And now Kinect and watching Sports channels in HD ? ...

Is that all they got ? ...

And how many times do they have to repeat "xbox" ? ...

Edit :

Oh my ******* god what the **** was that kinetic animal stuff with that Tiger playing with a digital looking girl ?!!!?! ...

JackGordon
14th Jun 2010, 18:45
Kinect is retarded... During the voice recognition demo I was waiting for Ron to say "Xbox, ****", only for it to highlight Justin Bieber.

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 18:56
This is ridiculous , they have a conference FOR Kinect tomorrow , why are they showing so much of it in the 360's conference ? they'll have nothing else to show tomorrow lmao ...

A new Xbox Model ? that was leaked a day ago ? that's their biggest news ? ...
And this guys is such a dumbass , he literrally asks for more applause ? ...

JackGordon
14th Jun 2010, 19:52
Free Xbox 360 Slim for all those there who can afford it! Yay!
Yeah, that's pretty mean indeed... Remember that one youtube clip of that kid who's parents stuffed clothes inside an x360 cardboard box and gave it to him for christmas? He should be getting one now. Poor lad.

You know what's funny though?
Original PS3: shiny black, PS3 slim: matte black.
Original 360 Elite: matte black, 360 slim: shiny black.

Anyways, I will be getting one though... I'm a sucker for slim editions. Besides, I NEED a 250gig hdd.

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 19:56
Or you could buy the 500GB PS3 console ...

It's not like if the 'exclusive' games are looking that good anywya , both PS3 and 360 exclusive i mean ...

JackGordon
14th Jun 2010, 20:00
I'll buy a 5TB laptop harddrive for PS3 when they're available, thank you.

Well, Gears 3 looks ok. I'm afraid the story won't go anywhere with those lambents... Gameplay looks fine and 4-player co-op can be great fun!

I'm not a Halo fan, like, at all. So, it's just Gears 3 for me...

I'll wait and see what EA's conference has to show besides their horrible punishment for the second hand market.

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 20:11
But i wanna play Gears of War on mah PS3 , why isn't this happening ?!!!?! ...

Seriously though i amaze myself sometimes why i bought a PS3 if i don't really give a damn for the exclusives it has ...

EA's conference is fifty minutes away ! ...
It's bound to be a lot more exciting than Microsoft's anywya ...

Edit : check out IO's remark on Microsoft's press conference on Twitter ...
It's funny ...

http://twitter.com/iointeractive

JackGordon
14th Jun 2010, 20:46
^ Whahaha, spot on! :D

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 21:06
Kinect costs how MUCH ?! ...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=251256

JackGordon
14th Jun 2010, 21:16
No thank you. Once again: controller for me. I've been using one since the late 80's/early 90's, why suddenly change?

Dead Space 2 looks GREAT. BUT, once again, enemies pop up whenever you expect them too...

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 21:26
Go tell that to the idiot with a beard and wears sunglasses all the time ...

HOLY LYNCH MORE DEAD SPACE TOMORROW !! ...

Edit : Must be because it was just a demo , but the game looks like it's missing the 'exploration' aspect ...

Edit 2 : Bad Company gets a expansion pack ? ...

That's revolutionary ! ...

Also , nice to see Peter Moore again ... i just like his face ...

Edit 3 : did i just saw a quote from Leonardo Da Vinci in a sports game's trailer ? ...

JackGordon
14th Jun 2010, 21:46
Go tell that to the idiot with a beard and wears sunglasses all the time ...
Yes, whot a ****.

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 22:17
The skyscraper falling down was nice , but for Crysis 2 i was expecting something more like this :

You charge up your armor , run towards some robot , grab it through its neck , and then you jump out of a window allwhile punching the crap out of this robot before crashing down into a nearby's skyscrapers window and continue both the robot and you continue to punch each other before you deal a deadly blow and crash into one of the many taxis in the street ...

I mean i was expecting something more than just another blow stuff up shooter with scripted events , anywya ...

And what the hell is Cliff Blezinski going to **** up now ? ...

JackGordon
14th Jun 2010, 22:27
Yes... Bulletstorm will be one of those stupid 'game of the week' fads. I mean, just look at it, such generic macho bull****...

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 22:35
That slow motion thing looks confusing , as if shooting directly at the enemy wasn't easier ...

Oh and The Old Republic ...
WHAT THE **** ARE THEY THINKING ?!!? ...

Why are they consentrating their efforts on making these long CG trailers instead on Improving the game's ugly graphics ? ...
Does the "show CG footage to fool the audience" trick still works in these days ? ...

And don't tell me that this one is different / uses the force's mind trick ! ...

Brackstone17
14th Jun 2010, 23:33
Ugly graphics is understandable, but you know what isn't? It not being on the 360. Kotor earned half it's fame from the Xbox and left a bunch of unfinished plot threads, then they just jump over to another system. I hate it. I hate just about everything Lucasarts has done since Republic Commando and that doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon.

GrievousOdyssey
15th Jun 2010, 00:06
IN THE NAME OF !! ...

And i thought i was like one in a million who played Republic Commandos ! ...

That was The **** ! ...
That , the Jedi Knight series and Star Wars Battlefront (the first one only) ...

And to some extent Lego Star Wars ...

Now we've got to content with Republic Heroes ! ...

Great ! ...

By the way Ubisoft's conference is live ...

Brackstone17
15th Jun 2010, 00:14
Wow, someone else that finally agrees that the second Battlefront sucked. I never thought I'd see the day.

Also don't forget that we have to still contend with the mediocrity train that is The Force Unleashed series.

joe the janitor
15th Jun 2010, 00:46
It's something like over one hour in the Ubisoft conference, and they have announced Shawn White Skateboarding, some laser tag game (no, I'm not kidding, it's laser tag, not even a video game, the game just keeps score), and a game where you breath in and out to keep level on some sort of line called. The game in called Innergy.

I'm watching this on G4

JackGordon
15th Jun 2010, 01:02
Seriously, enough with this motion control ****! Thank you, Nintendo, for ruining video games.
So far, E3 is a huge disappointment for me. X360 slim (which I knew was coming anyways), Dead Space 2 and Gears 3 looked great, that's all.

Sony better not spend 90% of their conference talking about their motion control rubbish...

Brackstone17
15th Jun 2010, 01:37
So far E3 can be summed up like this for me:

E3: Halo Reach!
Me: :D
E3: Motion Controls!
Me: :(
E3: Gears of War 3!
Me: :D
E3: 3d Capabilities!
Me: :(

Repeat 10 times replacing game names as necessary.

joe the janitor
15th Jun 2010, 01:57
I really don't care for gears 3. I thought it was weird that well wearing something like 100 pounds of gear Marcus manages to run even faster then before. I really like how it seems to be boiling down to mindless action with no tactics. Although I could be totally wrong because that was only like one minute of gameplay.

GrievousOdyssey
15th Jun 2010, 02:00
Wow, someone else that finally agrees that the second Battlefront sucked. I never thought I'd see the day.

Also don't forget that we have to still contend with the mediocrity train that is The Force Unleashed series.

Hell yeah the second Battlefield sucked ! damn , you wouldn't believe how much everyone looked at me like a loony when i was stating my displeasure in the forums ...

The graphics were uglier , the gameplay was too easy and the A.I. follows one simple route everytime , and people call the game "hard" , i almost pulled my hair out ...

Luckily though , after fully playing the game in six days (had reached the rank of general i think) my PS2 SCRATCHED The Disc ...
I was almost happy , disapointed that my brand new game was now broken , but still , even my PS2 knew i didn't liked this game , marvelous ! ...

As for the Force Unleashed ... well yeah , the quality is still mediocre , and the sequel doesn't look any better ... but they're still 'better' than the games based on that fugly Clone Wars (hey , if it was based on Gendy Tartarkovosky's Clone Wars from 2003 , i wouldn't complain) ...

Anywya , Ubisoft press conference ...

Brotherhood looks like Game of the Year , so Dog Days better get delayed a year ...
Don't understand that spoiler they had to put in , though ...

Ghost Recon ... looks too damn easy , and the graphics weren't all that impressive to back it up ...

Driver ... lacks style ... finally we get a first person view when driving a car , but the city , the graphics , the chase scene ... it looks worst than Parallel Lines , and if this is all Ubisoft has to offer i think the Driver franchise should have stayed with Atari ...

Project Dust ... could be interesting / original ...

Rayman ... oh yeah , five people working on this game , that explains alot ...
Is it so hard to make a Rayman 4 ? without them Rabbids ? ...

Anywya , did i missed anything ? ...

Yes , i'm totally going to ignore that host ... actually no , Joel McHale , please someone call 47 , i don't care if we'll see Joel ever again , but if he even force himself to make jokes in real life it'll be for the common good of society if he shuts up for good ...

Brackstone17
15th Jun 2010, 02:02
With Gears 3 I'm waiting to see what they will do with the whole convergent plot idea. It sounded like a cool addition to the series.

Grievous reminded me of something in another topic, IO's third project. Do you think we might here from it at E3? Some hints were dropped around here a while ago that sounded like a new LoK game to me, but then things went real quiet just when I was getting interested.

GrievousOdyssey
15th Jun 2010, 02:11
I don't think so , IO Eidos and Square Enix must be heavily concentrating and marketing on Dog Days now , they can't afford to bring up a new game "unlike anything else" ...

Can they ? ...

Brackstone17
15th Jun 2010, 02:18
They could drop a teaser at the least I think. Besides, Epic announced Bulletstorm and Gears 3 pretty close together, it actually happens a good amount come to think of it. All this is wishful thinking of course.

Also Force Unleashed 2 looks like the writing staff spent way too much time watching daytime soap operas. The plot looks as fresh as 3 month old yogurt. And it's really making me wish they'd release another star wars game where you don't have to be a jedi. Those were the best ones, like Battlefront 1 for example. The moment they made jedi playable, I lost a lot of interest.

ohitspatty
15th Jun 2010, 02:31
Wasn't there a Gears of War clone coming out for PS3 this year? Anyway, I'm only half excited for MGS Rising...it's going to be so different, they should have just went with "Metal Gear Rising" title.

Brackstone17
15th Jun 2010, 02:34
Wasn't there a Gears of War clone coming out for PS3 this year? Anyway, I'm only half excited for MGS Rising...it's going to be so different, they should have just went with "Metal Gear Rising" title.
Quantum Theory?

ohitspatty
15th Jun 2010, 03:02
Yeah, I believe so. It looks lame to me but I'm sure people will jump on the wagon...

GrievousOdyssey
15th Jun 2010, 15:16
They could drop a teaser at the least I think. Besides, Epic announced Bulletstorm and Gears 3 pretty close together, it actually happens a good amount come to think of it. All this is wishful thinking of course.

Also Force Unleashed 2 looks like the writing staff spent way too much time watching daytime soap operas. The plot looks as fresh as 3 month old yogurt. And it's really making me wish they'd release another star wars game where you don't have to be a jedi. Those were the best ones, like Battlefront 1 for example. The moment they made jedi playable, I lost a lot of interest.

Yes and no , because even if IO do drop a teaser on their secret project , you know what's going to be the first thing that comes out of people's mind ? ...

" What ? Still No New Hitman ? Fail ! " ...

First Dog Days , then they should complete Hitman and tease their secret project at next year's E3 ...

Oh and agree , it was the killstreaks and the ability to play as Jedis that made Battlefront 2 too easy ...

Don't know about the ones that came out on the PSP though ...
The last one in particular seemed to have a actual 'storyline' ...

And don't get me started on the plot of Force Unleashed 2 ...
I mean wtf is Starkiller going to do this time ? destroy a entire planet using the Force ? ...

Yeah, I believe so. It looks lame to me but I'm sure people will jump on the wagon...

Quantum Theory was suppose to be a PS3 exclusive , which at that time making Gears clone was nice for playstation owners ...

Then it became multiplatform , which i still don't know the reasonning behind it ...

While the game looks generic , the idea of climbing moving towers allwhile shooting down enemies is quite neat , with the scenery changing constantly and all ... so who knows ...

Edit : Worth a read ...

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/e3-2010-why-microsoft-has-literally-lost-its-grip-on-reality/a-2010061594645155099

chaoticd
15th Jun 2010, 15:21
Quantum Theory was suppose to be a PS3 exclusive , which at that time making Gears clone was nice for playstation owners ...

Then it became multiplatform , which i still don't know the reasonning behind it ...

want to know the reason? Im being completly serious, i emailed the developers.... They made "Quantum" (changed name) multiplatform because they were outraged with how many xbox players told them it was a gears of war clone and that its the ps3 gears, that the company decided to make it multiplatform to shut the xbox community up. dead serious.

GrievousOdyssey
15th Jun 2010, 15:25
Wut ? ...

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING ...

As if 360 owners will buy Quantum with Gears of War 3 around the corner ...

But , no , this is just ... whoa ...

Alright , the game sucks ...

JackGordon
15th Jun 2010, 17:34
Ok, 3DS was pretty sweet. Donkey Kong Country Returns and Epic Mickey also. Not too impressed with the new Zelda...

Overal, I think Nintendo's conference was pretty good. And now watch as Sony will reveal the PSP3D :p That would be the stake through Nintendo's heart, wouldn't it?

GrievousOdyssey
15th Jun 2010, 18:03
Pretty sweet ? is that all ? ...

The Nintendo 3DS is The Next Big Thing , it's ******* revolutioannary ...

This is easily the best Nintendo Conference in the past three or four years , i don't know if it had something to do with the 'smilling lady' no show or not , but hot damn , the 3DS is outstanding !

I mean you can even take pictures and it will show it in 3D ! do you have any idea how grand this sounds ? It's downright Epic ! (while we're at it Epic Mickey looks incredibly generic for such a 'epic project' it was pretending to be) ...

So far the biggest news of E3 are ...

I ... Bad Company 2 gets a expansion ... i repeat , an FPS gets a Expansion , not just a DLC , but a 'Expansion' ...

II ... The Nintendo 3DS , the Revolution that puts everything else to shame ...

III ... A Good , if not Very Good press confenrence from Nintendo ...

chaoticd
15th Jun 2010, 18:24
Pretty sweet ? is that all ? ...

The Nintendo 3DS is The Next Big Thing , it's ******* revolutioannary ...

This is easily the best Nintendo Conference in the past three or four years , i don't know if it had something to do with the 'smilling lady' no show or not , but hot damn , the 3DS is outstanding !

I mean you can even take pictures and it will show it in 3D ! do you have any idea how grand this sounds ? It's downright Epic ! (while we're at it Epic Mickey looks incredibly generic for such a 'epic project' it was pretending to be) ...

So far the biggest news of E3 are ...

I ... Bad Company 2 gets a expansion ... i repeat , an FPS gets a Expansion , not just a DLC , but a 'Expansion' ...

II ... The Nintendo 3DS , the Revolution that puts everything else to shame ...

III ... A Good , if not Very Good press confenrence from Nintendo ...

i have to say that nintendo did an amazing job i didnt predict possible. i cant wait to see what sony has up there sleave seeing as i know about ALOT of stuff there planning i cant talk about. I know for a fact that if they present it all correctly, it will bring microsofts presentation to shame and give nintendos a run for its money.

JackGordon
15th Jun 2010, 18:29
Grievous, don't get overexcited. They will release at least 4 different versions of the 3DS with minor upgrades within a two year period. Unless they play their cards right...

So yeah, I'll use pretty sweet for now to describe the 3DS.

GrievousOdyssey
15th Jun 2010, 18:41
Nooooooooooooooooooooo ...

Wait a second , what did Chaoticd meant when he said he can't talk about the stuff going on at Sony ? ...

*preparing the Torture Chamber* ...

JackGordon
15th Jun 2010, 18:52
*calls Liam Neeson*

GrievousOdyssey
15th Jun 2010, 18:54
*picking up Daniel Day Lewis for backup* ...

JackGordon
15th Jun 2010, 19:12
*resurrecting Uncle Buck.* (just in case...)

Killzone 3 looks FUN! :)

I think Sony just won E3. Steam on PS3 + Portal 2, gentlemen.

I'm a bit mad about the Mafia II PS3 exclusive missions. Platform exclusive content for multiplatform games is not the way to go...
And, no Last Guardian? :( I'm sad, really.

chaoticd
15th Jun 2010, 20:57
*resurrecting Uncle Buck.* (just in case...)

Killzone 3 looks FUN! :)

I think Sony just won E3. Steam on PS3 + Portal 2, gentlemen.

I'm a bit mad about the Mafia II PS3 exclusive missions. Platform exclusive content for multiplatform games is not the way to go...
And, no Last Guardian? :( I'm sad, really.

hehe. not only mafia 2 exclusives, but dead space 2 and medal of honor. i was really surprised they didnt show more on motorstorm apocalypse, last guardian, and ahhh... nevermind.

GrievousOdyssey
15th Jun 2010, 21:05
As delighted as i am seeing those PS3 exclusivity (trophies for Frontline and Extraction and FREE mafia II content , marvelous ! not sure if the Brotherhood content is going to be free as well , but anywya , marvelous !) and watching Gabe Newell on stage , i must say , it's time to revisit this very educational video ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oou3IudIoC0&feature=player_embedded

Edit : no Agent ? shame on you Sony ...
But anywya ...
PS3 RULEZ ! OOHHHHHH MAAAAAAAHHHHH GGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWDDDDDDDDDDDDDD ...

JackGordon
15th Jun 2010, 21:09
Me being more of a 360 person, I must admit; $oft dropped the ball hard. Sony picked itself up and ran for the gold. Well done, absolutely well done.

And now, if you'll all excuse me, I'm going to go cry in a corner by myself because there was no new Last Guardian news. As of yet.

GrievousOdyssey
15th Jun 2010, 21:13
You're going to cry in a corner for game that can only have two possible endings ? ...

Seriously though i don't think the Last Guardian is the type of game you would want to watch previews anywya ... isn't it suppose to be the kind of game where it remains a brand new experience from beginning to end ? ...

JackGordon
15th Jun 2010, 21:27
Good point. I'm just a gigantic ICO & Shadow of the Colossus fan, you see? I would give my left nut to see some Last Guardian gameplay ;)

GrievousOdyssey
15th Jun 2010, 21:46
That's a rather scarry image ...

Even Lynch in his underwears weren't that scary ...

ohitspatty
15th Jun 2010, 22:05
I was all excited for nothing? the Last Guardian was like the only thing I wanted to see happen but if it's not on E3 chances are it's still far in the production...

Also I'm pleased with Sony this year. ...but um what's "Shaun White Skateboarding" lol

GrievousOdyssey
15th Jun 2010, 22:11
I'm guessing you did Not see Ubisoft's confenrence yesterday ...

The horror ... The Horror ...

ohitspatty
15th Jun 2010, 22:15
I haven't actually seen any of them lol
I'm just reading reports on things that interest me.
For example the Nintendo 3DS sounds so awesome but it's not my thing so I'm more intersted with stuff from Sony and such. But yeah I didn't know Shaun was a good skateboarder enough to have his chain of videogames.

Doesn't that guy have chain of clothes in Target?

chaoticd
15th Jun 2010, 22:17
I haven't actually seen any of them lol
I'm just reading reports on things that interest me.
For example the Nintendo 3DS sounds so awesome but it's not my thing so I'm more intersted with stuff from Sony and such. But yeah I didn't know Shaun was a good skateboarder enough to have his chain of videogames.

Doesn't that guy have chain of clothes in Target?

sony did great. and their was a ton of humor. KEVIN BUTLER CAME ON STAGE

GrievousOdyssey
15th Jun 2010, 22:27
And he put Kinect to SHAME ...

Brackstone17
15th Jun 2010, 22:29
So, Goldeneye remake. Anyone else angry that they replaced Brosnan?

chaoticd
15th Jun 2010, 22:30
And he put Kinect to SHAME ...

that was halarious. last month, i talked to my friends and they were telling me how much better kinect was to the move... LOL, i cant wait to see there reactions when they see those vids. expecially seeing all the negative talk about kinect online due to MS horrid E3 performance.

GrievousOdyssey
15th Jun 2010, 22:31
I'm actually more Confused than angry ...

I mean if they got Daniel Craig on this then he must have agreed , but then ... why ? ... just because He's the new James Bond ? and they feared that no one will remember Pierce Brosnan ? ...

I don't get it ...

Furthermore ...
Wii exclusive ? ...

Edit : And Kinect is just a shame to itself already , you don't even need GamesRadar to point out how stupid it all looks like so far ...

Brackstone17
15th Jun 2010, 22:34
Yeah, I mean Goldeneye is Brosnan's thing. They didn't put Brosnan into that From Russia With Love game a few years back, so why the hell are they doing this.

Also weren't they casting a new James Bond specifically for games a while back? Why didn't they use that fellow. I'll be honest, I would have preferred anyone over Daniel Craig.

ohitspatty
15th Jun 2010, 23:54
Kinect is so not worth the price tag. Anyone here getting it?

Brackstone17
16th Jun 2010, 01:11
Yeah, Kinect looks pretty useless. A lot of E3 seemed very, well, not new at all. The biggest disappointment so far has been Medal of Honor. It looks EXACTLY like CoD. And here was I expecting MoH to do to CoD what Dead Space did to Resident Evil.

chaoticd
16th Jun 2010, 02:08
Yeah, Kinect looks pretty useless. A lot of E3 seemed very, well, not new at all. The biggest disappointment so far has been Medal of Honor. It looks EXACTLY like CoD. And here was I expecting MoH to do to CoD what Dead Space did to Resident Evil.

i personally think medal of honor stands out, and keep in mind it was started in production before black ops.

Brackstone17
16th Jun 2010, 02:44
Oh, I know it was started before Blackops, but from the multiplayer video it honestly looked like CoD to me. And I hate CoD, so it's kind of a let down.

Cyniad
16th Jun 2010, 08:38
So, Goldeneye remake. Anyone else angry that they replaced Brosnan?

Me, it's a shame.

UhUh
16th Jun 2010, 10:49
Kinect is so not worth the price tag. Anyone here getting it?

If it's around 150$ as rumored, it's not that expensive, unlike Move it's all inclusive and you can use it for two players(I don't think it works for more).
Move is around 50$ for the dildo, plus 30$ for the pad, so 80$ for player plus the 30$ camera. So all together is around 130$ for 1 player, but considering there's some games that requires two dildos you have to add 50$ and might aswell take another pad at this point and play with another guy/gal.

We'll see the final Kinect price, but for what we know now it's a better deal.

The problem with all this stuff is that's mostly usless for traditional gaming, flailing around your arms for hours doesn't look like fun for me; like the wii, it works for casual gaming, and unless there's some smart developer that can make some intresting short game for these things(think portal, flower...) it's completly usless for me.

The 3ds looks intresting, we'll see how's the battery life, aside from that it's the same old nintendo remakes, kill them already ffs.

GrievousOdyssey
16th Jun 2010, 12:18
A lot of E3 seemed very, well, not new at all.

Indeed , practically everything that was shown in the conferences were already 'more or less' expected (except that Expansion pack for Bad Company 2 , that came out of nowhere) ...

There wasn't any big surprising reveal , that's for sure ...

Then again , Nintendo won the best of the conferences , that's unexpected ...

Brackstone17
16th Jun 2010, 13:52
Well even with Nintendo it was a matter of "hey, you remember those franchises we own, well they're back!". I know that's what a lot of it was but, let's be honest, those games are banking on their name more than the gameplay whereas at least things like Killzone and Gears are adding some cool new features.

GrievousOdyssey
16th Jun 2010, 13:52
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/116072897.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1276697100&Signature=pHsFw5G4%2BEj8tnuKcPSIohpcCMw%3D

Edit : But even though Killzone and Gears are adding these 'cool new features' ... they still look , well , not mindblowing ...

Brackstone17
16th Jun 2010, 13:56
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/116072897.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1276697100&Signature=pHsFw5G4%2BEj8tnuKcPSIohpcCMw%3D

Edit : But even though Killzone and Gears are adding these 'cool new features' ... they still look , well , not mindblowing ...
He looks like he's about to direct air traffic.

petersjov
17th Jun 2010, 17:31
I will be giving my love to the reboot of excom, that some sweet gameplay, and i liked the stuff the showed from driver ;-) at e3

GrievousOdyssey
17th Jun 2010, 17:52
He looks like he's about to direct air traffic.

Hey where did that picture went ? ...

and i liked the stuff the showed from driver ;-) at e3

Driver looked disapointing , 'ok' graphics is one thing , but the game clearly lacks a style of its own ...
I do like how there's finally one sandbox game out there that has a first person camera while driving but apart from that , the city , the plot , the idea that you can switch cars randomly ... it doesn't look like it's shaping into something great ...

Killzone 3 looks like Killzone 2.5 , which is embarassing ...

Another thing i was disapointed (at least that i remember of) was Bodycount , which is suppose to be the spiritual successor of "Black" ...
Doesn't look like it now does it ? ...

petersjov
18th Jun 2010, 06:48
I had a second look at Bodycount, and the destruction looks nice, i like it when you can shoot of even small thing in the envioment, and there was some nice moving round the terrain, but....its to eary to show, and all the gameplay parts does not "fit" together - anyway i would love to have play the bad ass with the mini gun, and the face paint

UhUh
18th Jun 2010, 07:16
I do like how there's finally one sandbox game out there that has a first person camera while driving

FarCry2?

GrievousOdyssey
18th Jun 2010, 11:56
Dude you just *****ed slapped me by throwing back one of my favorite games at my face ! ...

Ah but i see ! what i meant was a first person camera while driving in a City ...

UhUh
18th Jun 2010, 12:10
test drive unlimited? :D

alright wasn't much of a metropoly.

Vulture
20th Jun 2010, 16:16
this e3 sucked.
not even one game for my taste announced :(

JackGordon
20th Jun 2010, 16:56
I agree, Vulture. It was pretty meh after all.