PDA

View Full Version : Transgenics

Decard
13th Jun 2010, 09:42
I am truly surprised by the lack of discussion about transgenics. Merely a two threads (about aliens) buried somewhere in the basement. I'm dissapoint.
So, anyway, I hope some of the genetic freaks from previous games will make a comeback. Can someone from the dev team shed some light on the subject? Rene, are you still with us?

Irate_Iguana
13th Jun 2010, 10:45
So, anyway, I hope some of the genetic freaks from previous games will make a comeback. Can someone from the dev team shed some light on the subject? Rene, are you still with us?

Transgenics were being developed by Versalife. They seemed to be the only company actually working on it. They did use some of the older data gathered during the Dreamland experiments, but according to the e-mails those have been on the shelf for a very long time. The Greasels, Karkians and even Grays were all developed by Versalife. I don't think any company in HR would be working on it.

Daedalus CiarĂ¡n
13th Jun 2010, 11:50
Transgenics were being developed by Versalife. They seemed to be the only company actually working on it. They did use some of the older data gathered during the Dreamland experiments, but according to the e-mails those have been on the shelf for a very long time. The Greasels, Karkians and even Grays were all developed by Versalife. I don't think any company in HR would be working on it.

I dunno, I wouldn't be surprised if EM just said, "Hey, transgenics would be cool, let's put that in! We can make some really cool monsters to shoot to bits and it'll be accessible... I'm sorry, what? Continuity? But, but the industry... moved on... mature... accessible."

I don't remember when i became bitter and cynical about this game. Such a gradual change... Transgenics shouldn't be in the DX:HR, we can be certain on that.

super...
13th Jun 2010, 12:35
while i'm nostalgic for transgenics and would be happy to see them in the game. the very little we have seen of DxHr shows they have a very nice plausible look to the tech. Some wild looking transgenic could break that style.

what i'm wondering is if the kind of game play transgenics offer is even useful in the game. they are mostly short range or strictly melee combatants. they have said melee combat in the game is mostly a reward for getting so close to an enemy (it's not challenging to take down an enemy in melee, the challenge is getting there because all enemies have guns.)

not saying that is a bad thing just wondering about it.

Destroyerzero
13th Jun 2010, 12:49
I guess thats a big :( for all the greasel, karkian and grays fans.

If they don't put them in, I wonder if they will put in more bots. I wonder how medbots/repair bots will look like...and if they still run away from you when you try to combat knife them. That was cute. ^_^

Sushi...Scientist
13th Jun 2010, 14:32
Hopefully this will reveal the origins of the grays ...

Bevacur
13th Jun 2010, 15:40
There's aliens in Deus Ex?

Sushi...Scientist
13th Jun 2010, 16:19
The grays were apparently transgenics that had used donor DNA from apes or the kind. They were developed by MJ12 as shock troopers perhaps to utilize the myth of aliens on Earth. They had a kind of mental blast or radiation wave attack and their habitat was unsafe to humans because of the radiation levels. In the sequel, the transgenics had several different family members who were designed for leading, fighting, communication with humans and so forth. The more advanced cousins befriended JC in Deus Ex Invisible war and could aid JC's quest.

Irate_Iguana
13th Jun 2010, 19:03
The grays were apparently transgenics that had used donor DNA from apes or the kind.

Cows actually. They used genetic sequences made from bovines.

Decard
13th Jun 2010, 19:07
The grays were apparently transgenics that had used donor DNA from apes or the kind.

Grays were cloned. They used alien dna recovered from roswell crash site.

JCpies
13th Jun 2010, 19:09
while i'm nostalgic for transgenics and would be happy to see them in the game. the very little we have seen of DxHr shows they have a very nice plausible look to the tech. Some wild looking transgenic could break that style.

Like a bed with about six arms moving pretty fast putting some augmented arms together? lol.

Ilves
13th Jun 2010, 19:14
Actually (http://images-cdn01.associatedcontent.com/image/A2720/272023/300_272023.jpg)... Well, not quite there I guess.

JCpies
13th Jun 2010, 20:35
Actually (http://images-cdn01.associatedcontent.com/image/A2720/272023/300_272023.jpg)... Well, not quite there I guess.

Okay! Okay! I believe I believe! You can put me back down now!