PDA

View Full Version : batman arkham asylum crash at startup (STEAM)

recaro15
11th Jun 2010, 18:54
got a new graphics card for the game, when i installed the graphics card, the game loaded fine and everything started playing but i had no sound. after hours of research i finally fixed the sound and now it wont load. i've updated it on steam, and all my drivers and sound cards and when i start it i see the screen where it shows play, settings, view readme file etc. and when i hit play it just shows on my mouse cursor that its loading but nothing happens. this is getting annoying. i've tried damn near everything.

i know my pc can run it
amd athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 4600+ 2.40 ghz
3.00 gb ram
32- bit

graphics: GeForce GT 240 1gb

any suggestions? thanks in advance

quaidorsay
27th Oct 2010, 09:52
got a new graphics card for the game, when i installed the graphics card, the game loaded fine and everything started playing but i had no sound. after hours of research i finally fixed the sound and now it wont load. i've updated it on steam, and all my drivers and sound cards and when i start it i see the screen where it shows play, settings, view readme file etc. and when i hit play it just shows on my mouse cursor that its loading but nothing happens. this is getting annoying. i've tried damn near everything.

i know my pc can run it
amd athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 4600+ 2.40 ghz
3.00 gb ram
32- bit

graphics: GeForce GT 240 1gb

any suggestions? thanks in advance

Same, I got everything required, downloaded from steam, but nothing happens. I can't get into the game exactly like you. I hit play and nothing happens. I see a splash screen of Batman and his batarang but nothing else... this is so annoying. I really want to play this game!!!!

I sent eidos support an email about the problem but I think they are getting so many complaints; my email rebounded. So how the heck do WE CONTACT SUPPORT?!!!

TheSchaef
31st Oct 2010, 04:44
Same problem. Desperate for help.

Javier3131
31st Oct 2010, 23:24
I have the same problem, I really want to play this game, I too downloaded the game from steam, please someone help us, I really want to play this game and i know that my computer can run this game. Please someone help. SOS

quaidorsay
1st Nov 2010, 12:04
I have the same problem, I really want to play this game, I too downloaded the game from steam, please someone help us, I really want to play this game and i know that my computer can run this game. Please someone help. SOS

For the past week, I've removed the game, re-downloaded and re-installed 4+ times. Press play, nothing happens. This is ridiculous!!!!!!!!! Lucky I bought the game when it was on sale 66% on Steam special last week, if I payed full price I would feel so more ripped off!!!

I soooooooooo want to play this game. Nothing is happening, we aren't even getting any support from Eidos or Square Enix. I emailed them all, no reply!!

This sucks ass. How do we get our money back?!

C0rv1nuS
2nd Nov 2010, 17:29
I have this same error. Got it off of the Steam sale, freezes on startup, sometimes I can play and then it freezes. I have a high end gaming rig, tried turning off my audio card, using AMD optimizer, low graphics, etc. Nothing works. This sucks, the game is awesome but, I'd like to, you know, play it.

Darrengray9
1st Mar 2013, 18:21
Sorry to revive an old post but there are sill people with this issue and i found a solution i have not seen posted anywhere yet and i wanted to put it out there.

I just bought the game off steam a week ago. The GOTY edition. Same problem. Click play and nothing. I can play Arkham city fine so I'm pretty sure it's not GWL for me.

I have spent days trying every suggestion I've seen and nothing has worked for me.
I finally thought that something must be wrong with my bmappstart.exe file that starts the game. This file is located in:
program files/steam apps/common/batman arkham asylum GOTY/binaries
I looked around and found a no DVD cracked exe
http://gamefix.wiretarget.com/batman_arkham_asylum.htm
I used version 1 by RELOADED
This will not allow you to play without a valid key. I am in no way encouraging or facilitating piracy. What this did for me is start the game when I press play. It poped up GWL and asked for my key. It activated after I logged in with my GWL account and now the game works like it should have from the start.

What I did was renamed my bmappstart.exe and dropped in the no DVD one into the binaries folder.

I'm not sure if this post violates any rules but I hope it does not get removed as its a fix I have not seen posted before, and does not allow you to play unless you have a activation key.