PDA

View Full Version : mercy, lethal/less lethal

super...
11th Jun 2010, 10:38
have not read all the news yet. But i haven't seen any pictures of non lethal take downs or weapons. please tell me i can have a tazer aug slide out of my arm and not just a frisking knife murder aug.

AaronJ
11th Jun 2010, 11:04
What would be cooler though. Taking someone out with a crossbow dart, or watching Adam Jensen knife a guy in the back with awesome animation and cool graphics?

Irate_Iguana
11th Jun 2010, 11:16
have not read all the news yet. But i haven't seen any pictures of non lethal take downs or weapons. please tell me i can have a tazer aug slide out of my arm and not just a frisking knife murder aug.

Dugas said that there would be lethal and non-lethal takedowns. The system that they seem to have implemented is tap the mouse button for non-lethal and hold the mouse button for lethal. There are apparently ranged non-lethal options but no melee weapons with a non-lethal component.

7h30n
11th Jun 2010, 11:17

They said you can tap the button for takedown to perform non-lethal one and you can hold the button to perform gruesome lethal takedown.

Also, there are a lot of weapons specialized for non-lethal damage (tranquilizer gun/darts being one of them)

I'm gonna try to complete the game with 0 kills on first playthrough (like I did with Alpha Protocol)

Edit: Ah, Iguana beat me to it ...

super...
11th Jun 2010, 11:33
thanks buds! nice to know, love the light tap or hard hold for lethal/non lethal. sounds like a great visceral way to make that choice, could possibly lead to some "heat of the moment" regrets.

little disappointed about the lack of a melee taser aug. I like the thrill of sneaking up behind someone and shocking them. it's as fun as stabbing but with half the calories.

Sotsiak
11th Jun 2010, 13:26
thanks buds! nice to know, love the light tap or hard hold for lethal/non lethal. sounds like a great visceral way to make that choice, could possibly lead to some "heat of the moment" regrets.

little disappointed about the lack of a melee taser aug. I like the thrill of sneaking up behind someone and shocking them. it's as fun as stabbing but with half the calories.

As far as I know, you can forget about that. I read somewhere that sneaking-from-behind-while-following-him-and-then-knocking-him-out is removed.
Forgive me if I am wrong.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
11th Jun 2010, 13:47
Was it Belletete who said you can make it through the entire game without killing a single solitary soul? Or was this just a random unrelated thought from another interviewee?

Pinky_Powers
11th Jun 2010, 14:02
Was it Belletete who said you can make it through the entire game without killing a single solitary soul? Or was this just a random unrelated thought from another interviewee?

I've heard it from multiple interviews.

Irate_Iguana
11th Jun 2010, 14:04

I've read a few interviews that said that you can avoid all casualties and a few that said you can avoid all casualties but that you would still be forced into a few "boss fights". More clarification would be nice.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
11th Jun 2010, 14:06
Yeah, so many interviews/artlicles to digest lately, my memory is shorting out. I just wanted to check that it was Belletete who said it.

Pinky_Powers
11th Jun 2010, 14:16
Yeah, so many interviews/artlicles to digest lately, my memory is shorting out. I just wanted to check that it was Belletete who said it.

BelletĂȘte has a nose, and below his nose is his mouth. And it was from this he's said a few weird things that's caught my interest.