PDA

View Full Version : Tracer Tong? Who else might make a surprise Appearance?

JerichoMccoy
11th Jun 2010, 07:56
Everyone has seen the new trailer right(The newest one being from June 2010)?

Well, at 1:49 of the trailer, there is apparently A.J. on the table, being operated on by a Doctor, who says, "How do you feel, Adam? The body may heal, but the mind is not always as resilient".

There's a certain accent to this unknown accent and a thought came to mind...
Could it Tracer Tong?

Who else could Eidos Montreal bring back?

Shralla
11th Jun 2010, 08:47
That doesn't sound like Tong at all.

biofuel
11th Jun 2010, 12:31
30 million dollars plus a marketing budget for Deus Ex 3. Ok.....

The company who decides to take the original DX engine, amp it up and make a Deus Ex game very similar to the first in terms of gameplay, with some technological improvements, AI being one of them, and graphics. And then tells a Deus Ex story under those development conditions rather than wasting 30 million bucks in the manner of your typcial "blockbuster" will probably make more profit and a far, far better game than EM ever will. Word.

TrickyVein
11th Jun 2010, 12:35
Louis Pan's mom. In fact, maybe Adam will have an encounter with her (assuming consumption of alcohol or use of behavior modifying "womanizing" social augs) and spawn the cute little guy.

Angel/0A
11th Jun 2010, 12:52
Louis Pan's mom. In fact, maybe Adam will have an encounter with her (assuming consumption of alcohol or use of behavior modifying "womanizing" social augs) and spawn the cute little guy.

That would mean Louis Pan is actually either a dwarf that's older than JC, or somehow got stuck in limbo for 20-some years before being born. :o

TrickyVein
11th Jun 2010, 12:54
For the record we don't know how loose his mom was

Shralla
11th Jun 2010, 19:53
I like to pretend I know everything about a game that I've only read a twenty minute preview of and watched a three minute CGI trailer of.

I wish you people would shut up.

VectorM
11th Jun 2010, 20:19
30 million dollars plus a marketing budget for Deus Ex 3. Ok.....

The company who decides to take the original DX engine, amp it up and make a Deus Ex game very similar to the first in terms of gameplay, with some technological improvements, AI being one of them, and graphics. And then tells a Deus Ex story under those development conditions rather than wasting 30 million bucks in the manner of your typcial "blockbuster" will probably make more profit and a far, far better game than EM ever will. Word.

Your post has 0 to do with the thread. Phail m0ar.

TheYouthCounselor
12th Jun 2010, 03:23
I doubt that's Tracer, but the IGN article (http://pc.ign.com/articles/109/1096065p1.html) does mention a character named Tong present in a Shanghai bar.

I would like to see Tracer Tong, Joseph Manderlay, Bob Page, Morgan Everett, Lucius deBeers, the duClares play major roles. I would love cameos from Walton Simons, Gunther, and maybe Mr. Renton.

The formation of the NSF and UNATCO being a plot element is a must.

Jerion
12th Jun 2010, 03:37
A cameo from Mr. Renton (and maybe the then Mrs. Renton?) would be great.

TheYouthCounselor
12th Jun 2010, 05:34
Ah yes, I forgot that there was a Mrs. Renton for there to be a Sarah Renton. What a shame.

hem dazon 90
12th Jun 2010, 05:37
I would suspect there would be DX characters, but not in major roles.

I would expect to see Tracer Tong, Bob page, Walton Simons and DR Savage

pringlepower
12th Jun 2010, 06:37
i swear tracer isn't old enough. he looked like he was in his 30s-40s so he'd be about.. 10-15?
same with page and simons, but im not too sure about their ages

TheYouthCounselor
12th Jun 2010, 07:34
Tracer Tong is an unmeasurable genius. For all we know, he could be a famous child prodigy.

JerichoMccoy
12th Jun 2010, 12:53
For some reason, when I go back and play Deus Ex and get a real good look at Tracer Tong's face, it looks like he (or someone else) skin grafted a part of his face on.

http://www.planetdeusex.com/dx1/characters/human/important/hongkong/tracertong.jpg

Maybe in this prequel, we get to understand how T.Tong got his injuries from his past and maybe his knowledge and meeting of A.J. would decide whether Tong should trust the Dentons.

I'm so stuck on A.J. having some genetic connection with J.C. and Paul. It just has to be!

Seeing a young Gunther or exotic, but not-Borg-assimilated Anna Navarre would be awesome.

SquidPirate
12th Jun 2010, 20:06
I certainly don't want old characters trotted out for the sake of nostalgia. That smacks of the "Yoda knew Chewbacca!" nonsense that, in the Star Wars prequels, had the result of reducing the size of the Star Wars universe to a high school gymnasium. No, no, and no.

Having said that, the only "old characters" I would want to see should be there for purposes of the story, and not to get a rise out of fanboys. Beth duClaire and Morgan Everett and Stanton Down makes sense to have. And so does Lucius De Beers... especially him.

I don't know about anyone else, really. I can deal with a young Manderly towards the end of the game I guess.

More than anything, I want to see certain things expanded on. Leon Woods' famous "last stand" of the NSF's earliest incarnation. Things like that... which expand the storyline and fill in the the gaps.

Irate_Iguana
12th Jun 2010, 21:03
Having said that, the only "old characters" I would want to see should be there for purposes of the story, and not to get a rise out of fanboys. Beth duClaire and Morgan Everett and Stanton Down makes sense to have. And so does Lucius De Beers... especially him.

DeBeers is the only one I expect to be in the game. He headed the Illuminati for a significant time. Everett could also be in the game since he took over after DeBeers and was already important. Dowd was important in the organization, but not necessarily linked to the events in the game. Other than those I completely agree with you. No need to bring back other characters. Maybe a cameo from Carter, but that's it.

hem dazon 90
12th Jun 2010, 21:28
What about bob page? Wouldnt he be a rising star in the financial world right about where the game takes place?

Sushi...Scientist
13th Jun 2010, 14:29
Sam Carter, Morgan Everette, Beth Duclare, Jason Manderley, Bob Page, Stanton Dowd, Luminon Saman. I'm mostly interested in seeing how Saman ran the older incarnation of the Knights Templar.

Sushi...Scientist
13th Jun 2010, 15:04
Shouldn't the older NSF be in this? Juan Lebedev?
http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/File:Juan.jpg

Lady_Of_The_Vine
13th Jun 2010, 15:08
Recent interviews confirmed that there will be some cameo appearances, with the original voice actors too which is excellent. The interview did say there won't be 'tons' though... so they definitely won't be over-doing it.

Sugar and Spice
13th Jun 2010, 15:35
DeBeers is the only one I expect to be in the game.
I agree with you. He's the only character from DX that I'd love to see in HR. DeBeers was Everett's predecessor and Everett was one of the most influential characters in DX since he used to be Page's mentor. If the plot in HR is somewhat related the Illuminati, DeBeers HAS to be in it.
And even though the events in the game will lead to the creation of UNATCO, I think 2027 is too soon to show Manderley or any other member of UNATCO.

I certainly don't want old characters trotted out for the sake of nostalgia.
Couldn't have said it better. Bringing back minor characters like the Rentons would be a confession that DX was superior, just like the Star Wars prequels which introduced absurd character connections in this huge galaxy - it was like Lucas wanted to remind us they were Star Wars movies. I hope HR will be a Deus Ex game for good reasons, not because of useless characters brought back. This is a new game, I want new characters with new story arcs.

FrankCSIS
13th Jun 2010, 20:38
Being a prequel, and one somewhat pretending to be leading to the collapse, you still need to have the truly influential people present. Star Wars overdid it, but characters like Yoda and Palpatine had to be in it, and hold a center piece. As such, I'd be very surprised if DeBeers wasn't in it.

Sushi...Scientist
14th Jun 2010, 01:32
Juan Lebedev was the one who was to have swayed UNATCO Agent Paul Denton to percieve the conspiracy. I wonder what he is up to.

MaxxQ1
14th Jun 2010, 04:49
Ah yes, I forgot that there was a Mrs. Renton for there to be a Sarah Renton. What a shame.

Not to be picky, but... SANDRA Renton. ;)

Jerion
14th Jun 2010, 05:04
Juan Lebedev was the one who was to have swayed UNATCO Agent Paul Denton to percieve the conspiracy. I wonder what he is up to.

Based on his looks.... (http://img.youtube.com/vi/l1QMO5fzza0/0.jpg)He's probably in his early twenties. A cubical monkey? Student?