PDA

View Full Version : In-game virtual worlds?

Ghostface
11th Jun 2010, 03:57
Will we get in game virtual worlds? Like Matrix, Serial Experiments Lain, or Ghost in the shell? I'd really like to see that given neural implants are a reality in this game. Perhaps a virtual meeting place? I think it could be an interesting addition.

Cylinder_1024
11th Jun 2010, 05:35
Will we get in game virtual worlds? Like Matrix, Serial Experiments Lain, or Ghost in the shell? I'd really like to see that given neural implants are a reality in this game. Perhaps a virtual meeting place? I think it could be an interesting addition.

I'm with you all the way on this, one of my favorite episodes from Stand Alone Complex was CHAT! CHAT! CHAT! where a virtual chat room was used by the Major to get information.
In the DXHR trailer (@2:05) it looks as though a neural interface is being used, but to what extent we'll have to see.

hem dazon 90
11th Jun 2010, 05:51
An Altered carbon style interrogationb level would be awesome

demon boy
11th Jun 2010, 06:12
Yes. Would absolutely make a huge difference for me. I'm waiting to see what game really nails this first.

Cylinder_1024
11th Jun 2010, 06:14
An Altered carbon style interrogationb level would be awesome

Shush you! I'm only at the part where Takeshi is taking a tour of the cloning facility!
Off Topic: I just had a thought; if they make an Akira game I demand that they have a QTE where you have to press buttons to scream "TETSUUUUUUUUUUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!". :whistle: Just sayin...

demon boy
11th Jun 2010, 06:29
Shush you! I'm only at the part where Takeshi is taking a tour of the cloning facility!

It keeps getting better and better from there man.

hem dazon 90
11th Jun 2010, 06:39
Off Topic: I just had a thought; if they make an Akira game I demand that they have a QTE where you have to press buttons to scream "TETSUUUUUUUUUUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!". :whistle: Just sayin...

Indeed altered carbon and it's two sequels are amazing

Hiver
11th Jun 2010, 10:33
No theyre not. Its just futuristic macho fantasy with one guy to which the whole world bends backwards to.

Pinky_Powers
11th Jun 2010, 11:59
No theyre not. Its just futuristic macho fantasy with one guy to which the whole world bends backwards to.

Is that guy me? If so, it sounds terrific.

Ghostface
11th Jun 2010, 16:39
I'm with you all the way on this, one of my favorite episodes from Stand Alone Complex was CHAT! CHAT! CHAT! where a virtual chat room was used by the Major to get information.
In the DXHR trailer (@2:05) it looks as though a neural interface is being used, but to what extent we'll have to see.

Haha yeah thats exactly the episode i was thinking of. It was great.

Developers if youre listening, you HAVE TO include this. I think this would be one of the most memorable sequences in the game.

I havent read altered carbon yet but I've heard of it. I will def check it out.

Ghostface
11th Jun 2010, 20:53
I wish i had a better version but this is the episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFmaGmNqMXA

Cylinder_1024
14th Jun 2010, 05:07
I wish i had a better version but this is the episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFmaGmNqMXA

One of my favorites. :D