PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Competitive play: Private Games + Observer Mode?

DeIYIon
28th Mar 2014, 06:44
I think there are lot of people who see competitive potential in this game but I don't know if Psyonix want to actively support this.
I think that if they do we are going to need to see functionality for private games with observer mode. Maybe even replay potential. I think if there is going to be any sort of competitive community for Nosgoth that these additions are not only useful but an necessity.

Are there any plans to support competitive play in this respect?

Saturnity
28th Mar 2014, 06:51
A simple way to record games from multiple perspectives would really help teams get coordinated. You have to be able to look at the full picture of a match to iron out mistakes and come up with strategies.

Ambusher
28th Mar 2014, 15:17
While game is running on Unreal Engine 3, they can add console as in UT3 with standart commands, such as "demo rec", "demo stop", "demo play", "stat fps", etc etc.

RainaAudron
28th Mar 2014, 15:43
They definitely want to add ranked matches. One of Nosgoth´s goals is to enter e-sports scene, but not anytime soon, at least not until we reach open beta and things have been fixed up.

Psyonix_Corey
28th Mar 2014, 18:19
We have demo recording supported for testing / QA purposes but haven't had the time to polish it to release to players.

Private matches are on the list.

RainaAudron
28th Mar 2014, 18:26
Awesome Corey :)

Oroibahazopi
28th Mar 2014, 18:37
WANT
WANT
WANT
WANT
WANT
WANT
WANT

DeIYIon
28th Mar 2014, 22:27
We have demo recording supported for testing / QA purposes but haven't had the time to polish it to release to players.

This is what I wanted to hear, I'm glad Psynonix are delivering on this. Makes me all the more glad to support Nosgoth as it heads through beta.

Thank you for the info.