PDA

View Full Version : So who is "them"?

Neveos
8th Jun 2010, 19:51
So the trailer references a lot about a group of mysterious people, in fact, most of the non-monologue consists of it:

"These people Adam, they're like ghosts, always in the shadows, always hiding behind lies and proxy soldiers. I need you to find them. They cannot stop us, they cannot stop the future."- Sarif's CEO?

"You'll never find 'em."- Barret

"I'll never stop looking."- Adam

More than likely its the Illuminati, but I think this game is going to have a very anti-Illuminati plot, at least as long Adam is rooting them up. Adam's pursuit will be reinforced along the way as he begins unravelling all of their undemocratic injustices and means of keeping people under their control. While the Illuminati begins scaring humanity away from augmentation, a technology they only want themselves to posses, Sarif industries is the target of a false-flag operation... one which might have injured Adam in the process. Does the rogue Illuminatus, Bob Page, turn Adam into an unwitting tool of destruction in a vie for the control of the world?

Badmaker
8th Jun 2010, 20:01
If we compare to the world today, the Illuminati (Templars) are rulling the world, all the cutting edge technology are theirs, around 80% of all the money flowing in all the countries are theirs.

Ingame, i think that Adam discovers that a very big conspiracy is planned against humanity, and i bet that is about Gray Death, from DX1.

Dead-Eye
8th Jun 2010, 20:15
It's interesting to think about what will happen when we find out who MJ12 is. Are they the people Adam is hunting? Are they the people Adam works for? Or are they something else completely? We already know that MJ12 are the bad guys from DX1. So when we find out where they are most of us will feel complied to fight them.

Me thinks that an essential element to a Deus Ex game is MJ12 should always be the bad guys. It's something that was lacking from IW.

Neveos
8th Jun 2010, 20:19
If we compare to the world today, the Illuminati (Templars) are rulling the world, all the cutting edge technology are theirs, around 80% of all the money flowing in all the countries are theirs.

Ingame, i think that Adam discovers that a very big conspiracy is planned against humanity, and i bet that is about Gray Death, from DX1.Actually, I think the designers are purposely going more broad than bubbling themselves in their own storyline. So, I don't expect an entire plot revolving around something that happens in Deus Ex. Besides, the Grey Death we know was designed by Bob Page, and was relevant to Bob Page only during the events of the Grey Death. I don't even think it will be about the coming of nano-tech or about referencing Bob Page.

In stead, I think they are trying to allow a player to feel what it would be like to be involved in a conflict of the highest powers, like they did in Deus Ex, while pretty much opening people up to the underpinnings of our (possibly hypothetical) world to see the injustices and play around in all these questions.

But the highest scope of the game will more than likely be about Adam tearing down the Illuminati, only to find that he was under the control of someone the entire time. This may background an internal conflict he is having, as he believes he is losing his humanity.

VectorM
8th Jun 2010, 20:29

Im sorry, but was that serious!? :mad2: :lol: :lol:

Badmaker
8th Jun 2010, 20:40
Im sorry, but was that serious!? :mad2: :lol: :lol:

What part u mean ? I wont try to prove that myself in front of a guy who doest know anything about the world he live's in.

Irate_Iguana
8th Jun 2010, 21:37
In stead, I think they are trying to allow a player to feel what it would be like to be involved in a conflict of the highest powers, like they did in Deus Ex, while pretty much opening people up to the underpinnings of our (possibly hypothetical) world to see the injustices and play around in all these questions.

But the highest scope of the game will more than likely be about Adam tearing down the Illuminati, only to find that he was under the control of someone the entire time. This may background an internal conflict he is having, as he believes he is losing his humanity.

We know of a few factions that are still in the game at this point. The Knights Templar still exist and are a subgroup of the Illuminati. The same goes for Majestic 12. The Illuminati still wield considerable power instead of being forced into the shadows. I'm not entirely convinced that the Illuminati will operate as a single entity at this point in the timeline. We know that they will start to decline, that the Knights Templar and MJ-12 will separate from the main group and that their power will diminish. We also know that this game portrays the events that will lead to the formation of UNATCO.

My guess is that you are going to see quite a few factions within the Illuminati. Both pro- and anti-augmentation. Probably a side-group or three trying to get a piece of the Illuminati pie. They have fallen from power in DX and it hasn't been explained why. All we know is Bob Page taking MJ-12 and running, Manderley exterminating the Knights Templar and UNATCO secretly being formed by MJ-12. Those events would still leave the Illuminati with considerable resources. There has to be an additional reason why they fall.

Englesh speek why canot u?

The dude is from Moldova. Cut him some slack.

WildcatPhoenix
8th Jun 2010, 22:07
I just hope the storyline ties into the original in a convincing manner. Don't get me wrong- I don't expect the story to be completely built around MJ12 or UNATCO or the Illuminati. I'm okay with discovering new groups, characters, locations, etc.

But Invisible War felt like a completely different universe. Hardly a mention of UNATCO. Barely any trace of MJ12. There were a handful of returning characters, all of whom behaved strangely, and at times completely contrary to their behavior in the original game.

I hope like h3ll HR doesn't feel the same way.

II J0SePh X II
8th Jun 2010, 22:13
Anyone else think the Man in the Window's dialog was edited from two separate parts of the conversation to sound good for the trailer? The people hiding in the shadows could be different from the ones he wants you to find.

Dead-Eye
8th Jun 2010, 22:58
Anyone else think the Man in the Window's dialog was edited from two separate parts of the conversation to sound good for the trailer? The people hiding in the shadows could be different from the ones he wants you to find.

Of course! Maybe they are both two completely different conversations.

El_Bel
9th Jun 2010, 01:18
Englesh speek why canot u?

I think he is kinda cool. He speaks like Yoda! Oh wait i hate this little green midget. Guess i hate him too then!

Badmaker
9th Jun 2010, 10:26
Its kinda hard to know 3 language's and speak all of them at a decent level.

Badmaker
9th Jun 2010, 10:29
I think he is kinda cool. He speaks like Yoda! Oh wait i hate this little green midget. Guess i hate him too then!

Whats your problem ? hating someone for not knowing a foreing language ?

El_Bel
9th Jun 2010, 10:35
I was joking.

PerfectTear
9th Jun 2010, 11:05
Well we know that at some point the research facility gets atacked, so it's posible that the enemy has kidnaped the research scientist who are most likely pioneering the research on nano augmentation.
So he could be searching for the scientist ( which that girls looks to be a part of) and their technology?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th Jun 2010, 16:56
Well we know that at some point the research facility gets atacked, so it's posible that the enemy has kidnaped the research scientist who are most likely pioneering the research on nano augmentation.
So he could be searching for the scientist ( which that girls looks to be a part of) and their technology?

Good suggestion. But I get the impression that this situation is a lot more 'personal' for Adam. He's very determined to find "them" and vows that he will never stop looking. I'm thinking more on the lines that the girl is family (sister?).

Fluffis
14th Jun 2010, 17:00
Good suggestion. But I get the impression that this situation is a lot more 'personal' for Adam. He's very determined to find "them" and vows that he will never stop looking. I'm thinking more on the lines that the girl is family (sister?).

This. I definitely think it is personal for Adam, in some way. It could be that the scientist is family, though.