PDA

View Full Version : IGN posts new juicy video footage of GOL!!! O_O

_Love2Raid_
8th Jun 2010, 00:06
I: Combat video (http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/64033/lara-croft-and-the-guardian-of-light/videos/laracroft_gmp_combat_60710.html?show=hi)

II: 'Chompy' (boss) video (http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/64033/lara-croft-and-the-guardian-of-light/videos/laracroft_gmp_chompyboss_60710.html?show=hi)

OMG, I'm speechless...:o:o
*faints*

Max 28
8th Jun 2010, 05:11
These are sooo cool.

The combat looks great with the way the players are so overwhelmed with enemies. It looks pretty difficult to stay on top of things which is neat.

'Chompy' looks awesome. Great challenge running away from him with all the stuff going on. And nice cut scene before hand. Didn't really like Lara's line at the start, seemed all a bit cheesy. And what a grizzly way to finish him off. :cool:

And in both of these vids I'm loving the environments. They're done very well.

Jurre
8th Jun 2010, 10:23
Wauw That was awesome:thumb:

LARALOVERnr1
8th Jun 2010, 13:15
looks terrific! :D cant wait to play it myself!!!!!

And it proofs that Totec can understand English, otherwise he wouldnt understand what 'time to RUN!' means.

Jurre
8th Jun 2010, 15:43
It's interesting to see which weapons the two players got selected in the bottom of the screen. Totec's got dual revolvers, and Lara's got a sniper rifle, it's briefly selected at 0:50 It also seems that her MP5 is double barreled, it shoots two bullets simultaneously!

What's a little odd though, in the picture she's got tomato-red hair! She looks like Nariko now...

Danielsun_
8th Jun 2010, 18:15
Lara has always been Brunette/Auburn (depending on what game ) maybe they wanted to make her Auburn again in this one

chriss_99
8th Jun 2010, 18:32
Incredible footage! I'm soo into this game already!

lilhanhan
9th Jun 2010, 13:12
Sweet! The video reminds me of my old Gauntlet Legends sessions (I'm now tempted to force a friend to play co-op with me again). :D

I'm lovin' the combat but poor old Chompy!

IvanaKC
9th Jun 2010, 14:20
Now, I'm so excited. I didn't know that it will look so good!

hiMe
9th Jun 2010, 21:28
It looks sooo cool!!!

I want more multiplayer games anyway. So this game is coming at the perfect time.

And Keir...if you're spying, do you know if this game shall show case at EuroGamer London 2010 expo this year? ;)

Keir
9th Jun 2010, 21:39
It looks sooo cool!!!

I want more multiplayer games anyway. So this game is coming at the perfect time.

And Keir...if you're spying, do you know if this game shall show case at EuroGamer London 2010 expo this year? ;)

As I'm over here in San Francisco at the moment I'm not 100% sure but I'd guess and say yes. Let me double check and I'll confirm or otherwise shortly.

Cheers!

moliketombdestroyer
10th Jun 2010, 15:20
wow, so i guess no actual "Tomb Raiding" anymore. It's just another run, shoot, jump around arcade game? Hmmmm

Ants_27_
10th Jun 2010, 16:33
wow, so i guess no actual "Tomb Raiding" anymore. It's just another run, shoot, jump around arcade game? Hmmmm

That, my friend, is cause it isn't TR9... technically I suppose yeah but its just a different take on it, break up the same game CD have been churning out for the past 3 games.:D

hiMe
10th Jun 2010, 19:02
As I'm over here in San Francisco at the moment I'm not 100% sure but I'd guess and say yes. Let me double check and I'll confirm or otherwise shortly.

Cheers!

Tanksss :)

tombraidergal
10th Jun 2010, 19:38
it's not working properly on my laptop. >.< i'll look for it on youtube. :)

... found one... my laptop is too slow to play it. grrr. I'll look later on my brother's ipod touch. :) do tell me though, is it good?

dark7angel
10th Jun 2010, 20:48
Awesome videos!!! The only thing I didn't like was the "Time to run!" bit... It just didn't sound right! But other than that I really loved both videos and am super excited about GoL!!! :D

Ants_27_
10th Jun 2010, 20:52
Awesome videos!!! The only thing I didn't like was the "Time to run!" bit... It just didn't sound right! But other than that I really loved both videos and am super excited about GoL!!! :D

But I thought it made her sound more like Keeley than the past games in my eyes... from seeing her in other stuff anyway!:D

In a way at least!

dark7angel
10th Jun 2010, 21:26
But I thought it made her sound more like Keeley than the past games in my eyes... from seeing her in other stuff anyway!:D

In a way at least!

Well, I don't want Lara to sound like Keeley, I want Keely to sound like Lara! :p
And imo that line didn't sound like Lara...

Jurre
11th Jun 2010, 00:08
The only thing I didn't like was the "Time to run!" bit... It just didn't sound right!

Should be more like: "Oh, goodness gracious me. Totec, old chap, time to get moving." :D

Ants_27_
11th Jun 2010, 06:26
Well, I don't want Lara to sound like Keeley, I want Keely to sound like Lara! :p
And imo that line didn't sound like Lara...

Thats true I suppose...

She now sounds like keeley thus sounding like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFSILbLHr5s
Sounds less Lara more Keeley, just like the GOL video... well at least she did to me!:lol:

TF.Denis
12th Jun 2010, 21:09
hmm..not that interesting..i'm still like..maybe i will buy it

Pyrofer
14th Jun 2010, 12:07
I'll buy this the minute it comes out!
Ill download and play the demo the minute its available, it looks amazing.
I can't wait to play it, I've not bought a ps3 game in literally years!
Finally, some good new games that don't involve FPS or Racing.