PDA

View Full Version : Horse-back mode

Norsuffolk
7th Jun 2010, 12:09
In this game, Lara Croft should definitly have the option of riding on horse back as apposed to riding on a motorbike.

Scroofz
9th Jun 2010, 11:17
That would be quite interesting actually though maybe they will do that in T9 I'm sure I saw a picture of her on horseback...

tombraidergal
10th Jun 2010, 19:39
i'd love her to be on a horse, that'd be so cool!!!! she should be eco-friendly. :p

Danielsun_
10th Jun 2010, 19:41
yeah but then she cant squish thralls :(

little miss Ju
19th Jun 2010, 16:26
yeah but then she cant squish thralls :(

Of course she can! Just with a horse ;) It would be twice as satisfying...

lilhanhan
19th Jun 2010, 19:06
Would a horse or even a Motorcycle be a good idea in a game with a isometric camera angle and a lot of arcade action? Or are we talking about TR9? Sorry but I'm quite confused. :o

little miss Ju
19th Jun 2010, 19:08
Is TR9 going to have the old camera angle?

Danielsun_
19th Jun 2010, 20:18
what old camera angle? TR camera has always been the same

_Love2Raid_
20th Jun 2010, 01:16
I think she means the usual, non-isometric one. ;)

Danielsun_
20th Jun 2010, 09:15
lol aah touché love2raid but i shall reply with, but this isn't a Tomb Raider game so it's not changing the angle :p

Jason Miller
20th Jun 2010, 10:16
Hmmmm... sounds interesting but I doubt it would work well with the isometric camera angle, unless... lol nevermind! I think it would be even better if Lara were to ride one of this so-called island's creatures! It'd be something new since we've seen too many horses in videogames like Assassin's Creed and Red Dead: Redemption... Crystal Dynamics need to push themselves to the highest levels of creativity if they're gonna pull this one off-properly this time!

RoombelinaUK
20th Jun 2010, 10:27
Hmmmm... sounds interesting but I doubt it would work well with the isometric camera angle, unless... lol nevermind! I think it would be even better if Lara were to ride one of this so-called island's creatures! It'd be something new since we've seen too many horses in videogames like Assassin's Creed and Red Dead: Redemption... Crystal Dynamics need to push themselves to the highest levels of creativity if they're gonna pull this one off-properly this time!

I totally agree! If CD aren't organized and well-prepared this time, imma prevent myself from buying TR9, even if I have to force myself lol! I don't want to go through the horror that was underworld again!! And I mean that in a bad way...! Since Square Peenix are Eidos' sugar daddy, spoil yourselves Eidos!!!

Ants_27_
20th Jun 2010, 16:19
I would prefer to have a horse than have the ability to ride some creature... though the latter would probably be a slightly better thing...

If they have horses I would want them to look as good as they do in Red Dead, seeing the indiviual muscles move as it speeds off and what not... but having her ride creatures would stop people saying, "hang on a horse would do this or that".:D

Error96_
4th Jul 2010, 01:17
Horseback is a terrible idea. It's just so not TR like. Stick with the awesome bike.

Pyrofer
15th Jul 2010, 12:13
To be honest I am not a fan of vehicles at all!

I think TR is all about Lara exploring, not racing around on bikes!
There are other games if you want to race a car or bike. There are other games if you want to run around shooting things.

I really hope the new TR gets back to the core TR1 experience of exploration and puzzle solving. A sense of wonder at the scenery and discoveries. Joy at solving a puzzle and heart pounding excitement at a sudden surprise attack.

Obviously different people want different things from games, but I think there are enough different games out there that you don't need to make Tomb Raider into all of them. TR1 was a huge game changing success because of fact it wasn't an FPS or racing game.

aussie500
15th Jul 2010, 14:58
To be honest I am not a fan of vehicles at all!

I think TR is all about Lara exploring, not racing around on bikes!
There are other games if you want to race a car or bike. There are other games if you want to run around shooting things.

I really hope the new TR gets back to the core TR1 experience of exploration and puzzle solving. A sense of wonder at the scenery and discoveries. Joy at solving a puzzle and heart pounding excitement at a sudden surprise attack.

Obviously different people want different things from games, but I think there are enough different games out there that you don't need to make Tomb Raider into all of them. TR1 was a huge game changing success because of fact it wasn't an FPS or racing game.

Lara had a bike in TR1 we just never got to play with it, just like she had a grapple with her in TR1, in later games we got to use both. Exploration does not mean Lara needs to be on foot all the time, it would get pretty boring running from place to place all the time. Having the use of vehicles hardly means it is a racing game either. TR2 was more successful than TR1 and it had vehicles, so the success of TR1 is hardly likely to be connected with not having vehicles.

The isometric view and gameplay style of GOL mean it is not the game for vehicles of any kind, especially a horse. The horse is hardly going to be jumping from platform to platform and climbing up ladders and things, and Lara is only exploring 1 location in the game so everything is close by. We do not need to save time traveling faster, the game is going to be short enough. And we are hardly going to be getting a chance to get bored there is plenty enough to do in the game, providing a vehicle is only going to slow the game down.

ggratchet
20th Jul 2010, 05:13
A horse would be great and would suit the whole isolated no-civilisation island dynamic, with a bow and arrow instead of guns, flame torches instead flashlights, old maps instead of GPS...etc.

Also you wouldn't lose your horse (like in Underworld) if you could whistle it.

ThePunkVampire
16th Aug 2010, 21:30
UGH! MOTORBIKE MOTORBIKE MOTORBIKE!!!!!!!!!!! the dirtbike is so more her than horsebak! :p