PDA

View Full Version : In-game soundtrack

Norsuffolk
7th Jun 2010, 12:05
I Believe the music in this game should be all acoustically orchestral (with excotic instruments and chorus as well).

chriss_99
13th Jun 2010, 12:10
In the videos we have seen so far it seems that CD used a lot of tunes from Anniversary.
However, in one of the interview it is possible to hear bits of the new soundtrack. It isn't very orchestral though.

Norsuffolk
21st Jun 2010, 11:17
I still believe it is possible to create an orchestral soundtrack for the new TR game. Like what was used in TR: Angle of Darkness.

TrickyVein
23rd Jun 2010, 02:03
Troels did the best job I think with regards to sampling appropriately local and "exotic" instruments in order to create a soundtrack for Legend. Is this along the lines of what you'd like to hear in GoL? Orchestral stuff always sounds so derivative and forgettable. But it's not often that you get to hear different instruments taken from the region where the game is taking place, i.e. central america, yes?

Ants_27_
23rd Jun 2010, 19:00
May I add my own view?

I personally would like them to add a very good mix... I would jump with somewhat joy if CD gave the job of of the soundtrack to someone like Kojima Productions:cool:

My reasons are that during snakes adventures he visited jungles and cities and the music they created have always been fantastic and made me somewhat sad and happy at the same time.

For example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQzgI6xJEH0&feature=related (1:45 for the sheer awesomeness of the song)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIvdj2dwfxE&feature=related

Granted I no perhaps it might not fit but you get the idea I hope. A good old mix of types of music!

aussie500
24th Jun 2010, 09:07
They seem to have used music from all three of the Crystal Dynamics Tomb Raider games. I liked the music anyway so do not mind hearing some remixes. Would be nice if they managed to dig up a few we have not heard yet that might not have made it into Legend, TRA or TRU.

Treeble
24th Jun 2010, 21:21
I too am fond of the soundtracks and am absolutely ok with listening to well known material, but I am particularly curious about the main theme. It's bound to be something new, I believe? Hopefully something exciting, much like all themes up until now have been (except TRC and TLR, to some extent). :D