PDA

View Full Version : Are E3 Trailers usually the main trailer of the game?

ROCK STARTIST
6th Jun 2010, 21:52
Or does the game company usually release the official main trailer later online without the E3 label on it. Anyways for me, I would be very satisfied if this E3 is considered the Main Trailer, I don't know what else would top it if they released the actual main trailer.

Amazing trailer that was well worth the wait!

Tracer Bong
6th Jun 2010, 23:00
Typically trailers as good as this are the ones that are shown if you load the the game up but don't press start when it prompts you to.

mr_cyberpunk
7th Jun 2010, 00:11
Or does the game company usually release the official main trailer later online without the E3 label on it. Anyways for me, I would be very satisfied if this E3 is considered the Main Trailer, I don't know what else would top it if they released the actual main trailer.

Amazing trailer that was well worth the wait!

If they're doing a good PR push there should be about 4 to 5 trailers, also some playthrough videos.
(likely 3 of those 5 trailers will be re-edited for TV Commercials).

I'd say wait until things like TGS and the next European equivalent to E3 come around- since these are major PR events for companies and are usually the time that major releases occur.

Some gameplay in the next trailer would be nice.

Omnius
7th Jun 2010, 00:17
As Mr Cyberpunk said, we'll have to wait for some real gameplay to really see what's coming to us...

Too many games had beautiful trailers but were wastes of time, one of many :

- Warhammer Online : Trailer made by BLUR Studio, just amazing of details and realism but game was making everyone cry when they saw the first pixels.

Just have to wait... Time will tell !

singularity
7th Jun 2010, 02:31
Traditionally, no -- E3 trailers are not the "main trailer". These days, as already stated, games will have 3 to 5 trailers released from conception to launch. E3 Trailers tend to either be teasers (reveals), gameplay vids, or they expand upon teasers from reveals that took place a few weeks prior (like the most recent vid).

There really won't be a "main trailer" for DX3, most likely. There will be a handful of high-quality trailers, all within 90 seconds to 3 minutes that will be used to market the game. Then there will be TV spots/ 30 second adverts that will apear on TV and internet advertisements. I would consider this most recent vid to be the first of these high quality trailers.

ROCK STARTIST
7th Jun 2010, 02:44
Hey thanks guys, that makes a lot of sense.

After watching the trailer, Eidos Montreal definitely took their time to make something solid and artistic just like they said in the interviews awhile back.

I'm more than positive the game will fullfill those qualities.

singularity
7th Jun 2010, 03:16
Hey thanks guys, that makes a lot of sense.

After watching the trailer, Eidos Montreal definitely took their time to make something solid and artistic just like they said in the interviews awhile back.

I'm more than positive the game will fullfill those qualities.

It is important to remember, while the vids may be full of the designs and world created by Eidos, the vids seen thus far have all been created by Square Enix, and we don't even know if they will be included in the game. Thus far, Eidos hasn't shown us much of anything...

But I am still excited :-)