6th Jun 2010, 12:21
Deus Ex 3: Blue Mod

Mod Name: Deus Ex 3: Blue Mod
Author: Mr_Cyberpunk
Game: Deus Ex 3
Type of Mod: Graphics Enhancements
Target Platform: PC

Introduction
Deus Ex 3 is an upcoming game by Eidos Montreal based on the highly successful 2001 GOTY award winning game Deus Ex by Ion Storm studios. This new game is scheduled for release in March of 2011.

Deus Ex 3: Blue Mod is an attempt to correct what I feel is a mistake by the developer. They've unfortunately seen it fit to take some artistic liberties when it comes to the overall stylisation of the game and as a result has left a lot of people stating "is this a Deus Ex game? it looks nothing like Deus Ex!" and "I thought Deus Ex would be a lot bluer than this". This mod aims to please those people by changing the entire colour scheme of the game to blue instead of orange. Using special effects technologies for digital film media we are not only just able to change the game's real-time rendered content, but also the FMV portions of the game. The result allows for a fully seamless integration into the game that covers both the real time and pre rendered elements bringing them all into consistency with each other.

Duration of Project
Expected to take 6-12 months post-release casual work for completion.

Process of Modification
Step 1: obtain SDK files giving me access to Textures and FMVs
Step 2: edit the textures and colorise them to the colour scheme and atmosphere that seems right.
Step 3: edit the FMVs (either in Photoshop or After Effects), colourize them based on what has been done for step 2.
Step 4: compile them into a readable package that the game engine understands and can use.
Step 5: Quality Assurance testing
Step 6: Distribution to the public.

Risks
- As of yet no official comment states any indication to allow mod support or an SDK of any kind. If no SDK exists this immediately stops such a project from existing- or requires the use of hacks which in turn violate the EULA.
- FMVs might not be contained within the SDK and may not work with external files.
- Could take longer than 6-12 months due to unforeseen risks
- Developer could issue a cease and desist (doubtful), Permissions have not been requested yet.

Features
- New Colour Scheme for Deus Ex 3
- More variety in Colours and Darkness, more vivid atmosphere.
- Support for HD Displays. (the game will already support this)
- Possibility of improving on certain special effects during FMVs.
- Possibility to remove canon breaking visual elements from the game.

Proof of concept
FMV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMW38Iz9VNo

Screenshot of in game action concept
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4466/screenshothv.png

Wallpapers
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/3746/dx3wallpaper1.png
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5982/dx3wallpaper2.png
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1855/dx3wallpaper3.png
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4124/dx3wallpaper4.png
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5554/dx3wallpaper5.png

Corpus
6th Jun 2010, 12:26
I don't really see whats wrong with the style, true it's not same as the first game, but the first had more real world elements visually than cyberpunk though I'll definitely get this when it's done (and if my computer manages to run DXHR.) because I'm an absolute sucker for dreamy blue schemes :D

mr_cyberpunk
6th Jun 2010, 12:32
As I've said on other deus ex forums, the style as Orange is fine I don't have anything wrong with it.. its just it has more in common with the film Avalon than it does with Deus Ex- Deus Ex has a specific style and it is also influenced by the technology, Unreal1 was a very dark engine and as a result Deus Ex inherited a very dark style.

Also Cyberpunk is more commonly associated with the classic Escape from New York/William Gibson colour schemes, very dark, very vivid blues, greens and reds.. none of these presently exist in the game, everything has a very washed out look to it. Its a matter of taste, and I feel that it also messes with the continuity of the series too. My objective here was to try and return some of that without altering too much of the initial game. Also I'd rather not have to do another HDTP.. 8 years was already enough.

The process is very simple so all it requires really is EM to provide the tools to do it. I'm sure it'll in the end come as a matter of taste, some people will prefer their own visual style.

SageSavage
6th Jun 2010, 12:40
I have to agree with mr_cyberpunk there. I'd love to see this mod become reality because to me DX was always linked with the cold blue/dark-scheme. Renaissance-orange might work in some areas but so far almost all pics we've been shown were orange or bright. Seeing this comparison, I'd prefer the mod any day!
That's something I was thinking from day one, when the teaser with the embryo was shown to us.

Kodaemon
6th Jun 2010, 12:40
lol

Ashpolt
6th Jun 2010, 12:45
Aw man, I had no problem with the orange until you posted that shot showing how awesome it could look. Thanks a lot!

Blade_hunter
6th Jun 2010, 12:48
Blue = WIN

Rumble
6th Jun 2010, 12:50
Well, Ducas said they wanted to "recreate" the unique experience, so your concept is good as an option/alternative, but if I have the choice straight from the beginning I will keep that orange/yellow dominated color scheme.
I know Deus Ex is originally darker than this, but I do like this luminous atmosphere.

AaronJ
6th Jun 2010, 12:52
I am sooo for this.

Kodaemon
6th Jun 2010, 12:54
Is there a possibility of a plaid mod when you're finished with this one?

mr_cyberpunk
6th Jun 2010, 13:08
Is there a possibility of a plaid mod when you're finished with this one?

Unfortunately I doubt I'd have enough time/money to find good enough voice actors to replace everyone with Scottish accents.

also THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!!!

Algarys
6th Jun 2010, 13:16
Aw man, I had no problem with the orange until you posted that shot showing how awesome it could look. Thanks a lot!

Same here x)
I like both, I think yellow fits better to the renaissance style, moreover, this warm color would be a kind of visual distinction of a world before a crisis that would make everything darker and colder...

Duration of Project

"Bob Page : I must admit that I’ve been somewhat disappointed in the performance of the primary color !
Simons : The secondary color should be online soon. It’s currently undergoing preparation and will be operational within six months. "

Artfunkel
6th Jun 2010, 13:24
It would be a lot easier to manipulate the game's built-in colour correction (which it's bound to have).

Do we even know if we'll be given mod tools?

Pinky_Powers
6th Jun 2010, 13:25
This whole thread is funny to me.

mr_cyberpunk
6th Jun 2010, 13:28
"Bob Page : I must admit that I’ve been somewhat disappointed in the performance of the primary color !
Simons : The secondary color should be online soon. It’s currently undergoing preparation and will be operational within six months. "

Nice ;)

Bob Page:Soon the mythical city on the hill will be real and we will be crowned its kings.. or better than kings.. GODS!
Simons: "you mean take over the world right?"
MBison: "OF COURSE!"
Bob Page: 0_o

It would be a lot easier to manipulate the game's built-in colour correction (which it's bound to have).

I don't think the game has "in-built" colour correction- most games at best only feature a Saturation slider, I would think most of the post-processing you see is related not only to textures but to lighting as well. I've been told this before by others and I honestly doubt it'll be an option feature- it'd be something hard coded if it did exist and likely require the SDK to fix. If it were easier to do it like that I wouldn't hesitate. I would really hope that it could be edited via a .ini file to save me having to mess with the SDK or even needing one.

Kodaemon
6th Jun 2010, 13:32
I'm not sure about blue. I mean, brown would be much more realistic.

Artfunkel
6th Jun 2010, 13:50
I don't think the game has "in-built" colour correction- most games at best only feature a Saturation slider
Well it certainly wouldn't be something you'd see in the video settings menu, no. :p I'm thinking along the lines of Source's colour correction tool (http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Color_correction) here.

You say "the SDK"...does that mean there definitely will be one?

ZakKa89
6th Jun 2010, 13:56
yellow looks better imo

mr_cyberpunk
6th Jun 2010, 13:57
Well it certainly wouldn't be something you'd see in the video settings menu, no. :p I'm thinking along the lines of Source's colour correction tool (http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Color_correction) here.

You say "the SDK"...does that mean there definitely will be one?

No I stated in the risks that no such SDK has been made official yet. If the SDK did have the colour correction tool like source then it'd make my job a hell lot easier. The videos would still need re-doing however- but it was pretty damn easy to do for the trailer (had a pretty good result in less than 2 hours with it).

Bluey71
6th Jun 2010, 14:03
Thank you! I now have a new desktop image.

Edit: I forgot the most important part - I hadn't actually thought about the lighting until I saw your images. The darker environment certainly do fit in more with DX1 environments.

We really need to see some game play movies.

FreedomForever
6th Jun 2010, 14:13
The blue inspired skyline in the trailer reminded me of Mass Effect....I didn't like that lol.

Still though it looks pretty good in blue.

The orange doesn't look that bad though.

FrankCSIS
6th Jun 2010, 14:14
Your blue-filtered trailer is looking really sweet.

Evidently, what they are shooting for with the yellow scheme is a unique signature, and it's working. Refreshing even. My only concern with it are the night scenes. Yellow's working really well for day and dusk, but it's taking darkness out of the night, and somehow annoys me. I feel the same about areas, too. Shanghai hits me as looking really good in yellow, but Detroit ought to be gloomer. Think there is a way to make a smooth transition between levels depending on where and when they occur, without being too drastic?

Absentia
6th Jun 2010, 14:36
Great work. Even though the blue filter has been done before a lot more than the gold has, it fits the setting a lot more in my opinion, and a Deus Ex game doesn't have to break boundaries in its choice of colour filter.

However....

http://www.abload.de/img/73621_deusexhumanrevopey3.jpeg

This screenshot seems a bit of an odd one out in that it's not very golden at all. Maybe this suggests that maybe the environment is going to have a big impact on how gold the lighting is. Or that the gold filter isnt set in the textures themselves but rather just overlayed onto the whole screen, so that they could reuse the textures in different scenarios - might make it easier to edit it? Fallout 3, for instance, had a greenish filter applied to the whole game, which could be removed with a mod. It gave the game a completely diferent look, and in many instances you could see that the textures werent necessarily built for the green filter.

Irate_Iguana
6th Jun 2010, 14:43
This screenshot seems a bit of an odd one out in that it's not very golden at all. Maybe this suggests that maybe the environment is going to have a big impact on how gold the lighting is.

That screenshot and the in-door sniper shot give me some hope that the environment might be more varied than all the yellow shots we've seen so far. Even so, some of the screenshots are really really yellow. Pretty over the top.

Daedalus Ciarán
6th Jun 2010, 16:07
Dammit, I'm torn. I was really happy with the way the orange worked in the cityscapes since it looked so sickly, tying in nicely to the civilisation-on-the-verge-of-collapse story thread.

But that blue skyline is just beautiful to look at. And, of course, it does fit neatly with DX1's colour scheme and Blade Runner influences.

Angel/0A
6th Jun 2010, 21:39
In both the original version and the "blue" version of the trailer the colors are overwhelming. The scene when Jensen wakes up is the most jarring example (since for a brief moment it has the original color palette) because it completely overwhelms all other colors in that scene.

When you aren't applying a blue filter to the entire scene, the result looks more reasonable, like with the example screenshot before/after. Otherwise, I think it's too much of a good thing, Master Control Program.

Lautaro
6th Jun 2010, 22:02
are you for real? I love the artistic direction of this game so far,sorry but your so called "blue mod" is a disrespect for all the artists in this project. It`s sad when a fan believes that he knows more than a Pro artist.

Anasumtj
6th Jun 2010, 23:35
are you for real? I love the artistic direction of this game so far,sorry but your so called "blue mod" is a disrespect for all the artists in this project. It`s sad when a fan believes that he knows more than a Pro artist.

You're sad, your face is sad, your mom is sad, go crawl in a hole somewhere and weep for the poor, poor artists, you sad sack.

mr_cyberpunk
6th Jun 2010, 23:41

I'm a professional game/multimedia artist too, so I don't see what the problem is- its not like I've painted over their work. Also since I basically took part in re-texturing the entire first game, you might say I've middle fingered everyone that's ever touched deus ex.. by the way I'm being sarcastic.

In no way have I stated that I was doing this in spite, I felt that it was a huge mistake by the developer to have chosen this colour scheme- It may have worked for Avalon- but it really doesn't suit Deus Ex. Its my preference to do this and from the feedback I can see, a few people like it, so its justification enough to release it if it ever happens.

This screenshot seems a bit of an odd one out in that it's not very golden at all. Maybe this suggests that maybe the environment is going to have a big impact on how gold the lighting is. Or that the gold filter isnt set in the textures themselves but rather just overlayed onto the whole screen, so that they could reuse the textures in different scenarios

I agree with what you've said here, likely the choice in this case would be to add what little atmosphere could be added to make it look just a bit more darker- there wouldn't need to be a huge change. I also agree with the fact that each location should have their own atmosphere too. That definitely sounds like a better way to do it.

I also don't understand all the hate, this is merely an OPTION. If you don't like it then simply don't use it, I'm doing this however because the orange is not consistent with the rest of the series.

Carlton
6th Jun 2010, 23:56
it looks really nice, i'd definitely use it. i don't hate the brown style, but the blue just reminds me foe Deus Ex, and makes it seem better.

IOOI
7th Jun 2010, 00:34
That first shot convinced me. I hope the OP is successful.

Chill out. How can this be disrespectful? Are you against modifications or something?
The OP just wants to do a mod so other people can enjoy the game as they please.

LordLeckie
7th Jun 2010, 02:36
Ah its Diablo III all over again, really now its a new aesthetic and it doesnt seem to have anything wrong with it, the blue shot you provided looks nice but cmon now i think people really need to get over parts of the game not looking like how they envision their own perfect sequel/prequel to the original.

Pinky_Powers
7th Jun 2010, 02:40
Ah its Diablo III all over again, really now its a new aesthetic and it doesnt seem to have anything wrong with it, the blue shot you provided looks nice but cmon now i think people really need to get over parts of the game not looking like how they envision their own perfect sequel/prequel to the original.

Agreed.

I'm queer with artsy notions, and I have always much preferred to enjoy another artists vision as opposed to corrupting it to my own.

minus0ne
7th Jun 2010, 02:45
I think this is admirable and will go a little way towards reconnecting it with DX. Obviously this gold-black thing is the colour theme so it should be left intact in places where appropriate, but I don't like the idea of the entire game having a yellow filter. I think I can spot a "golden age of technology" without that visual aid, tyvm.

Still, it boggles the mind to think how much effort it's going to take to bring it closer to DX, this being only a piece of the puzzle, if it's even possible or feasible.

edit: On second thought, wouldn't it be better to simply remove the overly yellow filters/whatever in favour of a "normal" colour scheme, ie rich in all sorts of colours where it needs to be (like neon-heavy urban areas for instance), not focusing on any particular colour like blue?

Angel-A
7th Jun 2010, 02:45
I wanted ohrhange.

LordLeckie
7th Jun 2010, 02:47
Agreed.

I'm queer with artsy notions, and I have always much preferred to enjoy another artists vision as opposed to corrupting it to my own.

Other people have noted the blue shot looks like Mass Effect and ill have to agree, using warm colours and the like to show the wealth of new shanghai and its power works quite well and the light/dark blue has been used over and over again. Its like how people are complaining about DX3 looking more futuristic than DX.

MechBFP
7th Jun 2010, 03:12
The screenshot looked better, simply because it makes it look more "night-like". The video was a lot worse though, couldn't see any detail in the video.

mr_cyberpunk
7th Jun 2010, 04:44
The screenshot looked better, simply because it makes it look more "night-like". The video was a lot worse though, couldn't see any detail in the video.

I had a really rough time with youtube accepting HD Formats, it was supposed to be 1080 but for some reason downscaled to 480. In the description there is a link to the full HD (1080+) version of the trailer, its 780MBs but if you REALLY need to see the details by all means download it.

edit: On second thought, wouldn't it be better to simply remove the overly yellow filters/whatever in favour of a "normal" colour scheme, ie rich in all sorts of colours where it needs to be (like neon-heavy urban areas for instance), not focusing on any particular colour like blue?

Agreed. There are some points where the colours seem a bit off- Likely I'll be editing it on a channel by channel basis from now on, problem with this process was I was VERY lazy and just flooded the entire footage with the colour blue.

The difference here however is that with Diablo 3 you don't get an option.. With this you do. I'm not doubting the same won't happen with Diablo3 though.

Other people have noted the blue shot looks like Mass Effect and ill have to agree, using warm colours and the like to show the wealth of new shanghai and its power works quite well and the light/dark blue has been used over and over again. Its like how people are complaining about DX3 looking more futuristic than DX.

I could also go one better to say the Orange looks too similar to Neocron- but you know.. we're basically comparing games here so I don't really think this accomplishes anything. And FYI I actually like Mass Effect, so I don't see that as a bad thing, but sure I'd like it to look a lot closer to the original Deus Ex- and hopefully I get a chance to try it, your points have been noted- this was really just a quick experiment that I wanted to share with the prospect of possible implementing this in the future.

I'm very glad I shared this with the community because the feedback has given me a lot to think about.

On the plus side as well, hopefully this gives the developers indication that there definitely is potential for mods- this being the simplest possible concept I could think of.

IH-Denton
7th Jun 2010, 04:51
Only after looking at the trailer-in-blue I could feel at last: music theme fits in Deus Ex atmosphere so much (especially in the end of the trailer).

MaxxQ1
7th Jun 2010, 05:18
When I was in Air Force tech training (my USAF job was as a bomb loader), the rec room of the barracks I was in (normally the barracks for the munitions dump trainees, but there was some overflow from the normal loading troop barracks) had a mural on the wall of a mushroom cloud with a skull in it. Apparently, a few years earlier, one of the trainees with some talent was given approval to paint it. I was there in the mid '80's, getting close to the end of the Cold War, so this sort of thing was fairly prevalent as "homegrown" propaganda/morale boosting.

Anyway, a couple months after I arrived, we got a new squadron commander, straight out of the Air Force Academy, and apparently something of a pacifist :scratch: During a room inspection, she noticed my drawings and sketch pads and other art supplies lying on my desk. She asked who the artist was, and I told her it was me. She then proceeded to ask if I would be interested in doing a small project for her. I asked what the project was, and she said she wanted me to make some changes to the mural in the rec room (remove the skull, tone down the "violence" of the mushroom cloud, etc). I told her that I would not be able to do that. My roommate was a bit shocked, as I was a barely-out-of-basic-training airman basic (lowest rank, period, in the USAF) refusing to do something a 2nd lieutenant (lowest *officer* rank in the AF) wanted me to do.

Anyway, she asked me why I wouldn't do it, and I told her that as a fellow artist, it was not my place to change or remove something someone else has done. After all, you don't just walk into the Louvre and add dimples to The Mona Lisa, so why should I paint over someone else's work? Not that the mural was comparable to the Mona Lisa, but the sentiment is the same. Over the next seven years I was active duty, I painted several murals at the bases I was stationed, and I know I would have been upset had they been altered after the fact by someone else. I had no illusions that they would either be painted completely over, or destroyed when the buildings eventually get torn down, but that's a bit different. I wonder if DaVinci ever expected The Last Supper to have lasted as long as it has.

I'm going to assume that everyone here is intelligent enough to figure out my stance on this issue, without needing me to spell it out.

However, since it's just a mod, and not a permanent replacement, I would have no qualms with installing it after I've played through at least once in the original color scheme.

mr_cyberpunk
7th Jun 2010, 05:44
I understand what you're referring to here, but you're references is based on something that is a one of a kind, whereas I'm doing something that is designed purely for the process of replication. Having studied art at University I appreciate the arguments you made and I do understand how treasured artworks can be to the artist. However from what you need to understand is that NOT all art is a unique thing, they are in fact sometime modifications of other artworks- The Dadarists specifically did this all the time, perfect example was their de-facement of the Mona Lisa considered to be a very big dada statement about their feelings towards the artworld at that time (funny because the Dadaists just replaced Elitism with more Elitism of a different kind).

http://www.csudh.edu/dearhabermas/dada_main.jpg
^defaced mona lisa

Further more Dada as an art style was filled with a lot of ready mades- which are basically things they took off the street.

Even more so in today's modern photography, people will take photos of a sculpture, I wrote many essays on this that questioned who IS the real artist in this case, the photographer? the sculpting? my conclusion was the sculptor is the true artist, the photographer is merely sharing their interpretation of the artwork. I feel myself in the same way, Eidos Montreal are the original artists- I'm just trying to show how I at least see their game. I would never deface an original artwork unless it was intended for mass production, the art industry has had this stance since Andy Worhol started his print works, making many modifications to already existing artworks for print media. Its in the very nature of art itself to allow for this- and especially in digital art.

I totally understand, I respect your opinion of this, but you're referring to artwork this is one of a kind, not designed for mass production- whereas you could quite easily get one of Andy Worhol's Boxes and deface it, no one would really care.. hell they print them on shirts these days! lol. I don't think its worth getting into an art debate however, I feel eventually we'll get into this "what is art, what is aura" stuff that I debated at nausea throughout university.

I do so out of respect for Eidos Montreal, its artists and more so because I respect the work that Warren Spector and his team created originally.

Badmaker
7th Jun 2010, 06:15
I must say i like the idea of the blue mod.
The yellow color is a bit childish.
Blue color made the game look serious and made me think about the future with all these augmentations integrated in our social life.

MaxxQ1
7th Jun 2010, 06:23
I understand what you're referring to here, but you're references is based on something that is a one of a kind, whereas I'm doing something that is designed purely for the process of replication. Having studied art at University I appreciate the arguments you made and I do understand how treasured artworks can be to the artist. However from what you need to understand is that NOT all art is a unique thing, they are in fact sometime modifications of other artworks- The Dadarists specifically did this all the time, perfect example was their de-facement of the Mona Lisa considered to be a very big dada statement about their feelings towards the artworld at that time (funny because the Dadaists just replaced Elitism with more Elitism of a different kind).

http://www.csudh.edu/dearhabermas/dada_main.jpg
^defaced mona lisa

Don't know much about this, but did they do it to THE Mona Lisa, or a copy? It makes a difference.

Even more so in today's modern photography, people will take photos of a sculpture, I wrote many essays on this that questioned who IS the real artist in this case, the photographer? the sculpting? my conclusion was the sculptor is the true artist, the photographer is merely sharing their interpretation of the artwork.

As long as there is no change to the original artwork (in this case, the sculpture), I don't have any issues.

I feel myself in the same way, Eidos Montreal are the original artists- I'm just trying to show how I at least see their game. I would never deface an original artwork unless it was intended for mass production, the art industry has had this stance since Andy Worhol started his print works, making many modifications to already existing artworks for print media. Its in the very nature of art itself to allow for this- and especially in digital art.

Again, Andy Warhol did not change the original artworks, but made his own versions of said originals. Still no problem.

I totally understand, I respect your opinion of this, but you're referring to artwork this is one of a kind, not designed for mass production- whereas you could quite easily get one of Andy Worhol's Boxes and deface it, no one would really care.. hell they print them on shirts these days! lol. I don't think its worth getting into an art debate however, I feel eventually we'll get into this "what is art, what is aura" stuff that I debated at nausea throughout university.

Copies again. No problems with that from my side. And as for arguing... nah, I don't want to do that anyway. I was simply voicing my opinion, and told the story to show where I was coming from. Besides, I only spent a year at an art college, before 1) realizing that I couldn't afford it, and 2) realizing that I didn't want to do anything art-related as a career.

Like I said, I will still probably install the mod after I've played the game vanilla, just to see if there are any changes in the mood or feel of the game. If DXHR was going to be a one-off, or the mod be permanent, then I would refuse to add the mod, but since neither of those are the case, I have no qualms about doing it. I'm not saying that you should not do this, and in fact, I encourage you to continue. I'll reserve final judgement until after I've played it with both color themes.

I suppose in some way, I had something of a knee-jerk reaction when I first read this thread, but after some thought, even before I made my previous post, I decided that it really isn't a bad thing, since it can be removed just as easily as it's installed. However, I do have problems with those that feel the game *should* have a blue color theme, just because DX did. My opinion is that they are so close-minded, they can't consider the possibility that the warmer colors might actually fit this game better than the cooler blues. To me, the yellows help accentuate that this is the autumn of the DX world's affluence, before transitioning into the cool winter blues of DX. There's also the whole Rennaissance theme going on, and many works from that era used warmer tones, especially the Rembrandts that keep popping up in the imagery.

Whether it ends up working or not, we'll find out early next year

mr_cyberpunk
7th Jun 2010, 06:49
Besides, I only spent a year at an art college, before 1) realizing that I couldn't afford it, and 2) realizing that I didn't want to do anything art-related as a career.

Lol same story as me, I left first year after having a few fights with lecturers- I suspected them of elitism and favoritism- so I opted to leave and pursue a career in video games. 3 years later (2 of which spent within the games industry as a QA) and I'm now part time QA part time graphics on multimedia and video games ;). I'm very glad I left uni when I did, else I'd never been in the career I'm in now.

However, I do have problems with those that feel the game *should* have a blue color theme, just because DX did. My opinion is that they are so close-minded, they can't consider the possibility that the warmer colors might actually fit this game better than the cooler blues. To me, the yellows help accentuate that this is the autumn of the DX world's affluence, before transitioning into the cool winter blues of DX.

it actually goes both ways though, see the people saying "it should be blue" aren't considerate of those who want it orange, but then the people that want it orange aren't considerate of those that want it blue. (or I WANTED ORANGE! YOU GAVE ME BLUE! lol). I really don't see the problem though since what this is really about is choice, we really shouldn't get into any sort of tribalism "right vs wrong" here, the player ultimately gets to pick which one they prefer. I actually like both visual styles, the Orange works but its not Deus Ex enough, The blue works but doesn't look as unique. I tried to combine them in the trailer by adding the "Orange" helios scenes but I'm not sure if it comes off a bit lame. This is sorta why I want feedback. Thanks for your comments.

minus0ne
7th Jun 2010, 06:52
Agreed. There are some points where the colours seem a bit off- Likely I'll be editing it on a channel by channel basis from now on, problem with this process was I was VERY lazy and just flooded the entire footage with the colour blue.
I know those just served as concept. I'd still call it the "Blue mod" though, if only because that's how we describe moonlight to be, and if for nothing else, this game looks like it'll take place during night-time/dawn. Oddly one of the few areas in which they'll stay true to the original, perhaps.

Senka
7th Jun 2010, 08:32
Are you Mr_Cyberpunk from the GON forums? If so; where have you been and It's Bek...

JackShandy
7th Jun 2010, 10:45
- Possibility of improving on certain special effects during FMVs.
- Possibility to remove canon breaking visual elements from the game.

...are... are you suggesting you can make better FMV special effects than Square Enix? Working alone?

I don't know, I always get uneasy when people start talking about "Improving" the art design of a game that's been worked on by a large group of professional artists. It reminds me of this thing. (http://www.petitiononline.com/d3art/petition.html)

It seems like everyone already knows, but synopsis: A while back, some diablo 3 screenshots came out and fans immediately started an uproar, claiming they were too bright and colourful. Their solution was to run them through a bunch of generically gritty photoshop filters, all the while exlaiming "This looks so much better!" and "Why couldn't blizzard do this!?". If you look at the second last image they show, the original picture is labeled "wow gayness" while their altered picture is named "Necromancers Choice". Do you really want to follow these people on their one-way ride to Douchebag street?

I'm fine with taking artistic liberties with a game like Deus Ex, because I honestly don't put much stock in the DE art team (And nice work with HDTP, by the way). But when this game previews with things so massively stylish, and when the art director appears in interviews like this (http://www.siliconera.com/2010/05/05/deus-ex-human-revolution-gets-a-coat-of-black-and-gold/) or this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8o1izAq7ig) revealing the huge amount of intelligent thought he's put into making the game look great, and the symbolic and stylistic value behind choosing a black and gold palatte...

Well, saying that you know better, and that just putting a blue filter over everything will instantly make it better is... it's... I don't like it.

Well, anyway, the point is probably moot. There's a big difference between you and the Diablo 3 douchebags: They're demanding Blizzard changes the game, you're just planning to make a mod to give players the option to change the game. And hey, that's something that I'm just fine with, even though I wouldn't use it myself.

so uh... I disagree, but go ahead!

Dead-Eye
7th Jun 2010, 11:19
Some things look worse other things look better. Personally I like the orange because IW made me want to vomit every time I saw Neon Blue. But I'll try you're mod.

xxstalker24xx
7th Jun 2010, 12:47
I personaly like the orange look ( by the devs ) that you have used in your example as its more of a realistic future unatural lighting like in real life

an example
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3135/3150605473_54678784b1.jpg

But in-game its much stronger due to everything being manmade with unatrual lighting and surfaces. Look at your city at night from a distance if your in one, from the country side where i live i can see the bright very orange glow of the city even when not looking direct at it.

I know the orange isnt very Deus Ex like but then its not Deus Ex as such is it.

mr_cyberpunk
7th Jun 2010, 13:25
Are you Mr_Cyberpunk from the GON forums? If so; where have you been and It's Bek...

Hey bek. And also I doubt I will be coming back to GON any time soon, however you will see me on the Arma2 servers when the expansion is released. I enjoyed talking with you during my time at GON, as I did with many of the members of that community. Hopefully I might come back in the future, but at the moment I have some personal projects I need to sort out.

I'm fine with taking artistic liberties with a game like Deus Ex, because I honestly don't put much stock in the DE art team (And nice work with HDTP, by the way). But when this game previews with things so massively stylish, and when the art director appears in interviews like this or this video revealing the huge amount of intelligent thought he's put into making the game look great, and the symbolic and stylistic value behind choosing a black and gold palatte...

Well, saying that you know better, and that just putting a blue filter over everything will instantly make it better is... it's... I don't like it.

Look I understand that a lot of thought went into the semiotics of the game- the only reason I want to do this is because I want it to look like the first game. And no I'm not saying I know better, my Opinion is that I felt their design choices were a mistake, it doesn't match the brand- I want to bring it in line with the branding.

Well, anyway, the point is probably moot. There's a big difference between you and the Diablo 3 douchebags: They're demanding Blizzard changes the game, you're just planning to make a mod to give players the option to change the game. And hey, that's something that I'm just fine with, even though I wouldn't use it myself.

That's ok, I established I wanted it as an option- if you don't want to use it fine.

Also I said that the improvement on the special effects were a "possibility", saying that I might be able to improve on them to the best of my abilities. I have actually done this in my commercial work for things like games and iPhone applications, and the client has usually been extremely happy about it. On top of this, it provides me with a learning opportunity to understand new techniques I haven't used before.

Personally I like the orange because IW made me want to vomit every time I saw Neon Blue.
You mean Light Blue and Purple. I don't recall there being as much "Blue" and Deus Ex at certain points came off more gray. Suffice to say I might intend on expanding this outside of just being a "Blue" filter and instead aim to give each location a bit more of a unique atmosphere- it really depends on how the end product looks like.

As I said, all this could possibly be over nothing. We'll just have to see what the end product looks like.

I don't think you guys understand that my initial post was a "proposal" not so much an "announcement" and I feel that the proposal achieved its objective, the feedback for and against is very understandable in both cases. And to be honest I'm on both sides here, I like the orange, I like the blue- but I feel the blue is more in line with the franchise. That's merely all I'm trying to do here to the best of my abilities.

In the meantime I'm still investigating my own side projects, no work on this will be done until 2011 and even then I'm not planning to spend too long on it.

I know the orange isnt very Deus Ex like but then its not Deus Ex as such is it.
The games title states "Deus Ex" don't it? I think that's justification don't you ;) Overall I think its got a great style in orange and in blue- but I'm just a huge fan of classic cyberpunk style. There's been actually 2 variations in interpretations about William Gibson's Neuromancer. 1. being a very brightly, vivid blue world (adopted from Escape from New York) and 2. being a very dark, desaturated brownish colour. Whist it does work in both cases, the 1st is usually what I tend to associated with Cyberpunk moreso, the brown is more of a Film Noir thing.

Cato
7th Jun 2010, 14:02
I wanted ohrhange.

This, of course.

LyreOfNero
7th Jun 2010, 18:22
As it's a mod no one on the planet is required to use it I say go for it. You have plenty of people on here who have stated they'd like to use your mod and that's just one forum thread.

Now for my BS armchair critique from a guy who's never painted anything in his life except for the living room wall (it's white).

The blue does add an electric futuristic feel to the atmosphere but as had been said before there are places where natural color would work better and I think I know what is is that's not striking true with them: images with flesh or fire. The fire in all of your images (including explosions) look blue and fire naturally has a warm hue to it. The lighter and molotov cocktail are are good examples of where the blue didn't quite fit. A similar accusation could be made about skin tones. While not nearly as pervasive as the fire problem, there were places that the person looked more like a vampire than a human. Since there is a thematic undertone of flesh vs. machine (if that's the right way to put it) It seems important to me that skin looks like skin.

Its possible to say that since this is in the style of a graphic novel those things can be over looked. You could also go as far as saying that Anna and Gunther both looked like corpses in the original so it shouldn't be a problem here. I also realizes that what you presented was a proof of concept and that some tweeking would need to be done for a finished project.

So take it for what it's worth. And by all means make the mod if you so desire.

jamhaw
7th Jun 2010, 19:38
When I first read the thread title I thought it sounded kind of stupid and pointless, but after I compared the two screenshots I have to admit that I like the blue æsthetic a lot more. :o

BlazeL
7th Jun 2010, 21:57
I support your idea. One of my main complains about this game was its art style and its color palette all along. I feel that the too much yellow (in the trailer and in the screenshots) is bit suffocating. The picture and the video even with the mindlessly applied blue filter has a look so much closer to DX, the yellow can never hope for that.

Hopefully we will get an SDK and hopefully EM uses a Crystal Engine function similar to Unreal Engine 3's post process volumes to get the yellow theme in most places. If that's the case, the color palette and the overall look of the game could be changed easily even without messing with the textures much.

mr_cyberpunk
7th Jun 2010, 23:45
Some really awesome feedback guys, both for and against the concept.

First of all my biggest mistake with the trailer was not colourizing based on channel by channel, I already explained I flooded the entire video with a blue filter- and just reduced it to allow more reds and greens. A better way to do it is by a channel by channel basis, and then apply masks to the parts that may come out strange under those channels. Its possible to do it- so muzzle flashes ect can be preserved in the "Yellow" whilst the rest of the scene is dark blues and grays. And as I've said, I may consider creating individual atmospheres to each city, at the moment it seems like they're all Orange (in the first deus ex they ranged from all different sorts, Liberty = Gray, New York = Blue, Hong Kong = Redish Gray, Paris = Dark Purple/Blue and Mainland America = Redish Orange with a LOT of blacks.)

atLaNt1s
7th Jun 2010, 23:57
yes, absolutely, i totally support your project, and yes, seeing the trailer blue gave me a very good dx vibe, i will not say yellow is bad, but i think blue looks better. So if you need anything, ask, ill help. and yes, my english sucks.

xsamitt
8th Jun 2010, 00:34
I agree..I like the blue better as well.

Angel/0A
8th Jun 2010, 00:51
First of all my biggest mistake with the trailer was not colourizing based on channel by channel, I already explained I flooded the entire video with a blue filter- and just reduced it to allow more reds and greens. A better way to do it is by a channel by channel basis, and then apply masks to the parts that may come out strange under those channels.

Yarp, that would definitely make it less overpowering in terms of the trailer footage.

Senka
8th Jun 2010, 06:58
It's certainly something worth trying, but I guess there is no real way to determine how well the orange palette works until we really play the game. In fact, what would DX1 feel like with a orange theme?

mr_cyberpunk
8th Jun 2010, 07:16
It's certainly something worth trying, but I guess there is no real way to determine how well the orange palette works until we really play the game. In fact, what would DX1 feel like with a orange theme?

They did that, it was called Neocron (although then it changed to green- and everyone left because it sucked. Or at least everyone I used to play with. Good game back in the day) It only really worked for NC because it was a mix of Post-Apoch and Cyberpunk and was trying to be similar to Judge Dread. NC1 was better- the style was better and the gameplay wasn't unbalanced like NC2 became.

Laokin
8th Jun 2010, 07:43
I personaly like the orange look ( by the devs ) that you have used in your example as its more of a realistic future unatural lighting like in real life

an example
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3135/3150605473_54678784b1.jpg

But in-game its much stronger due to everything being manmade with unatrual lighting and surfaces. Look at your city at night from a distance if your in one, from the country side where i live i can see the bright very orange glow of the city even when not looking direct at it.

That picture is overexposed with an orange filter. Hardly realistic at all, I lived in NY for some 14 years, and the city at the horizon was usually a bright blue haze of light. Depending on the weather time of year and time of day this color can radically change. I've seen it look green and red before too, but usually it's a deep blue with bright intensity.

Also, while I don't have any problems with the Gold, the blue is preferred (if done properly on a channel by channel basis.)

I don't think the gold needs to go away, but I think it needs to only be used in the "Flourishing" areas, all others should be blue. It gives the sensation of health, while the blue gives the sensation of aftermath.

mr_cyberpunk
8th Jun 2010, 09:04
I don't think the gold needs to go away, but I think it needs to only be used in the "Flourishing" areas, all others should be blue. It gives the sensation of health, while the blue gives the sensation of aftermath.

Agreed.

xxstalker24xx
8th Jun 2010, 13:23
That picture is overexposed with an orange filter. Hardly realistic at all, I lived in NY for some 14 years, and the city at the horizon was usually a bright blue haze of light. Depending on the weather time of year and time of day this color can radically change. I've seen it look green and red before too, but usually it's a deep blue with bright intensity.

Also, while I don't have any problems with the Gold, the blue is preferred (if done properly on a channel by channel basis.)

When there is a heavy cloud cover the city, with the orange lights in the uk and you will get what the photo shows, as it reflects the orange streets lights, not that much orange but like you said thats overexsposed so its gona be over the top.

an example again

http://www.michaeltotten.com/archives/images/Coastline%20at%20Night%20from%20Byblos.jpg

I have been on a cruise along the med and at night the coast line along where citys had been it had that orange glow, so it is realistic. If on the other hand your talking about house, city buildings lights then yes thats going to be blue/white. For it to be orange it rly depends on the amount of clouds and how dark, reflective etc. I personaly think that the designers wanted that feel of unatrual lighting of orange kept in by the amount of buildings, gases, fumes in the sky

anyway thats my opinion.

mr_cyberpunk
8th Jun 2010, 13:27
I tried it out using Layer on Layer colour channels, looked amazing until my ******* software crashed. *shakes fists* DAMN YOU ADOBE! I'm going to bring my other PC onto it, screw this dual core mac, lets see how it likes a Quad-Core with 2x graphics cards and 8GB of ram MUHAHAHAHA! Yes I've gone crazy.

But important things to note, I managed to get a very good saturation of colour, I had Blues Layered on top of Reds, Layered on top of Yellows- the result was quite epic. The only problem is that its a bit over the top in terms of saturation- but I feel if I lower it too much it wouldn't work as nice. I mean might as well be black and white if that happened.

The best scenes were easily the cities, the yellow windows clashed against the blue haze of the sky, there were also some reds in there too. Look really cool. Its sad that I lost the result, I'll have to try again. Even better is that I got the Helios Scene to work with the Blue and Yellow. Looks great too. Even the muzzle flashes worked as intended.

The real challenge is figuring out how to apply the same colour scheme onto the in-game content. But I was rather pleased with the result, its sort of the best of both worlds really, you get the really cold dark world of the Blues, with the brightness and artistic style of the Orange, and then mix it together with some reds and greens to break it all up. It was VERY colourful which was the whole idea of doing this really. At least I know I'm on the right track.

Just a shame my mac gave up and didn't save properly (now the file corrupted) I managed to replicate some of it, but sadly that's all I can really do tonight.

Dagganoth
8th Jun 2010, 13:57
you also have to remember this is before the depression so brighter colors would suit it more and blue but im no expert

pirisca
8th Jun 2010, 18:32
is this for real? oh man. roflol

IOOI
28th Nov 2010, 00:48
Agreed.

Sorry, I couldn't understand you over how AWESOME this mustache is!!11!one11@!lol :cool:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6e/Marcel_Duchamp_Mona_Lisa_LHOOQ.jpg

Thasc
28th Nov 2010, 01:06
I've no idea if I'll dislike the gold/black scheme, as I haven't played the game yet. If I do dislike it, I'll eagerly anticipate your mod. :)

[FGS]Shadowrunner
28th Nov 2010, 01:07
You have obviously never travelled to Asia.
There is a yellow cloud of sulphur currently over Southern China and Indonesia.
The yellow you see, already exists where a high amount of plastics are made, places like South China and Taiwan.
I lived in China, this is totally believable in 2027 that the atmosphere is yellow.
Besides it was an artistic decision and I approve of it, because it evokes the rennaissance feel that is conjured by the storyline of transhumanism, which last took place during the rennaissance.

I find your thread a bit strange.

Have you watched the Book of Eli.

IOS
28th Nov 2010, 01:08
This entire mod sounds like a complete joke.

Rindill the Red
28th Nov 2010, 01:20
The trailer the OP provided makes things too Blue... it's like your just replacing the Gold-Black aesthetic with a Blue-Black aesthetic. If you tweak so that it's "realistic" then I might try it out... but otherwise I prefer the gold-black aesthetic.

K^2
28th Nov 2010, 01:21
Process of Modification
Step 1: obtain SDK files giving me access to Textures and FMVs
There will almost certainly not be an SDK, but if you are serious about this, I'll provide you with tools for editing textures and modifying the filter (if there is any). Probably won't be able to help with FMVs, but since cut-scenes are going to be in-engine, it shouldn't affect the experience.

WildcatPhoenix
28th Nov 2010, 01:42
I am 100% in support of this mod, Mr. Cyberpunk.

The black-and-gold is very, very low on my list of complaints about DXHR (at least it's something unique and not just another market trend EM has tried to force into the gameplay formula). Still, I agree fully that the blue and gray color scheme is more appropriate for a cyberpunk game.

I think EM might say that Human Revolution is not, in fact, cyberpunk, but rather "cyber-Renaissance." Which is fine. But it doesn't feel like Deus Ex to me.

Here's hoping you guys manage to succeed, and on a side note, that the DX modding community is resurrected to the stature it had back in those heady days of 2000-2003.

Jerion
28th Nov 2010, 01:50
Could be alright. From what I remember of the game though, this may not work out so well everywhere. Color grading (or filtering, whatever) is a finicky thing.

[FGS]Shadowrunner
28th Nov 2010, 02:04
on a side note, that the DX modding community is resurrected to the stature it had back in those heady days of 2000-2003.

You're not kidding.
Here are just some of the multiplayer mods I can think of currently under development

TREM - That Resident Evil Mod
Cozmo RPG City
Facetown RPG City
Stargate V3
WW2 Code Zero (unfinished, a release for multiplayer is happening instead)
Kill Bob Page

The latest one is the most exciting of all. It's so new that there is no name. We are going to make DX3 locations in the Deus Ex SDK and release for DXMP (DX1) next year with augs and weapons modded from DX3. So DX1 and DX3 players will be able to interact online in places like Shanghai, Detroit, Montreal etc...

Cronstintein
28th Nov 2010, 02:06

^this!

Damn you <shake fist>!
Especially since I'll be xboxing it so no mods for me :(

IOOI
28th Nov 2010, 04:15
If all goes well, the end result should be akin to Kodaemon's Wallpaper. It would look great!

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/6030/dx3wallcorr.th.jpg (http://img189.imageshack.us/i/dx3wallcorr.jpg/)

cartridge
28th Nov 2010, 04:59
Too much blue is no better than too much gold, IMO. And why are people always associating blue with Blade Runner, or cyberpunk for that matter? Blade Runner had a very large color palette. Actually, the opening scenes contained a lot of gold and sepia hues. Or, the scene when Deckard meets Rachel at Tyrell Corp. and mentions to the Dr. that it's "too bright" to administer her voight kampff test... LOTS of gold and sepia. Or the walls in Deckard's apartment... How about the scene where Deckard catches up with Taffey at the nightclub. I guess my point is, there is no color for cyberpunk, except for all colors. Mod it for blue, but honestly I don't see it enhancing the experience in such a way that players will be begging to download it.

mentalkase
28th Nov 2010, 05:01
I'd probably chuck on a blue mod a few play-throughs in if I can take it off easily. I have no problem with gold at all though.

Jerion
28th Nov 2010, 05:17
I'd probably chuck on a blue mod a few play-throughs in if I can take it off easily. I have no problem with gold at all though.

Ditto.

The blue-adjusted wallpaper does offer a very appealing color scheme. I don't see a problem with the gold though.

LeMoN_LiMe
28th Nov 2010, 08:43
Your time would probably be better spent modding out that darn highlight feature than changing the tint to blue.

Well one incredibly annoying feature at a time I guess.......

Fluffis
28th Nov 2010, 09:30
How did I miss this?

It looks great! I've been a bit bothered by the look of the trailers, and now I know exactly why. This is much easier on the eyes. I've felt sort of... saturated, I think is the word... by the gold/orange. I could only watch the trailers once at a time. This makes me want to watch more.

Bluey71
28th Nov 2010, 11:22
Hey Cyber,

I don't know how, but I missed the fact you also posted the trailer with the blue filter - I see you also did a second version with a weakened blue filter to allow reds.

My god I can't believe what a difference the cold blue makes to the feel of the trailer. Cold, dark ice steel blue - those are the emotions I want from DX, not the warm, happy, 'I'm living in la la land' feel.

Theres a couple of people here who seem able to do some fantastic corrections on the game, if there is an SDK. If no SDK is forthcoming, what are the options then?

Kodaemon
28th Nov 2010, 12:00
Actually, this sort of thing should be possible even without an SDK.

deggen
28th Nov 2010, 12:50
Well done OP. I for one will aim to make your mod the first version I play of DX3.

And hey, if anyone tells you you're corrupting the artistic integrity, tell them 'they drew first blood' lol.

What next, EM to make a Good, Bad and the Ugly game with a purple and blue palette.

Bluey71
28th Nov 2010, 13:02
I think it was K^2 who was also talking about making some modifications, stuff like lean keys etc. If there is no SDK, which is likely imho, what then are the options.

People talk of hacking the game but they may as well be talking about lollipop's in the sky for all I understand about hacking games.

Kodaemon
28th Nov 2010, 13:14
I think it was K^2 who was also talking about making some modifications

I'm still waiting for that Mass Effect 2 first person mod :hmm:

K^2
28th Nov 2010, 18:50
I was able to get to textures in TR: Underworld with no trouble. That bit is going to be easy enough for HR.

If there is a filter, it will have to be modified. I never bothered to check whether the shaders in TRU are hard-coded or stored as separate resources. If the later is true for HR, it'd be easy enough to replace these as well. If the screen-effects are hard-coded, it'd probably be easier to modify that by hooking into DirectX.

Kodaemon
28th Nov 2010, 19:21
Oh, by the way, I might have something useful. The Lost Worlds has a repository of tools (http://thelostworlds.net/Software/index.html) related to Crystal Dynamics engine games.

Shralla
28th Nov 2010, 21:24
Well done OP. I for one will aim to make your mod the first version I play of DX3.

I too enjoy not even giving games a chance before I mod them into something entirely different from what the developers intended. After all, their vision and choices regarding the game that they're creating shouldn't impede my ability to play my game the way I want.

This **** is just disrespectful.

Kodaemon
28th Nov 2010, 21:28
Works both ways, mind you.

Shralla
28th Nov 2010, 21:36
Unless YOU developed Deus Ex, no it doesn't.

EDIT: And even if you did, it would still be stupid to act like there's only one way that Deus Ex should ever look.

Kodaemon
28th Nov 2010, 22:00
So, disrespect to the creator is bad, but disrespect to your audience is OK?

Rindill the Red
28th Nov 2010, 23:01
I too enjoy not even giving games a chance before I mod them into something entirely different from what the developers intended. After all, their vision and choices regarding the game that they're creating shouldn't impede my ability to play my game the way I want.

Oblivion.

IOOI
28th Nov 2010, 23:07

Hey, come on! EM released the info to the public, so it's natural for people to give their creative input.
It's just a mod, for JC sake!

K^2
28th Nov 2010, 23:13
Oh, by the way, I might have something useful. The Lost Worlds has a repository of tools (http://thelostworlds.net/Software/index.html) related to Crystal Dynamics engine games.
The TRU engine is much too different from Soul Reaver engine. TRU engine is built around streaming and DirectX9, which has a strong impact on how it stores its resources.

Kodaemon
28th Nov 2010, 23:21
I don't know about Underworld, but at least The Eye of RAW does work for TR: Legend.

IOS
28th Nov 2010, 23:21
So, disrespect to the creator is bad, but disrespect to your audience is OK?

The hardcore Deus Ex nerds on this board are impossible to please anyways, so I wouldn't consider it disrespect to your audience.

K^2
28th Nov 2010, 23:55
I don't know about Underworld, but at least The Eye of RAW does work for TR: Legend.
These aren't core engine resources. The textures are stored as DXT3/DXT5 sections within corresponding DRM files. The later are most commonly compressed and stored as CDRM files within the archives. That's fairly specific, and at least at the time I worked with these, there were no tools that could handle all of the steps necessary to replace an in-game texture. That might have changed, but the tools would have to be recent. Everyone seemed to be happy enough using TexMod, however, so maybe nobody even bothered.

St. Mellow
28th Nov 2010, 23:59
I'd probably use this depending on how the final product looks like. Always end up using a ton of mods anyway.

LostinTransplantation
6th Jan 2011, 12:36
I'd prefer a realistic mod:

Neither...

http://i.imgur.com/Jl0ga.png

nor...

http://i.imgur.com/ctPah.png

but this:

http://i.imgur.com/G8Mzm.jpg (Embedding would be useless because of higher resolution)

SPTX
6th Jan 2011, 13:05
I WANT this mod.

- As of yet no official comment states any indication to allow mod support or an SDK of any kind. If no SDK exists this immediately stops such a project from existing- or requires the use of hacks which in turn violate the EULA.

To hell the EULA, if we can make this game right by any means, it has to be done. It would not be the first time we do this.

[FGS]Shadowrunner
6th Jan 2011, 16:45
if we can make this game right

Rofl. Game's not been released, how do you know there's anything wrong with it?

The orange feel is genius imo. It separates the game from others, it's fresh, it's a change, and if they had made it blue you'd all be whining that it looks like other cyberpunk action RPG's.

Gunther wanted orange, let him have it ffs.

AlexOfSpades
6th Jan 2011, 17:39
Let's make it green then, to look more radioactive. The poisonous fumes of a nature-destroying society. Adam could be also equipped with a gas mask, a hoodie and you should use graffiti to mark your territories and sabotage the super-corporations. Choose your gang - whose side you're on?

Or then dark-purple. Sarif Industries blessed Adam with his augmentations, but also cursed him: Through time his blood is absorbed by the machinery in his body. Now, he must use his carbon-fiber fangs and suck the blood of his human preys. Choose your vampiric clan - whose side you're on?

Or then pink... ok i wont talk about that one

Happy
6th Jan 2011, 18:24
I like the organe - I've looked at the blue mod prrof of concept and feel it does not work. I say to the mod author - don't waste your time :)

anunnaki
6th Jan 2011, 18:47
I don't mind the gold and black, but at the same time I think they used it a little too much. I can understand having it as a dominant color scheme, but they should have still thrown in a little more color with it. Even Atlantic city has more color variety. In almost any case variety is a good thing, you don't need to completely follow the art direction of the original DE but still, don't do away with it completely.

Shralla
6th Jan 2011, 20:15
"Grim" is not an art direction. There was no art direction in Deus Ex. Stop pretending there was.

And uh... You know. We've still only seen a remarkably tiny and insiginificant fraction of the game, almost the entirety of which has been in Shanghai, which has been confirmed to basically be Black and Gold: The City. For all we know the other locations in the game look entirely different.

SageSavage
6th Jan 2011, 20:37
There was no art direction in Deus Ex. Stop pretending there was. Huh, what is that supposed to mean? Of course there was an art direction behind DX1.

Ashpolt
6th Jan 2011, 21:22
"Grim" is not an art direction.

Try telling that to Gears of War.

And uh... You know. We've still only seen a remarkably tiny and insiginificant fraction of the game, almost the entirety of which has been in Shanghai, which has been confirmed to basically be Black and Gold: The City. For all we know the other locations in the game look entirely different.

Did you miss the part where JJB and Dugas mentioned the black and gold styling being prominent throughout the game? Don't worry, it's easy to miss, it's only in every single interview about this game, ever. Also, did you notice that the official forum is also black and gold? And the logo? And the box art? And the HUD is gold?

anunnaki
7th Jan 2011, 08:25
"Grim" is not an art direction. There was no art direction in Deus Ex. Stop pretending there was.

Video games themselves are a direction in art, many artists creating one expansive and interactive masterpiece. Deus was one of those games that helped me realize that and I know we haven't seen the juicy stuff yet, but at this point i've seen enough gold and black to Simultaneously enrage and enthral a racist gold miner. I bet he'd feel like a Deus Ex fan seeing HR for the first time. And that view of Shanghai is not so tiny, or blue, or any other color for that matter and it's not by chance that same color scheme is the same one on the box, in the trailers and even the hud elements. I think it's safe to say we'll be seeing more of these colors after we open that gold and black box. And I don't see how grim can't be an art direction, Just read Darkness. Also i'm not pretending anything, I was merely expressing my personal opinion about something so sorry if I offended you?

Kodaemon
7th Jan 2011, 09:50

So what is Detroit then, Black and Gold: The City: The Sequel? :rolleyes:

Kvltism
7th Jan 2011, 10:03
I'd probably enjoy realistic and/or blue mods. The latter would be a nice little piece of nostalgia, and the former would probably make the game a more immersive experience.

Kodaemon
7th Jan 2011, 12:32
The latter would be a nice little piece of nostalgia

Please explain.

Kvltism
7th Jan 2011, 14:29
Please explain.

While it's nowhere near as in-your-face as the black and gold color palette HR has, I always notice plenty of blue in the original Deus Ex. From the cover art to the highlights when in conversation, the mech-augs and canisters, ATM/public bulletin screens and computers, etc. Even the coats JC and Paul wear have a bluish hue, not to mention Paul's eyes. Whenever I think of how the game looks, black and blue tend to be the most prominent colours.

Kodaemon
7th Jan 2011, 15:21
Fair enough. I don't notice anything like that myself.

By the way, I'd point to Half-Life 2 as an example of a game that uses colour palettes in an excellent way, without resorting to fullscreen filters.

From some of the early DX3 screenshots it seemed they were going for something similar, using orange accents in textures etc. (and I fully supported the art direction back then), but somewhere along the way they just took the easy way out and resorted to filtering the heck out of everything.

Shralla
7th Jan 2011, 21:07
I like how you still call it a "filter" every chance you get even though we still have no way of knowing.

Ashpolt
7th Jan 2011, 21:36
I like how you still call it a "filter" every chance you get even though we still have no way of knowing.

If it looks like a filter, and acts in the same way as a filter, why not call it a filter?

HellKittyDan
8th Jan 2011, 07:48
It certainly looks like the game uses filters to me, but then I also think the black and gold thing is going to feature heavily in the textures themselves.

I can't say I'd be against a mod that gives the game a nice cool blue/gray colour scheme (which I quite liked in The Darkness), but I think the purple/orange thing going on in the screenshots and video in this thread is horrible.

St. Mellow
8th Jan 2011, 15:21
I can't say I'd be against a mod that gives the game a nice cool blue/gray colour scheme (which I quite liked in The Darkness), but I think the purple/orange thing going on in the screenshots and video in this thread is horrible.

Most def. I could go for a "realistic" mod if the filter is really exaggerated. But then again, wouldn't it be easier to just modify your monitor's color/contrast/gamma? Why is a mod even necessary?

(Sorry if this had already been discussed. Or if it is a dumb idea. :lol:)

motsm
8th Jan 2011, 20:57
;1551855']Most def. I could go for a "realistic" mod if the filter is really exaggerated. But then again, wouldn't it be easier to just modify your monitor's color/contrast/gamma? Why is a mod even necessary?

(Sorry if this had already been discussed. Or if it is a dumb idea. :lol:)That would only work if their post process filter is consistent and linear. Odds are it's just the opposite though.

Vasarto
8th Jan 2011, 21:56
I want everything to be Purple!

IOOI
9th Jan 2011, 02:01
I'd prefer a realistic mod:

Neither...

http://i.imgur.com/Jl0ga.png

nor...

but this:

http://i.imgur.com/G8Mzm.jpg (Embedding would be useless because of higher resolution)

Yes, I think that the last picture (http://i.imgur.com/G8Mzm.jpg) (in the link) and this picture (http://img189.imageshack.us/f/dx3wallcorr.jpg/) are good examples of what it should look like. "Blue Mod" is just a symbolic name for DX fans.

I just have a question: When disabling the post-process effects, could there be any issues? For instance, in GRAW when disabling post-process effects we lose nightvision effect, plus the shadows look murky.

3rdmillhouse
9th Jan 2011, 02:10
Hmmm... I don't know. I still prefer the orange filter. I think it's perfect for futuristic renaissance this game is trying to convey.

luminar
9th Jan 2011, 04:56

How is grim not an art direction? If their intent was to portray a grim, near post-apocalyptic city then the art style can help achieve that. I believe that the art style did indeed do it's job.

[FGS]Shadowrunner
9th Jan 2011, 18:29
The future is going to be yellow, not blue, you think you will see blue sky in cities in the future?
There is a giant sulphur cloud already in Southern Asia which can not be dispersed. It covers Southern China, Indonesia, Taiwan etc... it's real, I've seen it. And guess what it is yellow not blue.

As an accurate portrayal of the future and reference to Bladerunner, the orange is good enough for me. With respect I see this mod as totally superfluous as to whether I am going to enjoy the game or not.

A legal and effective way of modding the look to a blue feel, undoubtedly won't be a perfect rendition, something will be lost somewhere, so I fail to see the point.

Whompa
9th Jan 2011, 18:59
Not feeling this "mod" at all...the gold and black makes it look much better if you ask me...more earthy and natural, yet dark and moody as well...much more than whatever you're going for.

SPTX
10th Jan 2011, 11:27
Shadowrunner;1552185']
There is a giant sulphur cloud already in Southern Asia which can not be dispersed. It covers Southern China, Indonesia, Taiwan etc... it's real, I've seen it. And guess what it is yellow not blue.

So everything including the very inside of the buildings, even subterranean, also the computer screens, objects and people are yellow.

Yea it makes sense.

Daedalus Ciarán
10th Jan 2011, 15:50

If I can get all symbolic for a moment, I think the blue with some gold/orange from the actual light sources, enhances the use of colour in the game. Whereas now, everything is gold and black, attempting a renaissance feel, the use of blue/black on the environment and keeping the gold/orange tight to the source of light, allows you to infer (or imply, I'm forever getting those two mixed up) that technology brings a warmth and a hopefulness in the cold world around it. The blue/black act as a negative to the gold/orange positive, and since we'd, hopefully, only be getting the gold/orange eminating from active technology (including menu screens, active augmentations etc), it'd all tie in quite nicely.

Yes, I think that the last picture (http://i.imgur.com/G8Mzm.jpg) (in the link) and this picture (http://img189.imageshack.us/f/dx3wallcorr.jpg/) are good examples of what it should look like. "Blue Mod" is just a symbolic name for DX fans.

I have to say, those two, while they're not loaded with colour symbolism like the vanilla game and blue mod, is certainly very refreshing. Frankly, I almost prefer it to the blue mod. Certainly prefer it to all the gold and orange. It makes the whole image look much more crisp and clean.

HellKittyDan
11th Jan 2011, 10:18
In the future, mechs will have a hopeful orange glow, much like modern day celebrities.

http://cityrag.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/stephen_baldwin.jpg

SageSavage
11th Jan 2011, 10:33
HepatitisBot 1000 got canceled.

AlexOfSpades
13th Jan 2011, 00:53
I was just wondering one thing.

If DXHR is moddable as Oblivion, Fallout, Kotor and so on, i think the first mod we'll get is going to be a modification that changes Adam Jensen into a half naked girl.

I mean, its always like this. I was searching for KOTOR mods and all i found was half naked chicks.

Psychomorph
13th Jan 2011, 03:05
The buildings in the background of the altered shot look much better, has a bit of ALIEN atmosphere, but "blue" as such is just another artistic abstraction, I'd prefer a cold (yet colourful) gritty realistic look (any damn day!) over any artistic "screw-up".
Sure, blue comes closer to realistic, which why I'd prefer it over the slightly sickening gold shade, but in any case, realistic = superior.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4466/screenshothv.png

Irate_Iguana
13th Jan 2011, 09:06
If DXHR is moddable as Oblivion, Fallout, Kotor and so on, i think the first mod we'll get is going to be a modification that changes Adam Jensen into a half naked girl.

That and anime hair, recolors of equipment and gamebreakingly overpowered items. About 90% of all mods fall within these categories.

Senka
13th Jan 2011, 10:56
Good thing you're not being forced to use them or anything then :O

When I was 13 I made this awesome mod for oblivion: http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=OblivionMods.Detail&id=2092 like a boss. Of course seems corny now, still pretty cool though, just something to do for lols. Mods are good at supplying that.

GioChrono
14th Jan 2011, 17:36
Well I suppose this first game in the story is to represent a golden age of sorts, whether this visual symbolism has been taken too literally throughout the game or just on certain parts which also just happen to be the parts used in its promotion, therefore what we are getting to see and not neccesarily representative of the entire game remains to be seen.
If there are indeed plans to continue this as a prequel series leading up to the original then the colour scheme could arc from the gold to the less saturated dark/bluey tones normally associated with the genre.
Hey I love blue, in fact my home studio is all accent lit with blue led strips along with my pc's who are kitted out with leds as well and mostly all set to saphire blue so I like the darker bluer high contract look but at the same time it is nice to have something that looks different to the usual and is a bit refreshing.
Although on game replays I think switching to the modified colour scheme would definatley be tempting especially if the final game is going to look mostly like it was designed by Goldmember/Johann van der Smut.

Gio

JCpies
14th Jan 2011, 20:52
Not feeling this "mod" at all...the gold and black makes it look much better if you ask me...more earthy and natural, yet dark and moody as well...much more than whatever you're going for.

I thought there was an emphasis on 'un-natural' things in this game... And there's not much earth in that city.

Arksun
15th Jan 2011, 19:41
I think its fantastic that you're willing to put this effort into offering people an alternative look (assuming you can actually pull it off of course, photoshopping a static image is a far cry from altering realtime complex 3D graphics).

As I'm assuming its a free mod too no-one can really complain, no-ones forced to use it!. So big kudos to you.

Having said all that, if I'm being honest, I won't be one of those downloading it, much prefer their specific vision for the game, so will stick to the original colour scheme thanks :)

Whompa
15th Jan 2011, 22:31
I thought there was an emphasis on 'un-natural' things in this game... And there's not much earth in that city.

Where did the "un-natural" emphasis come in at all? The Gold and Black make it more visually appealing. It gives it a really interesting feel, whereas the blue just looks like regular old science fiction to me...weird how a color can influence so much. Sorry I made you critique my critique. I'll stick to being more internet friendly next time. :rasp:

JCpies
15th Jan 2011, 22:36
Where did the "un-natural" emphasis come in at all? The Gold and Black make it more visually appealing. It gives it a really interesting feel, whereas the blue just looks like regular old science fiction to me...weird how a color can influence so much. Sorry I made you critique my critique. I'll stick to being more internet friendly next time. :rasp:

I was only commenting that it doesn't feel 'earthy' or 'natural' to me because it's a two tiered city with a heck of alot of light pollution. But it doesn't take away its uniqueness...

Mindmute
15th Jan 2011, 22:37
Sorry I made you critique my critique. I'll stick to being more internet friendly next time. :rasp:

Internet friendly? He's only trying to say why he disagrees with you. Not sure what warranted this little snip about that.

By "emphasis on 'un-natural'" I think he was talking about the augmentation theme and that aspect/paradigm of transhumanism that the game is supposed to explore.

The mod itself is alright, a bit of nostalgia, but I'd like to see where they go with the black/gold theme. If it's only lightly used as a metaphor and doesn't become too invasive (sticking only to the areas where it actually makes sense) then I don't really mind it that much.

Vasarto
19th Jan 2011, 01:31
I still say we should forget about blue or gold and go with purple. Can someone use one of those screen shots and make a purple one for me please?

Or what about Green?

SageSavage
19th Jan 2011, 09:52
I demand at least one double rainbow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI&feature=related)! It'll sell like hot cake with one of these.

AlexOfSpades
19th Jan 2011, 10:47
The year... is 2027.

Its a time of great innovation, and technological advancement.

Its also a time of chaos... and conspiracy.

*People fighting*

I dont even know who's side i'm on..

Breaking News: The riots continue in the Eidos forums, protests fighting over about the colors of the game.

SageSavage
19th Jan 2011, 13:18
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/599/doubledxrainbow11.jpg

St. Mellow
19th Jan 2011, 19:21
^ :lmao: Imagine it auto-tuned!

IdiotInAJeep
20th Jan 2011, 10:54
Knowing the internet, it will happen.

AlexOfSpades
20th Jan 2011, 12:54
In the fourth panel, it really, really looks like Adam Jensen is spinning his arms in happiness.

You spin me right round baby right round

SageSavage
21st Jan 2011, 10:05
^ :lmao: Imagine it auto-tuned!

Knowing the internet, it will happen.
It actually already happened months ago... ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX0D4oZwCsA
(it's from the same guys that did the famous Bed Intruder-Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMtZfW2z9dw&feature=channel)!)

St. Mellow
21st Jan 2011, 13:37
It actually already happened months ago... ;)

I meant your little comic, lol. Like, T-Adam or something. :lol:

EDIT: Hehe, this reminded me of Ashpolt's theorized in-game rap battle. :D

SageSavage
21st Jan 2011, 13:59
Antoine Jensen ending:

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9378/doubledxrainbow2.th.jpg (http://img220.imageshack.us/i/doubledxrainbow2.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

IdiotInAJeep
23rd Jan 2011, 12:27
Manderley raps.

Se7enraven
23rd Jan 2011, 12:54
I'm all for the dark and blue look-Peace!

CHANCE-PHOENIX
24th Sep 2011, 23:48
NOW thanx to Boris(ENB-mod) we can have BLUE instead of orange or "corrected"colors :

Cool that we can choose now (pc only ofcourse)

original
http://i53.tinypic.com/netd6s.jpg
blue
http://i51.tinypic.com/auz6s5.jpg
corrected colors
http://i55.tinypic.com/2dtdnh4.jpg

SageSavage
25th Sep 2011, 00:17
Looks very promising. I have to admit that the color scheme in DXHR didn't bother me as much as I feared but I still want it fixed.

Viacom
25th Sep 2011, 01:15
http://i51.tinypic.com/auz6s5.jpg

I actually like this look, its fresh.

Fluffis
25th Sep 2011, 01:24
Adds depth and contrast to the scene.

Not to mention the fact that it doesn't look like everything has been dragged through a particularly nasty mud puddle.

Shralla
25th Sep 2011, 02:02
Corrected looks much MUCH better than Blue. Blue is way worse than default.

EricaLeeV
25th Sep 2011, 02:07
No not blue. Reminds me of when I had a blue lightbulb in my fishtank. Seems artificial and forced even more than the yellow scheme.

KingNL
25th Sep 2011, 02:07
Duration of Project

Lawl

Also blue is ugly, makes it seem like just another generic FPS which we already have more than enough of.

SageSavage
25th Sep 2011, 08:12
Of the three I also like the corrected best but given the option I would give it just little bit more blue - the blue version shown here is overkill.

Senka
25th Sep 2011, 08:38
Original is the best in my opinion, Corrected would probably be quite distracting when playing I guess. Still cool that ENB's done it though.

CHANCE-PHOENIX
25th Sep 2011, 09:18
Btw,

The mod is still in develoment and the color-change is not the only thing.
he"S also adding better selfshadows, ssao , reflections , etc :

original:
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g204/CHANCESUNDANCE/vanilla.jpg

enb version 0.087 for deus ex hr:
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g204/CHANCESUNDANCE/enb.jpg

ocstew
25th Sep 2011, 10:34
Not to be a partypooper, but if I'm not mistaken, ENB series already has this functionality. You just have to insert a small blue gradient and the entire game should be blue (if it works anything like ENB SA did)

miseryguts
25th Sep 2011, 10:53
For me this recolour is vital, so i applaud you for attempting it & look forward with interest to seeing any wip.

CHANCE-PHOENIX
25th Sep 2011, 11:45
Not to be a partypooper, but if I'm not mistaken, ENB series already has this functionality. You just have to insert a small blue gradient and the entire game should be blue (if it works anything like ENB SA did)

er ...dunno.

Boris said that we only have to fiddle with the RGB in the enbseries cfg file to change colors:

[ENVIRONMENT]
AmbientLightingIntensity=1.0
AmbientLightingDesaturation=1.0
AmbientLightingColorFilterR=1.0
AmbientLightingColorFilterG=1.0
AmbientLightingColorFilterB=1.0

As Boris said on this forum and i quote:" If someone wish to make it look closer to DeusEx1, try to set color filters for ambient light to blue color (kind of rgb=0.3, 0.5, 1.0) "

CHANCE-PHOENIX
25th Sep 2011, 11:46
For me this recolour is vital, so i applaud you for attempting it & look forward with interest to seeing any wip.

Yeah i"m also folowing his work and can"T wait for his next update.
you can follow him here :

http://enbdev.com/index_en.html

USER47
25th Sep 2011, 12:24
These are few screens of my playthrough with enb mod. The only thing I had turned on is color correction, it's without SSAO, shadows, AA, reflections and other stuff, my Ati 3850 is pretty weak for that stuff:).

Heng-Sha + Montreal
http://imgur.com/a/RaEW5

Detroit
http://forum.doupe.zive.cz/viewtopic.php?f=505&t=1076400&p=8409051#p8409051
(click on "zobrazit" button)

CHANCE-PHOENIX
25th Sep 2011, 12:33
These are few screens of my playthrough with enb mod. The only thing I had turned on is color correction, it's without SSAO, shadows, AA, reflections and other stuff, my Ati 3850 is pretty weak for that stuff:).

Heng-Sha + Montreal

Detroit

VERY NICE PICS !!!

lol , i only have ati 3650m with 256mb (3 year old laptop)
with enb speedhack it plays smooth maxed out, but with latest enb fx mod it stutters.

Random
25th Sep 2011, 12:33
It's amazing how much better the game looks just by removing the piss filter. I'll never know what Eidos was thinking there. It looks like they've reduced it in the DLC anyway.

Burbles
25th Sep 2011, 13:13

Heng-Sha + Montreal

Detroit

I tried to do this and it didn't work. Can you post your exact enbseries settings here?

USER47
25th Sep 2011, 13:37
I just set some things in enbseries.ini to "false". I don't remember all settings so here's the file I use:
http://www.mediafire.com/?tbvtbnto3g999vw

It's not without problems, sometimes there is a weird flickering on certain surfaces (sea in the Panchea) or other artifacts, but overall it's fine.

lowenz
25th Sep 2011, 14:47
It's not amusing.

It's helluva fun!!!!! LOL! Kudoz to you! :D

itsonyourhead
25th Sep 2011, 16:32

Heng-Sha + Montreal

Detroit

Amazing shots. Too bad I love my 60 fps too much.

USER47
25th Sep 2011, 16:39
Well, without additional reflexions and stuff it runs in the similar framerate as before...:)

Burbles
25th Sep 2011, 20:23
I just set some things in enbseries.ini to "false". I don't remember all settings so here's the file I use:
http://www.mediafire.com/?tbvtbnto3g999vw

It's not without problems, sometimes there is a weird flickering on certain surfaces (sea in the Panchea) or other artifacts, but overall it's fine.

Hey, thanks for upping this! I'll give it a shot.

Encephalon
26th Sep 2011, 12:00
Love what you have done with this.

Although i have no complaints with its current black and gold colour scheme,
this blue tint is definitely a welcome change, it certainly gives it a much darker
more cyberpunk feel to the scene.

Can't wait to see this released. Good job :)

Burbles
26th Sep 2011, 15:26
Love what you have done with this.

Although i have no complaints with its current black and gold colour scheme,
this blue tint is definitely a welcome change, it certainly gives it a much darker
more cyberpunk feel to the scene.

Can't wait to see this released. Good job :)

I too would love to see this released, but is it still being worked on?

USER47
26th Sep 2011, 17:22
Guys, this thread is more than year old. Some guy just took random screenshot, edited colors in Photoshop (5 seconds work) and called it upcoming mod.

You can make similar effects in enb though, there are some threads about it.

Encephalon
26th Sep 2011, 17:29
Guys, this thread is more than year old. Some guy just took random screenshot, edited colors in Photoshop (5 seconds work) and called it upcoming mod.

You can make similar effects in enb though, there are some threads about it.

Awwww man!!! :(

SageSavage
26th Sep 2011, 20:00
The OP is/was part of the DX1-mods TNM and New Vision and also began work on a Neuromancer-remake (the old adventure game) a while ago (which I believe it was abandoned later on though). I don't think it was just a hoax. He definitely had a very good idea, in my opinion. Thankfully it seems like ENB will make it possible but that's no reason to poop into this thread, is it?

CHANCE-PHOENIX
26th Sep 2011, 20:01
I too would love to see this released, but is it still being worked on?

IT"s ALLREADY released and it"S still being updated by enb-developer Boris.

you can download the corrected color version with added reflections ssao etc here :

"Deus Ex Human Revolution 0.087 FX IMPLANT v2.0"

http://enbdev.com/download_en.htm

to change from "corrected colors" to blue or whatever you like read posts above ...

Burbles
26th Sep 2011, 22:44
IT"s ALLREADY released and it"S still being updated by enb-developer Boris.

you can download the corrected color version with added reflections ssao etc here :

"Deus Ex Human Revolution 0.087 FX IMPLANT v2.0"

http://enbdev.com/download_en.htm

to change from "corrected colors" to blue or whatever you like read posts above ...

Thanks for responding--I've tried ENB and while it makes the game look a million times better, it also kills my frame rate ... I was hoping the TS's mod would just change colors without hitting my frame rate ... sounds like it's never going to be released though.

SageSavage
27th Sep 2011, 08:11
Apparently this has been published a few days ago but In case you missed it like I did...

"Deus Ex Mod Removes "Gold" Filter, Game Suddenly Looks Even Better"
http://kotaku.com/5843146/deus-ex-mod-removes-gold-filter-game-suddenly-looks-even-better/gallery/1