PDA

View Full Version : The Triangles

JackShandy
6th Jun 2010, 12:02
Don't say you haven't noticed them: Everything DE3-related has had these little gold equilateral triangles sprinkled everywhere, right down to the A in "Human". It's appeared in the pictures, and it's appeared in the trailers, unfolding in a strange sort of pattern. Look up to the title graphic on this forum, for a good example.

This kind of recurring symbol has to be more than a snappy visual motif, I'm sure of it. The closest thing I've seen to this was Assassin's Creed's "DNA" thing, and that obviously had huge relevance to the game. When they've gone so far as to put it in the subtitle, I have to think that it has some symbolism relevant to the plot.

So, this thread is asking: Does anyone know of any symbolism that has ever been given to small, equilateral triangles, in the history of man? Any ideas on what these things might mean? The best bet would be that they had something to do with the main themes, transhumanism, augmentation...

Any ideas?

SageSavage
6th Jun 2010, 12:08
Yeah and it has been mentioned before. The most obvious references would be the Greek letter Delta, which has several interesting meanings http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_%28letter%29 and the omnipresent pyramids, that are connected with very many conspiracy theories.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Jun 2010, 12:09
It's deep, very DEEP!!! :cool:

parsley
6th Jun 2010, 15:22
DNA is based on triplets of base pairs?

MechBFP
6th Jun 2010, 15:26
It's obviously based on the all-seeing-eye of the Illuminati.

Ilves
6th Jun 2010, 17:11
It's deep, very DEEP!!! :cool:

You mods are in on it, aren't you. Aren't you! :poke: http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/1523/29825730.gif

BTW, I wouldn't look too deep into the significance of the delta... I think it's really just that, delta change -> transformation. And the strains of yellow triangles? Just pretty imagery, providing the production with a visual signature.

It's obviously based on the all-seeing-eye of the Illuminati.

I doubt it, but I LOVED this transition shot... It makes me wonder about Adam's allegiances... :whistle:

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/6182/56303108.jpg

Hey, come to think of it, Adam shares his first name with a certain Mr. Weishaupt... [/tinfoilhat]

pewbeng
6th Jun 2010, 17:50
He also shares his first name with a certain Mr. Baldwin.

St. Mellow
6th Jun 2010, 20:29
The plot thickens... :p

Coldfire201
6th Jun 2010, 21:10
From wikipedia:

It is the symbol of the Greek inventor and architect Daedalus

...Interesting.

Ilves
6th Jun 2010, 21:16
^ No kidding! :eek: Maybe there is more to it and I'll have to eat my previous words...

ArcR
6th Jun 2010, 22:20
They picked a triangle because its Deus Ex 3. Obviously in DX 4 we'll be seeing a lot of squares. :D

Angel-A
7th Jun 2010, 01:04
Hey! Adam has a triangle in his goatee!

They picked a triangle because its Deus Ex 3. Obviously in DX 4 we'll be seeing a lot of squares. :D

That is awesome.

Righto
7th Jun 2010, 04:42
From Wikipedia:
"The American Dental Association cites it (together with omicron for "odont") as the symbol of dentistry."

Clearly, the Illuminati are bent on controlling pearly white smiles afforded by good dental hygiene. Didn't anyone else notice the distinct lack of smiling in the trailer? There's your answer.

Shadowdagger
7th Jun 2010, 06:29
From Wikipedia:
"The American Dental Association cites it (together with omicron for "odont") as the symbol of dentistry."

Clearly, the Illuminati are bent on controlling pearly white smiles afforded by good dental hygiene. Didn't anyone else notice the distinct lack of smiling in the trailer? There's your answer.

:lol:

JackShandy
7th Jun 2010, 08:44
From wikipedia:
Quote:
It is the symbol of the Greek inventor and architect Daedalus
...Interesting.

Unless the Illuminati themselves are editing wikipedia, and that's merely a red herring to throw us off the scent of another, deeper mystery... I think you've probably hit the nail on the head right there. Well done, team!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
7th Jun 2010, 08:52
^ No kidding! :eek: Maybe there is more to it and I'll have to eat my previous words...

Hehe, yeah. Time to give you a poke this time. :poke: