PDA

View Full Version : Idea : DX On XBL & PSN

Deus_Ex_Machina
6th Jun 2010, 10:05
I had a great idea earlier today that could help marketing for DXHR in that it could generate hype as well as sales even before the game is released.

Why not release DX on the XBL Marketplace and the PSN Store? It could be a direct port or maybe a port with enhanced textures like Perfect Dark XBLA.

I doubt that a DX port for XBL or PSN is even a remote possibility, but I think it would be a great idea.

Anyone agree or disagree?

FreedomForever
6th Jun 2010, 10:13
I mentioned this in the "they should remake Deus ex" thread.

I would love to see it. Alot of gamers will get to experience one of the best games of all times

But I have heard people say that it isn't possible or something like that.

But they did put Call of duty on XBL......Sure COD probably had a bigger budget to get on XBL but does this mean Deus Ex is possible but just isn't worth the money/trouble?

JackShandy
6th Jun 2010, 11:46
Isn't everybody always complaining about the crappy console ports that have plagued DE? Even the fact that the new game is coming to xbox and PSN has inspired criticism.

beastrn
6th Jun 2010, 12:16
If they do a DIRECT port, sure. Just add support for controller (and all the hud changes they'll need) while not touching ANYTHING else? Sure. Give those console tards something actually good to play. Might teach 'em something.

will also go to show how games that aren't made for controller are make significantly less sense when you can't aim properly against enemies that are ACTUALLY shooting at you.

Mun007
6th Jun 2010, 13:29
If they do a DIRECT port, sure. Just add support for controller (and all the hud changes they'll need) while not touching ANYTHING else? Sure. Give those console tards something actually good to play. Might teach 'em something.

will also go to show how games that aren't made for controller are make significantly less sense when you can't aim properly against enemies that are ACTUALLY shooting at you.

I see no problem with both the gamepad controllers and mouse & keyboard. Some FPS games work surprisingly well on consoles you know, MW2 being one. That being said I've always been playing console games so that explains why I'm good at them. :P But when it comes down to a game like Deus Ex or Half-Life 2 I prefer to play those on the PC.

I see alot of people on this forum criticizing consoles. I really see no point in that.

El_Bel
6th Jun 2010, 13:31
How can you activate Augmentations real time with a controller?

Blade_hunter
6th Jun 2010, 13:36
It's possible, but You have to reduce them to eight and that wouldn't be that handy.
You press the aug button and orient the stick and it activate the wanted aug

FreedomForever
6th Jun 2010, 13:58
How can you activate Augmentations real time with a controller?

Hold the right bumper....a circle will appear with your augmentations and you will select.

There could probably a better control for it.

I think they will make the controls work pretty well....except for the lean...I hope they keep it in.

Did they keep lean in for call of duty?