PDA

View Full Version : Dead Rising 2

MxOAgentJohnson
5th Jun 2010, 18:55
Anyone getting dead rising 2 also, only just noticed today its release date "will probably get pushed back again..." but im interested how multiplayer will work out, if anyone gets it hit me up a game for sure/

ohitspatty
5th Jun 2010, 19:03
I might get it. I'm a big fan of the first game.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jun 2010, 20:56
Meh , if it has lots of gold trophies why not ...

Vulture
20th Jun 2010, 16:19
i'll pick dr2 after i'm done with mafia 2 and k&L 2. ( i still couldnt decide which one to play first but i think the one that arrives to Turkey first,will win

Brackstone17
20th Jun 2010, 17:11
I'll probably pick it up when it drops in price a bit. I have Dead Space 2 and Silent Hill 8 to keep me terrified in the coming year, so I'll leave that until there is a particularly dry season in the survival horror genre.

GrievousOdyssey
20th Jun 2010, 18:06
Isn't Dead Rising more of a 'Die zombie die !' than a Survival Horror game ? ...

Brackstone17
20th Jun 2010, 18:23
Yeah, but it still counts. Survival horror doesn't have to be scary to be survival horror, it just needs the right elements. Besides, if they bring back that survival mode type thing from the first one, that alone qualifies it as survival horror in my books.

joe the janitor
20th Jun 2010, 18:43
I'm getting this. I loved the first, even though I could never get the good ending:(

ohitspatty
21st Jun 2010, 14:01
Isn't Dead Rising more of a 'Die zombie die !' than a Survival Horror game ? ...

That's a yes and no. The first one was very much about survival, just in different tone then games like Resident Evil or Silent Hill.

Speaking of Silent Hill, who said that the 8th is coming out? After Homecoming I think they would just drop the series before it goes to hell.

I'm getting this. I loved the first, even though I could never get the good ending:(

It's not an easy game, it took me awhile to get the good ending. Have you tried survival mode? I only attempted it once and my 360 froze little after 10 hours...I still plan on getting it eventually. So many hard and fun achievements the game has. I think Grievous would like if the game came out for PS3 and had trophies lol

Brackstone17
21st Jun 2010, 14:28
It was me that mentioned Silent Hill 8. It kind of slipped under the radar at E3. Sounds pretty good though. Seems to be more along the lines of Silent Hill 2, that is, completely unrelated to all that cult business. I think someone mentioned this exact premise (with criminals and such) a while ago on this board.

http://kotaku.com/5565483/silent-hill-8-coming-to-xbox-360-ps3-in-2011

There's also a trailer up somewhere. It'll probably be on youtube.

GrievousOdyssey
21st Jun 2010, 16:02
I think Grievous would like if the game came out for PS3 and had trophies lol

*goes bat **** crazy at the sight of the word 'trophies'* ...

MxOAgentJohnson
21st Jun 2010, 16:54
Dead rising is a XBOX only title, unless your talking about the wii version...
Please dont talk about the wii version, i still have nightmares.

GrievousOdyssey
21st Jun 2010, 17:08
Oh i still remember that comparison video made by Gametrailers , t'was marvelous ! ...

Bevacur
21st Jun 2010, 18:29

Your a brave person playing that game...others who played that game...never came back the same.

Rhyming is totally kick-ass.

ohitspatty
22nd Jun 2010, 00:44

...uh no one said it wasn't. Dead Rising 2 is coming to both.

And I was kidding about the trophies, in case that's what threw you off.

Off topic; if Silent Hill 8 be at least half as good as Silent Hill 2 then I'm all for it. I'm glad it's not same company that did Homecoming is doing Silent Hill 8. I will most likely buy it anyway like I did with Homecoming... lol

Stoniedude
28th Jun 2010, 13:43
Anyone getting dead rising 2 also, only just noticed today its release date "will probably get pushed back again..." but im interested how multiplayer will work out, if anyone gets it hit me up a game for sure/

hey man im a massive dead rising fan ive been playing it all week but DR2 has been pushed back to end of september early october...but they are realeaseing a prologue to DR2 on the 8th of july only for xbox it is set 2 years after DR1 and 3 years before DR2 anyway man add me on XBL if you have and ill let you know what its like when i get it

BeardedHoplite
28th Jun 2010, 14:51
Yeah, but it still counts. Survival horror doesn't have to be scary to be survival horror, it just needs the right elements. Besides, if they bring back that survival mode type thing from the first one, that alone qualifies it as survival horror in my books.

The only 'horror' in Dead Rising was the goddamn save system.

GrievousOdyssey
28th Jun 2010, 15:32
That's pretty innovative ...

BeardedHoplite
28th Jun 2010, 15:32
That's pretty innovative ...

Seriously, it ruined the game.

joe the janitor
28th Jun 2010, 21:07
It's not an easy game, it took me awhile to get the good ending. Have you tried survival mode? I only attempted it once and my 360 froze little after 10 hours...I still plan on getting it eventually.

Whats survival mode?

ohitspatty
29th Jun 2010, 01:35
Whats survival mode?

Maybe it was called something else but it's the mode where you have to eat the food in order to survive (along with the fact that there are zombies running everywhere) and two hours real time = one day in game. So basically you need to play the mode for 14 hours in order to get the achievement for surviving the seven days. I haven't attempted it again but I'm sure my 360 would nuke itself lol

GrievousOdyssey
29th Jun 2010, 02:13
On paper it actually sounds fun ...

Brackstone17
29th Jun 2010, 02:14
Maybe it was called something else but it's the mode where you have to eat the food in order to survive (along with the fact that there are zombies running everywhere) and two hours real time = one day in game. So basically you need to play the mode for 14 hours in order to get the achievement for surviving the seven days. I haven't attempted it again but I'm sure my 360 would nuke itself lol
You forgot the part where Otis and the other survivors are out for your blood. That's the best part.

ohitspatty
29th Jun 2010, 17:26
Yeah that too! I remember that at certain hours other people would appear in areas and try to kill you off. The one that really pissed me off was the family of snipers in the courtyard outside because at that time I needed to go find more food but had to battle them.

And yes, it is a lot of fun. Challenging yet fun. Hopefully the DR2 will have the same mode and make you play the game for 24 hours. I'm sure the PS3 will handle that but a 360? I don't know, it might nuke itself into hell.

joe the janitor
29th Jun 2010, 22:07
How do you unlock it?

Bevacur
29th Jun 2010, 22:50
14 hours...OH MY GOD. I struggle with 8 hours!

Can you not just pause the game and leaving running through the night? I never compeleted over-time, i got bored.

ohitspatty
30th Jun 2010, 01:43
You have beat the game and then beat the "Overtime mode" and it gets you the true ending. After you beat the Overtime Mode it unlocks the "Infinity mode" or as I called it survival mode.

And no, you can't just leave the controller...you have to eat food in order to survive. So your goal now is to scavenge some food, kill zombies, and kill psychos while surviving the infinity mode.

GrievousOdyssey
30th Jun 2010, 01:58
This really sounds fun on paper ...

ohitspatty
30th Jun 2010, 02:09
Sure is. It takes few tries, I guess. I'll attempt the Seven Day survivor. If Dead Rising 2 has it, I'll definitely try it on my PS3 as I'm not sure how much longer the 360 will live after next 14-hour-non-stop zombie hunting marathon.

Andyhugs
4th Jul 2010, 09:43
you have to get the true ending which is ending A the best possible one, you have to rescue a good amount of survivors, complete all cases, and be at the heliport at noon on the third day

Bevacur
4th Jul 2010, 11:33
Anyone have a habit of just ignoring missions and just go around butchering zombies instead?

Oh and i killed the photo dude, with a bowling bowl. Klonked him on the head, he died

BeardedHoplite
4th Jul 2010, 15:33
Oh and i killed the photo dude, with a bowling bowl. Klonked him on the head, he died

You aren't missing anything.

ohitspatty
4th Jul 2010, 18:51
you have to get the true ending which is ending A the best possible one, you have to rescue a good amount of survivors, complete all cases, and be at the heliport at noon on the third day

It's actually just a few survivors just as long as the cases are completed and you are at heliport at right time. That's how I got it. It's a lot of fun.

GrievousOdyssey
4th Jul 2010, 19:04
It's a lot of fun.

From what i heard from you guys , the Fun parts surpasses the Frustrating parts for Dead Rising ...

ohitspatty
5th Jul 2010, 02:53
I wasn't really ever frustrated but then again I'm still behind on some harder achievements so you never know...