PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite video game endings ? ...

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jun 2010, 16:33
Post as many as you want , no need to make a top ten list ...

You can also tell us why if you want to ...

Considering how we all hate spoilers i advice we first write the game's title then cover the rest with the Spoiler Tag ...

World At War ... you get shot , your blood frenzy friend jumps down and slashes the shootist and tells you that you are not dead yet , you get up and raise the flag , your friend tells you you'll return to russia as 'heroes' ... last cutscene begins , showing that to end the war in the pacific they had to use the atomic bomb , General MacArthur makes a speech wishing all the best for mankind , more than sixty million people died , the end , the end credits announce that the game is dedicated to "the veterans who sacrificed their lives" , perfect irony , the whole game was a criticism against the brutality and the hopelessness of war , and coming from a Call of Duty title it was really surprising ... pity not many people appreciate or even understood it ...

Killzone 2 ... the ending was spoiled to me in the forums , and i was kind of disapointed to hear that Visari , brilliantly voiced by Brian Cox , dies ... but then after playing the game i find out that it all makes perfect sense , and Rico wasn't that much of an ******* everybody thinks he is , and though the ending looked like a cliffhanger , i find it to be a perfect closure ... many people , including Templar (OMG) had died to capture a 'mad dictator' who in turn is actually a sane man with a desire to free his people from oppression , and that even his capture would not and cannot change his people's will and desire to win back what is rightfully theirs , and in the end the war goes on , it's hopeless for the ISA ... finished it along World at War , two anti war games in a row lol ... it was a strange experience , where despite being spoiled by the ending , i watched it in a whole new way , better than what that simple line of spoiler suggested ...

Bioshock 2 ... the Neutral ending , in my first playthrough i got the 'best' ending as they call it , but with the sun down and all the little children being free it just seems to ... surreal ... then on my second playthrough i opted for the neutral ending , and damn ... that was good , so sad it was good , Bioshock 2 had a much better story than the first one in my opinion , and it made sense how this man , turned into a beast , and becomes the 'father figure' of a girl he barely knows would do anything to get her back , nevermind the political war all around him he just wants to get her back , and in the end , he prefers to die the monster that he is than to let her daughter ever know the horrors he did , like all father should do , he protects his daughter even t'ill the end ... as he dies , she cries , saying she miss him ...

Prince of Persia ... the 2008 game , again , a lot of people hated it along with the story , but i enjoyed it , it also reminded me of my own past experience with a woman , and i would have done the same thing the Prince did in the end , love is just unreasonnable ...

Lego Batman The Video Game ... just kidding ...

God of War III ... then again no , perhaps not one of my favorite , but i liked it , better than most did anywya ...

Dead Men ... common , it's pure drama , gaming never got it any better , except , perhaps ...

The Lost and Damned ... i have to say that it wasn't what i expected because when people said it was a really depressing ending i really was expecting a gut wrentching drama , though i get it why they might call it a sad ending i think Rockstar could have done better (i hope they remake it into a full game one day) , Johnny along with the rest of his brothers should have died in a shootout , and in slow motion , though one could argue that by burning down their clubhouse they killed themselves ... i don't know , it's a bit too soon for me to talk about the ending , but it's definitively the best ending from a Grand Theft Auto game (GTA IV's ending was very good , except it didn't had much to do with the story itself , and while Vice City Stories' ending was also brilliant , it was the theme of the story that made it grand , not the ending) ultimately The Lost and Damned wasn't the grand critique on society and humanity i was expecting , but it's still nice attempt neverthless ...

JackGordon
5th Jun 2010, 17:56
A note before you read: I prefer tragic endings, they're closer to real life.

- Silent Hill's Bad Ending:
Harry died in the crash.
- Silent Hill 2's Maria Ending:
James leaves Silent Hill with Maria, who is coughing just like his deceased wife did... He learned exactly nothing from his stay in Silent Hill = the bad, and imo true, ending.
- ICO:
Too lazy to write it all down in my crappy English so please refer to this FAQ (http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/367472-ico/faqs/29015) instead.
- Shadow of the Colossus:
Same as above, refer to this FAQ (http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/924364-shadow-of-the-colossus/faqs/41817) instead.

Brackstone17
6th Jun 2010, 00:06
Red Dead Revolver
This was just such an epic feeling ending. All the good guys coming together in a near suicidal assault. It just felt like such a great way to end the game. I can't think of something more fitting.

Lost and Damned
It's already been explained, so I'll just leave it at that.

Red Dead Redemption
This is my favourite of all time because it's one of the few games that actually understands when a character should die. Some games just kill the main character off to be shocking, others keep the main character alive for the sake of sequels. This game had one of my favourite characters (John Marston) have easily one of the most complete story arcs I've seen in a game. And finally, the most important thing is that they made no sacrifices. They didn't sacrifice the story for the sake of the sequel in keeping him alive, and they didn't sacrifice the gameplay by killing him (like Fallout 3 did before dlc).

Kane and Lynch
The boat ending was a very satisfying ending I think, I don't actually have too much to say other than I thought it's the best way it could have ended and it holds up with the rest of the game.

Halo
The end level was awesome. Instead of some gigantic boss fight or some huge battle, it ends with the player driving as fast as they can unless they die. No focus on killing enemies, all on driving. It was intense.

GrievousOdyssey
6th Jun 2010, 00:17
Red Dead Revolver
This was just such an epic feeling ending. All the good guys coming together in a near suicidal assault. It just felt like such a great way to end the game. I can't think of something more fitting.

Lost and Damned

Red Dead Redemption
This is my favourite of all time because it's one of the few games that actually understands when a character should die. Some games just kill the main character off to be shocking, others keep the main character alive for the sake of sequels. This game had one of my favourite characters (John Marston) have easily one of the most complete story arcs I've seen in a game. And finally, the most important thing is that they made no sacrifices. They didn't sacrifice the story for the sake of the sequel in keeping him alive, and they didn't sacrifice the gameplay by killing him (like Fallout 3 did before dlc).

Red Dead Revolver ? Seriously ? No i'm sorry but killing off Jack Swift just like is just WRONG , shame on this game , boo ! ...

Oh and glad that Red Dead Redemption's ending is not just a cheap move , since i've already been spoiled by the death of John Marston i was hoping at least it would have been something that makes sense along the rest of the game ... though while we're at it , don't you think that Johnny Klebitz should have died as well ? ... i mean they're both "John versus Bill" afterall , lol ...

Brackstone17
6th Jun 2010, 00:27
About Red Dead Revolver, Jacks death sucked. He was the best one. You never actually see him dead though. Even if he did die, he went out like a champ, squaring off 3 to one with armed professionals who already have their guns drawn and pointed at him. And chances are he killed them all.

About Lost and Damned and Red Dead Redemption, I also had Johns death spoiled, but it didn't matter because it was still such a powerful thing. Really, play the game for yourself. It is that good of and ending. Anyway, the reason Johnny didn't need to die as much as John did was because while both dealt with the end of an era, they dealt with it in different ways. Johnny was dealing with the fact that their brotherhood couldn't stay together forever, whereas John was dealing with his whole life becoming obsolete. John already sort of had a Johnny style ending, he left the gang after it stopped being about what it used to. The thing with John was that as was said in the game, they were trying to civilize the land, and John was a relic of it. After John had killed all the outlaws and villains, he'd be the last trace that needed to be eliminated. I guess the difference between the two is that one was about the destruction of an lifestyle from the inside, and the other was about the destruction of a lifestyle from the outside.

GrievousOdyssey
6th Jun 2010, 00:35
" Whoa ... that's heavy man " ...

Red Dead Redemption sounds too good to be true , i have to see it ...

As for The Lost and Damned , i still think it should have been a longer game , some of the themes weren't well developped enough , then again i think i saw too much from this game and probably expected it to be a greater masterpiece than Kane & Lynch ever was ... i still hope that a grand critique on society can be made with a biker themed storyline i liked how the trophy/achievement for completing the game is called Easy Rider , but that was a movie , we need a video game to do the job ... but perhaps Redemption already did , i'll have to experience it to continue this conversation ...

Brackstone17
6th Jun 2010, 00:40
I KNEW you'd respond with that quote! Anyway, you do have to play Red Dead Redemption. It's not just the ending that's good, but the entire lead up to it. Maybe you won't like it though. Who knows? In my opinion, it's the best videogame ending I've seen. There are a few knocks against the story, very minor ones, but I thought the ending was flawless.

GrievousOdyssey
6th Jun 2010, 00:45
That quote was perfect for the Johnny Trailer ...
In game however , the context of that quote became a bit , well , let's not talk about it ...

In fact i'll take this moment and blame video game trailers for not delivering the same amount of drama as it would lead to believe in the full game , there i said it ... perhaps this explains why Redemption's story is so good : cheesy trailer gives masterpiece , dramatic trailer gives 'decent' storyline ...

Brackstone17
6th Jun 2010, 00:53
Trailers for games are definitely a problem. Most of the time they show great drama and seriousness, but then the actual game is completely cliched *coughgearsofwarcough*.

I kind of like the cheesy meet the characters style trailers for Red Dead though. Maybe it's just because I like meet the characters style trailers in general.

JackGordon
6th Jun 2010, 09:19
Trailers for games are definitely a problem. Most of the time they show great drama and seriousness, but then the actual game is completely cliched *coughgearsofwarcough*.
I'm one of the few who actually prefers the first game to the second... The campaign has a darker, more "horror" feel to it. RAAM is a mean sob and the ending, I thought, was great. It did scream 'sequel' but this time I was actually interested and curious about what the Locusts are fighting for. And then they blew it in Gears 2...
I absolutely want the Locusts to win the war in Gears 3, by the way.

GrievousOdyssey
6th Jun 2010, 11:15
Well i already prefer the first Gears than the second despite never playing both of them ...
It's just that when the first Gears of War came out it's third cover system , the buzz lightyear looking armor , and That TV spot all made it look grand , and it was i believe , i instantly call it game of the year (probably also due to a lack of better games in 2006) ... then when Gears of War 2 was announced , well , let's just say it didn't put as much as an impact than the first one did ...

Not to mention they did a horrific job at using the 'new characters' , there were lots of previews and coverage for that cog dude with the hat and that 'invincible' indian chief , both appeared only in the first act and the latter shot himself in the second act , it was embarassing , i know torture is bad , but common you just don't make new characters looks as if they had a big role in the game then give they minor roles , not even a supporting role , but a minor role ...

Same can somewhat be said of the 'meet the characters' trailer for Grand Theft Auto IV and it's episodes ... Vlad got himself a trailer , can you believe that ? Yusuf Amir from the Ballad was shown like a regular party goer , to my surprise he doesn't become one of your 'friends' , and Jason the biker pimp is shown in the first The Lost and Damned trailer as if he was going to appear in more than two missions , turns out he didn't ... and Johnny , the trailers and official screenshots seemed to give a big deal of showing a man who is wearing a jacket that embodies him (http://www.gtagaming.com/images/gtaiv/dlc/screenshots/119.jpg) , as well as a sad man (http://media.gtanet.com/images/5734-gta-iv-the-lost-and-damned.jpg) , alone and lost like the moon (http://www.gtagaming.com/images/gtaiv/dlc/screenshots/098.jpg) , who is on the brink of suicide (http://media.gtanet.com/images/6128-gta-iv-tlad-the-lost-and-damned.jpg) , facing a society that will not tolerate the existence of his kind (http://www.gtagaming.com/images/gtaiv/dlc/screenshots/097.jpg) , and the only thing men like Johnny could do (http://media.gtanet.com/images/5651exclusive-lad.jpg)is to "give the Man the finger" (http://www.gtagaming.com/images/gtaiv/dlc/screenshots/061.jpg) , which will probably results with his death in a bloody shootout , and as he fires his last rounds from his striker and stumbles to the floor , he smiles , chuckles , and sees the statues of happiness in the far distant ... (at least that's the impression i had before playing the game) ...

And whatever happened to Ashley ? i for one thought the whole last act would revolve around her and that her death would mean the death of Johnny's last bit of reason to live , not that i didn't liked how she was used in the game , but ... i don't know ... (at least i believe it is worth mentionning that Johnny , being the most violent and ruthless GTA protagonist to date , is also the Only GTA protagonist to do the most humane act such as this (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091015171353/gtawiki/images/d/d6/Coming_Down_%28trailer%29.png) ... beautiful isn't it ?) ...

Seriously what was the point in showing us things if they're just of minor importance or not even in game ? ... another offender are definitively the big scope action scenes that didn't happen in game , such as the marverik chopper that crashes in the background as Johnny rides foward at the end of The Lost's second trailer , and (again with Johnny) in the "There's always a girl" trailer you could see him riding on a busy bridge while someone had fired a RPG at him and he dodges it ... do i need to stress out how epic that was ? Not In The Game ? BOO ...

I know they are suppose to give us an idea of what the themes and the ambiance of the game will look like , but sometimes it's just too incoherent with the final product ...

Brackstone17
6th Jun 2010, 16:22
I agree that the first Gears is way better than the second, but I still think the series outright lies with it's trailers.

Also, Grievous, I think you might be looking into this a bit too far regarding Johnny. A lot of those gameplay scenes that weren't in the game can happen, you just need to make it happen. I actually thought the trailers represented the game well for that.

GrievousOdyssey
6th Jun 2010, 16:26
You know how i like to blow things out of proportion ...

I need my medications ...

GrievousOdyssey
13th Jun 2010, 01:26
The Saboteur ... the final level was just ... whoa ...

And the last lines of the game ...

"Is it over ?" ...
"No , it's not over ... I'm just getting started" ...

rest in piece , Pandemic ...

It's some manly tears stuff i tell yah ! ...

Seriously though , i played and finished The Saboteur and Assassin's Creed 2 back to back , and the latter's story was just plain rubbish , even the Monty Pythons haven't been That Silly (and i was one of the few who enjoyed Assassin's Creed storyline , but the sequel just wasted its potential) ...

JackGordon
13th Jun 2010, 09:09
I love The Saboteur. One of last year's best titles, I think.

GrievousOdyssey
13th Jun 2010, 10:26
Agreed ...

Though one can wonder if it's a compliment , or another lament on how 2009 was just a bad year in gaming ...

Afterall The Saboteur isn't exactly what you would call a "polished" title ...
Then again i didn't encountered any glitches or anything ... Unlike in Assassin's Creed 2 ...

******* Feathers man ... i mean who the **** would collect a hundred dirty pigeon feathers in memorium to some dead kid ? wtf ? ...
And who the **** would in his decent mind think about jumping all over italy collecting feathers instead of just , you know , avenging his family ? ...

I mean Ezio is already dumb , but this feather incident just made me realize what a idiot he really is ...

Sean Devlin would say Boo and Ezio would fall off a cliff like a ragdoll ...
Fact ...

ohitspatty
19th Jun 2010, 06:55
Finally got sometime off from school and I've been meaning to write a reply for awhile now but I always had to rush through to get my week over with. Anyway, here is my personal favorites;

Silent Hill 2; In Water
Beautiful game and I believe each and different ending strikes a different chord for everyone. In my opinion, I feel like In Water gave me the biggest chill. The atmosphere that it sets up is perfect. In my opinion it's the most "poetic" ending. It's very tragic. I don't know what else can I say about?
*No video as it's not very cinematic, however still very powerful.

Metal Gear Solid series;
These games have interesting story and powerful characters. What more do you need? Well, a solid ending! I believe all the Metal Gear Solid games have fantastic ending. Personally I like Snake Eater (MSG 3) the best but MGS4's ending is the perfect ending for the series. It's one of my all time favorite series, for sure.
Metal Gear Solid 3 ending (Youtube) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIHci5x2R58)

Contra
What a bad-ass game with a bad-ass ending. Did someone ring up Michael Bay? I remember playing this game as a kid. Everything about is perfect even the theme song!
Video in case you were deprived of your childhood (Youtube) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ien99eoZJDM)

Dino Crisis 2:
A lot of people don't like this game as much as the first one but it was my first Dino Crisis game I played and the ending was very cinematic/dramatic. You could say it's cliche but I was about 11 when I first played it, it felt original. Overall very fun game with tragic ending that made me feel kinda blue but don't judge I was a kid. I like to replay that game from time to time as it bring back memories. Watch the ending (Youtube video) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D60qijJhoYM)

GrievousOdyssey
20th Jun 2010, 13:51
Lost and Damned

I passed by the GTA wikia a few hours ago and saw that someone had a different interpretation of the Lost and Damned's story and meaning of the ending ...
Here's his synopsis of the game ...

The Lost and Damned plot bears an uncanny resemblance to Peter Pan, down to both the biker gang and Peter Pan's entourage calling themselves "the Lost boys". The biker gang consists mostly of men in their late thirties and early forties, who are constantly pressured to "grow up" by abandoning their rough lifestyles, getting white-collar jobs and raising families. Billy Grey is the equivalent of Peter Pan, who is the most reckless of all and leads the others in a stubborn refusal of rational methodology (even in the case of Johnny, when Billy frowns upon him for making peace with the Angels of Death). Among many other similarities, another important element is the Lost Clubhouse's role as a dingy, dirty, hard-rock version of Neverland, where the gang members are liberated from conventional responsibilities like jobs or children, and free to partake in beer, motorcycles, bar brawls for sport and (even married men in the case of Jim Fitzgerald) strippers. When Johnny Klebitz and his fellow bikers feel compelled to "put this place out of its misery" by burning it to the ground, it is the end of Johnny's 35-year childhood and leads to the moral of the story - everyone has to grow up sometime.

I thought his interpretation was interesting , though it's not what i saw from the story , it's still ... well , what do you think ? ...

He also wrote his interpretation for the character's roles ...
http://gta.wikia.com/The_Lost_and_Damned

Brackstone17
20th Jun 2010, 17:05
I always saw Lost and Damned kind of like that. The whole thing with their lifestyle changing was very obvious to me throughout the game. That said, I thought the burning of the club house was meant to be more about their lifestyle being over, less like them growing up. At that point, the only ones that really understood their brotherhood were Johnny, Clay, Terry and Angus. As stated in the main game, police presence was increasing and crime was struggling to stay alive.

I think it was really about what their brotherhood was. Billy thought it was about the lifestyle and the power, and with him around, the brotherhood would eventually kill itself from the inside. Johnny however understood that it was more about your brothers, not the brotherhood itself. To Johnny, protecting your brothers was the most important part and if that meant ending their previous lifestyle, so be it. Basically, I think it was about a brotherhood that was going to die no matter what, and Johnny was just trying to protect the members. At the end, he realized that even though it was safe from the inside, they couldn't stay together because at that point, they were weakened so much from infighting, that the police or rival gangs could easily destroy them. The brotherhood no longer meant what it used to, and the clubhouse was a remnant of what had made it destroy itself in the beginning.

Wow, that's a wall o' text. The Peter Pan thing also works too.

GrievousOdyssey
20th Jun 2010, 19:17
So much for giving the man the finger , then ...

I'm still not 'entirely' sure what it meant by destroying the club house , that guy said it was to move on from childish dreams and maturing in this (corrupt and flawed) world , most people in the GTA forums say it's basically to end the source of all the evil that the brotherhood had become (Billy Grey built the club , led the chapter , and now it should all be gone) , and you say the brothehood was finished no matter what , it all makes sense ...

But then as i think about it ...
What they burned down was their club house , specifically the Alderny chapter's club house , The Lost OMG is alot bigger than that club house , hell , they already have another chapter in Broker (supposing that they weren't all blown up by Luis Lopez) ... The Lost MC still lives , meaning this ideal of brotherhood might still exist in the other chapters in America ... And yet when the last brothers burned down the club house it all look so tragic ... why ? ... if they can rejoin other chapters , why is this scene so dramatic ? why do they contemplate the burning house as if they are doomed ? ...

Precisely , i think that by burning down the house they didn't just put a end to the chapter that was already dying , i think they actually killed themselves ...

The Lost represents a ideal , a way of life to these men , unfortunately they live in a world where the existence of their ideal is constantly harrased , either by cops , politicians , organized crime and so on , by refusing to be everybody's ***** they end up being beaten up that society , it's this refusal to compromise their dignity that had brought to their end ...
If John and James hadn't told the corrupt officers to go **** themselves and shot them moments later , the cops wouldn't have been that much of a problem , and had Johnny not defied Ray's orders , had Johnny obeyed Billy without questionning , hey , you know what , i think that on the contrary , Billy was the one who knew how to keep the gang up and running ...
Rival gang competition ? **** em , steal their coke and sell it to gain money to in turn bribe the cops and keep themselves alive ? sure , afterall let's not forget this one important detail ... There wouldn't have been a civil war if nobody liked Billy ...

In some way , by 'cleansing' the chapter into having only four guys left (six if you count the two other dudes that joined the fight in the end) who respects the ideal of having no compromises / not being a slave to society is perhaps the best thing that had happened to the Alderny chapter ...

So by my interpretation , the ending should have been grand ! They understood they were the true brothers , now they put this mausoleum to the ground , and next they'll travel around America , visiting each of the Lost chapters and find those that are just like them , meaning gathering up the minority within The Lost itself , and together they'll give the man the finger , hurra ! ...
But no , they just burn the house , and watches as if they're now ... really lost ...

And indeed , they were the minority of that Alderny chapter , meaning that perhaps They are the ones who are not 'right' ...

The Lost MC is not the house of 'living as a brotherhood and giving the man the finger' they thought it was , not anymore , maybe it was once back in the seventies and eighties , and perhaps even nineties ... But now it is the twenty first century , it's kind of like how the last of outlaws of the wild west were not meant to exist anymore by 1911 and to some extent , the end of the original gangsters with the creation of the FBI , so the twenty first century is just not meant for these Biker guys , at least not with the bikers like Johnny and his true brothers , Billy Grey's version of a 'biker' however could have well lasted , it's Johnny and his brother's vision of being a biker that brought an end to the chapter , they thought it was Billy , and they're not entirely wrong , but in the end it was they who 'burned' it down ...

So in conclusion (yes , finally , before anyone starts calling a hitman to throw me out of a window) , Johnny his brother's vision is now lost , and they're damned to keep on living knowing that they can never become once again what they once were back in the good old days , because the world has changed , and the society is ruthless to people with principles and sense of honor ...
Hope is gone once the house was on fire , indeed , like i said they could reunite the rest of the Lost that respect their vision , but what's the point ? The Lost OMG has degraded themselves along with society , Billy Grey is the product of that outcome and to the majority of the Lost MC He is a Good Leader , which means that the majority of the Lost has agreed to degraded themselves into mindless killers , drug dealers , slave to anyone with a dime , not about living as a brotherhood , enjoying life together , and telling the man to go **** himself along the road ... Johnny and his brothers doesn't think like that , so , naturally , they're the odd ones out , and when they saw that it is their fire that put the club house to rest , they probably realized that there is no hope with the Lost ... and you would say , why don't they just move on and deal with it , create a new gang on their own , calling themselves the Exiled ? because the Lost has also been all their life , they live and died wearing those jacket with the Lost marked on it , forever ... as they realized that what they lived for is something that they end up hating , it's quite hard to deal with ... you live with ideals , and one day you realize these ideals have no place in this world ...

For their whole life they live as the Lost , but now that the club has changed into something else and that they refuse to follow this route , where would these men go to now ? dying rotten in the corner of a wreak of a house ? or make one last suicidal strike against the man ? i do wish for a continuation of The Lost and Damned (or a prequel , or a remake , or a director's cut , i don't know , just something to keep this episode alive !) but at the moment , we'll have to suffice with this bleak ending , of a dream burning away because of a world that just wouldn't give you what you want , unless you sold yourself to it first ...

In the end i think all of our interpretation works , just goes to show how great The Lost and Damned really was (for video game standards , anywya) ...

Oh and by the way , my wall of text puts yours to SHAME ...

PS : after writting all that i realized that my interpretation wasn't so different than yours now , was it ? ...
i guess there was a difference but i'm too tired to look for it now ...

Bevacur
21st Jun 2010, 18:42
Halo 2's ending was legendary.

GrievousOdyssey
21st Jun 2010, 19:09
Agreed ...

SlashPrower
21st Jun 2010, 19:19
Heavenly Sword:

Main character Nariko dies after saving her tribe, Kai (who was basically like her little sister) swears at her funeral to hide the sword from mankind until it is forgotten, but promises that Nariko will never be forgotten. Ends with Nariko's body in a boat filled with flower petals moving towards the sunset.

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories-

Basically, MASSIVE PLOT TWIST followed by sadness. Although I got the good ending, so it wasn't as sad.

Final Fantasy 10-

Tidus ceases to exist, which was the best thing ever. Too bad Auron had to go too, he was awesome.

Heavy Rain-

If you liked the characters, the good endings were satisfying. However if you hated them, you could give them terrible endings.

-Ethan Mars can commit suicide, either in his house or in front of his son's grave as a horrified Madison turns around

-Norman, hating himself for not saving Shaun, can die of a Triptocaine overdose. If he dies earlier, he's somehow uploaded into the ARI which Blake puts on, so if you hate Blake his implied suffering is a plus

-Scott can either escape, be killed and have Lauren give a bitter diatribe about how she feels nothing but contempt for him, or almost escape only to have Lauren find him, tell him that she figured out he was the killer, and shoot him in the streets.

-Madison can either die or have a complete mental breakdown, becoming unable to distinguish dreams from reality.

-Shaun and Lauren can both die before the end.

MxOAgentJohnson
21st Jun 2010, 19:21
Dumbledore dies...

am i doing it right?

Brackstone17
21st Jun 2010, 19:21
Halo 2's ending sucked because Every time I tried to kill Tartarus, Johnson would headshot him before I could get the final blow in. I've beaten that game 4 odd times and never killed the final boss. It's kind of depressing.

Bevacur
21st Jun 2010, 19:48
On a serious note, the Darkness had a sad ending. The music that plays when your about to shoot uncle Paulie was pretty effective.

The entire score for The Darkness is perfect in every way. Jenny's theme is proberly the best.

GrievousOdyssey
21st Jun 2010, 20:31
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories-

Heavy Rain-

Is Shattered Memories worth playing ? i'm kind of in the mood of playing PS2 games again , saw the reviews but it doesn't look like a absolute play , what say you ? ...

Also , about Heavy Rain ...
The first and only time i'll play this game i'm going to aim for that Perfect Crime trophy , SHELBY WILL PREVAIL ! ...

Dumbledore dies...

am i doing it right?

YES ...

On a serious note, the Darkness had a sad ending. The music that plays when your about to shoot uncle Paulie was pretty effective.

The entire score for The Darkness is perfect in every way. Jenny's theme is proberly the best.

Jenny , i wrote you a letter , it's not finished ...

Wait ...