PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex is...

Dead-Eye
5th Jun 2010, 05:12
What is Deus Ex?

Deus Ex, the word, is sort for Deus Ex Machina (God from the Machine). The classic play about a world in chaos that is inevitable saved when god comes down from a box and fixes everything. (I.E. the god from the machine.) There is no doubt that Deus Ex is a derivative of this same play. But... it's so much more isn't it?

So I think the best why to find out what Deus Ex 'is' is to play a sentence game. Make a sentence that starts with "Deus Ex is..." then complete the sentence.

I'll stat: "Deus Ex is... a game where Scientist and Assassins are found in the same place more often then not." Get it? :lmao:

You're turn.

bryt
5th Jun 2010, 05:25
Deus Ex is... a game about people who wear shades at night, and still aren't douchebags.

Pinky_Powers
5th Jun 2010, 05:28
Deus Ex is a broken Latin phrase that means absolutely nothing in its current form.

Deus Ex is a violent man in a trench-coat with an OCD drive to pick every lock he comes upon and search every room in every building for money and soy products.

JackShandy
5th Jun 2010, 06:24
Deus Ex is... God From.

3nails4you
5th Jun 2010, 06:26
Deus Ex is... God From.

God out of would be more accurate. "Ab" is closest to from in Latin, "Ex" is closer to out of (i.e. EXit).

Deus Ex is A BOMB!

Pinky_Powers
5th Jun 2010, 06:33
A bomb, or THE bomb?

JCpies
5th Jun 2010, 06:56
Deus Ex is... a game about people who wear shades at night, and still aren't douchebags.

Wait I'm actually a douchebag? Oh great, time to dump the sunglasses, once even a cop asked another cop why I was wearing sunglasses at night, lol.

Deus Ex is... about funny one liners and stupid voice acting.

Sotsiak
5th Jun 2010, 07:15
Deus ex is what Invisible war isn't.

Deus_Ex_Machina
5th Jun 2010, 07:16
Deus ex is what Invisible war isn't.

lol

El_Bel
5th Jun 2010, 13:00
Wait I'm actually a douchebag? Oh great, time to dump the sunglasses, once even a cop asked another cop why I was wearing sunglasses at night, lol.

Deus Ex is... about funny one liners and stupid voice acting.

And you didnt answer my vision is augmented?!!!!

Carlton
5th Jun 2010, 16:06
Deus Ex is... a game about people who wear shades at night, and still aren't douchebags or blind people.

Pinky_Powers
5th Jun 2010, 16:26
Carlton, you are hereby banned for lack of creativity.

Deus Ex is... a dark murderous place where murderers are murdered and cyborg cops murder all... and greasles inherit the earth.

St. Mellow
5th Jun 2010, 16:56
Deus Ex is... for people who don't wear tinfoil hats. Or maybe for those that do. I'm confused.

KSingh77
5th Jun 2010, 18:11
Deus Ex is a game where you wield a GEP gun and add people to the list of casualties.

Sotsiak
5th Jun 2010, 22:14
Deus ex is a game where you laugh because your inventory is full to pick the lam.
Wa..wait, JC laughs ?... oh yeahhh.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
5th Jun 2010, 22:41
Deus Ex is... a game that offered vegetarian food to help you heal.

Serendipitous
6th Jun 2010, 00:51
Deus Ex is...a game where almost everyone looks exactly the same as somebody else in the game, except the clones.

PerfectTear
6th Jun 2010, 01:12
Deus Ex is...a game where you have to dispose of all the cleaner bots in the vicinity , before atempting to place any mines.

Kruxs
6th Jun 2010, 08:22
Deus ex is... Bladerunner meets Inspector Gadget

MaxxQ1
6th Jun 2010, 08:36
Deus Ex is... a game that offered vegetarian food to help you heal.

Deus Ex is... a game that allows you to waste perfectly good meat after stomping, shooting, lamming, GEPping, DT-ing, prodding, knifing, batonning, or otherwise killing dogs, cats, rats, and birds. ;) @ MyImmortal

Not to mention, taking out little Louis Pan and stealing his pack of smokes.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Jun 2010, 09:28
^
Hehe, too funny. :D

I knew I'd get some sort of response. :naughty:

Pinky_Powers
6th Jun 2010, 09:36
^
Hehe, too funny. :D

I knew I'd get some sort of response. :naughty:

The word "vegetarian" put me into a deepset funk, and I couldn't muster the muscle to respond.

I loves me some meat!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Jun 2010, 09:41
Awww, I hope you are okay now, Pinky. Enjoy your meat. :)

MaxxQ1
6th Jun 2010, 09:42

Meat can't be beat... oh, wait.

:whistle:

Setsoru
6th Jun 2010, 10:01
Deus ex is.. the only game that i felt like a douchebag while playing it. Especially because i found out i could save my bro, and when i saw him dead on that table, i was like... oh damn it!

so yeah also deus ex is all about sneaking around all stealth like, until you realise it is quicker to just DESTROY EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE on your way to completing the mission

Dead-Eye
6th Jun 2010, 10:07
Deus ex is... Bladerunner meets Inspector Gadget

"Go go gadget Can of Ass Kicking"

Pinky_Powers
6th Jun 2010, 10:14

I am much better now, thank you.

Streakfury
6th Jun 2010, 10:46
Deus Ex is... the only game that can give a bad guy the name "Bob" and still make him menacing.

FrankCSIS
6th Jun 2010, 13:16
Deus Ex is... the only game that can give a bad guy the name "Bob" and still make him menacing.

Robocop managed to do it with Richard/Dick. Also noteworthy: Clarence.

Also: Deus Ex is...a game where factions all try to out-conspire one another, while bums rule the streets.

Ilves
6th Jun 2010, 13:31
Deus Ex is... this (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1410096&postcount=53).

Pinky_Powers
6th Jun 2010, 13:47
Deus Ex is... this (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1410096&postcount=53).

If his English was a little easier to read, I'd say something like "you win the thread". But oh well... maybe next summer.

El_Bel
6th Jun 2010, 14:38
If his English was a little easier to read, I'd say something like "you win the thread". But oh well... maybe next summer.

Hey! I never had an english lesson. I learned them by ear!

Pinky_Powers
6th Jun 2010, 16:10
Impressive.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Jun 2010, 16:20
Deus Ex is.... all about how serious you are about baking the best cookies.

Ilves
6th Jun 2010, 16:22
Your English is fine, El Bel. I say you win the thread. :flowers:

Pinky_Powers
6th Jun 2010, 17:24
Votes from the Netherlands don't count.

Ilves
6th Jun 2010, 17:38
Oh... But, but, I was about to cast my vote for your presidency-... *sigh* Nevermind. http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/1158/81494217lt8.gif

Pinky_Powers
6th Jun 2010, 17:49
Oh... But, but, I was about to cast my vote for your presidency-... *sigh* Nevermind. http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/1158/81494217lt8.gif

Ah well. I'd probably be shot and killed within my first week anyway.

El_Bel
6th Jun 2010, 18:15
Your English is fine, El Bel. I say you win the thread. :flowers:

Well thank you Ilves. Glad you liked it!

And Netherlands kicks ass, so your vote counts!

Pinky, if you manage to get killed, after having absolute power, then you are too soft. You should rule with an iron grip so no one would dare make a move against you.

Pinky_Powers
6th Jun 2010, 18:18
This coming from Athens. lol.

El_Bel
6th Jun 2010, 18:22
I bet you think Amsterdam is a church, Holland is another name for the Holly Lands and Athens is in Asia or something.

Pinky_Powers
6th Jun 2010, 18:27
Those aren't true statements then? :confused:

El_Bel
6th Jun 2010, 18:33
Fortunately not. I would hate it if i was Asian and couldnt drink alcohol.

Tverdyj
6th Jun 2010, 19:15
DX is...one of those few games where you enjoy the walking around/exploring/talking more then the obligatory parts where you shoot bad guys and save the world.

Angel-A
6th Jun 2010, 19:48
Deus Ex is evicting peoples' asses with violence.

Sotsiak
6th Jun 2010, 19:54
This coming from Athens. lol.

Yeah actually it is kind of ironic. Greek politicians tear the society apart, and greeks still elect the same people again and again, they are so "malakas"!!

Pinky_Powers
7th Jun 2010, 02:34
they are so "malakas"!!

Is that a fruit, or a sexual orientation?

Shralla
7th Jun 2010, 03:43
Deus Ex, the word, is sort for Deus Ex Machina (God from the Machine). The classic play about a world in chaos that is inevitable saved when god comes down from a box and fixes everything.

Deus Ex Machina is a literary device used in plays that originated in ancient times, not a play itself.

Pinky_Powers
7th Jun 2010, 03:57
Deus Ex Machina is a literary device used in plays that originated in ancient times, not a play itself.

Hmm... when I read his post I took "the classic play" to mean "the classic scenario". It didn't even cross my mind that he should think deus ex machina was an actual stage play. But I guess this is more likely isn't it?

Player1
7th Jun 2010, 05:32
Deus Ex is ... http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/user/4/47782-152954-DeusEx1jpeg-noscale.jpg

Sotsiak
7th Jun 2010, 06:27
Is that a fruit, or a sexual orientation?

Find some free time to check this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malakas