PDA

View Full Version : Why on the 3DS? :(

member_10803141
31st May 2012, 11:44
Now I have to go out and buy one >.< you guys sure do know how to make a man buy a system for one game :P I bet it will be worth it though lol

immadametal
31st May 2012, 12:23
I got my 3DS at launch and am building quite an extensive library for it. I can't wait for Theatrythm to come out.

tiaeltaru
31st May 2012, 12:28
I got my 3DS at launch and am building quite an extensive library for it. I can't wait for Theatrythm to come out.

Yeah, thus far I have Tales of the Abyss, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7 and Ocarina of Time 3D.

Come July will be my first SE 3DS title with Theatrhythm, and the future is bright for more 3DS games.

I personally hope they also bring the 3DS remake of Dragon Quest Monsters over.

And lest I forget Shin Megami Tensei IV.

immadametal
31st May 2012, 13:00

Yeah, thus far I have Tales of the Abyss, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7 and Ocarina of Time 3D.

Come July will be my first SE 3DS title with Theatrhythm, and the future is bright for more 3DS games.

I personally hope they also bring the 3DS remake of Dragon Quest Monsters over.

And lest I forget Shin Megami Tensei IV.

I'd really like them to do a 3D remake of FFVI, sort like they did with III and IV, but you know, cooler and much better grapics because the 3DS is awesome. Dream Drop Distance looks promising from what I've seen of it, but it's hard to understand what's going on when I can't speak Japanese fully yet.

Summoner
31st May 2012, 14:32
I don't have a problem with it being on the 3DS. I like being able to take good games with me on the go.

immadametal
31st May 2012, 14:34
I don't have a problem with it being on the 3DS. I like being able to take good games with me on the go.

As do I. I also like the streetpass function, but I haven't checked to see if or even how it would apply to this.

Summoner
31st May 2012, 14:54
I'm quite curious about if there will be mutliplayer mode.

immadametal
31st May 2012, 14:55

That'd be cool, but unless it offers full online, I'd never be able to use it with the lack of 3DS owners in Dallas county.

tiaeltaru
31st May 2012, 14:57
I think it's just single-player.

Summoner
31st May 2012, 15:01
Yeah I'd mostly be playing solo even if there was a multiplayer option but it's nice to have if you want to play the game with a friend that has the game as well.

member_10085059
2nd Jun 2012, 20:27
Now I have to go out and buy one >.< you guys sure do know how to make a man buy a system for one game :P I bet it will be worth it though lol

It will definitely be worth it! The 3DS is an awesome little piece of hardware, and they're releasing more and more great games on it!! Though, I'm thinking that Nintedno may be announcing a new version of it at E3, with two thumbsticks. It's going to bum me out if I have to get that add-on things for mine.... but oh, well, it is what it is.

member_10832400
2nd Jun 2012, 20:38
As do I. I also like the streetpass function, but I haven't checked to see if or even how it would apply to this.

According to the official Theatrhythm website, the game offers at least some StreetPass functionality.

"In the Chaos Shrine, you can play the Dark Notes that you have obtained so far. Dark Notes are mysterious scores that consist of an FMS and a BMS. Each Dark Note is randomly generated and so the number of possible combinations of songs, scores, difficulty, and other features is almost endless. You can attach Dark Notes to your Profi Card and exchange them with other players using StreetPass or during Multi Play."

Again, from the official website:

"Using Nintendo 3DS Local Play, you can play the same song with up to three friends using Multi Play. To use Multi Play, you will need as many Nintendo 3DS systems and "Theatrhythm Final Fantasy" Game Cards as people playing (max. 4)."

immadametal
2nd Jun 2012, 20:45

According to the official Theatrhythm website, the game offers at least some StreetPass functionality.

"In the Chaos Shrine, you can play the Dark Notes that you have obtained so far. Dark Notes are mysterious scores that consist of an FMS and a BMS. Each Dark Note is randomly generated and so the number of possible combinations of songs, scores, difficulty, and other features is almost endless. You can attach Dark Notes to your Profi Card and exchange them with other players using StreetPass or during Multi Play."

"Using Nintendo 3DS Local Play, you can play the same song with up to three friends using Multi Play. To use Multi Play, you will need as many Nintendo 3DS systems and "Theatrhythm Final Fantasy" Game Cards as people playing (max. 4)."

Most excellent!

tiaeltaru
2nd Jun 2012, 20:52

Oh sweet, thanks.

Too bad local only, I'll probably be the only one around here with a copy of the game, but it seems to be more single-player based to me.

I'm getting it just to celebrate the music of the Final Fantasy series.

Summoner
3rd Jun 2012, 17:21
I'm also curious if they'll have more characters from the FF series unlockable in DLC.

member_10523116
16th Jun 2012, 08:24
I'd rather play it on Vita myself, with that beautiful screen, and trophies... and I just like it more overall. But, I've got a 3DS too so it doesn't bother me.

That reminds me... I need to check to see if I ordered it or not. :/ I can't remember.

Squall-Nathan
22nd Jun 2012, 21:52
I wonder if it would be better on the 3ds XL that was just announced. About double the size of the current 3ds. Supposed to have better 3d and battery life.

member_10829610
22nd Jun 2012, 23:32
Well, the PSP did get the Dissidia series. I hope this game is good since I'm considering on getting a 3DS later on.

Elk
4th Jul 2012, 07:51
A Dissidia port to the 3DS would be awesome, since it's such an intence 3D battle system. After seeing that flow mechanic in the KH3D demo I think it'd be awesome to have Dissidia on the 3DS.

I wouldn't mind PS1 FF ports to the 3DS either after seeing the Theatrhythm EMS videos.

AuraChannelerChris
4th Jul 2012, 14:37
To answer the thread's title, it's a nice thing to do to the console of the company who started the series. Good nostalgia there.