PDA

View Full Version : Questions/Concerns

Wunderbar_007
4th Jun 2010, 19:01
Could anyone please help me put my mind at ease. Also, I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering about these so if the developers would be kind enough to comment/answer on these, it will be much appreciated. Your trailers and optimism are awesome, no doubt, but could you please for once address the issues that everyone is talking about?

1. Is the ability to beat the game without augmenting yourself any further (since you absolutely must after your accident) still possible?

2. On that note, apparently "Health Regeneration" as well as some of the "third person quick kills/attacks" are considered augs in this game. Does that mean we have the CHOICE of using them in the game?

Honestly, these are my only concerns thus far with this game. If all this extra nonsense like 3rd person stealth kills and health regeneration are optional, all these concerns are out the window :D

II J0SePh X II
4th Jun 2010, 19:05
Could've been posted in one of the other 200 3rd person/health regen topics.

Wunderbar_007
4th Jun 2010, 19:08
I know :p but it always seems like they get flooded and burried with all this optimism and discussions about nothing. I'm just hoping for a straight answer.

Exian
4th Jun 2010, 19:15
1. I don't know, why would you want to do this though? Are you a Templar?

2. Again I don't know, but I hope so. Perhaps the health regen + third person augs (IF they are augs) are the ones that are installed essentially after the "accident".

That's the straightest answer I could give you...

Perhaps the Health Regen is an optional aug that you can purchase if you want to but I think the 3rd person view is gonna be a must in some parts of the game; I am really not sure, tell me what you think ;)

jordan_a
4th Jun 2010, 19:21
Dont be concerned about health regen. There are tons of game where its implemented and you still die with 3 bullets taken.

Wunderbar_007
4th Jun 2010, 19:22
I have no problem with the 3rd person cover system. Well, no, that's not true, it doesn't belong in Deus Ex, but I can definitely live with that. I'm just curious if you can avoid using these new stealth kills and HR as if it were the original game.

I mean we know nothing about Health Regeneration so besides the fact that it's in the game. How is it implemented? How does that work now that we know energy regenerates as well? Doesn't all this sound a little weird as far as gameplay goes?

Shralla
4th Jun 2010, 19:24
Dont be concerned about health regen. There are tons of game where its implemented and you still die with 3 bullets taken.

Yeah, but you can still take two bullets, duck, take two more bullets, duck, etc.

El_Bel
4th Jun 2010, 19:29

And then there is Deus Efin Ex where 3 bullets could kill you, could make you walk much slower, leaving you vulnerable to enemy attacks, could make your aim worse...

So many states between healthy and dead. Lasting consequences for your actions...