PDA

View Full Version : The Nosgoth Quiz - Win A Custom Forum Title!

Xenonetix
27th Mar 2014, 21:41
Welcome to the first ever Official Nosgoth Quiz! If all goes well, we plan on holding a quiz like this once every two weeks, giving you the chance to win your choice of Forum Title!

To enter this competition is simple. All you have to do is:

Send me a Private Message with the 10 answers to the questions in the below spoiler.
You can send me a Private Message here (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=32209)! I will only take your first message with 10 answers as your entry.
Please do not reveal any answers in this thread, but please feel free to have a spoiler-free discussion about this quiz! You will be disqualified if you post the answers in public.

The deadline for this is Thursday, 3rd April at 8pm UTC (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140403T2000), so you have a whole week to play Nosgoth and find out the answers! The Top 5 people will win a custom forum title of your choice (agreed with and set by me), and if more than 5 people correctly answer all 10 questions, 5 will be randomly selected.

Good luck and have fun!

1. Which Vampire Special Ability can deal the most amount of damage with one use (with no perks or buffs)?

2. Which map is this screenshot taken from?
http://s30.postimg.org/5fvng6xfl/Wheresthis.png

3. Only one Hunter Skin currently displays any hair. Which is it?

4. How many cages are hanging from the central structure in Valeholm?

5. Which Ability has the description: "Fracture the earth with your fist, sending a tremor in a line towards enemies that will knock them from their feet"?

6. Which one of these symbols doesn't belong with the others (in the context of Nosgoth)?
http://s30.postimg.org/jjmxauf9d/Odd_One_Out.png

7. There is a specific name for a kill achieved while dead. What is it?

8. Fill in the gap: "Slake your _________ by feasting..."

9. There are only two in-game Store items (excluding Bundles) with unique Runestone prices right now. Name one!

10. Which map is this screenshot taken from?
http://s30.postimg.org/8iwdjkce9/Wheresthis2.png
(Clue: It's not the same as the answer for question 2!)

Viridian24
28th Mar 2014, 00:47
For the first question: Do factors like perks and skills that buff come into play? Like the Berserker perk, Tyrant's Enrage, etc. And what about falling damage? This question is kind of vague, as there are a lot of circumstances that manipulate damage xD

Xenonetix
28th Mar 2014, 00:51
For the first question: Do factors like perks and skills that buff come into play? Like the Berserker perk, Tyrant's Enrage, etc. And what about falling damage? This question is kind of vague, as there are a lot of circumstances that manipulate damage xD

I've adjusted it to say "(with no perks or buffs)" :) - Sorry for the ambiguity.

Edit: I've also updated Question 9 to exclude the Founders Bundles. Apologies for this as well, as the questions were conceived prior to them being in-store. There is now only one correct answer to Question 9!

ZeroFernir
28th Mar 2014, 11:23
For question number 9, we should exclude skins and boosters, right?

Xenonetix
28th Mar 2014, 16:40
For question number 9, we should exclude skins and boosters, right?

Nope, just the Bundles :) - Obviously, the packs of Runestones themselves are also excluded. All other items are included.

Deltajugg
28th Mar 2014, 23:27
I think I know all the answers except one. I don't understand how can we answer the question number 6. I do not recall ever seeing such symbols, neither in Nosgoth game or in LoK series.

Xenonetix
29th Mar 2014, 00:12
I think I know all the answers except one. I don't understand how can we answer the question number 6. I do not recall ever seeing such symbols, neither in Nosgoth game or in LoK series.

Cute little puzzle isn't it? ;)

DeIYIon
29th Mar 2014, 22:25
Cute little puzzle isn't it? ;)

Oh! Oh! I know the answer to this one =D I was so proud when I figured it out :P

Deltajugg
30th Mar 2014, 12:35
Oh! Oh! I know the answer to this one =D I was so proud when I figured it out :P

Yea I got this now as well, though at first I thought I chose the wrong answer, because part of the "data" needed for the answer didn't show up in the game for me. Luckily I think I answered correctly by accident. :P
Hopefully it's gonna be 10/10. I'm a 100% sure I got 8/10 right, but who knows what I might miss answering to question 1 and 3 :|

Xenonetix
31st Mar 2014, 17:47
At the halfway point, I can say that, although we have some great entries, fewer than 5 of them got 10 out of 10, so it's still anybody's game here!

TheIrtar
1st Apr 2014, 02:53
*fingers crossed*

Xenonetix
2nd Apr 2014, 13:51
With 1 day remaining, everyone still has a very good shot at winning if they haven't already entered!

DeIYIon
3rd Apr 2014, 09:05
At the halfway point, I can say that, although we have some great entries, fewer than 5 of them got 10 out of 10, so it's still anybody's game here! Oh god, I was so sure I got 10/10 and then I read this...

Xenonetix
3rd Apr 2014, 20:46
Thank you to everyone who participated! Here are the answers:

1. Jump Attack by the Tyrant can cause up to 2000 direct damage with one use. Due to the overwhelming number of Savage Pounce answers, I've decided to give half a point for Savage Pounce. :)
2. Freeport
3. Mercenary's Harness
4. 11 cages
5. Shockwave
6. B - When rotated anti-clockwise by 90 degrees, A, C & D are all from Founders Pack Badges, and B is the Runestones symbol.
7. Afterlife Kill
8. Bloodlust
9. 3 Day XP Booster (100 RS) or 7 Day Major All Booster (800 RS) - Many of you said Epic All Booster at 500 RS, but that's the 3 Day version, and the 7 Day Human, Vampire, & Epic Gold Boosters all also cost 500 RS. Keys also cost 500 RS when the quiz was launched.
10. Provance - This symbol is also in Valeholm in multiple places, but not with the same blood spatter. This was the hardest one in my opinion!

I hope you all enjoyed participating! The 5 winners are:

Umngyr - 10
Deltajugg - 10
Dwapook - 9.5
Viridian24 - 8.5
Prime_Abstergo - 8.5

I will contact each of the winners by Private Message. Everyone else got lower than these scores this time around (most of you got 7.5), but thank you for participating!

Deltajugg
4th Apr 2014, 13:02
:D

Was THIS close to fail it though.
BTW you edited my previous post saying I suggested answer hint. I'm sorry if I did, I just didn't think that "this symbol had the least effort put into drawing it" is a legit suggestion :D

Kajirou
4th Apr 2014, 13:26
=P Ah, lamesauce. The Veteran Warbundle doesn't appear in the in-game store for me; and I didn't realize there was different days for the bundles, so I ended up picking the wrong 3-day bundle (although I did point out the other unique prices).

Prime_Abstergo
4th Apr 2014, 13:33
Awesome! Thanks! xD

Bloodlust... Where is this phrase (q8) from? :scratch: That was my biggest fault.

TheIrtar
4th Apr 2014, 13:55
Awesome! Thanks! xD

Bloodlust... Where is this phrase (q8) from? :scratch: That was my biggest fault.

It's on one of the side bar things on the main page in game. Shows a Reaver ripping out someone's throat with the text 'Slake your bloodlust! Press x to execute!'

Also: I'll get you next time, Xenonetix! NEXT TIME!

cmstache
4th Apr 2014, 15:20
Awesome! Thanks! xD

It's a tyrant quote.

Umngyr
4th Apr 2014, 17:24
for me, the worst one was the afterlife kill. I had to poll people to get the right answer for that XD

Deltajugg
4th Apr 2014, 17:59
Ok let me include on how to find the answers for every question, because some people seem to not know that yet.

1. Tyrant's jump attack deals 500 damage, but it's AoE, so it's 500 per enemy, with pounce (or in my case at first thought Abduct with very long fall), being a one target ability, it's impossible to deal more damage than with the most powerful AoE ability. Choking Haze of course excluded, cuz it's a not a special ability.
2. Freeport - that was kinda easy even if you didn't look for it on any map. The mossy green on the wood is kind of Freeport exclusive look, but to be honest I didn't know where it was exactly until I looked for it.
3. Mercenary's Harness - That was kinda risky for me, I didn't have the skin, and basing on the art I could only tell that there's something, but I didn't know if it was hair or feather ornament.
4. 11 cages - You just have to count them on the map.
5. Shockwave - Read the ability descriptions.
6. B - When rotated anti-clockwise by 90 degrees, A, C & D are all from Founders Pack Badges, and B is the Runestones symbol. It didn't trigger for me at first that there's the same symbol on bundles as in the question, so I answered correctly basing on completely unrelated stuff, but later on I had seen them and a symbol on the runestone, so I assumed the answer's A. Only later on I found out that A symbol is placed on a bundle unavailable in the store, but you can see it in the news on the main site.
7. Afterlife Kill - If you look on your profile, you can see your amount of kills, deaths, assist etc. for every class. An afterlife kill amount is included in the statistics
8. Bloodlust - "Slake your bloodlust! Press X to execute!" is one of a few tips shown on the right side in the main game lobby. Other tips include recharging health on supply stations, using pounce and sentinel's flight, now also "Deciever coming soon".
9. 3 Day XP Booster (100 RS) or 7 Day Major All Booster (800 RS) - That's basically it, you just had to check the price for every item for every timespan and see if there's any other item with the same price.
10. Provance Marketplace - The symbol is found in multiple places on both Provance and Valeholm, but only a Marketplace symbol has a blood spatter on it.

Viridian24
4th Apr 2014, 19:34
I guessed Savage Pounce for number one, and Valeholm for 10.

For number 1, I was originally going to go with a Tyrant using Enrage and Berserk with 1 HP, using Charge or Marathon and knocking someone off of the ledge, to include fall damage into the calculation, but then I got confused and asked what other skills counted toward the damage x)

As for 10, I found the symbols around the map in Valeholm, but couldn't find any in Provance, so I guessed the only map I found them on lol