PDA

View Full Version : Kane & Lynch movie

YoungZer0
28th May 2010, 02:25
Latino reviews reports that Ex-Stunt Coordinator and wannabe Director Simon Crane has left the project. A trustworthy source at Millennium said that the Studio and Crane had some fat beef and parted ways.

The new director in talks is Wayne Kramer who's responsible for Running Scared and Crossing Over.

Good news if you ask me, i liked Running Scared.

Bad news: Foxx is still in.

Source. (http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exclusive-wayne-kramer-in-talks-to-direct-kane-and-lynch-10083)

ohitspatty
28th May 2010, 02:36
That's a good start on cleaning up this mess. Another thing is that Kramer always gets involved with the scriptwriting and for the most part actually writes his own. Maybe he can save the storyline from being "Not Another Action Movie With Pointless Slow-Mo and Awful One-Liners".

JackGordon
28th May 2010, 07:41
Bad news: Foxx is still in.[/url]
This.

UhUh
28th May 2010, 08:00
Running Scared had some terrific scenes, this might be a good choice!

JackGordon
28th May 2010, 08:52
The only good thing about Running Scared were the artsy ending credits.

Bevacur
28th May 2010, 14:42
This.

This x2. Seriously, what the hell was Jamie thinking? I am actually surprised he would audition for a white guy....Whatever Kyle was smoking when he chose Jame. I want some.

Might aswell replace Bruce Willis with Jackie Chan or Jet Lee.

I hope Jamie Fox is reading these forums and cries himself to sleep.

ohitspatty
28th May 2010, 16:51
Jackie Chan for Kane! I'd watch that only if they replace Jamie Foxx with
Chris Tucker! Now that's a Kane & Lynch we all want to see.

The only good thing about Running Scared were the artsy ending credits.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man

JackGordon
28th May 2010, 17:01
Good for you if you enjoyed it. I, as a movie buff, just couldn't. But anyways, back on topic...

ohitspatty
28th May 2010, 20:36
As a movie buff I would assume you'd take the Dude's quote lightly.

SlashPrower
28th May 2010, 20:36
I never saw either, but I doubt that this movie can be saved.

Now, if you told me that Kyle Ward had been dumped and they had adopted an entirely different script, well...

JackGordon
28th May 2010, 21:01
As a movie buff I would assume you'd take the Dude's quote lightly.
Oh, I do. ;) Let's go bowling!

ohitspatty
28th May 2010, 21:42
@JackGordon, That's what I'm talking about :)

Anyway,

@SlashPrower, at least now it has a potential to have good visuals.

BeardedHoplite
30th May 2010, 15:45
Chris Tucker! Now that's a Kane & Lynch we all want to see.

Kane & Lynch: Rush Hour :D

sigrun
30th May 2010, 16:04
I think people are blowing the whole Jamie Fox as Lynch way out of proportion, and it's sad to see people doing so just because he is black.

Brackstone17
30th May 2010, 16:30
I think the problem lies more with how much the character has changed. Jamie Foxx could not play the original Lynch, but he is playing the new one. The new one is so different from the original, that people are associating Jamie Foxx with the new awful one. That and there is the fact that it's an obvious attempt to just throw out another buddy cop type of movie because Hollywood seems to think you can't make a buddy cop style movie without one of the main characters being black lest they be accused of racism.

ohitspatty
31st May 2010, 01:54
I think people are blowing the whole Jamie Fox as Lynch way out of proportion, and it's sad to see people doing so just because he is black.

Jamie Foxx will blow Lynch's character out of proportions.

It's not just because he's black, it's also because he is nothing what Lynch should be. Foxx looks young(for his age), he's in shape, and has a very sophisticated look on his face. That's nothing like an overweight balding redneck with a mullet.

SlashPrower
31st May 2010, 12:17
Jamie Foxx will blow Lynch's character out of proportions.

It's not just because he's black, it's also because he is nothing what Lynch should be. Foxx looks young(for his age), he's in shape, and has a very sophisticated look on his face. That's nothing like an overweight balding redneck with a mullet.

Seconded.

Plus, when I look at his other roles, I get the feeling that he couldn't give off the same sort of psychotic, nervous, sort of always-on-edge energy that Lynch has. His roles are more subdued.

You know who he could have been good as? That FBI agent chasing them around in the movie. If you've seen Law Abiding Citizen, you know he could pull that off well in his sleep.

It actually annoys me too when the only reason that people give for not liking Jamie Foxx is because he's black.

JackGordon
31st May 2010, 14:06
Law Abiding Citizen
That movie was a bloody nice surprise!

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jun 2010, 15:38
Meh , i'll make my own Kane & Lynch movie , and i get to play as Lynch ...

OR i'll hire Kevin Gage , that way we'll all be happy ...

SlashPrower
5th Jun 2010, 18:15
Hire Kevin Gage and give me a cameo as a bystander, possibly one of the people in the Mizuki. I doubt I'd fit anywhere else.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jun 2010, 18:26
If you want to get slapped by Kevin Gage you can play Yoko ...
If you want to get shot and die under heavy rain you can play as Jenny ...
Or you can make voice only cameo by playing Annie Lynch , in which you also die ...

Ok , i'll make a new female role that doesn't brutally die then ...

MxOAgentJohnson
5th Jun 2010, 18:56
Hire Kevin Gage and give me a cameo as a bystander, possibly one of the people in the Mizuki. I doubt I'd fit anywhere else.

Your a woman, you dont fit anywhere besides the kitchen.

Im joking :)

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jun 2010, 20:55
Good , she'll play Annie Lynch then , wasn't her corpse left at the kitchen table ? ...

YoungZer0
10th Jun 2010, 13:22
Seconded.

Plus, when I look at his other roles, I get the feeling that he couldn't give off the same sort of psychotic, nervous, sort of always-on-edge energy that Lynch has. His roles are more subdued.

You know who he could have been good as? That FBI agent chasing them around in the movie. If you've seen Law Abiding Citizen, you know he could pull that off well in his sleep.

It actually annoys me too when the only reason that people give for not liking Jamie Foxx is because he's black.Apropos Law Abiding Citizen.

News says that Director F. Gary Gray is in talks to direct Kane & Lynch. F. Gary Gray is responsible for movies like Set It Off, The Negotiator, A Man Apart, The Italian Job, Be Cool and most recently Law Abiding Citizen.

Full story here:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/06/10/f-gary-gray-in-talks-to-direct-kane-lynch/

JackGordon
10th Jun 2010, 13:28
That's good news! Now replace Foxx, rewrite the script and this might turn out to be a decent video game adaptation.

YoungZer0
10th Jun 2010, 13:58
That's good news! Now replace Foxx, rewrite the script and this might turn out to be a decent video game adaptation.

Are you daydreaming again?

JackGordon
10th Jun 2010, 14:37
Why yes I am! :cool:

ohitspatty
13th Jun 2010, 01:41
Another rumor this time it's that F. Gary Gray (Law Abiding Citizen, Be Cool, The Italian Job etc.) is set to direct. Probably Wayne Kramer read the script and was like "F--k this!" and pull out, I mean who can blame him?

Any thoughts? It's still just a rumor. Now...when does the production actually start? The better settle down with someone to direct that mess.

Brackstone17
13th Jun 2010, 02:21
Hell. No. I do not want ANYONE involved in that visual act of terrorism known as The Italian Job remake/sequel to be involved in this. The only person worse then him is Tyler Perry.

GrievousOdyssey
13th Jun 2010, 10:42
Couldn't they just call in Michael Mann ? ...

ohitspatty
13th Jun 2010, 17:07
Couldn't they just call in Michael Mann ? ...

Michael Mann? Wishful thinking. No one with a brain would even consider directing it with that script, you know.

GrievousOdyssey
13th Jun 2010, 20:42
I was also wishing that the first thing Michael Mann will do when he gets on board is burning the script in front of all cast and crews ...

And then recast Jamie Foxx into police officer number four ...

YoungZer0
14th Jun 2010, 08:39
Another rumor this time it's that F. Gary Gray (Law Abiding Citizen, Be Cool, The Italian Job etc.) is set to direct.

Yeah, i kind of mentioned that 4 posts earlier. :D

ohitspatty
14th Jun 2010, 09:29
Yeah, i kind of mentioned that 4 posts earlier. :D

No loves you! :rasp:

I guess I missed that, my bad.

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 11:19
DDDDDAAAAAMMN ...

And i thought i was hallucinating when i saw that same info posted twice ! ...

But then , the pills ... I Took Too Much !!!! ...

ohitspatty
19th Jun 2010, 22:14
I found this just now, it's awesome:

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1613/lynched.jpg

GrievousOdyssey
19th Jun 2010, 22:18
The resemblence is STRIKING ...

Maybe if they shoot it in black in white ...

ohitspatty
19th Jun 2010, 23:24
Now you know that there is still hope!

GrievousOdyssey
19th Jun 2010, 23:32
Jesper Kyd is announced as the film's composer ...

MARVELOUS ...

*but then Grievous found out it was all in his head , and he proceeds to destroy the world* ...

SlashPrower
20th Jun 2010, 13:21
Another rumor this time it's that F. Gary Gray (Law Abiding Citizen, Be Cool, The Italian Job etc.) is set to direct. Probably Wayne Kramer read the script and was like "F--k this!" and pull out, I mean who can blame him?

Well, Law Abiding Citizen was pretty good, and I didn't hate The Italian Job as much as everyone else did. I mean, it was pretty bad but it had Jason Statham and-

Wait, I've got it. Scrap Bruce Willis and put Jason Statham as Kane, because Jason Statham is awesome and Bruce Willis hasn't been in a good movie in forever.

Or, since we've established that movie Lynch is nothing like video game Lynch, have Statham be Lynch. Then I'd totally go see it.

Brackstone17
20th Jun 2010, 16:44
Well, Law Abiding Citizen was pretty good, and I didn't hate The Italian Job as much as everyone else did. I mean, it was pretty bad but it had Jason Statham and-

Wait, I've got it. Scrap Bruce Willis and put Jason Statham as Kane, because Jason Statham is awesome and Bruce Willis hasn't been in a good movie in forever.

Or, since we've established that movie Lynch is nothing like video game Lynch, have Statham be Lynch. Then I'd totally go see it.
Bruce Willis is probably the best part of the film so far, so getting rid of him would be the worst. Especially if Jason Statham replaces him.

Believe it or not, I actually think Jamie Foxx could do a better job as Lynch than Statham could.

SlashPrower
20th Jun 2010, 20:49
Yeah. I just really want to see Statham.

http://www.kingtartous.com/king2/images/jason_statham.jpg

http://www.shejustgotmarried.com/modules/blog/postImages/308/JasonStatham1.jpg

I mean, damn. He has a nice accent, too. This movie is going to suck no matter what, so it might as well give me someone to stare at the entire time. Besides, it not like it matters who would make a better Lynch because Kyle Ward's Lynch acts absolutely nothing like video game Lynch.

*remembers that she's in a forum made up almost entirely of guys*

I see that my point is falling on deaf ears...

GrievousOdyssey
20th Jun 2010, 21:03
*Grievous steps in , Grievous who is , we shall remind , the element that justifies the use of the word 'almost' in the sentence "in a forum made up almost entirely of guys" , because as we all know , Grievous is not Just a 'guy'* ...

Anywya ...

But , i've been thinking , do we really have Proof that the script that was leaked really is the one Kyle Ward has written ? ...

Or who knows , maybe he has written a new one since that last draft ...

SlashPrower
20th Jun 2010, 21:12
It's no use, Grievous. Just give up hope like the rest of us have.

Hey, I heard that Brian Bloom sucked in the new A-Team movie, but not as bad as Rampage did. Can anyone confirm?

Brackstone17
20th Jun 2010, 21:20
It's actually very possible that the shooting script is different from the leaked one, but chances are it won't be significant enough to save the movie.

For example, I read the script for the movie Predators, and then when the trailer came around, I saw some characters in situations they weren't supposed to be in, usually because they came down with a sudden case of "some alien just stuck me like a pig" somewhere earlier in the leaked script. So basically, if the script is different, the most we can hope for is better dialogue from Lynch.

SlashPrower
20th Jun 2010, 21:41
If they make it so that he doesn't use the word "confabulated" ever, I will be 0.2% more cool with this movie.

It's going to be interesting to see if Jamie Foxx can actually pull the dialogue off, whenever I think of the dialogue I think of the voice of the stereotypical smug professor type character.

GrievousOdyssey
20th Jun 2010, 21:44
Seriously though we have to stop being so negative about this movie ...

Dead Men will always be ours , they can't take that away from us ...

YoungZer0
21st Jun 2010, 07:28
Jesper Kyd is announced as the film's composer ...

MARVELOUS ...

*but then Grievous found out it was all in his head , and he proceeds to destroy the world* ...

Source on that, please!

ohitspatty
21st Jun 2010, 13:56
How can't we all just agree that the movie is going to be fantastic?!
Think positive.

GrievousOdyssey
21st Jun 2010, 16:03
I'm THINKING TOO HARD MAN ! ...

Bevacur
21st Jun 2010, 18:36
How can't we all just agree that the movie is going to be fantastic?!
Think positive.

Can't think...positive! Too much..work...can't do it..the film will be a..a..awe...aweso...****. UTTERLY ****. My feces has more amusement!

Morphilms
7th Jul 2010, 17:29
Hey, I heard that Brian Bloom sucked in the new A-Team movie, but not as bad as Rampage did. Can anyone confirm?

Bit off topic but Brian also co wrote the A-Team movie

Kent-45
7th Jul 2010, 19:43
It amuses me to see everyone so in a rage about a *gasp* black man *gasp* portraying Lynch... as if they could merely switch him out with Kevin Gage and this movie would all of a sudden not suck.

News flash folks... this movie is going to SUCK. It's a statistical certainty. No matter if Kevin Gage, Jason Statham, or Jamie Foxx is up there... it's never going to be up to the standards of the ravenous Kane & Lynch community here. Frankly I don't think any Kane & Lynch movie would be, unless they just took 2 hours of in-game footage and threw it up on the screen and charged people 8 bucks to go see it.

Some of you guys need to chill the **** out, and accept this for what it is... one guys interpretation of the Kane & Lynch story. It's going to suck. We all know it's going to suck. The amount of suckage is capped though, with the addition of Bruce Willis. So no matter how much this movie sucks, we know that Bruce Willis will at least keep it out of the endless eternal void of suck that is known only as the 5 dollar bargain bin at Walmart.

and if you think Bruce Willis can't make suck movies, just go watch "Hostage" (2005) ... I dare you. Ben Foster couldn't even save that piece of crap. Ben ******* Foster couldn't even do it folks. What does that tell you?

SlashPrower
7th Jul 2010, 20:25
Bruce Willis makes a lot of suck movies nowadays.

See: Hostage, Surrogates

Interpreting something to adapt it to the screen is fine. I'm okay with subtracting things, condensing other things, etc. It's just that Kyle Ward's interpretation is so incredibly loose that it's pretty much unrelated to the game.

I mean, the movie's about Cold War experiments and saving the world.

YoungZer0
7th Jul 2010, 20:53
Bruce Willis makes a lot of suck movies nowadays.

See: Hostage, Surrogates

Interpreting something to adapt it to the screen is fine. I'm okay with subtracting things, condensing other things, etc. It's just that Kyle Ward's interpretation is so incredibly loose that it's pretty much unrelated to the game.

I mean, the movie's about Cold War experiments and saving the world.

Wait, what?

taylornathan2991
7th Jul 2010, 21:18
Michael mann would be a good director for K&L the movie. lol

Kent-45
7th Jul 2010, 22:08
I don't think so. Michael Mann develops every single character down to the very last detail. Watch the director's commentary on the 2nd disc of "Collateral" and you'll see the extent to which Mann develops characters. He's insane.

Simply put... Kane & Lynch are not nearly developed enough for Michael Mann to ever accept them. He'd want to do a lot of backstory himself, before he ever took on a project like this. Hell, for the movie "Heat" he actually had a bunch of people research west coast prison crews for his movie. Neil's tattoos are authentic. This is the kind of director Michael Mann is.

He wouldn't put up with the Kane & Lynch story for very long, I would guess. Too many plot holes. Too many questions left unanswered. The game goes out of it's way to make everything needlessly confusing, in an attempt to make things zomg ULTRA SUPAR REALISMTIC TIME LOl when in actuality, all it does is leave Kane & Lynch as half-baked characters with no real backstory.

GrievousOdyssey
8th Jul 2010, 00:30
Wait, what?

I wholly recommend you to keep up with us by taking the real train and not the Slow ass train ...

Michael mann would be a good director for K&L the movie. lol

What's so funny about that ? It's a fact ! ...

I don't think so. Michael Mann develops every single character down to the very last detail. Watch the director's commentary on the 2nd disc of "Collateral" and you'll see the extent to which Mann develops characters. He's insane.

Simply put... Kane & Lynch are not nearly developed enough for Michael Mann to ever accept them. He'd want to do a lot of backstory himself, before he ever took on a project like this. Hell, for the movie "Heat" he actually had a bunch of people research west coast prison crews for his movie. Neil's tattoos are authentic. This is the kind of director Michael Mann is.

He wouldn't put up with the Kane & Lynch story for very long, I would guess. Too many plot holes. Too many questions left unanswered. The game goes out of it's way to make everything needlessly confusing, in an attempt to make things zomg ULTRA SUPAR REALISMTIC TIME LOl when in actuality, all it does is leave Kane & Lynch as half-baked characters with no real backstory.

No Kent , we're saying that we much prefer Michael Mann to make up a story , just like Kyle Ward did , put Lynch and Kane in it , just like Kyle Ward did , and make a good movie out of it , unlike what Kyle Ward did ...

Kent-45
8th Jul 2010, 00:44
I wholly recommend you to keep up with us by taking the real train and not the Slow ass train ...

What's so funny about that ? It's a fact ! ...

No Kent , we're saying that we much prefer Michael Mann to make up a story , just like Kyle Ward did , put Lynch and Kane in it , just like Kyle Ward did , and make a good movie out of it , unlike what Kyle Ward did ...

What I'm saying is that Michael Mann couldn't do that. You couldn't sit Michael Mann down in a director's chair, hand him the characters of Kane & Lynch (as they are established by IO, up to this point) and say "Make a movie out of these two"

he couldn't do it. He'd go back and rewrite tons of stuff for both of these characters. It wouldn't even be Kane & Lynch by the time he was done with them.

GrievousOdyssey
8th Jul 2010, 00:47
he couldn't do it. He'd go back and rewrite tons of stuff for both of these characters. It wouldn't even be Kane & Lynch by the time he was done with them.

Which is WHY We Would MUCH PREFER Mister Mann to Do Whatever the hell he wants with Lynch and Kane then leaving it all to KYLE WARD , WE WOULD PREFER MANN TO **** IT ALL UP , Because even at its worst , it would still be a ******* Masterpiece compared to Ward's work ! ...

Is that so ******* hard to believe ? ...

YoungZer0
8th Jul 2010, 15:25
I like my slow train. At least it never crashes.

But seriously, what the **** is she talking about? Does she mean the script? I never read it, i'd love to though.

GrievousOdyssey
8th Jul 2010, 15:54

But seriously, what the **** is she talking about? Does she mean the script? I never read it, i'd love to though.

The script was leaked online years ago , and someone even posted it on this forum , Slash was one of those who read that awful script from beginning to end , and then she made a twenty minute rant of it on youtube ...

Everybody seems to be convinced that this script is real , i however remain quite suspicious about it ... from the excerpts i read it just looks too stupid to be real , surely it must have gone through some severe change since then ... or maybe it was just some terrible fanfic posed up as the real script ...

PS : Of course your bloody train never crashes , it barely moves ! ...

GrievousOdyssey
8th Jul 2010, 15:59
Apropos Law Abiding Citizen.

News says that Director F. Gary Gray is in talks to direct Kane & Lynch.

That's good news!

LOL , guess what Jack Gordon said back in March Second 2010 in another topic about the Kane & Lynch movie ...

I'd recommend F. Gary Grey...

CONSPIRACY ...

SlashPrower
8th Jul 2010, 17:01

*sigh* I'll repost the summary I did in another thread.

Kane is a former Navy SEAL. He was never in The7, and never betrayed anybody. Instead, his partner (Crowley or something) betrayed Kane for The7, which Crowley is part of. Lynch is a very intelligent man who has amnesia. Crowley breaks them out of jail and explains that they will be looking for a microchip which Retomoto has or he'll kill Kane's family. He also explains that he has to look after Lynch, who is a "wiseman", the last surviving volunteer of a government experiment called Black Charon orchestrated during the Cold War designed to take mentally unstable people and encode numerical information within their brains. Lynch doesn't really remember this. They look for the microchip, Lynch freaks out and kills a few people with his bare hands, they learn that the microchip is called the Skeleton Key and holds the activation codes for most of the Soviet nukes. They also learn that Lynch was a scientific advisor for the NSA and his wife was his nurse who treated him when he was recovering from the experiments.

Blah blah blah, they find the microchip, take it from Retomoto, turns out Lynch is the Skeleton Key and the microchip is just sort oof an activation code. This is revealed in what will admittedly be a cool, creepy scene if it's directed correctly. Kane's wife is killed, he goes after his daughter.

Meanwhile, there's this FBI agent and his idiot assistant following them the entire time. They don't serve any purpose besides exposition and bad attempts at humor, but near the end they capture Kane, then release him because they're going to help him SAVE TEH WORLD. Lynch gets captured by Crowley, there's this firefight between every character that's not Jenny/Eliza, Crowley and The7 are killed.

In the end, Kane is serving a normal prison sentence and has reconciled with his daughter. Lynch escapes and goes to Venice, telling Kane in a letter that he will be looking for the people who experimented on him. It ends with a sequel hook as the FBI agent (Carmichael) walks into Kane's cell and says that he has a job for him.

Also, Kane's name is Marcus Kane, his daughter is Eliza, Lynch's first name is Lester but it used to be Bishop.

Brackstone17
8th Jul 2010, 17:06
Wow, the number of times you've needed to post that is astounding. You should probably make it your sig or something.

Kent-45
8th Jul 2010, 17:12
Kyle Ward should be arrested for rape.

Brackstone17
8th Jul 2010, 17:17
It's worse than just rape, it's murder too.

Bevacur
8th Jul 2010, 19:32
Rape, murder, incest, theft, manslaughter, breaking and entering, assault, GBH, jaywalking. Kyle needs to pay for these crimes!

YoungZer0
8th Jul 2010, 21:39
*sigh* I'll repost the summary I did in another thread.

Kane is a former Navy SEAL. He was never in The7, and never betrayed anybody. Instead, his partner (Crowley or something) betrayed Kane for The7, which Crowley is part of. Lynch is a very intelligent man who has amnesia. Crowley breaks them out of jail and explains that they will be looking for a microchip which Retomoto has or he'll kill Kane's family. He also explains that he has to look after Lynch, who is a "wiseman", the last surviving volunteer of a government experiment called Black Charon orchestrated during the Cold War designed to take mentally unstable people and encode numerical information within their brains. Lynch doesn't really remember this. They look for the microchip, Lynch freaks out and kills a few people with his bare hands, they learn that the microchip is called the Skeleton Key and holds the activation codes for most of the Soviet nukes. They also learn that Lynch was a scientific advisor for the NSA and his wife was his nurse who treated him when he was recovering from the experiments.

Blah blah blah, they find the microchip, take it from Retomoto, turns out Lynch is the Skeleton Key and the microchip is just sort oof an activation code. This is revealed in what will admittedly be a cool, creepy scene if it's directed correctly. Kane's wife is killed, he goes after his daughter.

Meanwhile, there's this FBI agent and his idiot assistant following them the entire time. They don't serve any purpose besides exposition and bad attempts at humor, but near the end they capture Kane, then release him because they're going to help him SAVE TEH WORLD. Lynch gets captured by Crowley, there's this firefight between every character that's not Jenny/Eliza, Crowley and The7 are killed.

In the end, Kane is serving a normal prison sentence and has reconciled with his daughter. Lynch escapes and goes to Venice, telling Kane in a letter that he will be looking for the people who experimented on him. It ends with a sequel hook as the FBI agent (Carmichael) walks into Kane's cell and says that he has a job for him.

Also, Kane's name is Marcus Kane, his daughter is Eliza, Lynch's first name is Lester but it used to be Bishop.

You gotta be ******* kidding me.

Bevacur
8th Jul 2010, 21:55
Lol, the entire script is a joke. Anyone know what Kyle was smoking when he made the script?

SlashPrower
9th Jul 2010, 00:51
I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure Grievous has a healthy supply of it.

ohitspatty
9th Jul 2010, 00:55
Honestly...if it wasn't a Kane & Lynch flick but just a shoot-em buddy flick I might even enjoy it because the action in it fun and the dialogue is punchy.

kelly is belly
9th Jul 2010, 11:12

no one wants a monkey playing lynch

Zidrien
9th Jul 2010, 11:16
no one wants a monkey playing lynch

Isn't that, I dunno... racist, or something?

Bevacur
9th Jul 2010, 12:48
Oh dear. Incoming race war!

Slash, then i am guessing Kyle smokes ****, alot of ****! As pretty much anything that comes out of Grievous mouth is ****!

Brackstone17
9th Jul 2010, 13:41
Kyle Ward is the kid in your fourth grade math class that would sniff markers all class instead of learning division.

Bevacur
9th Jul 2010, 14:29
Also eat glue in art and get sent to sit in the corner with a dunce hat.

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jul 2010, 00:36
It's worse than just rape, it's murder too.

Personally i think that rape is triple billion worse than murder , but then again that's just me ...

Anyone know what Kyle was smoking when he made the script?

I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure Grievous has a healthy supply of it.

Go **** yourself ...

then i am guessing Kyle smokes ****, alot of ****! As pretty much anything that comes out of Grievous mouth is ****!

**** ! ...

GrievousOdyssey
18th Jul 2010, 03:01
OOOOUH Golly Golly Gollie ...

F Gary Gray is forty one years old today/yesterday/tomorrow depending on where you live , it's his birthday ! let's wish him luck ! ...

Hope Kyle Ward has rewritten a brand new script as his birthday present ! ...

BeardedHoplite
18th Jul 2010, 15:25
I just had an idea, with all this talk about Jason Statham, why not just make the movie as much as like Snatch as possible. That movie rocked. maybe Guy Richie could be drawn in. An English accented Kane would be....er...****, just forget I said anything

Acid_Burn
27th Jul 2010, 09:03
Ok. Some news, guys.

The new director is Patrick Alessandrin (District 13: Ultimatum).

Skip Woods (screenwriter for X-men: Wolverine, Hitman) is doing some changes in the script. And now Kane & Lynch are not looking for some microchip. They will look for some really bad-ass weapons.

MxOAgentJohnson
27th Jul 2010, 09:24
Ok. Some news, guys.

The new director is Patrick Alessandrin (District 13: Ultimatum).

Skip Woods (screenwriter for X-men: Wolverine, Hitman) is doing some changes in the script. And now Kane & Lynch are not looking for some microchip. They will look for some really bad-ass weapons.

Still not good enough.

JackGordon
27th Jul 2010, 10:23
A weapons deal is way more plausible. So that's good news, at least, to me it is.

Zidrien
27th Jul 2010, 11:29
Ya, I'd go weapons over a microchip.

ohitspatty
27th Jul 2010, 11:47
Hopefully Skip Woods will just pen out a whole new script.

That would be nice. Also that means that Lynch might not be the Skeleton Key after all.

Brackstone17
27th Jul 2010, 14:09
Any change that leads the story away from microchips is a good one if you ask me.

ohitspatty
27th Jul 2010, 17:38
...doesn't the film sound like MacGruber now?

GrievousOdyssey
28th Jul 2010, 01:19
They gave Kane & Lynch to THAT director ? ...

Do you guys have ANY Idea just what this film is going to look like now ? ...

You could fork out the drama of the year and he's Still going to make it into one of those films where each cut lasts 0.02 seconds and you see stuff flying all over the place , even if it's just a scene with two people talking ...

Yeah i'll need a drink ...

Edit : And what the hell , this is a sticky thread now ? ...

BeardedHoplite
28th Jul 2010, 14:24

With those cuts? I need two drinks and an asprin.

GrievousOdyssey
30th Jul 2010, 21:28
Man I would love to be in that movie. I'm not big enough star I guess...

Poor Ice-T , he's obviously a better choice than Jamie Foxx ...

ohitspatty
31st Jul 2010, 14:03
...only if Ice Cube plays Kane and Chris Tucker gets to play Cosgrove (or whatever the main bad guy is called).

GrievousOdyssey
31st Jul 2010, 14:36
Soulja Boy ...

ohitspatty
31st Jul 2010, 17:21
Don't forget Bow Wow as Eliza/Jenny.

SlashPrower
31st Jul 2010, 18:27
Cosgrove (or whatever the main bad guy is called).

I thought it was Crowley.

Hm.

Well, I'm certainly not going back to check. That script destroyed my soul.

GrievousOdyssey
31st Jul 2010, 18:44
. . .

Slash ...

Stop ... Worrying ... About ... That ... Damn ... Script ... ! ...

I'm serious , when the film comes out and i see NOTHING of Kyle Ward's script in it , i'm going to slap you ... big time ... ! ...

With a pie , of course ...

coyote_guy
9th Aug 2010, 01:35
I'm glad they ditched the whole microchip thing. Now onto the whole saving the world, and Lynch being sophisticated thing.

Bevacur
9th Aug 2010, 16:18
I found this just now, it's awesome:

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1613/lynched.jpg

So Lynch is now some Jamaican looking crackhead? The film is screwed.

Bevacur
20th Aug 2010, 16:23
They gave Kane & Lynch to THAT director ? ...

Do you guys have ANY Idea just what this film is going to look like now ? ...

You could fork out the drama of the year and he's Still going to make it into one of those films where each cut lasts 0.02 seconds and you see stuff flying all over the place , even if it's just a scene with two people talking ...

Edit : And what the hell , this is a sticky thread now ? ...

District 13? Wasn't that about aliens? I thought the film was pretty ******* awesome.

ohitspatty
20th Aug 2010, 18:00
District 9 is the one with aliens by Neill Blomkamp.

District 13 is whole different movie. I haven't seen it yet but I heard it was decent.

UhUh
24th Aug 2010, 14:11
Found this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU5qIvdG5eo&feature=related) fan made trailer, really well done.

JackGordon
24th Aug 2010, 14:55
Really well done! Still love that original trailer tune in the beginning :)

ohitspatty
24th Aug 2010, 16:58
Very nice indeed. Only I'm not sure if he's good for Lynch...

Better than Foxx but still, doesn't sit with me well.

Kent-45
24th Aug 2010, 17:37
The best parts of Running Scared were when Paul Walker shoved a gun in that *****es face and like screamed that speech about trust and not lying to him about where so-and-so was and was like I'M GONNA COME BACK HERE AND **** YOU UP...

And the part with the child mollesters, that was pure stylistic genius.

Bevacur
24th Aug 2010, 19:51
Running scared? I heard of that somwhere...it involves a boy in some house owned by paedophile's or child molesters? Wow that was creepy...

Oh and his dad or brother gets tortured by having hockey pucks launched into his face?

Lynch 42
25th Aug 2010, 22:07

THIS, PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE
PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE
PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE!!!! :nut:

SlashPrower
25th Aug 2010, 22:09
I don't get why everyone freaks out about Foxx. I mean, yeah, it was the first sign that this movie was going to suck balls, but he's hardly the worst thing about it. Foxx is a good actor.

JackGordon
25th Aug 2010, 22:23
I have one thing to say, Slash; stick with the ******* source material (characters incl.).

What's next? Tomb Raider III, starring Kathy Bates as Lara Croft? An Amistad remake with white slaves?!

SlashPrower
25th Aug 2010, 23:06
Well, it doesn't bother me so much that his race has changed, it's far more annoying to me how his personality changed. Now there's a problem from not sticking to the source material.

My only problem with them bringing Foxx in is that it seemed like a blatant attempt to seem more PC. I would have been better with him being one of the FBI agents. He already played something like that in Law Abiding Citizen- it wouldn't be much of a stretch.

JackGordon
25th Aug 2010, 23:17
The PC part, that's my biggest problem as well.

joe the janitor
26th Aug 2010, 04:47
Patrick Alessandrin is directing this... Oh god. Don't get me wrong, hes not a bad director. It's just hes way better at directing something like an over the top action film. I really wish they would have maybe got David Cronenberg, or Joe Carnahan.
I guess Skip Woods could be an ok screen writer for this movie but he will have to get out of the "SUPER DUPER, LOTS OF ACTION (http://img826.imageshack.us/i/skipwoodsmovies.jpg/)" phase hes been in.

SlashPrower
26th Aug 2010, 14:10
I have almost no idea who Patrick Alessandrin is, but from the look of the movies he's done I can't imagine he'll do very well at this.

If I wanted to watch an over-the-top action movie I'd go rent the Crank movies or something. >_>

Brackstone17
26th Aug 2010, 14:59
Over the top action might be alright in this case, at least then we won't have to focus on the butchered plot and characters.

SlashPrower
26th Aug 2010, 15:07
Well, I guess if they make it really super crazy action, it'll end up being hilarious.

I want at least one explosion in the background with Kane and Lynch walking nonchalantly away in slow motion.

Also, they should put in the car chase in Cracking Up, except make it more EXTREEEEEEEEME and have the van go over a ramp or something.

Oh, that reminds me why I also didn't like the script- none of the really good action scenes were carried over from the game. There's plenty scenes in that game that would have been awesome in a movie, like Retomoto Tower, The Mizuki, and Withdrawal, that just don't show up at all. I don't think any of them showed up, really. The only chapter from the game that I can think of that could be linked to a scene from the script was Impact, and only barely.

ohitspatty
26th Aug 2010, 17:12
I'm defiantly going to watch it just so I can talk crap about it.

Brackstone17
26th Aug 2010, 18:42
Oh, that reminds me why I also didn't like the script- none of the really good action scenes were carried over from the game. There's plenty scenes in that game that would have been awesome in a movie, like Retomoto Tower, The Mizuki, and Withdrawal, that just don't show up at all. I don't think any of them showed up, really. The only chapter from the game that I can think of that could be linked to a scene from the script was Impact, and only barely.

They can't really do that when you think about it. Retomoto Tower and the Mizuki are basically scenes from Heat and Collateral. It's fine emulating it in a different format like games, but if they made those levels part of the film, they probably wouldn't hold up and it would just attract more criticism. Withdrawal would be cool though.

ohitspatty
26th Aug 2010, 20:46
But movies play homages to other movies all the time...how would this be different? I'd love to see the scene from night club.

Brackstone17
26th Aug 2010, 20:58
Homages are fine, but this is more than just homage. How would it look if a new film came out that had the exact same chase scene as the one in The French Connection? It's a matter of why someone would want to see an action film where all the action scenes in it have been done better elsewhere.

SlashPrower
26th Aug 2010, 21:10
I'm defiantly going to watch it just so I can talk crap about it.

I'm going to watch it because 70% of my subscribers subscribed because of my rant and I feel like I should follow it up.

Plus, I'm sure there will be much lulz from all the failure.

ohitspatty
26th Aug 2010, 21:47
Homages are fine, but this is more than just homage. How would it look if a new film came out that had the exact same chase scene as the one in The French Connection? It's a matter of why someone would want to see an action film where all the action scenes in it have been done better elsewhere.

...but it's not like the scenes was exactly same thing as in Heat and neither was the club scene. They had the similar feel but the action was different in my opinion.

Besides action films use the same formulas all the time.

RAAMzilla
27th Aug 2010, 01:13
I just don't understand. Why Foxx?

I mean, what must you be thinking to cast an African American actor/singer as a relatively well-known Caucasian game character?

I know that without a doubt, Foxx will flat-out ruin Lynch's character and likely the entire movie.

VegaSagatBison
27th Aug 2010, 15:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU5qIvdG5eo

ohitspatty
28th Aug 2010, 18:54
Found this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU5qIvdG5eo&feature=related) fan made trailer, really well done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU5qIvdG5eo

But it's good fan made trailer, so I'll give you a break.

SlashPrower
28th Aug 2010, 19:06
God, I love that trailer. Now there's a movie I'd be happy to see.

GrievousOdyssey
28th Aug 2010, 22:10
The Movie , as far as i'm concerned , came out three years ago , it's called "Dead Men" , and disguised itself as a 'video game' , whatever the hell that is ...

ohitspatty
29th Aug 2010, 05:04
The Movie , as far as i'm concerned , came out three years ago , it's called "Dead Men" , and disguised itself as a 'video game' , whatever the hell that is ...

It's a fine film. I have it for 360 and PS3.

Besides I was watching Horsemen and I think Peter Stormare could play good Lynch.

Bevacur
5th Sep 2010, 18:34
I just don't understand. Why Foxx?

I mean, what must you be thinking to cast an African American actor/singer as a relatively well-known Caucasian game character?

I know that without a doubt, Foxx will flat-out ruin Lynch's character and likely the entire movie.

This.

GrievousOdyssey
6th Sep 2010, 18:39
What a very insightful post you just made , Bevacur , you ought to win the internet right away ...

GrievousOdyssey
9th Sep 2010, 22:53
Whoa , brothers ! i just found out why Lynch killed his wife ! ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tiHTm6nBUw

That's Lynch alright , can't fool me , he got no glasses so what ? the beard is there ! ...

BeardedHoplite
10th Sep 2010, 00:38
Ah, he's got some Scorsese eybrows, for sure

GrievousOdyssey
11th Sep 2010, 03:05
This scene is from District 13: Ultimatum , Patrick Alessandrin's last movie (dates from 2009 , the last film he made before this one dates back to 2003 , suffice to say , he doesn't make much movies) ... now the quality is poor , but you don't need high quality to see what's going on ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FLs65igpyg

Now ... Patrick is , last we heard (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1459046&postcount=81) , the one supposed to direct the Kane & Lynch movie , obviously the hollywood producers must have seen a huge resemblence between Patrick's last film and the script they've got for Kane & Lynch ... and yeah , seeing how Agent 47 had a sword fight in the Hitman movie , it's not that hard to picture Bruce and Jamie jumping and running all over the places ...

Now ... i'm not finished yet ...
As i've showned in the Reviews thread ... this particular article (http://www.macon.com/2010/09/10/1257249_documentary-style-saves-kane-lynch.html) closes with the lines "Perhaps the designers felt like a documentary style would get gamers thinking about the movie adaptation." ... now ... yes , almost over , before we jump on saying the one who wrote that line is just 'assuming' it ... let's look back at that scene from Patrick's last film ... and read this line again ... now ...

Let's freak out ...

Bevacur
11th Sep 2010, 12:18
Let's freak out ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOEi4LreM34&feature=related

GrievousOdyssey
18th Sep 2010, 16:49
Brothers ! I got it ! the irrefutable best cast ...

Lee Marvin as Kane ...
Peter Sellers as Lynch ...
And the film should be directed by Sam Peckinpah ...
With a screenplay supervised by Stanley Kubrick ...

Now , all we need is to find some tauren voodoo to revive the dead ...

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Sep 2010, 23:52
Alright , scratch that , i've got a cast with Live people ...

Nick Nolte or Keanu Reeves as Kane ...
Kris Kristofferson or Gary Busey as Lynch ...
Directed by Clint Eastwood ...
And written by Robert Redford , Oliver Stone and Brian DePalma ...
With supervisions from Hideo Kojima (for any of the 'government' related segments) ...

Irrefutable , right ? ...

Bevacur
23rd Sep 2010, 06:46
CGI film please. You seen the CGI trailer for Dog Day's and the ones from Dead Men, they look ******* awesome. Screw live actors, they **** it up or they don't look right.

Bring back Brian Bloom and whoever voiced Lynch!

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Sep 2010, 10:50
If Activision was publishing Kane & Lynch , a CGI movie would have been a instant guarantee , given Bobby's latest statement about suggesting to put StarCraft 2's cinematics as a full fleged movie ...

Then again , if Kane & Lynch was being supervised by Activision , the game would have been canned already for them bad reviews ...

Then again , maybe the game wouldn't have gotten all the bad reviews in the first place if they get more time and ressources from Activision's might ! ...

Questions , so many questions , and dreams ... gone ... dust ...

ohitspatty
23rd Sep 2010, 15:34
Keanu Reeves can only play one character and that's...Keanu Reeves himself.

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Sep 2010, 15:37
That's not possible , he can't be both Neo and Klaatu ... can he ? ...

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Sep 2010, 17:23
FOUND Lynch ...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71JG5ZR08NL._SL500_AA300_.gif
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/514177VMSPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

JackGordon
23rd Sep 2010, 17:27
That looks like one of those retarded crapper seat stickers from the 90's.

EDIT: Way to encourage me to not even lift the seat:
http://www.mediabistro.com/galleycat/original/toilettwilight.jpg

GrievousOdyssey
25th Sep 2010, 16:23
'Kane & Lynch' struggles to break out of jail (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2010/09/kane-lynch-bruce-willis-patrick-alessandrin-videogame-movie.html)

PS: byebye Patrick ! ...

Kent-45
25th Sep 2010, 16:35
This movie needs to die....

BeardedHoplite
25th Sep 2010, 16:51
Eh, if shooting's gonna start in 2011 at the earliest, we probably won't see it till 2013! By then, we'll have a another IO game to play

GrievousOdyssey
25th Sep 2010, 20:44
You forgot that the world ends at december 2012 ...

So we better see a Kane & Lynch III soon !!! ...

Or a director's cut of the first two , just , Something ! ...

UhUh
27th Sep 2010, 10:03
Seems like nobody (http://kotaku.com/5648578/and-yet-another-director-is-off-kane--lynch-movie) wants to direct this flick.

GrievousOdyssey
27th Sep 2010, 16:27
You know **** is really bad when even We starts to repeat amongst ourselves ...

Bevacur
27th Sep 2010, 17:49
Seems like nobody (http://kotaku.com/5648578/and-yet-another-director-is-off-kane--lynch-movie) wants to direct this flick.

I'll happily direct.

1. Remove Foxx and Willis.

2. hire both Brian and whoever voiced Lynch as the duo.

3. Scrap current script and write new one.

4. Hire everyone from IO to help.

5. Hire everyone from the Kane and Lynch forums to help.

6.???

7. PROFIT!!!

BeardedHoplite
4th Oct 2010, 03:16
Paul Reubens for Lynch!
http://0.tqn.com/d/crime/1/0/v/7/reubenspaul.jpg

GrievousOdyssey
4th Oct 2010, 14:45
The producer of Hitman and Kane & Lynch is now also working on a Just Cause movie ... (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=267956)

So ... video game adaptation it is for the next decade in hollywood then ? ...

GrievousOdyssey
7th Oct 2010, 15:42
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Bruce-Willis-And-Patrick-Alessandrin-Further-Kill-Kane-Lynch-By-Moving-On-To-Ten-21031.html

Oddly enough, though, the director of 'Ten' will be Patrick Alessandrin, who torpedoed what would have been Willis's next project when he walked away from directing Kane & Lynch just a month before production was set to start. They had already been planning to delay production while searching for another director, but with Alessandrin and Willis jumping in to Ten together, this might be the final gasp for Kane & Lynch. The script comes from The A-Team and X-Men Origins: Wolverine writer Skip Woods, so you are invited to be skeptical from here on out.

So ... if ... and i mean IF ... Willis does drop out of Kane & Lynch ...

Jamie Foxx will have to save the day all by himself ...

JackGordon
7th Oct 2010, 15:54
I actually hope this movie never gets made. And if it does, it better be close to perfection.

ohitspatty
7th Oct 2010, 16:42
I actually wanted to see the failure :(

GrievousOdyssey
7th Oct 2010, 16:45
I actually wanted to see the film with a story that is completely different than the one Slash was always complaining about , knowing that she was mad about something that wasn't even real ...

ohitspatty
7th Oct 2010, 16:46
...and I wanted for you to be wrong about that.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Oct 2010, 16:58
No but really , it doesn't help that more than half of the criticism we handed out to Ward's 'genius' is just ill placed ...

Do you even know when did that script was written ? ...

The news of the movie rights being bought was in early 2007 , Kyle Ward was tasked to write that script right away , so he wrote his script during mid-2007 , by late September it was complete ...
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men ... came out in mid-November ...

So ... how is Ward's fault for making the characters outrageously different from what we've seen in the game , how is it his fault for not knowing the game's full plot , in fact , None of us did at that time ! ...

Had Kyle Ward wrote that masterpiece after the game was released , then yes , by all means , burn it ...
But this wasn't the case ...

And , it's been three years since that script was settled down , surely it has 'changed' ... a bit ...

PS: not to mention that this whole thing about the script been leaked just sounds ... awkward ...

Alright , we had our laughs when we saw what a disaster it is compared to the game ...
But Slash has really took it seriously , to an extreme degree ...

ohitspatty
7th Oct 2010, 17:08
Haha but that's Slash...she takes cup cakes and muffins seriously.

GrievousOdyssey
25th Nov 2010, 23:41
Ooooh , so THIS is why Billy Bob Thornton wasn't going to be on board to play Lynch ...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=277826

Midly surprising for someone who already voiced in a video game before ...

And yes , that game did involved 'killing' ...

ohitspatty
26th Nov 2010, 00:54
First Max Payne, now Nathan Drake.

Mark Wahlberg should go to hell.

Brackstone17
26th Nov 2010, 01:14

Agreed. I cannot stand that *******. And I thought this before he started ruining both good and bad videogame characters. Ever since The Italian Job, I have hated that actor.

IMPYEMU
26th Nov 2010, 01:29

Whoah whoah whoah whoah whoah whoah whoah WHOA.

WTF?

They're making a film adaptation of Uncharted and MARKYEY-MARK IS PLAYING DRAKE?

That's probably the most unintentionally horrifyingly bad casting I've ever heard ever, ever.

EVER.

ohitspatty
26th Nov 2010, 02:13
That's probably the most unintentionally horrifyingly bad casting I've ever heard ever, ever.

EVER.

It's pretty bad but I have seen worse, way worse.

ROSIE O'DONNELL as Betty Rubbles.
So what they got Fred Flinstone right if they screw so bad on Betty.

or wait for it...

VINCE VAUGHN is… NORMAN BATES!

Brackstone17
26th Nov 2010, 02:19
How about...

John Wayne is... GHENGIS KHAN!

I think that's just about the worst.

ohitspatty
26th Nov 2010, 02:20
That sounds silly, but I have never seen it.

IMPYEMU
26th Nov 2010, 02:25
I'm sorry, Vince Vaughn was miscast in the Psycho remake, but Mark Walhberg . . .

Playing Nathan Drake?

Nathan Drake is a young (key-word) good-looking smug tough guy action movie cliche, this, Mark Walhberg is not.

Norman Bates is a crazy character, and Vuaghn is . . . kind of crazy, I guess. But no, THAT is just BAD.

GrievousOdyssey
26th Nov 2010, 02:27
How the hell did you guys managed to get this so far off topic ? ...

Not to mention that if you're going to talk about the Uncharted casting , how come i don't see any mentioning on the consideration of casting De Niro and Pesci as Drake's father and uncle ? ...
Now that's embarrassing ...

PS: Mark Walhberg as Lynch ! ...
It's either him or that rapper over there , you choose ...

ohitspatty
26th Nov 2010, 02:29
You showed us the way, Charlie.

Brackstone17
26th Nov 2010, 02:31
That sounds silly, but I have never seen it.
It's just about the most ill-concieved movie of all time. First, there's the casting, obviously. Then when you consider that it was filmed on top of a nuclear test site that resulted in over half the cast and crew dying from cancer and disease, it's clear that this never should have been made.

IMPYEMU
26th Nov 2010, 02:31
How the hell did you guys managed to get this so far off topic ? ...

Not to mention that if you're going to talk about the Uncharted casting , how come i don't see any mentioning on the consideration of casting De Niro and Pesci as Drake's father and uncle ? ...
Now that's embarrassing ...

PS: Mark Walhberg as Lynch ! ...
It's either him or that rapper over there , you choose ...

...Drake's Father and Uncle?

Did they play the same game as me? :eek:

BTW, there both old as **** so I don't know. De Niro was pretty lame in Machete, and I haven't seen a new movie with Pesci in years . . .

It's sad really, considering their the duo from my (probably) favorite movie ever, CASINO.

EDIT: Sorry for causing the off-topicness . . . don't stone me.

Let's get back on topic. I have aboslutely NO faith in this movie, WHATSOEVER.

BUT, I will still spend money to go see the colossal failure it will inevitably be.

ohitspatty
26th Nov 2010, 02:35
It's sad really, considering their the duo from my (probably) favorite movie ever,

Goodfellas?

CASINO.
:hmm:

IMPYEMU
26th Nov 2010, 02:38
Goodfellas?

:hmm:

Don't get me started.

ohitspatty
26th Nov 2010, 02:47
IKqV7DB8Iwg

GrievousOdyssey
26th Nov 2010, 02:51
You showed us the way, Charlie.

Why are you calling me ... ... ...

Are you ALL going start calling me Charlie now ?! ...

It's just about the most ill-concieved movie of all time. Then when you consider that it was filmed on top of a nuclear test site that resulted in over half the cast and crew dying from cancer and disease, it's clear that this never should have been made.

The might of nuclear ...
It killed John Wayne ...

Sorry for causing the off-topicness . . . don't stone me.

Let's get back on topic. I have aboslutely NO faith in this movie, WHATSOEVER.

BUT, I will still spend money to go see the colossal failure it will inevitably be.

We are all going to see it anywya ... ... if it gets made , of course ...

PS: sorry, the surprisingly accurate catapult has already launched ...

Don't get me started.

Meh , we have nothing better to do ...

IMPYEMU
26th Nov 2010, 02:58
Meh , we have nothing better to do ...[/FONT]

I highly doubt anyone wants to discuss why Casino is a better film than Goodfellas. I mean it's already so obvious.

PS: sorry, the surprisingly accurate catapult has already launched ...[/FONT]

:eek:

GrievousOdyssey
26th Nov 2010, 03:01
Frank Vincent did it , no doubt ...

IMPYEMU
26th Nov 2010, 03:04
Frank Vincent did it , no doubt ...

He took out Nicky & Dominic, now it's my turn.

GrievousOdyssey
26th Nov 2010, 03:07
But i threw a molotov cocktail at him back in Liberty City , and i even got paid for it ! ...

IMPYEMU
26th Nov 2010, 03:10
But i threw a molotov cocktail at him back in Liberty City , and i even got paid for it ! ...

PFT! Your supposed to use the Sniper Rifle while standing on top of a Yakuza Stinger, n00blet.

GrievousOdyssey
26th Nov 2010, 03:22
I had a stinger with me , but them triads had ram me with them fish vans and my car blew up ! ...

T'was what inspired IO for That Best Scene in Dog Days , i'm positive on it ...

IMPYEMU
26th Nov 2010, 03:41
I had a stinger with me , but them triads had ram me with them fish vans and my car blew up ! ...[/FONT]

That's almost as bad an excuse as saying some sunglasses wearin' mafioso shotgunned your car to **** right before drivin' into a hole in the ground.

GrievousOdyssey
26th Nov 2010, 04:00
Once i actually did drove a car to a hole on the ground , which allowed the local mario to catch up to me , and blew my ride up ...

My experiences with Grand Theft Autos ... i should make a movie out of it ...

ohitspatty
8th Dec 2010, 09:32
Looks like RDR film will come out before K&L;

http://cache-02.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/12/red4.jpg

GrievousOdyssey
8th Dec 2010, 16:09
Guys guys guys guys ...

Mads Mikkelsen (danish actor) as Kane ...

http://www.jamesbondvillains.com/James-Bond-Villains/James-Bond-Villain-LeCheffe-Casino-Royale_files/Le_Chiffre_by_Mads_Mikkelsen.jpg

Wesley Snipes (not-white actor) as Lynch ...

http://www.brucelee.fr/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/wesley-snipes.JPG

I make a great casting director , YES ? ...

JackGordon
8th Dec 2010, 16:20
I make a great casting director , YES ? ...
Yes. FOR ME TO POOP ON!

EDIT: By the way, speaking of Mikkelsen, I saw Adam's Apples (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418455/) about a week or two ago. Good stuff but it was getting a little bit preachy near the end... Festen (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0154420/), on the other hand, that one's more my cup of tea.

ohitspatty
8th Dec 2010, 23:33
Kane
http://l.yimg.com/eb/ymv/us/img/hv/photo/movie_pix/columbia_pictures/men_in_black/tommy_lee_jones/biggun.jpg

Lynch
http://www.bet.com/Assets/BET/Published/image/jpeg/b5e2e214-ecf8-60b1-005b-081166b60815-WillandCricket.jpg

Jenny
http://gamesnet.vo.llnwd.net/o1/gamestar/objects/455832_main.jpg or some random chick off street who hates her father with passion.

JackGordon
9th Dec 2010, 00:12
Jenny should be played by Emily Perkins.

http://www.davincisinquest.com/images/cast/e_perkins.jpg
"I remember my dad's eyes as kind...

Yesterday I met him for the first time in years. He's changed.

These men say they can stop my father. I've seen what he and that medicated psychopath are capable of...

I just hope they kill him."

Oh yes...

And Patricia Clarkson as Kane's wife.
http://images.allmoviephoto.com/1999_The_Green_Mile/patricia_clarkson_james_cromwell_the_green_mile_001.jpg
And James Cromwell (also pictured) as Shelly.
http://wwwimage.cbs.com/specials/pope/images/bios/james_main.jpg
Shelly: "... then He must've sent you to..."
Kane: "Spare me your god-talk!"

ohitspatty
9th Dec 2010, 00:17
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/119/255269420_9087aef178.jpg
Jenny that I am thinking of;

"I haven’t seen him in two years.
And I’d rather have you beat me,
rape me, and shoot me in the
******* face before I ever ask for
his help."

(straight from Kyle Ward's script)

JackGordon
9th Dec 2010, 00:32
You know... I'm a really peaceful guy and all but right now I picture Ward under the guillotine.

ohitspatty
9th Dec 2010, 00:34
I'd like him get raped by a pack of wolves instead.

GrievousOdyssey
9th Dec 2010, 07:37

It's as if none of you would listen to reason some times ...

The man wrote the damn script before the game was ever released !! ...

Back then , none of us knew just what exactly was Kane & Lynch about , and hell , the very first trailer of Dead Men gave people the impression that Kane was some sort of a super soldier as he sponged up dozens of bullets and acts as if nothing happened ...
So the whole cold war clone thing ain't that far off the hook from this impression ...

You guys Should go on a rampage instead on the producers , those pulling the strings in the dark , those who gave the script a green light ...

Now these are the folks you should be shooting at ...
Otherwise , 'dumb scripts' are not so hard find , but it's those who doesn't let such scripts to fall into the meat grinder who has Issues ... ... ... or knows exactly how to handle this generation of 'movie-goers' ...

I'm not saying that Kyle Ward is a great screenwriter , but common ...

It would have all been ... alot more justifiable had he wrote it after the first game had come out ... now That would have been a sign of very poor research done by the writer ...

But this isn't the case ...

ohitspatty
10th Dec 2010, 01:30
He didn't dare to contact the studio to get a grasp of the story, instead he pulls it all out of his ass? ...that's pathetic, what's the point for it being "based on video game" if it has nothing to do with the actual story? Oh yeah, it has some ******* and English professor as the main characters, my bad.

GrievousOdyssey
10th Dec 2010, 01:40
Actually ...

In the early , Early design of Kane & Lynch ...

Lynch was suppose to be a middle aged , slightly fat , bald , non-glasses wearing ...

History teacher ...

And then one day he droppes the apple and pickes up a shotgun under the desk , which is what makes him so badass ...

Besides you're all acting as if Kyle Ward was a man who even had the power to pick up the phone ...
I mean the guy isn't exactly 'on his own' , he is still in the producer's leash ...

ohitspatty
10th Dec 2010, 01:44
You know he could have done some research, instead of thinking he could just make everything up...

GrievousOdyssey
10th Dec 2010, 01:47
Alright ...

Now what if IO didn't wanted to tell him a thing ? ...

Afterall , IO did expressed a few times in the past in how they don't really 'care' what people do with movie adaptations ...

Though there had to be a limit ...

I mean Jamie Foxx ? ...

ohitspatty
10th Dec 2010, 01:54
You're right, after all if you take a look at Hitman film...might want to grab that salad fork and fork your eyes out.

GrievousOdyssey
10th Dec 2010, 02:08
Well ... at least the original score had a few interesting pieces ...

Still not Jesper Kyd of course , but it was ... quite good on its own ...

IMPYEMU
10th Dec 2010, 02:11
Has anyone here mentioned Joe Carnahan?!

Because if not, he'd be really great for directing a movie like this, I say like this because I'm perdy-damn-sure Video Game Adaptations ain't-his-thang!

I mean, he says on the Smokin Aces commentary that's he's "such a huge ****in' Heat Fan..."

And Dead Men had obvious inspirations from Heat...

COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT.

Besides, his directorial style, gritty crime action, jump-cuts and lot's of dirty crude dialogue, I mean c'mon this guy is the embodiment of what the Kane & Lynch director is supposed to be...

And now I will get flamed by the people that have already mentioned this :o

GrievousOdyssey
10th Dec 2010, 02:15
I remember that long ago Kent once made a trivia for Dog Days , and even today i've never put it in the trivia thread ...

He noticed that the CG Reveal Trailer for Dog Days , specifically the scenes with Kane , resembles alot to the opening scene of "Narc" ... a film by Joe Carnahan ...

CONFUCSPIRACY !!! ...

IMPYEMU
10th Dec 2010, 02:31
Clearly supernatural deities are responsible for it . . .

I mean, there's no way the Producers WOULDN'T see the signs, r-r ruh right?!

RIGHT?

ohitspatty
10th Dec 2010, 22:26
Wrong...

IMPYEMU
10th Dec 2010, 23:17
. . .And Brian Bloom, who we all know voices Kane, acted in both Smokin Aces AND The A-Team (as well as co-wrote it) WITH Joe Carnahan.

. . .And if you check out Brian Bloom on Wikipedia, he was born on Long Island, New York.

Which is where I was born AND currently reside!

:eek:

The Producers have doomed all of humanity.

GrievousOdyssey
11th Dec 2010, 01:17
But you're not real , you're just a piece of my personality that took a life on its own when i was being tested by the government during their cold war project ...

So your correct address should be Grievous Brain, Local Cave number 47 ...
Next to you is Dog Man's brain cell ...

IMPYEMU
11th Dec 2010, 02:16
I honestly am glad that the makers of this movie have made all these poor descisions. It's taught me a great lesson for filmmaking if it ever works out:

Stay away from Video Game film adaptations, unless you have complete artistic and financial control (ie. Director, Producer/Co-Producer, Writer/Co-Writer) and can faithfully adapt the Game to the screen.

Since that will most likely never happen, it's safe to assume I know what type of movie to avoid making, no matter how much money it may make, my filmography, credibility, and reputation as a filmmaker (or anyone else's for that matter) would be in jeopardy, if ever I/they make/made it into the business that is.

I mean, this isn't exactly an unfilmmable movie here, it doesn't have any monsters or aliens or anything like that, first-rate special effects aren't a necessity. If they can't do that right, there isn't much hope for any other games out there.

JackGordon
11th Dec 2010, 02:25
So your correct address should be Grievous Brain, Local Cave number 47 ...
Next to you is Dog Man's brain cell ...Don't make me make you play dead.

GrievousOdyssey
11th Dec 2010, 02:47
Video game adaptation is just stupid anywya ...

Old games had no substantial story , so filmmakers had to bake up something utterly nuts and/or stupid ...

Today's games are either already packed with a surprisingly decent story , or carries a story that can't be enjoyed in any other way than being an interactive entertainment ...
In any case , a film is just not needed to retell or continue the story ...

A film (not a mindless cash in) Inspired by some elements born from a video games however , now that could be interesting ...

Don't make me make you play dead.

And thus , Grievous' weakness was finally discovered ...
His army retreated , and a peace treaty was established ...
Mankind finally made heaven out of society ...

jam13
1st Feb 2011, 15:06
Foxx Talks Kane & Lynch (http://movies.ign.com/articles/114/1146740p1.html)

GrievousOdyssey
1st Feb 2011, 17:53
Whoa ... that's heavy , man ...

ohitspatty
2nd Feb 2011, 00:51
Whoa ... that's heavy , man ...

I bet they will rewrite it back to what that one ****** once wrote. What his name? The ugly ************ucker wearing a green top hat.

JackGordon
2nd Feb 2011, 01:03
The Riddler?

IMPYEMU
2nd Feb 2011, 01:32
You would think an Academy Award Winning Actor would have the Good Sense to just drop out of Production.

This is what I would think if I were Foxx.

"Hmm, let's see. This is a Video-Game Adaption from a game, and I don't even play games (my specualtion, of course), people are constantly questioning why I'm in this movie, whether it be the people complaining that I'm not White like the character, or that I don't have the capabilities to correctly portray the character, it's going to be a dumb-loud action movie most likely (my speculation), and this production is nearly wrecked, why am I even still wasting my time by saying I'll be in this movie?"

My speculation, of course.

I find it very baffling when very good actors aren't very knowledgable about the movies they decide to be in, I mean they've been in better movies, shouldn't they have an idea if the movie's a great artistic choice or not? Foxx has been in better movies, shouldn't he know that this movie will most likely blow and not be in it?

Brad Pitt, Awesome role in Inglorious Basterds and movies like SE7EN and so on, shouldn't he know that MEGAMIND WITH WILL FERREL is stupid?

I mean sure it goT modest reviews and did well at the box office but still,

That's why you gotta give props to Actors like Daniel Day Lewis, who take time and care for what movies they star in.

jam13
16th Apr 2011, 07:46
Kane & Lynch Needs a Director Again (http://movies.ign.com/articles/116/1161733p1.html)

GrievousOdyssey
16th Apr 2011, 12:21
Hey i was about to post that (http://socyberty.com/people/kane-lynch-is-the-new-project-cursed-hollywood/) , damn it ! ...

Anywya , what's interesting is that ... well ... Simon Crane ? ...

Wasn't he the very first director assigned to the project ? ...
And therefore , wasn't he also the first director to have left the project ? ...

So what , did he went onboard again and then left again , all discreetly and stuff ...

Guess be better drag Patty out of his coma and shove him a camera along with Ward's script ...
He is our only hope ! ...

xzx
17th Oct 2012, 19:39
Kane & Lynch Needs a Director Again (http://movies.ign.com/articles/116/1161733p1.html)

Kane & Lynch need about 10,000 stitches. LOL.

ohitspatty
29th Nov 2012, 23:09
Hey i was about to post that (http://socyberty.com/people/kane-lynch-is-the-new-project-cursed-hollywood/) , damn it ! ...

Anywya , what's interesting is that ... well ... Simon Crane ? ...

Wasn't he the very first director assigned to the project ? ...
And therefore , wasn't he also the first director to have left the project ? ...

So what , did he went onboard again and then left again , all discreetly and stuff ...

Guess be better drag Patty out of his coma and shove him a camera along with Ward's script ...
He is our only hope ! ...

I never though he would speak of me so warmly.
I actually been writing a heist short inspired by my recent adventure in Dog Days multiplayer. **** will be so cash.

MxOAgentJohnson
1st Apr 2013, 00:00
http://www.play-mag.co.uk/latest-playstation-news/bruce-willis-likes-kane-lynch-script/

jam13
1st May 2013, 14:35
dVNe3RK2fgI

Kane & Lynch movie :naughty:

jam13
23rd May 2013, 14:47
IGN:The Video Game Movies That Never Happened
(http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/12/the-video-game-movies-that-never-happened)

Bruce Willis is no longer involved with KL movie .

xzx
24th Jun 2013, 16:06
When I see a movie, it's crap because I know everything and everybody is fake as Hell!
Basically you're seeing bums who were chosen at StarBucks to act and wear makeup. LoL.

jam13
29th Jun 2013, 15:33
Whatever

iXufri0Ts3c

Another Kane & Lynch movie

GrievousOdyssey
5th Nov 2013, 12:33
THE PHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNTOM OF THE OPERA IS HERE ...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-05-gerard-butler-vin-diesel-in-talks-for-kane-and-lynch-movie

INSIDE YOUR MIND ...

I for one verge that both Butler and Diesel -remember Saving Private Ryan?- are actors capable of so much more than the usual standard mindless films they seem to be constantly absorbed in , so it's really up to the film makers here to see whether they just want to film another series of high definition explosions or ... something different ? ...

xzx
8th Nov 2013, 02:47
I guess that an actor must think about the roles they do. As both K&L might be a damning part like the rap a judge gave Tommy Chong for playing in 'Cheech & Chong'. Everybody still thinks Michael J. Fox knows a thing or two about time travel and hoverboards or that Sean Penn is actually like Spicollie in 'FAst TImes at Ridgemont High'. Face it, they're very way out there parts.

xzx
8th Dec 2013, 10:34
As of Nov. 5th 2013, they're talking about making the movie with Vin Diesel. LOL I guess he'd be Lynch but with the hair, I dunno? I've never seen Vin Diesel with hair.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gerard-butler-and-vin-diesel-tapped-for-kane-lynch-movie-report/1100-6415966/

GDLWSK
28th Mar 2016, 08:40
As of March 28th (2016), the Kane & Lynch script by Ward was one of the worst yet funniest things I've read.

jam13
20th Oct 2016, 16:27
Div0iP65aZo
Logan looks like old Kane this time .

jam13
28th Mar 2017, 12:41
LzWNDXwRbLY

byb2eJ_lLes

Both look like Jamie Foxx's Kane&Lynch movie :naughty: