PDA

View Full Version : can't start game

hoss
27th May 2010, 23:55
every time I load it up it plays the opening movie - momentarily flashes to the screen where you choose "New Game" "Load Game" etc, and then (without me touching anything) plays the opening movie again.

Would do this to the end of time I assume unless I kill the process.

Anyone know what causes this and how to fix?

Thanks

Tin Star
28th May 2010, 07:08
You need to go into a little more detail about what your spec's are on your computer,things like what type of windows program you are running and video card and so on.This may sound a little off key to ask but did you patch the game?

Tin Star

hoss
28th May 2010, 09:20
Thanks. I am using Windows Vista.

Afraid I don't know what video card it is. A friend (who knows a lot more about computers than I) got me a new one a few months ago when my computer was unable to play Bioshock (which played Bioshock fine after new card put in)

I believe it is ATI Radeon but am not sure what model. I just opened up computer but it doesn't seem to say anywhere on the card. Anywhere else I can check for model? Sorry, I am fairly computer illiterate.

I have not patched the game. How does one do so? Appreciate the help.

JuanKawada
5th Jul 2010, 19:59
I'm having the exact same problem. I just bought the steam game, and I just started it up to find this problem.

I'm running windows 7, I have an ATI radeon 2600 pro (and it looks like OP might have a similar card which I guess is the problem?).

I'm also assuming that since I just downloaded the game from steam that it's patched correctly.

Peter_Smith
5th Jul 2010, 20:58
There are several threads here about looping intro movies. I responded to one yesterday with some comments about setting affnity. That would be the place to start looking. Use the search function.