PDA

View Full Version : T is for...

Keir
27th May 2010, 19:29
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is officially....

T for Teen

and also

T for Totallyfreakingawesome.

I'm just in the process of updating our twitter (http://www.twitter.com/CrystalDynamics/) and facebook (http://www.facebook.com/laracroft/) pages and thought I'd let you know.

DamianGraham
27th May 2010, 20:12
Sweet! :D good to see ya'll haven't vamped it down any just because it's a digi release :) Lookin forward to its release!!

Danielsun_
27th May 2010, 20:55
yaaaaaaaaaaaaay *cough* i swear i'll delete the game if its got those annoying deaths we have all been discussing....can i get a hooah?

anyways i hope TR9 is mature btw teen is the equivilent of 12? (i know a stupid question but it depends on who rates its PEGI or ESRB)

P:S i wont really delete ill just cry, also ty keir :)

TokyoRed
28th May 2010, 00:26
yaaaaaaaaaaaaay *cough* i swear i'll delete the game if its got those annoying deaths we have all been discussing....can i get a hooah?

anyways i hope TR9 is mature btw teen is the equivilent of 12? (i know a stupid question but it depends on who rates its PEGI or ESRB)

P:S i wont really delete ill just cry, also ty keir :)

Man, I'm getting annoyed with all these companies trying to copy one another by all aiming for M ratings.

I like the fact that the Star Fox, Star Wars, Prince of Persia, Lord of the Rings and Tomb Raider games have maintaining T for Teen ratings. I mean, its not necessary for games to get M ratings and I hope the Tomb Raider and new Lara Croft games will stick with a Teen rating and not Mature.

Max 28
28th May 2010, 03:38
Sounds good. :)

chriss_99
28th May 2010, 07:28
Thanks for the news!

Danielsun_
28th May 2010, 07:33
yes but LOTR, Star wars and im not sure what that other game is you mentioned, (might be a space flight game on the snes i played controlling a fox character) don't have the rag doll deaths and as previously discussed in many threads in the general discussion forum, we don't like it.

Thats why mature rating was suggested and a healthy debate about pro's and con's were made up, one of the pro's, was, No more ragdoll death

TF.Denis
28th May 2010, 09:44
so this means that all of our 14 years old children in this forum will be play this game..boring! can't we see realistic deaths and blood in a game like god of war? tomb raider games weren't for stupid children..

Ants_27_
28th May 2010, 10:40
so this means that all of our 14 years old children in this forum will be play this game..boring!

But even with a rating of 18 kids will still play it... cause if they have a parent like I did, she always believed that there was nothing in a game or film that would effect me all that much... she was right.

But I'm with the others, I prefer darker themes in games which can't be given justice in Teen rated games.;)

Rexie
28th May 2010, 15:58
Ragdolls again?

I have no words.

Danielsun_
28th May 2010, 18:13
indeed, Games and Films do not have the effect on children that people make out to be, its all down to the parenting period, i used to play all sorts of violent games, GTA, C&C almost everything 18 rated when i was growing up.

Yet i am still and always have been a nice caring guy. If it was down to games i don't think i would have ever played TR, GTA anything fun, imo you can put more emotion in higher rated games as it gives more room to do stuff . the lower the rating the more sun shine and lolipops you get :p

because of this i will postphone me getting this game to find out whether it does indeed have ragdoll deaths...that will determine my decision ultimately

Ants_27_
28th May 2010, 18:27
indeed, Games and Films do not have the effect on children that people make out to be, its all down to the parenting period, i used to play all sorts of violent games, GTA, C&C almost everything 18 rated when i was growing up.

Exactly. Like with me, I played Resi 1 when it came out 96 thus making me 4... along with many others. I havn't grown up wanting to cause harm to people just for fun or cause it was in a game when I was 4.

Slightly going off subject, sorry!

chriss_99
29th May 2010, 07:47
You were 4!? :eek:
That's a bit shocking.

Ants_27_
29th May 2010, 09:59
;)
You were 4!? :eek:
That's a bit shocking.

Apparently, though I doubt I cared about day 1 releases so I was probably 5 (I always thought I was 6 if I'm honest) by time I got it.:eek: Granted, I had a PS1 but I rarely used it for doing what normal 5-6 year olds do... which I can't remember:lol:

I could never do it, only ever getting up to the bit with the dogs, narrow hallway, Jill valentine... cause I had no idea how everything worked.

Scroofz
29th May 2010, 12:43
Personally I have no problem with the rag doll deaths, I do cringe a bit when I die but really it's followed by the old facepalm for being so stupid and allowing myself to die. I think the only thing that's annoying is when there's a bug and you fly 500 miles in to one direction and die mid air.

lilhanhan
29th May 2010, 15:03
;)

Apparently, though I doubt I cared about day 1 releases so I was probably 5 (I always thought I was 6 if I'm honest) by time I got it.:eek: Granted, I had a PS1 but I rarely used it for doing what normal 5-6 year olds do... which I can't remember:lol:

I could never do it, only ever getting up to the bit with the dogs, narrow hallway, Jill valentine... cause I had no idea how everything worked.

I was also 5 (way back in '96) when I was first introduced to Resi and Tomb Raider; my mum ran home from work to try to complete Resi 1 while my Dad played through TR in the evening. Also one of my first games was Mortal Kombat 3 which I played quite a bit (I did own kid rated games as well but they were the standard platform games and of course Pandemonium! Hehe, I've got to mention that game in somewhere!).

My parents taught me right from wrong and I could clearly tell that upper-cutting someone (who looked like a cardboard cut-out) into a spike pit so that they got impaled is a major no-no in real life. With every game they made sure I was comfortable with them and the same can be said for any films and T.V shows I used to watch.

Oh yeah, were was I going with this...? Oh!

I still can't see why "ragdoll" deaths are needed for a T-rated game, I mean isn't it better to have realistic deaths so that people would know the real consequence of dying (even if it's in a game)? To me it seems better than just trying to cover/mask it up...

Hopefully that doesn't sound weird. :o

Danielsun_
29th May 2010, 15:59
you had me at pandemonium ;)

TF.Denis
30th May 2010, 14:03
i'm so happy my plan work..i just wanted to have you guys chat for a bit..so anyway..wouldn't our tomb raider be more great with realistic blood and deaths? i don't know and i'm not sure just asking..but i would like to see that! hmm i glad some of you are with my side..MAKE OUR LARA CROFT GAMES REALISTIC!

MaloneCroft09
31st May 2010, 05:50
Maybe they should use the Euphoria Physics Engine used in GTAIV :) I dont think i can take another one of those "sliding across the floor for 10 seconds" deaths from TRU.:rolleyes:

Ants_27_
31st May 2010, 11:39
Maybe they should use the Euphoria Physics Engine used in GTAIV :) I dont think i can take another one of those "sliding across the floor for 10 seconds" deaths from TRU.:rolleyes:

That they should, clearly its damn good as Rockstar wouldn't have turned around and said this will be the physics engine in all rockstar games starting with GTA IV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0yvs6RJVVY&feature=related

MaloneCroft09
31st May 2010, 22:16
That they should, clearly its damn good as Rockstar wouldn't have turned around and said this will be the physics engine in all rockstar games starting with GTA IV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0yvs6RJVVY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WRjebX1x60&feature=related

I can really see Lara doing some of these moves!:thumb::cool:

2:28-Look familiar?;)

Danielsun_
1st Jun 2010, 07:27
if i am honest i don't think euphoria is as great as people are making it out to be,

e.g playing RDR, walking along, cougar hits me, i then start doing all sorts of wierd moves and sliding on the ground not acutally possible, and because of this i cannot get up so cougar hits me again i carry on sliding and doing wierd moves til i die...this is not a one of incident.

Euphoria talks about emphasis on body parts reacting to objects, bullets and hits realisticly but it actually over reacts, how many people have you seen when you pump into them in the pub fall over backwards and slide on the ground? like in RDR

angelus0901
1st Jun 2010, 08:44
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is officially....

T for Totallyfreakingawesome.

I agree with this!!! ;) :D