PDA

View Full Version : What games are you playing now?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

ohitspatty
25th May 2010, 01:21
I apologize if this has already been talked about.

I'm just curious what's everyone playing at the moment?

360: Kane & Lynch, Fragile Alliance
PS3: Fallout 3 and occasionally Kane & Lynch, Fragile Alliance.
PC: Super Mario Bros. Crossover.

Today I spent most of my gaming hour(s) playing Fallout 3. I get so sucked into these games. I recently bought the PS3 version and replaying all over while trying for the Platinum trophy. Hope to get it before Fallout New Vegas comes out later in the fall. Anyway today for the first time I found the "secret room" in the Dunwich Building. It's where Jaime (the dude on Audio journal) is worshiping some statue with other feral ghouls. I think it's one of the creepiest locations in Fallout 3.

So, what about you?

Brackstone17
25th May 2010, 01:29
I've been going at Red Dead Redemption pretty much non-stop since release. I'll probably stick with that for a long time before going back to Deadly Premonition. My save on that got corrupted, so I've got to restart that. Not that I'm complaining.

If anybody wants to play Red Dead Redemption one 360, add me. Gamertag is Brackstone17. I probably won't play online until I've finished the single player mode though.

ohitspatty
25th May 2010, 01:41
Nice. I'm saving my cash off for Fallout New Vegas and Dog Days but I'm getting Alan Wake ASAP lol

P.S how's Red Dead Redemption?

Brackstone17
25th May 2010, 02:31
Red Dead Redemption is great. Easily one of my favourite games ever. There is just so much to do in it, mini-games and all. Not to mention they have absolutely nailed the atmosphere and story.

What on earth is Super Mario Crossover?

ohitspatty
25th May 2010, 02:37
Nice. I remember playing the Red Dead Revolver and that was fun. I might pick up the sequel sometime this year. How's the multiplayer?

Oh and the Mario game is this: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/534416 LOL

Acid_Burn
25th May 2010, 05:56
Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness, Resident Evil 5: Mercenaries online, and Plants vs. Zombies :D

JackGordon
25th May 2010, 17:33
- 360: Fragile Alliance, Bioshock 2 mp to rank up my rebirth, Gears 2 mp. Expecting Alan Wake this week.
- ps3: just got a platinum for Drake's Fortune today and Uncharted 2 miraculously made its way into my mailbox today as well, Wipeout Fury HD (Fury campaign: phantom grid on skilled is a pretty hard) and finally, Flower. Expecting Folklore this week.
- wii: nothing, it's gathering dust somewhere in a dark & forgotten place.
- xbox: Conker - live & reloaded
- ps2: Manhunt 2

MxOAgentJohnson
25th May 2010, 21:56
PC: Just about anything my steam account has, Mainly getting back into Red Orchestra after i figured out putting my glasses ON helps me aim better, dont ask.

Xbox 360: kane and lynch.

I want to get red dead, but looking at games nowadays they dont WOW me as much as they used to, kane and lynch got me into gaming, whilst jsXanatos a friend of mine who made videos made me get steam to play with him, Zombie panic and zombie master felt so much cooler back then...

Anyway yea, i look at games nowadays and its more of a "Yea seems good may get" instead of the old "OMFG THIS GAME LOOKS EPIC!!!!"

Growing up fails.

joe the janitor
26th May 2010, 22:54
Right now Red Dead Redemption, and Deadly Premonition.

joe the janitor
27th May 2010, 04:22
Nice. I'm saving my cash off for Fallout New Vegas and Dog Days but I'm getting Alan Wake ASAP lol

You mite want to hold off on getting Alan Wake. It's very very short. I beat it in around 8 hours. Id say it's more of a rent, then a buy.

ohitspatty
27th May 2010, 04:27
Neat.

I was playing some more Fallout 3 today. Man I love that game but it's so many strange bugs in it. Like I recently did the unnamed quest in Falls Church Metro where you have to team up with Paladin Hoss to save Initrate Pek and now I have Pek tea-bagging Hoss in front of my Megaton home from time to time. It's just so buggy. Today I found the mad scientist in that tricycle factory. I wasn't expecting those Super-Mutant Brutes in there either. Anyone ever been to the basement in Andale? It's super creepy, you really gotta love that little town. Anyways :D

BeardedHoplite
30th May 2010, 15:39

Red Dead is probably the best western game ever made, period.
Call of Juarez 2 is good too

ohitspatty
31st May 2010, 01:57
I like Call of Juarez 2 but that's probably because I found the first one to be pretty broken.

I'm still scavenging the Wasteland. Mysterious Stranger perk is really awesome.

Also I'd like to point out that 8 hours is kinda new standard for games like Alan Wake. I mean after six years of working on it, it would have been nice to have a little longer game. Anyways, I believe it's the new "standard" in most story-line driven games.

Brackstone17
31st May 2010, 02:55
Wow, 8 hours? Is the replay value high at least? I know shorter is the new standard, but that's pushing it all things considered.

ohitspatty
31st May 2010, 03:36
I guess you are right, now that I look back at some of my recent games...8 hours is pushing it. But anyone remembers GUN (western adventure shooter)? That game had a pretty short storyline as I remember.

Some recent games that I remember;
-Batman Arkham Asylum was around 10 hours on Normal but I did put at least another 20 hours playing through challenges and collecting items.
-Heavy Rain was around 17 hours on my first play-through but I was super-careful and examining everything. To me that game has a lot of re-play vaule with all these different paths and endings. I'm still not done with it.
-Assassin's Creed II was at least 15 hours if I remember right. A lot to do but once you get all points/trophies there is no replay value much.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 was too short but it makes up with the multiplayer and co-op. However the storymode was defiantly shorter than 8 hours.

I guess I could say that short gameplay doesn't bother me if the game is fantastic. One of my all time favorite games is short if you take out all the cut-scenes. Yes, you guess it right, MGS4.

petersjov
31st May 2010, 06:07
Just bought Dragon age !

JackGordon
12th Jun 2010, 11:55
There's definitely a lack of quality survival horror titles this generation so I'm giving Siren Blood Curse (PS3) a spin at the moment (yes, Europe got a Blu Ray edition. Na na na na na, ha ha ha ha ha.).

This game is clever, hard, terrifying and above all: not a bloody shooter. Highly recommended for hardcore survival horror fans.

ohitspatty
12th Jun 2010, 16:54
There's definitely a lack of quality survival horror titles this generation so I'm giving Siren Blood Curse (PS3) a spin at the moment (yes, Europe got a Blu Ray edition. Na na na na na, ha ha ha ha ha.).

This game is clever, hard, terrifying and above all: not a bloody shooter. Highly recommended for hardcore survival horror fans.

I would get it if it wasn't just a download only here in US. I like hardcopy of my games.

JackGordon
12th Jun 2010, 17:44
Me too, that's why I also bought Wipeout Fury HD on blu ray. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the PS3 region free? Maybe you could import it?

ohitspatty
12th Jun 2010, 18:10
I heard that it is region free but the problem is that I can't find a copy that won't break my budget like Amazon for example has it for 100 bucks, that's about 50 bucks too much. I could try E-Bay but I really don't like buying stuff off that place. How much does it go in stores in Europe? I might ask a cousin to buy it for me.

JackGordon
12th Jun 2010, 18:16
I don't go out so I got it from eBay. UK import, as always.

ohitspatty
12th Jun 2010, 18:18
Haha nice. My cousin lives in UK so I will ask her since she's coming for the summer!

I'm also thinking about other game to occupy me until then. Any ideas?

JackGordon
12th Jun 2010, 18:25
Naughty Bear! :D

ohitspatty
12th Jun 2010, 18:29
Well that's no out yet...

I'm getting Liberty City Stories and something else...I'm just not sure what I want.

joe the janitor
12th Jun 2010, 18:47
Wow, 8 hours? Is the replay value high at least? I know shorter is the new standard, but that's pushing it all things considered.

No, not really any replay value. It's not even scary. Every time the enemies spawn the camera pans out, goes in slow mo so you can shoot all of them.

JackGordon
12th Jun 2010, 19:30
Well that's no out yet...

I'm getting Liberty City Stories and something else...I'm just not sure what I want.
Well, what type of games do you like/dislike? There's always something to play. Maybe you could hook up your ps2/xbox/cube/saturn/megadrive/... and play some oldies?

ohitspatty
12th Jun 2010, 19:46
Well, what type of games do you like/dislike? There's always something to play. Maybe you could hook up your ps2/xbox/cube/saturn/megadrive/... and play some oldies?

That's the problem I only have Gamecube as my PS2 is dead. I often buy Gamecube games at GameStop (I really hate that place LOL) for like 5-15 bucks but I think I want something for the new generation.

I love horror games and I haven't played Dead Space or Bioshock yet as I didn't really like the Bioshock demo that much. Does Bioshock gets less boring then? Is Dead Space really that good? I prefer surviorl horror without that much shooting kinda like Silent Hill...

Also I'm more of the third person then first person when it comes to games that are not just shooters (for example war games can be all first person and I still don't mind). At the moment I'm still enjoying Fallout 3 and I'm getting Liberty City Stories soon...

Brackstone17
12th Jun 2010, 20:00
Dead Space is a lot of shooting, so that may not be up your alley. That said, I thought it was very well done. If you have a mildly good pc you can always check out sites like gog.com and steam to see if there are any old/cheap games that peak your interest.

JackGordon
12th Jun 2010, 20:12
Alright. I'll try to help you out, I'm a huge horror fan myself and I prefer third person view as well.

On Gamecube there's always the magnificent REmake, Twin Snakes, Eternal Darkness, ...

Other: the Project Zero series, aka Fatal Frame, available for xbox and PS2 (do you have backwards compatibility on PS3?) will have you change your diapers every 15 or so minutes :p

- Dead Space is a gory, fun horror-themed shooter. Try the dismemberment demo?
- Bioshock gets good if you play on medium or hard and care for the story and the characters, maybe give it a rent? It's definitely a love-it/hate-it type of game.
- Condemned 2: Bloodshot; very creepy first person beat 'em up.
- Silent Hill: Homecoming; ugly looking mess with lousy melee combat. Worth a rent, though. Has some really atmospheric parts.
- F.E.A.R.; one of my fav's, unfortunately the PS3 port is rubbish...
- F.E.A.R. Files: only if you're a hardcore F.E.A.R. fan.
- F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin; definitely worth a rent.

See, this gen is a shooter gen. That's fine when we're talking K&L, Gears, Cod (I suppose),... Thanks to RE4 (oh yes, I blame you!) the true hardcore third person survival horror genre is as good as dead.

GrievousOdyssey
12th Jun 2010, 20:35
That said, I thought it was very well done.

DAMN RIGHT , Dead Space was alot better than Bioshock , that's for damn sure ...

Dead Space is a gory, fun horror-themed shooter. Try the dismemberment demo?
- Bioshock gets good if you play on medium or hard and care for the story and the characters, maybe give it a rent? It's definitely a love-it/hate-it type of game.
- Condemned 2: Bloodshot; very creepy first person beat 'em up.

Actually Dead Space's demo almost turned me off , it's such a bad presentation of what the game really is ...

As for Bioshock ... well i prefered the sequel , even though it was a lot easier ...
Plus you don't really need to play Bioshock to enjoy Bioshock 2 , you might miss a few references , but it's pretty much a stand alone game on its own ...

Oh and Bloodshot , that was EPIC ...
Yes the third act was a bit rubbish , but it's still worth it , especially now it's easy to find a cheap copy ...

GrievousOdyssey
12th Jun 2010, 20:54
Naughty Bear! :D

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-1012-Wanna-See-a-Naughty-Bear-Gameplay-Trailer?.html

This is just weird , it looks fun , but ... what exactly is the point of this game ? i mean is there an end ? or is just mindless naughty acts for as long as we want ? ...

ohitspatty
12th Jun 2010, 21:25
Actually Dead Space's demo almost turned me off , it's such a bad presentation of what the game really is ...

That's all I needed to hear as I didn't enjoy the demo.

I guess I will add the Dead Space to the list.

chaoticd
12th Jun 2010, 22:00
http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-1012-Wanna-See-a-Naughty-Bear-Gameplay-Trailer?.html

This is just weird , it looks fun , but ... what exactly is the point of this game ? i mean is there an end ? or is just mindless naughty acts for as long as we want ? ...

the point is that thats what it looks like in lynch's head when hes dreaming. end of conversation

Bevacur
12th Jun 2010, 23:39
Im playing Red Dead Redemption at the mo. Is E3 finished now or is there plenty of more footage tomorrow?

GrievousOdyssey
12th Jun 2010, 23:55
E3 hasn't began yet lol ...

That's all I needed to hear as I didn't enjoy the demo.

I guess I will add the Dead Space to the list.

Now that i think about it , i wonder why i end up buying Dead Space since the demo proved to be disapointing ...

I must have been bored , kind of like you lol ...

the point is that thats what it looks like in lynch's head when hes dreaming. end of conversation

I KNEW IT ...

Bevacur
13th Jun 2010, 00:18
There is E3 footage on the Gametrailers website...? I just thought it started today.

GrievousOdyssey
13th Jun 2010, 00:48
Officially E3 hasn't started yet , but game publishers has been releasing trailers for a week now in preparation of E3 , kind of like building a last minute hype ...
Just like how Dog Days got a 'E3 trailer' this week ...

JackGordon
13th Jun 2010, 09:07
DAMN RIGHT , Dead Space was alot better than Bioshock , that's for damn sure ...

As for Bioshock ... well i prefered the sequel , even though it was a lot easier ...
Plus you don't really need to play Bioshock to enjoy Bioshock 2 , you might miss a few references , but it's pretty much a stand alone game on its own ...
Grievous, grievous, grievous... Nein, nein, NEIN! *facepalm*
- Bioshock's story is far more superior than Dead Space.
- Bioshock 2 is filled with plotholes and inconsistencies. Plus, it's where 2K went: "Buy our stuff. Then buy more of our stuff, we'll screw you over with rubbish ULC & DLC with mp maps you can't play unless ALL of your friends bought ALL of our stuff. And on top of that you'll get 0 post-launch support from us."

GrievousOdyssey
13th Jun 2010, 10:40
Granted , while Bioshock did had a better story than Dead Space , i felt that Dead Space's game direction was a lot tighter , sure , it meant it was a lot more linear , but at least it just felt ... right ... unlike Bioshock third act where it became a corridor shooter whereas for the twelve past hours it was more like "you exploring the carcasses of a failed utopia" , it just felt rushed in the end ...

And speaking of corridor shooters , at least Bioshock 2 was one Since the very Beginning , it didn't pretend otherwise and that's why it felt a lot mre consistent ...

And Plotholes ? really ? i don't know , i didn't remebered any , would you kindly lighten me up on that matter ? ...

But to me Bioshock 2's story was better because it was almost like a big slap in the face to Bioshock's story , and how is that a good thing ? because the first game had a lot of political and philosophical ideals that just end up being mashed up together , a game doesn't become smarter once the world "free market" pops in , sure it explains what that city was meant to be , but it was so raw and ... in your face , kind of ...
Bioshock 2 on the other hand seemed to respond to this (at least that's how i see it) , while the game still includes political , philosophical and religious ideals , and maintains these existentialism speeches throughout the game , it was made clear that to the protagonnist ... none of this really matter to him , that all he has in mind is to find that which he seeks , it's basically as if he (and the developper) was saying "i don't give a damn what the hell you all want to do with this dead city , i just to find *spoiler* and get the **** out of this madness" ...

And i praise Bioshock 2 for litterally averting the first game's plot narrative , it is such a bad ass move from 2K Marin ...

(and as for the DLCs incident it's not really my concern , though i do not agree with how the situation is being handled , it's still none of my business , single player for the win !) ...

JackGordon
13th Jun 2010, 11:48
And Plotholes ? really ? i don't know , i didn't remebered any , would you kindly lighten me up on that matter ? ...
Sofia Lamb was a name that was never ever mentioned in the first game, yet she was supposed to be one of the three bigger fish in Rapture (right next to Ryan and Atlas).
The telepathic communication between the prototype and Eleanor was never explained and serves no purpose other than clumsily glueing together that broken mess of a storyline.
Surely there's more but I must've forgotten it because I haven't played the campaign in a while.

single player for the win !
There's another reason why the first one is better.

Random note: Bioshock 2 is not a bad game in the sense that it plays great. It's just that, to me, it feels like an unnecessary sequel.

GrievousOdyssey
13th Jun 2010, 12:11
Guess it's a love it or hate it game ...

Wonder if it'll be the same thing for Dog Days ...

Edit : I wouldn't call them plotholes , the fact that we never heard of Sophia Lamb in the first game can be justified by the fact that her influence didn't took place at the sections of the game we've been through , she sure as **** wasn't going to show her book in Fort Frolic with Sander Cohen in charge , or in Appollo Square with Fontaine bashing away her ideals ...

And the telepathic communication well ... i think it was implemented from the start with every Big Daddy and its Little Sister , wasn't it ? ...

JackGordon
13th Jun 2010, 12:39
Edit : I wouldn't call them plotholes , the fact that we never heard of Sophia Lamb in the first game can be justified by the fact that her influence didn't took place at the sections of the game we've been through , she sure as **** wasn't going to show her book in Fort Frolic with Sander Cohen in charge , or in Appollo Square with Fontaine bashing away her ideals ...
Now you've said it yourself: they knew of her existance... Yet she was never mentioned until ten years later? Considering how much of a threat her ideals were to Rapture, I'm sure Ryan would've warned his people about her, no? C'mon... Plothole.

And the telepathic communication well ... i think it was implemented from the start with every Big Daddy and its Little Sister , wasn't it ? ...
So suddenly Bioshock went from a sci-fi shooter to a sci-fi shooter with unexplained supernatural elements?

Oh and
Manhunt with bears!:D Copypasta from wikipedia: "Naughty Bear is the only bear on the island that was not invited to a certain birthday party because of the fact that he is too naughty. While he crafted a gift for the occasion, he was laughed at by the other bears and sulked back to his house. Naughty Bear decides to take his revenge against all the other bears on the island."

GrievousOdyssey
13th Jun 2010, 13:13
Now you've said it yourself: they knew of her existance... Yet she was never mentioned until ten years later? Considering how much of a threat her ideals were to Rapture, I'm sure Ryan would've warned his people about her, no? C'mon... Plothole.

She was already imprisonned by Ryan before Bioshock begins , so by the time Jack arrived , Ryan must have taken down all of Lamb's campaign and such , and the people were told to shut up and never talk about Lamb's fanatical beliefs ...

From the wikia : "Once she was gone, Ryan erased all public record of her existence, making her disappear just as he had done for many other public dissidents. Most of the upper class sections of Rapture soon forgot about her" ...

So suddenly Bioshock went from a sci-fi shooter to a sci-fi shooter with unexplained supernatural elements?

So you're saying the plasmids and adams and such were more plausible than a Little Sister communicating telepathically with her Big Daddy ? ...

Manhunt with bears!:D

WITH TROPHIES ! ...

GrievousOdyssey
13th Jun 2010, 13:16
Copypasta from wikipedia: "Naughty Bear is the only bear on the island that was not invited to a certain birthday party because of the fact that he is too naughty. While he crafted a gift for the occasion, he was laughed at by the other bears and sulked back to his house. Naughty Bear decides to take his revenge against all the other bears on the island."

Yes we all know that , but when exactly does the game ends ? when all the other Bear dies ? or do they keep on respawning ? ...

In any case , Poor Teddy Bears ...

JackGordon
13th Jun 2010, 13:21
"Once she was gone, Ryan erased all public record of her existence, making her disappear just as he had done for many other public dissidents. Most of the upper class sections of Rapture soon forgot about her" ...
But the lower class didn't and that's who you're fighting in both games. No but really, I'm not buying those excuses. That's the same PR bs 2K has been feeding us to justify their DLC methods.

So you're saying the plasmids and adams and such were more plausible than a Little Sister communicating telepathically with her Big Daddy ? ...
Science is ALWAYS more plausible than the supernatural. Any man who tells you differently either has his hand in your pocket or a pistol to your neck. :p

GrievousOdyssey
13th Jun 2010, 13:25
But the lower class didn't and that's who you're fighting in both games.

I don't think that lower class folks were even allowed in Fort Frolic , and those in Appollo Square were loyal to Fontaine ...

You were fighting those who sided with Ryan , Fontaine and Atlas in the first game ...
The bottom feeders of society is who you meet in Bioshock 2 ...

But then again them splicers all look the same , so yeah ...

Science is ALWAYS more plausible than the supernatural. Any man who tells you differently either has his hand in your pocket or a pistol to your neck. :p

Let's just say it was the power of love then ...

JackGordon
13th Jun 2010, 13:29
Let's just say it was the power of love then ...
Admit it. All along you've been aching to tell us you're a huge fan of 'Huey Lewis and the News'.

Bevacur
13th Jun 2010, 15:23
- Bioshock's story is far more superior than Dead Space.
[/I]"

BLASPHEMY! THE HERETIC MUST DIE! I am a major supporter of Dead Space and i will not tolerate Dead Space hate! *explodes*

JackGordon
13th Jun 2010, 15:35
Proud to be a heretic. Dead Space's story is similar to a teen horror flick: silly and predictable. It's a good shooter; nothing more, nothing less.
You go ahead and explode like one of those exploders in the game (hehe, those are fun to kill).:lol:

Bevacur
13th Jun 2010, 15:44
Ok i will admit that the story is an obvious infection spreading around..blah blah and some religion is tied in..blah blah and i guess it is predictable but it is a good game right? right?! Oh don't worry i will go explode somewhere.

Dead Space was the obvious choice for a horror then as much to my disappointment Forbidden Siren is a PS3 exclusive..

I need a new horror game! Any ideas?

Brackstone17
13th Jun 2010, 15:44
Predictability is better than...

Random out of place N64 style boss fights and turning into a big daddy even though it does nothing and only puts a porthole around your vision.

GrievousOdyssey
13th Jun 2010, 15:45
The thing that made Dead Space great was not its story but rather the whole ambience of the situation ...
Though the story 'tried' to explain just what the **** is happening , it just falls short compare to the visual style , the lightning , and especially the great sound design of Dead Space ...
The plotline therefor is made simple , you have to get out alive , it's kind of like those theme park rides you would expect in Disneyland , strange stuff happens and you don't know what's the whole meaning of it , but you're having a fun time nonetheless ...

True , it would have been a plus if Dead Space had a sophisticated storyline alongside it's great atmosphere , but what it has is already a lot more polished than what Bioshock had to offer ...

Not to mention that Bioshock used a lot more 'cheap scares' than Dead Space ...

PS : three replies in a minute , trophy unlocked ! ...

Bevacur
13th Jun 2010, 15:45
Bioshock is lost in the sea. Seriously where can the game go? If it went back to Rapture it would be stale and if the game was set on land then it would not be Bioshock. It seems Bioshock killed itself.

There was scares in Bioshock?

The "scares" in Bioshock were VERY predictable. The odd splicer jumping around the corner, but was Bioshock intended to be a survival horror?

Brackstone17
13th Jun 2010, 15:50
The scariest Bioshock got wasn't really scary, but creepy with those enemies disguised as statues that only move when you aren't looking.

GrievousOdyssey
13th Jun 2010, 15:52
turning into a big daddy even though it does nothing and only puts a porthole around your vision.

Actually if you revisit previous sections of the game the splicers will not dare to attack you , which supposedly grants you a greater ease at exploring places ...
But then again it's rather useless since those dedicated players would have already explored every tiny sections of previous areas , making those bathysphere fast travel returns rather useless ...

There was scares in Bioshock?

The "scares" in Bioshock were VERY predictable. The odd splicer jumping around the corner, but was Bioshock intended to be a survival horror?

Hence why i called them 'cheap scares' ...

JackGordon
13th Jun 2010, 15:53
Predictability is better than...

Random out of place N64 style boss fights and turning into a big daddy even though it does nothing and only puts a porthole around your vision.
A-ha! Wrong!
When fully dressed as a Big Daddy, go back to the previous levels. No one will attack you unless you attack them. Meaning you can double-check everything for audio-diaries, extra ammo (really useful on survivor mode), etc.
And about those random boss fights: I liked the fact that you could fight a big daddy whenever you wanted. Beats fighting a tentacle monster in a tumble dryer now, does it? :p

But yes, Bioshock killed itself with Bioshock 2.

And grievous; NEIN! :p Dead Space had continuous jump scares. Whenever you thought a monster would pop up, it would.

Und, no Bioshock wasn't supposed to be survival horror. Though that's debatable when playing on, well, survivor.

But hey, we're talking smack about each other's taste in games now. Let's not do that. Besides, before I can finish a post, 70 or so new replies are posted in the meantime... *slaps you all*

Bevacur
13th Jun 2010, 15:57
The scares in Dead Space were silly, but the hallucinations because of the marker can be scary. A good thing about Dead Space is that a single zombie/monster/space mutant could jump out of a vent and then go back in and jump at you later on in the game was a pretty cool feature.

Dead Space should follow Condemned 1 and 2 for tension and suspence. F.E.A.R has not lived up to its name either.

JackGordon
13th Jun 2010, 16:02
Dead Space was the obvious choice for a horror then as much to my disappointment Forbidden Siren is a PS3 exclusive..

I need a new horror game! Any ideas?
Well, the only 360 exclusive (you're also on 360, right?) I can think of at the moment - with horror elements - is Alan Wake.

See, like I said before: this gen sucks when it comes to quality horror titles.

A good thing about Dead Space is that a single zombie/monster/space mutant could jump out of a vent and then go back in and jump at you later on in the game was a pretty cool feature.
True.

F.E.A.R has not lived up to its name either.
They're practically raping F.E.A.R. 3 (or should I call it F.3.A.R.:rolleyes:)... Have you seen the new footage?

Brackstone17
13th Jun 2010, 16:05
The problem is that there is no point to going back to previous levels. By then if you played half decently, you don't need anything else. For the span of the story that you need to wear the suit, it is nothing but a means to continue the plot. Also, I was talking about the lame as hell final boss.

GrievousOdyssey
13th Jun 2010, 16:08
A-ha! Wrong!
When fully dressed as a Big Daddy, go back to the previous levels. No one will attack you unless you attack them. Meaning you can double-check everything for audio-diaries, extra ammo (really useful on survivor mode), etc.

Like i said , it's useless ...

And about those random boss fights: I liked the fact that you could fight a big daddy whenever you wanted. Beats fighting a tentacle monster in a tumble dryer now, does it? :p

Actually no , killing Big Daddies were too easy , you just lay a huge trap and watch the poor bastard run right into it , then little girl starts crying , and you realize you're doing this for twenty times now , it's silly ...

But yes, Bioshock killed itself with Bioshock 2.

PFTHAHAHA , Bioshock 2 redeemed the franchise as a matter of fact ! ...

And grievous; NEIN! :p Dead Space had continuous jump scares. Whenever you thought a monster would pop up, it would.

In the beginning , maybe , at some time after the second act , not anymore , it plays with our expectations ! ...

But hey, we're talking smack about each other's taste in games now. Let's not do that.

But despite all this negative talk against Bioshock i actually did enjoyed it , how else would you explain how i got excited for its sequel ? ...

Then again one can argue that's precisely because i was disapointed by the first ...

GOTCHA ...

JackGordon
13th Jun 2010, 16:15
The problem is that there is no point to going back to previous levels. By then if you played half decently, you don't need anything else. For the span of the story that you need to wear the suit, it is nothing but a means to continue the plot. Also, I was talking about the lame as hell final boss.
Revisiting previous levels without getting shot at is something I like to do; I like to have a look at the settings + that's how I managed to get all audio-diaries. But yes, you're right about the last part of the game being generic (final boss incl.).

Actually no , killing Big Daddies were too easy , you just lay a huge trap and watch the poor bastard run right into it
Let's see you have a go at it on survivor, tough guy :p

and you realize you're doing this for twenty times now , it's silly ...
And protecting a little sister for twenty times isn't?

But alright, let's all agree to disagree, bake cookies and have some thee.

Brackstone17
13th Jun 2010, 16:16
I guess it comes to personal taste. I prefer not to break the flow of the plot, but your point is understandable.

JackGordon
13th Jun 2010, 16:24
To each his own :)

Cyniad
13th Jun 2010, 16:41
Bad Company 2.
Episodes from Liberty City.

ohitspatty
13th Jun 2010, 17:16
I love how we are still on topic.

I settled down with Dead Space and The Saboteur both for dirt cheap. I also found a good copy of Dino Crisis for PS1. Anyone remembers those games? I loved the second one a lot.

JackGordon
13th Jun 2010, 17:39
^ Still play the Dreamcast version of that game from time to time. Second one was ok.

EDIT: you know what, I just remembered something. It's totally off topic and I don't know where to post it but; I was checking Gamespot a few moments ago and I just remembered getting one of those achievements after adding Kane & Lynch: Dead Men to my collection a while ago. The achievement was this:

"Bad Taste

Bad meaning bad. Those perverse souls who insist on populating their personal collections with the worst kind of games are those with bad taste. Yet these individuals' transcendental pursuit of all that is broken and not fun to play is, perhaps, merely misunderstood. Nevertheless, they deserve recognition in their own way."

And it's true, I've got some real crap in my collection, especially on PS1, but I only got this achievement after adding Kane & Lynch: Dead Men. How lame.

ohitspatty
13th Jun 2010, 20:02
...websites have achievements now? How soon will Netflix introduce trophies and achievements?

I can't wait to play The Saboteur, it looks so pretty haha

JackGordon
13th Jun 2010, 20:13
They were simply called 'emblems' before. But now they're called achievements, yes... Gametrailers has 'em too...

The Saboteur is pretty indeed, you'll love it.

GrievousOdyssey
13th Jun 2010, 20:40
Holy Jesus Lynch You Bought Dead Space AND The Saboteur !!!?! ...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH ...

Trophy Unlocked for you ! ...

As for the whole Dead Men bad taste thing ...
Well , you all remember that topic i made discussing / lamenting on how Dead Men will be only recognized as a failure in the video game industry ? ...

ohitspatty
13th Jun 2010, 21:37
Holy Jesus Lynch You Bought Dead Space AND The Saboteur !!!?! ...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH ...

Trophy Unlocked for you ! ...

It's gotta be Gold trophy since it was under thirty bucks for both..NEW!

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 11:21
Visceral Pandemic ~ bought Two gems from EA games at once ... that's right , good games from EA , it's madness ...

ohitspatty
14th Jun 2010, 12:41
Visceral Pandemic ~ bought Two gems from EA games at once ... that's right , good games from EA , it's madness ...

Wait...I didn't even realize that. I love getting trophies/achievements by chance, it really makes it special haha.

I'm also getting Siren Blood Course from my cousin in UK. So I think I'm stacked up until the Dog Days; Fallout 3 (and the DLCs), Dead Space, The Saboteur, and Siren Blood Course.

I'll be so busy with school, work, filming music video(s) and gaming that I might even have to skip the Dog Days...

Obviously I'm kidding about the Dog Days

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jun 2010, 13:04
Wait...I didn't even realize that. I love getting trophies/achievements by chance, it really makes it special haha.

Indeed ...
Especially those that are non-story related hidden / secret trophies / achievement And that you unlock by accident / without checking at the guide ...

ohitspatty
18th Jun 2010, 01:36
Update:

PS3- The Saboteur (day), and occasionally Fallout 3.
360- Occasionally Kane & Lynch, awaiting the 360 surprise from IO :D
PC- Contra flash-game and sometimes Fragger.

Saboteur is really beautiful and I haven't tried Dead Space yet...but anyway I'm pretty happy with the purchase.

Vulture
20th Jun 2010, 16:10
currently im playin RDR and Blur on xbox

Bevacur
21st Jun 2010, 18:50
Playing RDR. Gotta love kidnapping people, murdering people, beating people up and generally killing dogs by running them over with a horse.

GrievousOdyssey
21st Jun 2010, 19:05
Sir killing dogs is Bad , i'm reporting this to Jack Gordon aka Dog Man ...

Bevacur
21st Jun 2010, 19:42
Just had a awesome idea. Gotta try and kidnap a dog and put it on the train tracks...

But yeah Red Dead is a very good example on a free roam world. Enjoyed every bit so far and i suggest to those who have not brought it to try it out. Much better than GTA.

I wonder what is in store for the next GTA if there even is one.

Brackstone17
21st Jun 2010, 20:00
The hints are pointing toward another Vice City game.

JackGordon
21st Jun 2010, 20:02
Leave dem doggies alone, Dog Man says. Or there's gonna be hell to pay!

Bevacur
21st Jun 2010, 20:03
The hints are pointing toward another Vice City game.

Seriously? What made you think of this? I was hoping they move the game to another country or even move the game series to a different century.

I lust for a GTA game based in a future similar to I, Robot or maybe Star Wars. Not with all the jedi crap, the force, evil warriors but from a criminals view and with all the cool looking tech. Just imagine a cop chase in a hover car.

GrievousOdyssey
21st Jun 2010, 20:21
Leave dem doggies alone, Dog Man says. Or there's gonna be hell to pay!

OH LORD ! IT'S THE DOG MAN ! ...
*Dog Man theme plays* ...

Seriously? What made you think of this? I was hoping they move the game to another country or even move the game series to a different century.

I lust for a GTA game based in a future similar to I, Robot or maybe Star Wars. Not with all the jedi crap, the force, evil warriors but from a criminals view and with all the cool looking tech. Just imagine a cop chase in a hover car.

Fan believes that Rockstar will repeat the continuity of Liberty City > Vice City > San Andreas > repeat ...
Some have said the next one will take place in France due to a small piece of artwork on the "Liberty City is over" poster ...
I think while we're at it we can expect a GTA Dubai city , with Yousef Amir blowing skyscrappers off ...

But it's undoubtedly going to be Vice City again ...
Not that i have anything against it really , they can make as many GTA as they want with the five cities they already created , all they have to change is the time period *hoping for a full Biker game set in their glory days in the seventies or eighties* ...

Oh and that Hover chase thing ? i think the PC mod community have already done that ...

Brackstone17
21st Jun 2010, 20:22

In the manual for Episodes from Liberty City there was a thing in the back that said something along the lines of "next stop..." and then the rest was cut off. What you could see, though, was the bottom of a mountain. It looks almost exactly like a a poster that was about in Vice City. Sure it's a bit of a stretch, but it's a hint none the less.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/grandtheftautoepisodesfromlibertycity/news.html?sid=6239776&mode=all

JackGordon
21st Jun 2010, 20:38
OH LORD ! IT'S THE DOG MAN ! ...
*Dog Man theme plays* ...
I tried hard to imagine what this could sound like... Alas, I can't think of anything.

GrievousOdyssey
21st Jun 2010, 20:43
Me neither ...
*jumps off a cliff* ...

ohitspatty
24th Jun 2010, 03:34
Minor update. I'm on vacation and I barely have anytime to play but I do have a working PS2 here so I'm definitely going to spend sometime with it :D

Right now playing some Fire Pro Wrestling Returns (which is one of my favorite wrestling games of all time). Any PS2 recommendations?

Bevacur
24th Jun 2010, 16:28
Silent Hill 2,3 and 4.

Abes Oddysee and Abe's Exoddus

Crash Bash

JackGordon
24th Jun 2010, 16:29
Silent Hill 2

Abes Oddysee and Abe's Exoddus
Good stuff.

Bevacur
24th Jun 2010, 16:37
I used to always play Abes Oddysee and Exoddus...best games ever.

GrievousOdyssey
24th Jun 2010, 17:10
The usual Grand Theft Autos , Prince of Persias , God of War , Hitman Blood Money , Star Wars Battlefront , Ape Escape 3 , The Incredibles : Rise of the Underminer ...

JackGordon
24th Jun 2010, 17:23
I used to always play Abes Oddysee and Exoddus...best games ever.
Personally, I prefer Exoddus because of the quick-save feature because Oddysee was just plain unfair. On the other hand, that quick-save makes it a little too easy sometimes... Still, I can rescue all 300 Mudokons with my eyes closed and without a quick-save feature.

Bevacur
24th Jun 2010, 17:29
Same. Quick save was a hero but can also be your enemy....i made a quick save mistake and every time i died and loaded, it ends with me running into a mine while being chased by those hovering aliens throwing bombs at you. So i had to start over again :(

EDIT: I think it was at the FeeCo Depot level.

JackGordon
24th Jun 2010, 17:50
I only had one segment of Exoddus where I screamed: F--- this game!

It's near the end when you possess one of the big bosses (the last?) and you also have a gunner side-kick with you. At one point you need him to pull a lever but when he does, grinding gears slowly come down from above and dogs-like creatures are released from the other side of the screen. Then, you have to order your gunner to "Kill 'em!" but when you do, he stands right next to you and for some odd reason, you get shot too... D'you what part I'm talking about? Basically, if your gunner isn't perfectly placed he will either be killed by the dogs or he will shoot you. That part made me rage. Other than that, this game is perfect.

Bevacur
24th Jun 2010, 18:08
Ah i know this part! I think?

You control one of those tall things with a big brain, you then get a solider to follow you and after you go down a life you tell him to work and then kill the pink dogs that come repeatedly. You repeat this for like every time you go down a lift. 3 times i think. And yeah 2 grinding gears come down on you slowly.

I hated the part where your in the desert and you have to sneak quietly and not step on the slugs, if you do loads of green worms come after you. Man that was a *****!

I also hated it when your in this green world and there are soldiers in the background that shoot at you, you have to keep hiding behind little objects, if you don't you get shot of the screen. Also they make it harder by making these massive mines that float around.

JackGordon
24th Jun 2010, 18:25
^ Yes, three times in a row. That's the part I was talking about.

Practice makes perfect, Bevacur ;)

On a side-note: I know it's a PSN exclusive but they should release Exoddus for XBLA as well... With achievements. And I've read something about Dreamcast games coming to XBLA? I'm so getting Code: Veronica. With achievements.

Bevacur
24th Jun 2010, 20:31
Yeah, thats a darn shame its on psn. Dreamcast games going to XBLA?! I two would be getting Code Veronica and pretty much all the other Resident Evil games. Gotta love survival horror!

ohitspatty
24th Jun 2010, 20:46
Nice. I have Silent Hill 1-4 already and most of the Resident Evil games (for PS2/GameCube) however I'm thinking about jumping the ship to last generation to replay all those fantastic games. I have re-purchase Devil My Cry series.

It would be interesting to replay Code Veronica. I haven't played that one since ages and somehow I have two PS2 versions and one Gamecube I think lol But achivements would be pretty interesting. Too bad that there are so many PSN/XBL exlusives, those all released online games should be for both.

Bevacur
24th Jun 2010, 21:00
I would love to play Final Fantasy X and X-2 on Xbox.

Fina Fantasy 13 was great, first FF i ever player. But the annoying personalities that are common in anime annoy me so much.

Always a super cheerfull young female (Vanille)

A super sensitive Kid (Hope)

A big tall white guy who fights with his fists and also is positive. And when Snow winks, god it is so creepy.

And can't forget about a comical black guy!

Also the super dramatic cut scenes and over the top fighting (seriously why use a sword when you have a gun?)

EDIT: I totally need to get RE Nemesis!

I have not played a true Resident Evil in ages! Resident Evil 4 and 5 don't count as true RE in my eyes. I hate the new walking, talking intelligent human zombie/living thing.

I prefer the real zombies and horror.

I never played Devil May Cry before, hack and slash games are not my type but i did enjoy Dante's Inferno.

JackGordon
24th Jun 2010, 21:06
Once again: RE:CV is my all time favorite old-school RE next to REmake & Nemesis. I miss survival horror :( Now all that's left are rubbish space marine shooters with blood & guts... Where are the puzzles?! Where's the tension?! *cries like a little b******

GrievousOdyssey
24th Jun 2010, 21:16
Puzzles ? ... what's that ? ... it's like you have to kill five enemies in a timed sequence like in God of War or some **** ? ...

JackGordon
24th Jun 2010, 21:25
Grievous... Science damn it...

Bevacur
24th Jun 2010, 21:27
Was there actual puzzles in Resident Evil? I was pretty young when i first played it..

GrievousOdyssey
24th Jun 2010, 21:33
Yeah you had to listen to them cheesy voice acting , that's a mighty challenge in itself ...

JackGordon
24th Jun 2010, 21:40
*activates brand new Anti-Grievous Nonsense Force 4000 XXL with Wall-Of-Text Shield Plus add-on*

Bevacur
24th Jun 2010, 21:48
*activates brand new Anti-Grievous Nonsense Force 4000 XXL with Wall-Of-Text Shield Plus add-on*

Omfg wow! How did you get that and how much did it cost? I still need to improve my Anit Grievous Rambler 2000.

JackGordon
24th Jun 2010, 21:51
Let's just say I know someone who knows someone who works at Anti-Grievous Ramblings Inc.
I can get you a discount, if you want? Still, the upgrade doesn't come cheap but it's definitely worth it!

Bevacur
24th Jun 2010, 22:17
I definitly want! I think my copy of the Anti Grievous is falling apart...i have no warranty either :(

I remember Grievous saying he was hacking into my Anti Grievous via Tetris was it? I'm on to you Grievous! Why do you cause grief everywhere you go?!

I like walking past the ghosts, they make a real cool noise.

Bevacur
4th Jul 2010, 14:24
I am currently playing Silent Hill 4 now. I'm currently in the forest world and i just gave some chocolate milk to the skinny guy and he gave me a poo trowel. I got to find a tree with hand like roots grabbing the ground.

taylornathan2991
4th Jul 2010, 14:41
Red dead Redemption, L4D2, Crackdown 2 demo, and Kane and Lynch 2 demo.:gamer:

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 12:16
So i just received my copies of Red Dead Redemption (i know i was suppose to replay Revolver first , but what the heck) and Transformers War For Cybertron (yeah i know it's not going to be a better game than the one that came out on the PS2 six years ago , but i think i can still have fun) ...

There's just one problem though ...

My Amplifier has got a little bit of a problem lately , starting from yesterday to be precise ... the front right channel won't work any more , there's a parasite in it , and it's planning to stay , we've checked , it's not the speaker or the wire's problem , it's in the amplifier ...

So instead of playing Redemption in 5.1 dolby digital , i'll be playing it in 4.1 , as if i'm deaf on my right ear ...

Ain't life grand ...

Bevacur
7th Jul 2010, 13:17
And i am still playing Silent Hill 4. Just got Eileen from the hospital. And i have been murdering my Sims on the Sims 2.

I killed my sister's family for fun and then saved it by accident, big mistake. When she is on her period and rage is hotter than hell itself, it's scary :(

Brackstone17
7th Jul 2010, 13:29
I killed my sister's family for fun and then saved it by accident, big mistake. When she is on her period and rage is hotter than hell itself, it's scary :(

That is not a sentence you want to be taken out of context.

ohitspatty
7th Jul 2010, 15:47
LMAO! Nice :D

I've been playing some Resident Evil 4 on PS2 lately. Man, I really like that game...even thought it's so different then old Resident Evil games...

JackGordon
7th Jul 2010, 16:53
Naughty Bear. This will keep me busy for a week or two... Couple of good laughs, multiplayer executions are funny as well, other than that; really mediocre game.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 16:55
Naughty Bear. This will keep me busy for a week or two... Couple of good laughs, multiplayer executions are funny as well, other than that; really mediocre game.

Seriously though , is it worth it ? or should i wait for a ten dollar price tag ? ...

JackGordon
7th Jul 2010, 17:07
Ten dollar price tag. Honestly, when you play it how it's supposed to be played, it can be really fun.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 17:14
No doubt , but it doesn't look like the kind of game you would want to play it more than once ...
And the reviews weren't exactly helpful either ...

Kent-45
7th Jul 2010, 19:28
I'm currently shooting Skags with my high powered Atlas sniper rifle in Borderlands.

SlashPrower
7th Jul 2010, 20:33
I'm working in equal parts on surgery, diagnostics, endoscopy, orthopedics, forensics, and first response on Trauma Team.

GrievousOdyssey
16th Jul 2010, 15:57
Call me stupid but in the next couple of days i'm going to buy a bunch of old PS2 games ... yes ... them old crap without Trophies ...
Imagine that ...

Look it's not my fault if there's nothing much from this generation that i would like to buy , plus these PS2 games ... they're cheap as hell , and i mean it ! yet it's ... kind of sad if you think about it ...

I mean the same thing will happen with the games we're playing today , in a few years they're be only selling for a handful of dollars on the market ...

It's even worse when you see that they're not priced based on their value , which means that great games will sell as much as bad games ... sometimes bad games gets a few dollar more expensive if it's 'rare' ...

Go on , cry ! ...

JackGordon
16th Jul 2010, 16:13
Been playing Naughty Bear for two weeks straight now. I love it. Check out the G4tv review (http://g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/63067/naughty-bear/review/), it pretty much sums up my thoughts about this game.

GrievousOdyssey
16th Jul 2010, 16:23
The Pros
Antihero eventually rises above revenge

Thats ... that sounds quite dramatic ...
Is its exaggerated ? i mean i didn't thought the game actually had a 'real' story all along the game ...

JackGordon
16th Jul 2010, 16:58
Exaggerated in the review, you mean? No not really, at some point he does. The story actually has a couple of surprises up its sleeve.

The one big issue I have with the single player is that there is indeed only one level, sliced into several areas. And every chapter those areas just get a new theme (military, gloomy, ...) but basically they're always the same.
However, it does make it easier in the sense that you know your surroundings really well by the time you reach chapter 3 and that's where the game becomes rather challenging.

Some reviews lead you to believe that the game is unplayable. And that's just plain horse****. In fact, it's very playable. I keep coming back for more to beat someone's score on the leaderboards. In fact, I'm in the top 100 on at least 4 challenges. I have three more achievements to go but afterwards I will not delete the game from my harddrive. Instead I will still be playing it frequently because it's fun.

Getting a platinum cup for completing a challenge with a really high score actually feels rewarding.

EDIT: Apparantly I wasn't very enthousiastic about this game in my previous posts. As you can see; the game grew on me because I let it.

GrievousOdyssey
16th Jul 2010, 17:08
Well i guess it's just a price thing then that's stopping me from buying Funny Bear right now ... afterall the PS2 games i'm about to buy aren't exactly triple A titles either , but they're cheap ...

JackGordon
16th Jul 2010, 17:15
Which ones, if you don't mind my asking? Michigan? :p

Bevacur
16th Jul 2010, 17:26
Apparently Naughty sucks big donkey balls.

I am now traversing the Himuro Mansion, armed with a camera....

GrievousOdyssey
16th Jul 2010, 17:29
Report from hell ? Nah , Run Like Hell maybe ...

Nah just kidding again , i checked on Run Like Hell , doesn't look that great either ... anywya ...

Not Sure Yet :
Area 51
Gladiator Sword of Vengeance
Burnout 3 Takedown
Haven Call of The King
Rogue Trooper
Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter
SpyHunter

Absolutely Sure :
Headhunter
Cold Winter
Deu Sex :D
Max Payne
Pacific Warriors 2: Dogfight

And here's the main event ! ...
JAMES BOND MARATHON !!! ...
James Bond 007 Everything or Nothing
Quantun of Solace PS3 (yeah i know the PS2 version is better , but not that much better , might as well get the PS3 version for Trophies !) ...
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
James Bond 007 Agent Under Fire
James Bond 007: Nightfire
From Russia With Love

Bonus :
PS3 games ...
Resistance 2
The Darkness

JackGordon
16th Jul 2010, 17:42
Apparently Naughty sucks big donkey balls.Well, it doesn't.

Und Grievous; I would never buy the games you mentioned (ps2 & 3).

GrievousOdyssey
16th Jul 2010, 17:47
AHAH ...
Me neither (well for the most of them) , as i already bought all that was needed to be bought for the PS2 years ago , these are just the leftovers ...

But as you see we all have to make compromises during the dog days of summer ...

Bevacur
16th Jul 2010, 17:50
Area 51 and James Bond Everything or Nothing are good, i enjoyed them both. Co-op mode is awesome on JB.

GrievousOdyssey
16th Jul 2010, 17:59
Great ! i'm sure my shadow would love to play some co-op ! won't you Grievous' Shadow ? ...

Hell yeah ! ...

There , you see ? he likes it already ...

Bevacur
17th Jul 2010, 22:48
I have moved further on in Silent Hill 4 and i am now in the Apartments world.

Richard Braintree's ghost is awesome and annoying at the same times. He teleports when chasing after you or when you attack, he has this mechanical sound to him and his ghost flickers like a tv, it's a really cool effect.

On Patapon for psp i am struggling to kill this massive worm.

I bailed on Project Zero, **** me up when i tried to escape from a ghost, run into another room and open a door, and there was the ghost i escaped from. I did not expect that at all. Atmosphere is great for and old xbox game.

So how is everyone doing on their games?

JackGordon
17th Jul 2010, 23:29
Project Zero II: Crimson Butterfly is really good too, Bevacur. You should give that one a try. And if you own a PS2, get Project Zero III: The Tormented as well.

I'm having trouble getting platinum cups for the harder challenges on Naughty Bear... No big deal, though. Just need some practice. 1000G soon ;)

GrievousOdyssey
17th Jul 2010, 23:48
You know what ? screw them games , i made a marvelous discovery since last day ...

TELIIIIIIIIVISION ...

Seriously , instead of turning on my PS3 , i just pick up the TV remote and start changing chanels ... And it's bloody amazing ! it's showing movies ! old , new , bad , good , Robert Redford , marvelous ! ... There's even porn i guess , but them channels don't work too good , not to worry ...

So yeah , no need to buy them cheap PS2 games either , saving the money for some better uses ... like leaving them on the counter to pick up dust ...

SlashPrower
17th Jul 2010, 23:49
Trying to get medals and S-ranks on Trauma Team, also replaying Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

ohitspatty
17th Jul 2010, 23:50
You know what ? screw them games , i made a marvelous discovery since last day ...

TELIIIIIIIIVISION ...

Seriously , instead of turning on my PS3 , i just pick up the TV remote and start changing chanels ... And it's bloody amazing ! it's showing movies ! old , new , bad , good , Robert Redford , marvelous ! ... There's even porn i guess , but them channels don't work too good , not to worry ...

So yeah , no need to buy them cheap PS2 games either , saving the money for some better uses ... like leaving them on the counter to pick up dust ...

Try LifeTimeChannel. I bet you'd love it.

Bevacur
18th Jul 2010, 00:12
Project Zero II: Crimson Butterfly is really good too, Bevacur. You should give that one a try. And if you own a PS2, get Project Zero III: The Tormented as well.

I'm having trouble getting platinum cups for the harder challenges on Naughty Bear... No big deal, though. Just need some practice. 1000G soon ;)

Yeah i will, I am enjoying Project zero, possibly the first game that has actually made me scared and fear going into empty rooms.

It is a shame that the 4th Project Zero is on the wii and only in Japan.

Crimson butterfly looks really creepy and Project Zero 3 looks scary when ghosts start appearing in your house, i just saw this from the trailers.

So glad i still got my ps2, gonna have to buy Silent Hill 3 aswell.

GrievousOdyssey
18th Jul 2010, 00:32
Trying to get medals and S-ranks on Trauma Team, also replaying Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

Lol medals ... that's soooo twentieth century , we got TROPHIES DAMNIT ! ...

Try LifeTimeChannel. I bet you'd love it.

It better be better than (better be better ?) Sundance Channel , god what aweful stuff they're showing there ...

So glad i still got my ps2,

Indeed , i don't understand them people who complain about how their PS3 can't play PS2 games ... why didn't they just keep their old consoles , idiots ...

JackGordon
18th Jul 2010, 02:11
It is a shame that the 4th Project Zero is on the wii and only in Japan.
There is a way, my son... There is a way (http://www.fatalframe4.net/).

Kent-45
18th Jul 2010, 05:20
Today I actually had a blast playing Samurai Shodown V. This was one of the first games I ever played in the arcade as a kid, and every quarter I ever got my hands on went into that damn Samurai Shodown machine. It's basically your typical sprite-based fighter... filled with samurai, ninjas, and various other psychotic/demon things.

The english translations in-game are so terrible that it's best not to even try reading them. Characters will routinely run onscreen, say something like:

"I FEEL A BREEZE"

and leave. Every piece of dialogue is one non sequitur after another. The only english speaking character in the game (Galford) is semi-understandable, but that's not saying much. Either way, awful translation aside... it's actually a blast. This is an extremely difficult game. The AI is brutal, fast, and unforgiving. If any game makes you want to rip your console out of the wall and throw it at a homeless person, this game is it.

http://www.look.yeah1.com/albums/userpics/1217090/SS5_Xbox_003_1_.jpg

Bevacur
18th Jul 2010, 13:06
There is a way, my son... There is a way (http://www.fatalframe4.net/).

How do i install this into the Wii?? I need to get this!

It's actually based in a hospital, no haunted mansions?

JackGordon
18th Jul 2010, 13:41
I can't help you actually. Don't have the game yet or an SD card (I know for a fact that you need one for the patch to work)... Your best bet is to take a look at their forums.

Bevacur
18th Jul 2010, 14:00
Aww man. I've just been reading the forums, the scares sound really cool. I need hurry up and finish Project Zero and buy Crimson Butterfly.

BeardedHoplite
18th Jul 2010, 15:30
The AI is brutal, fast, and unforgiving. If any game makes you want to rip your console out of the wall and throw it at a homeless person, this game is it.

I can think of a few more.

Call of Duty 4: Mile High Club
Ghost Recon for the PS2
Rainbow Six Vegas
Vampire Rain

EDIT: I also got the original No One Lives Forever on the PS2 for three dollars. it is one of the finest games I have ever played

Bevacur
18th Jul 2010, 17:23
Vampire Rain. I played the demo and that was a ***** to play, i could not even do the tutorial since they run at you so fast and the shotgun is rubbish.

Kent-45
18th Jul 2010, 18:49
I actually played Vampire Rain too... and it did suck.

ohitspatty
18th Jul 2010, 20:30
I booted up my PS3 and I just remembered that I downloaded Silent Hill PSclassic so I'll be playing through that this week. I don't remember much so that's perfect, sure there will be some surprises :)

Oh and I'm really curious about that game "Flower". It's on PSN and it seems pretty rad. I might buy it.

GrievousOdyssey
19th Jul 2010, 01:54
Oh and I'm really curious about that game "Flower". It's on PSN and it seems pretty rad. I might buy it.

That game should have been called "Wind" , seriously ...

ohitspatty
19th Jul 2010, 02:02
It's about both ain't it?

TheUnKnowN
19th Jul 2010, 05:12
Playing Left 4 Dead 2, Transformers: War For Cybertron, Just Cause 2, Call of Duty MW2, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Medal Of Honor.

ohitspatty
20th Jul 2010, 03:09
I'm attempting the Seven Day Survivor in Dead Rising. First trying to see how far I can get without a guide. ...fourteen hours here I come.

EDIT: This is kinda boring already lol ...only four hours in.
EDIT2: I don't think I have enough of food. Damn it.
EDIT3: Nevermind, I found some wine enough for now.
EDIT4: I give up for now. It's too boring.

GrievousOdyssey
20th Jul 2010, 17:24
MEANWHILE ...

I'm still watching the teleevision , i've seen Ben-Hur ! Marvelous , i heard it's based on a true story , but it's actually based off a book , a best seller i might add , just like The Last Temptation of Christ ! ...
Later i'll be seeing Robocop ! Now That is based on a true story , i know it is , i was the one with a shotgun who shot at Murphy ...

Been seeing too much movies , so much i could barely remember five of them , anywya , i was thinking they should make games out of these movies , it'll get more people interested in them ! ...

Imagine , Lawrence of Arabia , a interactive drama game , the new project from the makers of Heavy Rain , fiddle with the right analog stick to drink water ! ...

Or Ben-Hur Death Chariot Racing , arm your chariots to the teeth with nuclear missile launcher , and go on a crussade to win the worlwide championship , All In The Name of Jesus Christ himself ! (voiced by Neil Patrick Harris) ...

Imagine , Michael Collins , a third person sandbox shooter , with stealth assassinations inspired by the award winning Hitman series ! it's like The Saboteur with all them irish , but better , because we're playing as Liam Nesson ! ...

And what else ... oh , of course , Escape from New York ! a real time strategy game ! ... then again no ... twelve year olds will instantly call it a Metal gear rip-off ... oh the irony ...

ohitspatty
20th Jul 2010, 19:45
I've never really played a good interactive game, they all felt boring after awhile.

(Of course not as boring as standing and not doing anything for 20 minutes before drinking some more orange juice so you won't die).

Bevacur
20th Jul 2010, 22:02
Just borrowed Silent Hill 2 from my cousin for the xbox which i might try now.

JackGordon
20th Jul 2010, 22:31
Nice! The xbox version is the best version, Bevacur. Enjoy.

I just got a 1000G for Naughty Bear yesterday (and got n°1 on the leaderboard for the 7.2 killer challenge:cool:), will be getting the last 7 platinum cups. Hopefully I'll be done when LIMBO hits the bloody marketplace.
And I'll be playing Gears 2 non-stop from 22-25 july; x20 experience points... I want my wings, damn it!

Bevacur
20th Jul 2010, 23:11
Has anyone heard of I-Doser? It's supposed to get you high when you listen to this song for 35 minutes straight.

Loads of people is saying it works but i am not too sure...so, i am gonna to listen to it now and play Silent hill 2 :)

EDIT: Jack i need your help! I just put the disk in BUT i can not see anything! I can hear the background move around in the menu as i can hear the sounds!

I can hear James when he is talking to himself in the toilet, but i can not see, just a black screen.

JackGordon
20th Jul 2010, 23:15
I just got high from this (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/haunting-wonderland-alice-madness/701881).

Bevacur
20th Jul 2010, 23:18
I saw that teaser earlier today, looks weird and i never heard of an Alice game before...

JackGordon
20th Jul 2010, 23:55
You kidding? It's a PC classic: American McGee's Alice.

Bevacur
20th Jul 2010, 23:58
Nope, can't say it rings a bell.

Barely play games on the pc as it is so ****.

JackGordon
21st Jul 2010, 00:04
Same here and I agree. I only own a handful of pc games because they were never released on consoles. Alice is one of them.

joe the janitor
21st Jul 2010, 00:50
Right now I'm playing Alien Swarm, Mount and Blade Warband, and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead. Oh, if anyone here plays Arma 2, and OA check out my first "professional" map :D here (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11211)

2Rare2Die
21st Jul 2010, 05:07
Kane & LYnch 2 online demo for now on pretty much and socom confrontation

JackGordon
21st Jul 2010, 13:49
LIMBO! And it was totally worth the wait.

Falkenwut
21st Jul 2010, 14:57
At the moment I'm playing Aliens Vs Predator, got new hardware and ready to test it out.
Just finished Assassin's Creed 2 recently.. the ending was disappointing for me...

Still can't wait for the upcoming games this year.. I thought there weren't gonna be much but this year exploded with surprising titles!

Bevacur
21st Jul 2010, 19:05
My friend gave me Wipeout Pure for the psp and i am loving it so far.

JackGordon
21st Jul 2010, 19:15
Wait until you try Pulse, Bevacur. ;)

Bevacur
21st Jul 2010, 22:02
Is it good? I'm going town tomorrow to buy Red Faction Guerrilla as it is finally my birthday tomorrow. I might buy Patapon 2 or Silent Hill Origins and Shattered memories, possibly even Crimson Butterfly and The Tormented :)

JackGordon
21st Jul 2010, 22:51
Well, in that case: congratulations, young sir! And; definitely get both SH games (avoid the PS2 versions, please) and both Project Zero titles. Also, if you happen to own a component cable for your PS2; great! Because The Tormented will look even better once the image has been set to progressive scan.

Finally: you'll forget about Pure once you tried Pulse, I can promise you that. It's challenging, it's fun (especially with a custom soundtrack) and it's still one of the best looking PSP games out there.

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Jul 2010, 01:59
On his birthday , Bevacur goes to buy horror games ...

OH I KNOW EVIL WHEN I SEE IT ... ! ...

BeardedHoplite
22nd Jul 2010, 02:12
Is it good? I'm going town tomorrow to buy Red Faction Guerrilla as it is finally my birthday tomorrow. I might buy Patapon 2 or Silent Hill Origins and Shattered memories, possibly even Crimson Butterfly and The Tormented :)

You should try either one of The Suffering games, they're creepy and gory.

GrievousOdyssey
28th Jul 2010, 01:52
Transformers : War for Cybertron ...

I only played the campaign in solo , and on that alone i can pretty much agree with IGN decision of rating it Nine out of Ten ...

It was a That of great thrill ...

That or we're suffering from the dog days of summer ...

Bevacur
28th Jul 2010, 15:19
You should try either one of The Suffering games, they're creepy and gory.

Y...your a fan of The Suffering?!

BeardedHoplite
28th Jul 2010, 15:24
Y...your a fan of The Suffering?!

Why yes, my good man.

JackGordon
28th Jul 2010, 15:27
Went through Alan Wake - The Signal for the third time today. Very good DLC (the collector's edition came with a voucher so I got it 'for free').

Got a 200G for LIMBO a couple of days ago; absolutely loved it and will often play it again.
However, I suggest waiting for a price drop because 1200 points is just too much for this sweet but very short adventure.

Bevacur
28th Jul 2010, 15:32
Why yes, my good man.

I can not express the happiness i am feeling at the moment. The happiness is so powerful, it cancelled it's self out and i am now feeling glum.

EDIT: I played the demo for Limbo and i am surprised no-one has *****ed about a child getting impaled by a spider, drowning, impaled by spikes, crushed by a boulder and killed by a bear trap.

Dante's Inferno got complaints from a nanny group just because there was an achievement called 'Bad Nanny'.

JackGordon
28th Jul 2010, 16:06
EDIT: I played the demo for Limbo and i am surprised no-one has *****ed about a child getting impaled by a spider, drowning, impaled by spikes, crushed by a boulder and killed by a bear trap.

Dante's Inferno got complaints from a nanny group just because there was an achievement called 'Bad Nanny'.
That's because no one is there to defend spiders, water, spikes, boulders and bear-traps :(

BeardedHoplite
28th Jul 2010, 16:17
I can not express the happiness i am feeling at the moment. The happiness is so powerful, it cancelled it's self out and i am now feeling glum.

Will it help if I tell you something about the Suffering franchise?
EDIT: Something...secret

JackGordon
29th Jul 2010, 23:20
Finishing up my long run of Alan Wake with developer's commentary enabled. To anyone with access to this commentary: play through the game very slowly, absorb everything (dialogue, cutscenes, graphics, audio, all of it...) and listen to what the devs have to say...

I wish more games would do this.

GrievousOdyssey
29th Jul 2010, 23:34
I wish more games would do this.

What we're wishing is just too grand for this world ...

Bevacur
30th Jul 2010, 01:37
Will it help if I tell you something about the Suffering franchise?
EDIT: Something...secret

Tell me! I'm guessing the series is over or there is another one in the making. I bet it's going to be disappointment.

Bevacur
5th Aug 2010, 18:14
I'm playing this awesome game called....internet dating!

I got a few Dominican girls and African girls interest in me, got some messages and all but shame i can't read Spanish. And i also have a transexual who wants to meet me....

Brackstone17
5th Aug 2010, 18:24
I'm playing this awesome game called....internet dating!

I got a few Dominican girls and African girls interest in me, got some messages and all but shame i can't read Spanish. And i also have a transexual who wants to meet me....
What the hell man.

Bevacur
5th Aug 2010, 18:30
I'm totally cool.

On a serious note, i'm currently in the middle of losing my anal virginity to Abe's Exoddus on the PSP. This game rocks! I'm in the Slig barracks at the moment, big mistake, i should of chose Bonewerkz instead.

Brackstone17
5th Aug 2010, 18:34
I'm totally cool.
If you say so, just don't be surprised when this (http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x212/brandim231/frankenfurter.jpg) shows up at your door.

Bevacur
5th Aug 2010, 18:42
*Quits dating site* Oh and the women/man is in the US so im safe..for now...

JackGordon
5th Aug 2010, 18:43
I should be playing Mask of the Lunar Eclipse, if only the English patch didn't freeze up my bloody Wii!

YoungZer0
5th Aug 2010, 19:35
I'm totally cool.

On a serious note, i'm currently in the middle of losing my anal virginity to Abe's Exoddus on the PSP. This game rocks! I'm in the Slig barracks at the moment, big mistake, i should of chose Bonewerkz instead.

Hehe, just completed the game recently. Rescued all 300 Mudokons.

ohitspatty
7th Aug 2010, 07:15
My second XBox aka #Deuce has taken the fall tonight while playing an intense game of Fragile Alliance. It's a very sad day but I can't say I didn't see it coming. It sounded like a chainsaw running dry on gas and froze occasionally. No Red Rings of Death thought, just another graphic card failure.

I still have my PS3, but I will miss my little box that was hand crafted by Bill Gates himself.

On the bright side I got Siren Blood Curse on disc, so I will defiantly play that ASAP.

petersjov
7th Aug 2010, 10:08
i just borrowed Bad company 2, from a friend.....and while it may be a great multiplayer game, i dont know...the story in single player rocks, and the game is very heavy scripted, i dont know.....people been talking, saying how great is is....im disapointed....

(my friend borrowed my borderland, witch he did not like that much....not sure we can be friend anymore....)

Bevacur
7th Aug 2010, 18:20
Hehe, just completed the game recently. Rescued all 300 Mudokons.

Exoddus is actually more easier than Oddysee. I blame quicksave, but it sure does help alot!

I rescued 75-6 so far, i think i missed a few hidden spots.

ohitspatty
10th Aug 2010, 21:27
http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2008/05/sirenlogoblood.jpg

That game...is so awesome.

GrievousOdyssey
29th Aug 2010, 23:15
So i take it nobody plays games anymore ? ...
Yeah , me neither ...

I did played Modern Dog Among Thieves Warfare Days early last week ...

T'was Meh ...

Kent-45
29th Aug 2010, 23:20
I'm busy playing a game called "Real Life" grievous. It's almost completely pay to play, with multiple monthly subscriptions. All the achievements passed me by, and all the players on my server suck ass. The graphics are decent though, I wonder how they get the trees to look so real.

GrievousOdyssey
29th Aug 2010, 23:28
What do you think i was playing at during the whole month of August !?! ...

Now , after that 'Meh' game , i'm sufffffffering from severe psychosis ...

*starts rolling all over the floor* ...

Oh and i also went outside today ...

Felt sick ! ...

People EVERYWHERE ...

In the Bus ... OH LORD , I think i'm going to barf ...

JackGordon
29th Aug 2010, 23:35
That's why I stay inside and only leave the house when it rains, Grievous. And, of course, to take the dogs for a walk. Otherwise there's **** all over the place. Don't want that.

OT: I finished all of K&L2's campaign, co-op & Arcade mode achievements. Will be waiting for a patch before attempting the multiplayer. In the meantime I'm playing Bioshock & Velvet Assassin on 360 and Bioshock 2 MP on PS3.

VegaSagatBison
30th Aug 2010, 00:58
http://www.noobstore.com/prodimages/p-dg1-art-280.gif

I even heard there's no respawn points in RL!

joe the janitor
30th Aug 2010, 01:17
FPS Doug... We meet again.

joe the janitor
30th Aug 2010, 01:18
Anyway right now I'm playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl with AMK and NLC (http://z7.invisionfree.com/STALKER_Modding/index.php?showtopic=1). Very good mods!

ohitspatty
30th Aug 2010, 01:26
I just finished Heavy Rain (again), my fifth (Perfect Crime) & sixth play-through. Unlocked all endings just to realize that last three I need to unlock, were probably most disappointing ones. Especially "Square One".

Anyways, probably going to play some Dog Days.

GrievousOdyssey
30th Aug 2010, 01:38
I haven't touched my console in days ! this forum is draining the life out of me !!! ...

But's not like we got that much games to buy in September so it's all good , i'm saving my energy for the months to come ...

monzmeg
31st Aug 2010, 15:13
Just levelled up another 5 levels of my commando class in Too Human (day one purchase)....brill game. I really hope this franchise gets resurrected. Shame no DLC ever emerged...

Been playing Bayonetta(£9.99 at HMV just now) for the first time as well....story is bonkers.....gameplay etc is really good fun, and I hated all Devil May Cry games.

Also being playing a fair bit of Section 8....the campaign is really hard cause your AI suck......instant action is a lot of fun however.....very underrated game.

...and I'm still hacking away at The Last Remnant....hated it when I first bought it (another day one purchase I regretted at the time) got it cheap again a couple of months ago and have really enjoyed it so far.....its massive....and the story is actually pretty interesting.....oh and am considering a Dead Men playthrough on Morphine setting until patch for Dog Days comes out.

JackGordon
31st Aug 2010, 16:18
Playing Minerva's Den now. It's truly great! Definitely worth 800MSP.

petersjov
31st Aug 2010, 17:06
[QUOTE=monzmeg;1484508]
...and I'm still hacking away at The Last Remnant....hated it when I first bought it (another day one purchase I regretted at the time) got it cheap again a couple of months ago and have really enjoyed it so far.....its massive....and the story is actually pretty interesting....QUOTE]

Yeah, i gave upon last remnant....i loved it, and i liked watching the combat unfold!! but its just to hard at a certain point....i wanna get resonance of fate...but i have enough games right now ;-)

ohitspatty
31st Aug 2010, 17:55
One who hates Devil May Cry shall burn in hell while getting poked in the ass by Satan and playing Dante Must Die Mode forever.

But than again, only men can handle Devil May Cry series.

With all seriousness, I don't know what to play now. I want to play Dog Days and new maps seems like a blast but that's not exactly 10 dollar value, you know.

I might give Fallout 3 a spin again.

GrievousOdyssey
31st Aug 2010, 18:18
Playing Minerva's Den now. It's truly great! Definitely worth 800MSP.

. . . but , but , but ...

I swore never to buy DLCs !!! what should i do !!! i'm so tempted oh god heelllllp !!!!!! ...

One who hates Devil May Cry shall burn in hell while getting poked in the ass by Satan and playing Dante Must Die Mode forever.

Is the PS3 remastered edition coming out ? because i'm going to buy it if it haz trophiz ...

With all seriousness, I don't know what to play now. I want to play Dog Days and new maps seems like a blast but that's not exactly 10 dollar value, you know.

What , because you've even considered of buying the DLCs ? ...
Hell i didn't even bought the limited edition , it was a hard thing to do , you know , to 'stop' buying special editions ... but i had to , i Had To ! ...

Anywya , i'm too busy watching movies and organising heists to be bothered with playing games ...

I somehow manage to find times to come in this forum to slap silly people's faces , strange ...

I might give Fallout 3 a spin again.

Christ , i force myself not to play Fallout 3 , not now with New Vegas coming out ...
I mean imagine if i make another 'real' playthrough of Fallout 3 , might make me sick of it all to even want to play New Vegas ...

ohitspatty
31st Aug 2010, 18:30
As far as I know, DMC HD Classic is just a rumor but it would be nice. The trophies would be very intense and hard, so that's a game to be completely proud of if you ever platinum it.

Maybe one day. I'm looking forward to those HD Classic. Are you getting the Sly Collection by any chance? They should also do the Silent Hill collection as well, remastered Silent Hill 2 would be something to wish for.

Anyways, as for your DLC question. Maybe I'm sad but I buy them once in awhile and I found the Fallout 3 DLCs to get the most bang for the buck. Especially Broken Steel.

I'm probably on my 5th playthrough in Fallout 3. Ever since I beat the game on Normal, I started playing on hard because it's so much more fun. The bullets are get used up unlike Normal where I walked with over 1000 bullets for my Chinese Assault Riffle. I just can't bring myself to put it on even harder difficulty because Super Mutant Overlord get too f.u.c.k.i.n.g hard.

Anyway, there is just so much I haven't done or seen. But I bet once I 100% the trophies...I will probably feel little sick of it. However I'm pumped for New Vegas, so I see myself playing through it few times before I dedicate myself to Platinum Fallout 3 because it's so time consuming.

GrievousOdyssey
31st Aug 2010, 19:31
Since i never bought a single Sly game on the PS2 , yep , i'll be getting that collection ...
In fact i think i'll be getting all them collections On the condition that it's games i don't have ...
Since i owned both God of Wars i don't see the point of getting the collection , especially since the only thing it 'really' adds is trophies , but it just Had to be pisspoor easy trophies , it's insulting ... Also to add more fuel , all trophies shares the same icon ...
*looks at your avatar* ...
I just don't understand why , ironically , Most PS3 exclusive titles either has (or both) I: pisspoor easy trophies , or II : all uses the same icons , only with different colors for bronze gold platinum and silver , which is still insulting ...

And yes , will be looking foward to beat hard modes on all Devil May Cries , finally it will be a game 'worthy' of earning the platinum (my seven other platinums are still waiting for that Big One , you remember) ...

As for the DLCs ...
I actually did 'bought' DLCs ... only that it already came with the retail disc ...
For example (and there's only Three of them) ...
Epilog for Prince of Persia , i bought a special copy of the game that came with a redeem code , slapped on the box , that unlocks the DLC ...
Game of the Year edition for Fallout 3 , i bought all five DLCs at once , and it was cheaper that way than buying all individualy ...
And of course the Episodes from Liberty City (though expansion packs would be the right qualification) , i always prefered to have a disc , boxart and manual than a digital download , so i bought it at retail full price ...

Now since i don't play online games , most DLCs are out of the window for me , but as for the single player DLCs ? well ... i just don't like buying them unless its like the examples i've listed above ...
This has mostly something to do with the pricing tag ...
Right now i'm very tempted in buying Bioshock 2's Minerva Den DLC , but ...

I'm just scared ****less of them ! ...

Maybe i'll buy a 'redeem code' somewhere on ebay for four bucks and seventy cents in a few months , i don't know , scared of DLCs , scared of them lil bastards ...

Wait what ? never played Fallout 3 on harder difficulties ? ...
On my first playthrough in 2008 i played on normal , no shame in that , by my third or forth playthrough i did a very hard one (in preparation for the game of the year edition) , i even named my character Vredhray , which is a acronym of 'very hard' ... yeah ...
Not my fault if i was clueless in giving a name to that lil bastard ! ...

Then when i bought the game of the year edition , i saw that since both copies of the game were of 'different' regions , i couldn't share the save files ...
No problem , i make another very hard playthrough , this time however i max out to level 30 without using a single of the DLCs , only with the original quests and content of the wasteland ...
After i got to 30 i hit on Mothership Zeta , then Point Lookouts , Pitt and Anchorage and finish it with Broken Steel ...

WHAT A ******* STUPID MISTAKE ...

And listen , don't even think of trying this yourself ...
Playing Zeta , Lookout and Broken Steel with a character that is Already on level 30 AND on Very Hard is a PAIN ...
Enemy characters takes a dozen headshots to die ! the lil alien buggers even had some invisible protective shield that seems impossible to break through , madness and tedious gameplay almost ruined my experience ...

Luckily Though ! (and this is what saved the day) , the trophies for just finishing the DLCs were about twenty silver and five gold ... and with the level 30 + very hard playthrough ? it was Worth It , didn't felt like cheap trophies at all ...

I'm so proud of myself for giving trophies its true value worth ...
*opera plays in the background as i stand over the hills by the sunset* ...

PS : i just realized i made another "Heart-attack-for-Slash" type of long post , muffins to those who survived the sheer power of my spiritual enlightment ...

JackGordon
31st Aug 2010, 19:32
. . . but , but , but ...

I swore never to buy DLCs !!! what should i do !!! i'm so tempted oh god heelllllp !!!!!! ...
You could make an exception because for once this is DLC worth paying for. I kid you not.

EDIT: and don't pray to god. Pray to Joe Pesci and worship the sun instead.

GrievousOdyssey
31st Aug 2010, 19:38
Anyway, there is just so much I haven't done or seen.

Go to the wikia site , when you see that you know 'more' than what there already is in the wikia site , you'll know that you've seen it all ...

and don't pray to god. Pray to Joe Pesci and worship the sun instead.

Indeed , i Am God , no need to pray to myself , for myself , by myself ...

Then again ...

Anywya , Minerva's Den , lol i'm asking you all over the forum for this it's embarassing ...
It charges ten bucks , but does it has at least one sixth of the full game's content ? single player wise ...

Don't bother answering again if you've already answered in another topic , i'll find it , like always ...

JackGordon
31st Aug 2010, 19:50
If I wasn't such a greedy prick, I'd buy it for you.

GrievousOdyssey
31st Aug 2010, 20:38
I was just SOOOOOOOOOOO Excited when i heard they were making a Single Player DLC (and none of that Trial tedious challenges) , i think regardless of what the content is i'm going to buy it anywya , because its Bioshock 2 ! and all smart men knows its superior than the first one , proof that Ken Levine is useless , fact ! ...
*me gets a tomatoe thrown on mah face* ...

Just hope i don't get a single spoiler out of this ...
*drinks a anti-spoiler tonic , it makes all spoilers turn into kisses whenever i see them* ...

The spoiler issue is even a bigger problem to me because i don't think i'm even going to buy this DLC this month , i barely have time to play Dog Days twice right now ...
Might save it when it gets a discount at christmas then , it's not like we exactly have a huge load of games to buy this holiday , ain't that right Vega Bison ? ...

JackGordon
31st Aug 2010, 21:33
Bioshock 2 ! and all smart men knows its superior than the first one , proof that Ken Levine is useless , fact ! ...
*me gets a tomatoe thrown on mah face* ...
Tomato? Nah...

*charges up new Minerva's Den plasmid and lands it spot on Grievous' fugly troll face*

ohitspatty
8th Sep 2010, 03:14
I'm playing Dead Space now...

And it's actually really nice! I like the atmosphere. On to chapter two tonight.

GrievousOdyssey
8th Sep 2010, 03:21
Of course it's bloody nice ! one of the best games of these past years ...

And it's even better than Bioshock , say it ! ...

Kent-45
8th Sep 2010, 05:11
I'm playing Dead Space now...

And it's actually really nice! I like the atmosphere. On to chapter two tonight.

That's actually on my list of games to try...

Played through the first chapter at a friends house, late one night... and that game's atmosphere is creepy as hell. I gotta give em credit.

The problem is that the effect wears off... just like in any horror game. Once you see a million of those little infect necro thingies, it becomes just another bag of meat to pump bullets into.

GrievousOdyssey
8th Sep 2010, 05:15
Might as well tell you now ...

The first chapter of Dead Space is also the Only chapter that looked 'scary' ...
The ambience is still marvelous for the rest of the game , but if you're looking for a 24/7 **** your pants game , well this ain't it ...

ohitspatty
8th Sep 2010, 05:25
And it's even better than Bioshock , say it ! ...

I only played the demo for Bioshock, I didn't really like it.

But Dead Space + dark room + headphones = great experience.
It reminds me of The Thing, which I thought was pretty fine game...hard as **** but fine.

JackGordon
8th Sep 2010, 08:22
But Dead Space + dark room + headphones = great experience.
I'm expecting my Astro A40 + Mixamp any day now. Will be going through all of my PS3 & 360 games again, A40 equipped. Stocked up on diapers as well ;)

GrievousOdyssey
8th Sep 2010, 23:31
See ?! you noticed that too ? ...

I don't get it how come with headphones , i get 'more' of the sound quality than with my 5.1 surround channels ... i just don't get it ...

ohitspatty
9th Sep 2010, 00:01
Not everyone ****s out money and can afford stereo sound system.

GrievousOdyssey
9th Sep 2010, 00:09
But what i'm saying is that there's no point in owning that stereo system if the sound quality is better with headphones ! ...

And it doesn't make sense how a simple headphone is better than having the five channel system ...

(this situation is only for Games though , movies are still better with the five channels) ...

ohitspatty
9th Sep 2010, 00:16
For games, yeah, that's my favorite way to play games with good sound-mixing/soundtrack.
I very much enjoyed Dog Days with headphones as well.

GrievousOdyssey
9th Sep 2010, 00:21
Hell , some of Mona Mur's work is only noticable/does its true 'effect' with them headphones ...

ohitspatty
9th Sep 2010, 00:27
That's true. I didn't really catch whole lot on my second play-through in co-op.

However, Dead Space is fantastic so far. So defiantly going to try it on Impossible.

BeardedHoplite
9th Sep 2010, 00:30
Anybody try Dead Rising: Case Zero. It's pretty good, and a goddamn steal at 400 MS points (Like, 4-5 USD). My only gripe is that it is a bit short.

GrievousOdyssey
9th Sep 2010, 00:30
Aaah Dead Space , the Plasma Cutter is all you need , really ...

It was only on my Fourth playthrough of that game that i bothered testing the six other weapons/tools ...

And it was for them trophies , of course ...

ohitspatty
9th Sep 2010, 00:32
Yeah Plasma Cutter seems to get the job done.
I'll try the other baddies on Impossible, in case that will give me some trouble.

GrievousOdyssey
10th Sep 2010, 02:06
http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/screenshots/741/med_080910%20426.JPG

joe the janitor
10th Sep 2010, 03:10
Anybody try Dead Rising: Case Zero. It's pretty good, and a goddamn steal at 400 MS points (Like, 4-5 USD). My only gripe is that it is a bit short.
I'm replaying the first Dead Rising. I tried the demo for Case Zero and for some reason I didn't really like Chuck. Frank West for the win :D

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/Reaper/FrankWest.jpg

ohitspatty
10th Sep 2010, 06:10
More on Dead Space...

Hmmm...I really don't like how the diffiulty escalated in Chapter five. First four chapters are walk in the park while holding blind lady by the hand but Chapter five is something different.

Challenges are welcome but I don't like when games just escalate in difficulty. The Thing was exact ******* thing. Shame.

Bevacur
10th Sep 2010, 14:35
There should be a multiplayer show today, not too sure about a multiplayer in a survival horror...

But jeez louis! I want that suit!

I loved Dead Space! Completed it on nightmare about 5 times, after that it got too easy, and the so called 'scares' were very obvious.

I always hated that lift in chapter 4 when your gotta turn on some computer for the cannon...

JackGordon
10th Sep 2010, 14:42
I loved Dead Space! Completed it on nightmare
Dead Space's hardest difficulty is called Impossible. ;)

I'm playing Alan Wake, Dead Men, Gears 1 MP and Bioshock 2 MP with my brand new Astro A40 Headset. I'm really happy with my new toy but I'm experiencing some buzzing only when using the mic for a live chat. However, when I power my mixamp with 4 disposable AA batteries or through one of my PC's USB slots, there's no buzzing whatsoever. I've contacted the support about this and I'm waiting for a response. And I also keep hearing myself talk. Anybody else experiencing this?

Bevacur
10th Sep 2010, 14:56
I also keep hearing myself talk. Anybody else experiencing this?

You have been hanging around with Grievous too much.

Lol ok impossible then. I got most of the achievements apart from the one gun only, drop kick babies and one or two others.

I should get my dead cheap turtlebeach headset, gonna go through all my games just to see if it sounds any better.

And i might buy Earth Defence force 2017, i love games like that, especially the Serious Sam series...

I'm waiting for Dead Rising 2, Fable 3 and Halo Reach.

GrievousOdyssey
10th Sep 2010, 18:19
But jeez louis! I want that suit!

Make one yourself , then we'll give you the rank of master in this forum ...

Which is much better than your current rank , "the kid that made the Devil wept" ...

Then again maybe not ...

I always hated that lift in chapter 4 when your gotta turn on some computer for the cannon...

That space cannon fight was marvelous ! ...
The achievement associated with that fight (keeping the ship's stability high at a certain percentage) however was a real pain ... and all that work for a Bronze Trophy ! **** ! ...

(making out for it however , i earn it when the clock hits 47 , marvelous) ...

You have been hanging around with Grievous too much.

What makes you think I'm Not that voice in his head ? ...

Think about it ...

Lol ok impossible then. I got most of the achievements apart from the one gun only, drop kick babies and one or two others.

You gotta be kidding me , after playing this game so many times you never even played once Just with the plasma cutter ? ...

Nah , of course not , you just grab the flamethrower and burn the bastards ...

Whoa i just made an entire post dedicated to reply Bevacur's silly comments ...

ohitspatty
10th Sep 2010, 18:35
You got it all wrong, I'm not complaing about the difficulty itself. I was actually hoping it would get harder but I don't like how it jumped from being walk in the park to the point that I'm using some of those Med Packs I found around. It's all good, I just got the Deja Vu because The Thing was just like that...easy, easy...and then boom you're gotta take care of three Walkers back to back and I'm running short on something.

Anyways, I will complete one more run after this before I tackle the Impossible. It tells me that it won't **** around.

MxOAgentJohnson
10th Sep 2010, 18:41

Cant be any shorter than dog days.

GrievousOdyssey
10th Sep 2010, 18:46
Oh no you didn't ! ...

GrievousOdyssey
10th Sep 2010, 21:20
Awe **** , that Isaac suit was apparently paid for by EA ...

Oh well , at least we still got these ...

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/screenshots/741/med_080910%20431.JPG
As you all know Jamie Foxx is testing to play a white guy , make up artist couldn't find a Lynch mask , so this will do ...

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/screenshots/741/med_080910%20416.JPG
And this gives gamers the first insight ever to the PS3 exclusive "Agent" from Rockstar games ...

SlashPrower
10th Sep 2010, 21:24
http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/screenshots/741/med_080910%20426.JPG

I'm going to get that suit. I don't care who I have to kill to get it.

MxOAgentJohnson
10th Sep 2010, 21:26
I'm going to get that suit. I don't care who I have to kill to get it.

You have to defeat that guys 7 evil ex's

GrievousOdyssey
10th Sep 2010, 21:28
Sounds awfully familiar ...

But hey , as long as we get a female lead , everything changes ...

BeardedHoplite
10th Sep 2010, 22:12
Cant be any shorter than dog days.

Actually it is, me and my brother beat it each in like an hour and a half. Real easy achievements too.
IO, just make sure K&L 3 isn't that short

GrievousOdyssey
10th Sep 2010, 22:17
You seem to be pretty sure that a Kane & Lynch III is in the making ...

*goes into interrogation mode* ...

YOU KNOW SOMETHING WE DON'T KNOW ! *slamdown* TELL US !!! ...

Bevacur
10th Sep 2010, 22:22
You seem to be pretty sure that a Kane & Lynch III is in the making ...

*goes into interrogation mode* ...

YOU KNOW SOMETHING WE DON'T KNOW ! *slamdown* TELL US !!! ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIj2uL2f1rE

SlashPrower
10th Sep 2010, 22:24
Back on topic:

Right now I'm playing DDR Extreme. >.>

GrievousOdyssey
10th Sep 2010, 22:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIj2uL2f1rE

I was thinking moar of this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEQc8n-844k

Bevacur
10th Sep 2010, 22:36
I would not mind doing that on the Kinect.

GrievousOdyssey
10th Sep 2010, 22:45
PS: Not available on Kinect , blame Microsoft for spending more money on marketing games rather than making them ...

Bevacur
10th Sep 2010, 22:52
I can see the Chinese buying Kinectimals.