PDA

View Full Version : Will the PC Version have dedicated servers?

biggest_loser
20th May 2010, 00:06
Will the PC Version have dedicated servers for the multiplayer? :cool: :thumb:

:wave:

nishanth12
27th May 2010, 17:28
Dude i was wondering abt the same thing. I saw ur post in gamespot. Maybe the poor response is because there aint no official announcement abt. But i wish they do it soon.

Kent-45
31st May 2010, 16:04
If what I understand is right, the multiplayer will be through Steam's service. I don't know if there will be dedicated server support, but I definitely think it would be doable. Many other Steam games have dedicated server support. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Nick@IO
31st May 2010, 19:23
Steam is the deal. I don't think we have dedicated servers, to be honest.

Lyncher
7th Jun 2010, 16:09
This is a horror news for me/us. We only have trouble with steam-games. Connection lost, server not reachable and so on. And don't forget the Account-Hackers that reduce your onlinetime too. 3 days waiting for freinds to join the game in fact of hacked account. And if that works - no connection or something else, nothing to do with the game itself.

If you really need steam for the best game of the year - you can keep it.

Here a short list of money i saved by leaving the games in the store:

Left 4 Dead
Warhammer
Half Life 2
Team Fortress
Battlefield Bad Company 2 - but played without steam - nice!

Played with steam:
Aliens vs. Predator - steam horror pure! Never again not for money!

And we have top PC-hardware and internet-serviceprovider synchronuos sDSL Business Connection. What ever you want, this is not the problem of dramaticaly reduced gaming experiences.

We by each game twice for playing together.

I hope i miss understood something.

With best regards
Sven Bubach

Zyrxil
28th Jul 2010, 13:41
Played with steam:
Aliens vs. Predator - steam horror pure! Never again not for money!

You didn't understand why AvP multiplayer was bad, which is that it's the only one of the games you listed that doesn't have dedicated servers. The disconnections, etc., are all the result of matchmaking style multiplayer, which is inferior in every way. Steam can do both types, but it's up to Eidos to provide the dedicated server software.

I really hope Eidos creates dedicated servers. It's not a huge cost, since even small indie multiplayer PC games have them, and all the actual servers are paid for by players, with Eidos only supplying the Master Server. Without dedicated servers, the multiplayer, no matter how interesting it is, will die out in a couple of months, and it might as well be a single player only game.

cma1978
2nd Aug 2010, 07:47
Steam is the deal. I don't think we have dedicated servers, to be honest.

no **** sherlock all you have is a poorly made console port.