PDA

View Full Version : New LCatGoL Interview

lilhanhan
19th May 2010, 20:20
I was just over on GamesRadar and I noticed a 8 minute audio interview with Crystal Dynamics, so I thought I share it here. They've also included classic TR themes in the background which is pretty awesome (gotta love TR1's soundtrack!). Anyway here's a link-

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - Interview (http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/lara-croft-and-the-guardian-of-light/preview/lara-croft-and-the-guardian-of-light-interview-and-new-screens/a-20100519112732299044/g-20100304121715943093)

Keir
19th May 2010, 22:42
Nice postin' :thumbsup:

Ants_27_
20th May 2010, 07:01
Nice one!:D

Danielsun_
20th May 2010, 07:34
good win :)

_Love2Raid_
21st May 2010, 16:39
Thanks Lilhanhan! :friends:

Max 28
23rd May 2010, 01:32
Oh, I get it now! ;) Hehe thanks. :)

lilhanhan
23rd May 2010, 09:09
Oh, I get it now! ;) Hehe thanks. :)

I'm glad you finally found it. I was going to reply to your other post at Lara's Tomb to give you instructions, so I guess it's a good job I also looked on here and saw this post. It saved me time hehe! :p

Max 28
24th May 2010, 04:11
Haha, glad you didn't lose time. Sorry to hear about your losing you achievements. :(

Anyone else cringe everytime he said Laura? ^.^

LARALOVERnr1
24th May 2010, 09:37
Sorry for your achievements, lilhanhan! how did you lose them?

I also have a problem with achievements. all my achievements are spread out over two accounts, so when i play online with my xbox-LIVE account, it says i have 0 achievements for TR:Legend, while i actually have all of them. Damn you, microsoft!

_Love2Raid_
24th May 2010, 16:02
Sorry for the off-topic, but why is that Microsoft's fault (in Laralover's case)? You made the two accounts yourself, silly! :p

Sorry to hear about it as well, Lilhanhan. That must suck. :(

lilhanhan
24th May 2010, 22:21
Haha, glad you didn't lose time. Sorry to hear about your losing you achievements. :(

Anyone else cringe everytime he said Laura? ^.^

Which one said "Laura"? I didn't really notice. Well then again I kinda pronounce Lara and Laura the same, but that's probably due to my accent (that and apparently both can be pronounced as "LAR-uh" according to several websites). Hehe, I'm so going to get attacked by a few members for saying something as trivial as that about her name, aren't I? :p

Sorry to hear about your losing you achievements. :(

Sorry for your achievements, lilhanhan! how did you lose them?

I also have a problem with achievements. all my achievements are spread out over two accounts, so when i play online with my xbox-LIVE account, it says i have 0 achievements for TR:Legend, while i actually have all of them. Damn you, microsoft!

Sorry for the off-topic, but why is that Microsoft's fault (in Laralover's case)? You made the two accounts yourself, silly! :p

Sorry to hear about it as well, Lilhanhan. That must suck. :(

Thanks for the kinds about my achievement lost as it's a quite embarrassing story about how I lost them, actually.

Long story short, I finally created a Xbox Live account which decided to encounter an error (I have no idea why) just as it was about to complete the process. I then attempted to create it again after it told me the details I just filled in were recovered so I could retry. As soon as a message popped-up saying I already had account with the same name which would be overwritten, I just assumed it was the one which encountered the error... sadly it actually meant it was the one with all my achievements and save files so they all got deleted!

In hindsight I should have thought about the warning message more carefully instead of just assuming what it meant straight away; but live and learn! :o

TF.Denis
25th May 2010, 07:53
hmmm..you already knew that xbox sucks guys..

RoombelinaUK
25th May 2010, 17:21

lol PSN forever!! Yes, Xbox fails because it tries to become the ps3. eg Microsoft's use of littlebigplanet's (PS3 exclusive) main theme in their advertisement. :D

lilhanhan
25th May 2010, 18:14
Since we've gone off-topic I might as well reply...

I would love to say why the PS3 sucks but since I'm one of those gamers who likes all the platforms/consoles (especially when they become retro!) and due to the fact my first console was in fact a Playstation, it's quite hard to say anything negative.

And besides I don't want to fall into any fanboy/girl traps. I've never really cared for people hating certain consoles because it's never spoiled my enjoyment with them. ^.~

lol PSN forever!! Yes, Xbox fails because it tries to become the ps3. eg Microsoft's use of littlebigplanet's (PS3 exclusive) main theme in their advertisement. :D

Also LittleBigPlanet's theme is in fact a licensed song called "Get It Together" by "The Go Team!" (the song was released in 2005 while the game came out in 2008) it's not in fact a original score made especially for the game. Also I've never actually seen the advert you're on about so I don't even know if it exists, can you supply a link please?

Danielsun_
25th May 2010, 18:15
lets not have console wars here, lets just agree that they both have their advantages and disadvantages

lilhanhan
25th May 2010, 18:27
lets not have console wars here, lets just agree that they both have their advantages and disadvantages

*Goes on a console war rampage*

Dreamcast FTW!

Hehe couldn't resist... :o

So TF.Denis and RoombelinaUK, may I ask what you thought of the interview? ^.^;

LARALOVERnr1
25th May 2010, 19:25

might be, but let me explain:

when i play Legend, for example, and i find a golden relic while playing on account 'A', account 'A' gets the achievement 'found one golden relic'. Now here's the strange thing: you can transfer a savegame from one account to another, but when you do that, the achievements you already earned in that savegame-file dont come with it to the other account. So when i transferred my Legend-savefile to account 'B' and when i play with account 'B' and i find a silver relic, account 'B' get's the achievement 'found silver relic'. now both accounts have an achievement on the same savegame-file, and they cant get each other's achievement cause both relics are gone. when i asked Microsoft if its possible to transfer achievements to another account they just said '***** you, dont cry' (OK, they didnt, but you get my point...). and when i get an update next day for wich i have to wait like an hour or so, but the update only fixed the sound of the headsets and not my achievement problem, yes, thats enough to make me pretty pissed.(i know its not really they're fault, in fact, i dont even know how the savegames got mixed up :confused:, im still pretty angry.)

(Yay, longest message i've ever typed!

Max 28
28th May 2010, 03:53
Which one said "Laura"? I didn't really notice. Well then again I kinda pronounce Lara and Laura the same, but that's probably due to my accent (that and apparently both can be pronounced as "LAR-uh" according to several websites). Hehe, I'm so going to get attacked by a few members for saying something as trivial as that about her name, aren't I? :p

Thanks for the kinds about my achievement lost as it's a quite embarrassing story about how I lost them, actually.

Long story short, I finally created a Xbox Live account which decided to encounter an error (I have no idea why) just as it was about to complete the process. I then attempted to create it again after it told me the details I just filled in were recovered so I could retry. As soon as a message popped-up saying I already had account with the same name which would be overwritten, I just assumed it was the one which encountered the error... sadly it actually meant it was the one with all my achievements and save files so they all got deleted!

In hindsight I should have thought about the warning message more carefully instead of just assuming what it meant straight away; but live and learn! :o

Oh, it was the interviewer saying 'Laura'. Interesting that Laura can sound the same. I guess that's what different accents do. But surely even the British accent doesn't mangle her name as much as that? :p

And I wish you luck on re-achieving all of your achievements. :D

Oh and LARALOVERnr1, I don't really understand how all that account stuff works but it sounds like having to get the achievements on a separate save game makes sense...

Rachie
28th May 2010, 06:25
Hehe, I'm so going to get attacked by a few members for saying something as trivial as that about her name, aren't I? :p

ARGHHH*#D&!*B#%&!!! - nah, I'm just kidding. :D

It didn't bother me so much, the only time it annoys me is if they SPELL her name Laura rather than Lara. Then it's bothersome. Still, at least CD know TR enough to pronounce her name right. ;)

Thanks so much for this post! It's really nice to hear how excited CD is about GOL and their inspiration for the new aspects of the game like the camera view, and also to hear the interviewer saying things he liked about it and how fun he found it.

Despite myself, I'm becoming more and more optimistic about this game. Dammit Keir, you're enthusiasm is contagious! :rasp: