PDA

View Full Version : Deadly Premonition, so good it's bad?!

joe the janitor
17th May 2010, 05:03
So I rented this game yesterday, and... well it's awesome :thumb: The gameplay is copied from re4, the graphics are terrible, but it just has such a campy, fun feeling. For instance, when driver your character talks to himself (some sort of 2nd personality) about movies from the 70's, and 80's. Also he somehow reads the milk in his coffee as signs! I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't judge a game by the first level (I admit it's not very good and might turn some people off). What are your thoughts on the game?
Amazing scene from Deadly Premonition (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp5krDoflLI)

Brackstone17
17th May 2010, 22:27
In case you hadn't noticed my avatar, I LOVE THIS GAME. Seriously, game of the year for me so far.

TheMoD
18th May 2010, 17:27
Yeah its hilarious, I'm watching the giantbomb vj endurance run of it and I'd probably buy it myself but it isnt available on the european playstation store :/

Brackstone17
18th May 2010, 19:53
I'm pretty sure it's only available on PS3 in Japan, and it's available on 360 in Canada, the US and Japan. I actually wouldn't be surprised if it saw a wider release though, it was somehow the highest selling game in North America for a week or two.

ohitspatty
19th May 2010, 18:32
If it was only out on PS3, I'd get it. My 360 won't live for long, so i don't want to get disappointed when half-way through the game it dies on me.

SlashPrower
29th May 2010, 15:24
In case you hadn't noticed my avatar, I LOVE THIS GAME. Seriously, game of the year for me so far.

HOLY CRAP I just noticed that your avatar is York. Awesome.

I heard about this game thanks to the first part of a Let's Play that one of my favorite internet reviewers just started: http://spoonyexperiment.com/2010/05/26/lets-play-deadly-premonition-episode-1/

This guy's mostly known for his hilarious Let's Play of Phantasmagoria 2 and his (very negative, still hilarious) Final Fantasy VIII review.

Brackstone17
29th May 2010, 15:37
HOLY CRAP I just noticed that your avatar is York. Awesome.

I heard about this game thanks to the first part of a Let's Play that one of my favorite internet reviewers just started: http://spoonyexperiment.com/2010/05/26/lets-play-deadly-premonition-episode-1/

This guy's mostly known for his hilarious Let's Play of Phantasmagoria 2 and his (very negative, still hilarious) Final Fantasy VIII review.
Spoony is the best. I've been watching his videos since his LP of The Thing. I was incredibly happy when I saw he was playing this.

Also, nothing beats his Swat 4 videos, nothing.

SlashPrower
29th May 2010, 16:13
Lol, I've been watching since The Thing too. We watched him before it was cool. I can't wait for him to get further in the game, when things start getting really good and York shows just how much of a badass he really is.

Pfft, SWAT 4 was good but not as good as Phantasmagoria 2.

Brackstone17
29th May 2010, 16:40
His videos always seem to be the best when he's dealing with bad horror games, so I guess it was inevitable that he'd do Deadly Premonition. I'm still kind of hoping he'll do Phantasmagoria 1 though.

JackGordon
29th May 2010, 16:59
Funny guy, that spoony lad. Too bad his forum sucks. Besides, I prefer watching the Giant Bomb endurance run.

BeardedHoplite
30th May 2010, 15:41
Doesn't it have real-time beard growing?

Brackstone17
30th May 2010, 16:22
Doesn't it have real-time beard growing?
Yes, yes it does.

BeardedHoplite
30th May 2010, 18:33
Yes, yes it does.

*Drools vigoriously*

joe the janitor
28th Jun 2010, 01:28
I just beet it and... It was an amazing experience. It was so sad :( but so satisfying. Now I'm bored... :hmm:

Bevacur
28th Jun 2010, 14:59
What the hell have i watched. I thought this was a horror game?! Not some rhyming cooking show.

joe the janitor
28th Jun 2010, 21:00
What the hell have i watched. I thought this was a horror game?! Not some rhyming cooking show.
It's all of the above! :D