PDA

View Full Version : graphics problem - PS3

Bheliom
15th May 2010, 19:11
Hey,
I'm having a problem with the visuals when playing JC2 - big lines of "texture" are always apearing on the screen. For example there will be a big pillar of mountain or desert looking material streaking through the sky. The problem is definately at its worst when firing a minigun from a helicopter, which fills the screen with bright red lines for a few seconds. My tv isn't the greatest- its "Insignia" brand (futureshop) and its refresh rate kinda sucks. I've tried switching to 720p but this didnt help. Any sugestions?

Dealman
15th May 2010, 22:41
Have you tried it on another TV? A bit newer/better quality one? Does it react the same?

Bheliom
16th May 2010, 01:56
No I haven't had a chance to try it on a different tv yet. I will bring my PS3 to my parents place next weekend and try it on their tv, which is alot better quality. Even if that works, though, I hope that a $5000 TV is not the only solution.

Dealman
16th May 2010, 09:48
No I haven't had a chance to try it on a different tv yet. I will bring my PS3 to my parents place next weekend and try it on their tv, which is alot better quality. Even if that works, though, I hope that a $5000 TV is not the only solution.

Sounds odd if it would.

If it doesn't my guess would be that you've got some Hardware problem with your PS3.