PDA

View Full Version : Was Kane&Lynch a succes on pc?

STOCKMAN
13th May 2010, 14:43
How many copies the pc version of Kane and Lynch sold?? Did it sold well??

Bevacur
13th May 2010, 14:55
It did, but it was the reviews that sucked eggs. Well they get mediocre scores.

Vulture
13th May 2010, 15:45
dont know about the pc version but K&L 1 has sold 1.7 million on all system but my guess would be
xbox sold more than pc and pc sold more than ps3

Falkenwut
13th May 2010, 19:34
I'm guessing financially yes because the tagline "from the creators of hitman" got the ball rolling

As for cross-platform...I dunno but personally K&L was more fun to play on keyboard & mouse then on xbox controller (easier maneuverability, sensitivity and control)

The only thing which fell for K&L pc was the problems regarding video cards. The specific problem was video cards which I could point out IF i understood the details.

My personal problem was in drivers.. for some reason the game worked better using older drivers... which doesn't make sense.. UNLESS there's a feature on newer drivers making a mess of it all.

I would appreciate it if the developers would see what I just wrote... MAYBE they would change their mind regarding releasing a patch for K&L1 (highly unlikely but we can always hope)

STOCKMAN
16th May 2010, 14:20
I think it will be better if we get an official answer from IO about the pc version sales. Can they give ust pc version sales numbers or at least tells us if they were happy with the pc sales. Also evryone knows that most people buy pc games digitaly (STEAM) but NPD tracks only retails sales that are ony 20% of pc games sales and also STEAM dont give sales numbers . So how IO will know EXACTLY how many copies pc versions sells (STEAM+ retail). I dont want another developer to drop pc support and then say that "PC GAMING DEAD" like those morons at Epic said today!!

sublime90
16th May 2010, 17:22
im still mad the PC version never got "dope bag" and its probably why i'll be getting K&L2 on the xbox. they'll leave the PC version dead in the water.

Falkenwut
17th May 2010, 16:01
im still mad the PC version never got "dope bag" and its probably why i'll be getting K&L2 on the xbox. they'll leave the PC version dead in the water.

Let's hope not :(