PDA

View Full Version : Kane & Lynch goes to the comics!

Nick@IO
13th May 2010, 11:11
Dudes! We're getting a Kane & Lynch comic book from DC! It's so awesome, I feel like wetting myself. PR and a few concepts below!

-----------

COPENHAGEN (May 13, 2010) — IO Interactive, part of Square Enix Europe, is pleased to confirm a partnership with DC Comics to produce a comic book series based on Kane & Lynch™. Not for the fainthearted, the brutal storyline explores some of Kane & Lynch’s criminal past. The comic will be produced by DC’s WildStorm imprint with the first issue launching this August.

“We could not be happier about this partnership and expansion into comics. Who better to work with than DC Comics?” said Niels Jørgensen, general manager of IO Interactive. “We hope the comic book world is ready for the violent mayhem of Kane & Lynch.”

“Kane & Lynch are two of the most interesting videogame characters I have ever seen,” said Hank Kanalz of DC Comics. “I think this new series will show the diversity of our line of books, as our creators capture the essence of these two criminals.”

The Kane & Lynch comic book series is penned by Ian Edginton. Edginton has been in the comic scene for over two decades and worked with DC, Marvel, Dark Horse, Heavy Metal, Top Cow and others. He’s best known for his work on properties such as Aliens, Predator and Terminator through to Planet of the Apes, Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who and Torchwood. Chris Mitten, who also works on the series WASTELAND, is the artist for Kane & Lynch and New York Times best selling artist Ben Templesmith, whose notable works include 30 Days of Night and Fell, is the cover artist. Both artists are known for their raw, sinister illustration style that fully embodies the Kane & Lynch feel.

Kane & Lynch began as a videogame, Kane & Lynch: Dead Men, following two hardened criminals in a dark and gritty tale of killing and revenge. It became one of the most successful original IP’s launched in 2007 and has gone on to sell well over a million units across the globe. The story continues this summer with Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days available for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC, the game will be released on the Eidos games label and will be published by Square Enix Ltd.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1263/4603771128_8d4b640a11_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3398/4603770918_82f58043a5_o.jpg

MxOAgentJohnson
13th May 2010, 11:15
Jizz on my keyboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zidrien
13th May 2010, 11:37
No way!

Nick@IO
13th May 2010, 11:38
No way!

Way.

Bevacur
13th May 2010, 12:38
Sweet. Very very sweet. As sweet as a hot chocolate with a pound of sugar, 4 sticks of cinnamon with marshmellows sprinkled with chocolate dust coated with toffee sauce mixed in with caramel.

Kane looks abit..strange...my opinion of course though.

Since Kane has a plaster on his nose it seems the comic may take place during the first game as it was broken because of a member from The7 and in Dog Days, Kane has no plaster on his nose but then again Kane is wearing the same suit as in Dog Days and same for Lynch. Lynch is also wearing shaded glasses or are they the mint tinited sunglasses he has in Dog Days? So it could take place a week or days after the first games events...

Am i talking to myself again and thinking too much? Someone slap me.

Acid_Burn
13th May 2010, 12:50
*Slaps Bevacur* ;D

I like such raw style of these arts.

Bevacur
13th May 2010, 12:53
Thank you Acid, i was in need of a good ol' slap too the face. The excitement was too much...could not handle it...go on without me!

But yeah comic looks awesome, despite i am not a comic book reader this could be my first comic in my life so far.

Garrett Vega
13th May 2010, 12:54
Ain't this a surprise. You guys sure know how to create franchises.

sublime90
13th May 2010, 13:41
pretty damn sweet! i havent purchased a comic book in years (the punisher, max series) will be sure to pick this up.

One of Seven
13th May 2010, 14:52
Pffff, whatever Stockman, it just shows we don't need as much help understanding people.

Oh and it finally seems like I have a new comic book series to check out. I love, love Conan and The Punisher, and I really like Hellboy. I think Kane and Lynch will be a nice addition to my kickass comic collection.

Vulture
13th May 2010, 15:29
im so happy that the kane&lynch universe is getting bigger and bigger every day :)

chaoticd
13th May 2010, 17:32
AWSOME! you should make a collectors edition packaged with behind the sceens and a K&L COMIC BOOK! i would so buy it! why is kane's nose broken? it broke during the first game, not before.

Nick@IO
13th May 2010, 17:45
Regarding the nose - all will be revealed, I'm sure. I've read the script to the first issue and it's sweet so this could very well turn out extremely cool. I'm sure the brand guys are looking into bundling stuff or whatever but I don't know of those plans yet.

Nick@IO
13th May 2010, 18:25
Guys, please give this Greece/Non-Greece bashing a break. I'm cleaning up this mess now.

Falkenwut
13th May 2010, 19:28
Would love to get my eyes on this comic!
Although kane looks much like his older brother from Dead men...

Arsh
13th May 2010, 19:45
This is pretty f'ing awesome.

Definitely picking this up.

Brackstone17
13th May 2010, 19:58
Is there a chance of them being released in a compilation at some point? I'll definitely be picking them up, but I might have to do a bit of traveling just to get the individual issues.

BeardedHoplite
13th May 2010, 21:33
When is this coming out. Also would anybody have any idea on the price. I'm not too big on comics.

chaoticd
14th May 2010, 10:13
i just realized something! i looked it up and DC said there going to make 5 or 6 of those moving comics you can download (cant think of the name). will they be availible for the psp comic store?

jam13
14th May 2010, 13:35
Cool !!
Maybe comic will explain why Kane's push dagger and tatto remove after KL1 events .

Acid_Burn
15th May 2010, 01:01
The first issue is called "Kane & Lynch: Dead Men Walking".

Dr Klowneus
17th May 2010, 06:50
Thats Freakin' awesome:D

Falkenwut
17th May 2010, 15:51
The last time I tried doing a comics; this was the result:

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t197/Falkenwut/Kane%20and%20Lynch%20Dead%20Men%20Fan%20comic/

They're not very clear and my patients run very thin >.> a shame...

Otherwise here is a pic of lynch i simply sketched:
http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t197/Falkenwut/My%20drawings/?action=view&current=lynchie.jpg&newest=1

chaoticd
18th May 2010, 10:22
The last time I tried doing a comics; this was the result:

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t197/Falkenwut/Kane%20and%20Lynch%20Dead%20Men%20Fan%20comic/

They're not very clear and my patients run very thin >.> a shame...

Otherwise here is a pic of lynch i simply sketched:
http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t197/Falkenwut/My%20drawings/?action=view&current=lynchie.jpg&newest=1

i love it. :D great stuff, love the art.

derFeef
27th May 2010, 11:17
Awesome! But why is Lynch white? Shouldn´t he look like Jamie Foxx? I mean IO is happy to sell propertys and let them **** up, right? :(

Sorry for the rant.

DaSilva_Peru
27th May 2010, 11:52
I believe Lynch will be pictured as a small chinese guy this time around, or maybe an Indian!! Afterall he has to be different skin color from platform to platform, white ingame black on movie so the logic next move would be to make him chinese in the comic book, or maybe Latino :lol:

sigrun
30th May 2010, 16:29
This is great! Though I can't say I am really excited by the art work.

SlashPrower
30th May 2010, 19:31
Another piece of art, courtesy of IGN: http://comics.ign.com/dor/objects/73995/kane-lynch/images/kane-lynch-20100512001852781.html

They also had a bit of the plot.

Plot Synopsis: Following the bullet-ridden finale to the best-selling video game, Kane and Lynch decide what's best for everyone concerned is that they go their separate ways. That is, until a contract is put out on their collective lives for a huge bounty - and every assassin and two-bit goon around the world is gunning for the volatile pair. Can the unrepentant traitor and medicated psychopath work together once more to save their lives and get to the bottom of this blood-drenched conspiracy?

Oh f*** yes. :) That sounds super awesome.

Acid_Burn
30th May 2010, 20:17
I'm afraid that is not from the comic books. This art was made for game.

SlashPrower
30th May 2010, 20:25
;-;

Lol, at least we still got a plot synopsis...

Brackstone17
30th May 2010, 21:06
So every assassin will be hunting them down then? Might a certain bald fellow show up?

SlashPrower
30th May 2010, 21:25
Lol, only if Edginton wants Kane and Lynch to die.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jun 2010, 12:30
Am i talking to myself again and thinking too much? Someone slap me.

*throws Bevacur off a cliff* ...

Morphilms
15th Jun 2010, 21:32
Lets see, the last post about this was 06-05, does that mean the 6th of May or the 5th of June? Nevermind, anyway, so DC comics/Wildstorm, the guys publishing the comic have just released their Sep solicits with plot previews of the comics, including Kane and Lynch #2

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dc-september-2010-solicitations-100614.html

Scroll down a bit... a bit more... keep going... an you'll see the comic cover image and a quite demon like Lynch.

GrievousOdyssey
15th Jun 2010, 21:50
The post above the 06-05 is 05-30 , so take a wild guess ...

Anywya , for those who are lazy to search for themselves ...

KANE & LYNCH #2
Written by IAN EDGINTON
Art by CHRISTOPHER MITTEN
Cover by BEN TEMPLESMITH
Kane and Lynch have their backs against the wall as the remnants of The7 have put a contract out on the duo, and it’s a contract open to anyone who can bring the pair down! Following the money trail leads the unlikely pair halfway around the world and into their deadliest encounter to date!
On sale SEPTEMBER 1 • 2 of 6 • 32 pg, FC
$3.99 US • MATURE READERS

http://i.newsarama.com/images/k_lynch_2_02.jpg

Morphilms
15th Jun 2010, 22:06
The post above the 06-05 is 05-30 , so take a wild guess ...

Yeah I know but I thought it'd be funny, ah well, thanks Grievous for getting the image, I coudn't work out how to do it :thumb:

GrievousOdyssey
15th Jun 2010, 22:20
Have to agree on that , it's sometimes quite confusing ...

Anywya , there's something wrong about the plot don't you think ? ...
So The7 put a hit on Lynch and Kane , i'm suppose it means it takes place before the end of Dead Men / before The7 got massacred by Kane ...

And yet ... Lynch's glasses are different , so it must have taken place After Dead Men ...

Oh wait , it's the 'remnants' of The7 ... so ...

Wait ...
Oh My God ...
Second Plot Twist of the century ! ...

The main antagonnist of Dog Days is actually one of the remnants from The7 , he wanted Kane's head on a platter so he orchestrated this whole arms deal , hopping Lynch will be dumb enough to lure Kane out of the darkness , and indeed , Kane arrived , but he survived the ambush so they decide to kidnap Xiu , one of them will then make a deal with Lynch asking him to kill Kane if he ever wants to see Xiu again , Lynch try his best to work a strategy to save Xiu without killing Kane , but he fails , Xiu dies , and Lynch will get so angry he'll kill everyone , especially Kane , because Kane is the source of all ****ups this time around ! ...

Morphilms
15th Jun 2010, 22:53
...:scratch:

Well that would work except

1. This is a comic from game story (I read the modern warfare: ghost comic, it wer ****e!

And B) gnr, what you have just come up with sounds plausible but you may have just spoiled your own enjoyment of the game if said "Second Plot Twist of the century !" is true. Bit of a catch 22.:hmm:

GrievousOdyssey
15th Jun 2010, 23:13
*wtf nuclear explosion in my mind* ...

*the death of Grievous also triggers the end of the world* ...

ohitspatty
15th Jun 2010, 23:44
...it's still better then Kyle Ward's turd.

sigrun
17th Jun 2010, 02:47
yea i really dislike that cover. The art style is just uninspiring.

GrievousOdyssey
17th Jun 2010, 15:28
People are having a hard time capturing the 'Kane & Lynch' style , i suppose ...

Maybe IO too ...

Acid_Burn
19th Jun 2010, 20:20
Here's new alternative cover from Ben Templesmith.
http://deadmen.ru/images/comics/01/cover_02.jpg

GrievousOdyssey
19th Jun 2010, 20:24
*imagine here a smilie with huge eyes , mouth not open , just huge eyes* ...

JackGordon
19th Jun 2010, 21:02
This is rather poorly drawn, wouldn't you say? Especially Lynch's mouth placement... And Kane looks like a monkey.

GrievousOdyssey
19th Jun 2010, 21:07
It's not that it's poorly drawn ... it's just that ...

It's not exactly Kane & Lynch now , is it ? ...

I mean Kane & Lynch is something more like this ...

http://www.wallpaperpimper.com/wallpaper/Games/Kane_and_Lynch_Dead_Men/Kane-and-Lynch-Dead-Men-3-1280x960.jpg

And while it's true that people do look different over time ...
They just don't ... change that much , do they ? ...

Of course it all depends on the story they're aiming for ...

JackGordon
19th Jun 2010, 21:14
^ I love that artwork so freakin' much...

GrievousOdyssey
19th Jun 2010, 21:16
You and me both ...

*tries very hard not to think of Dog Days' box art* ...

JackGordon
19th Jun 2010, 21:18
I still hope there will be different box art for Europe... Alas, Nick said all regions will have the same box art.

GrievousOdyssey
19th Jun 2010, 21:26
Damn it , i can't find the Original artwork for Dead Men's box art ! (there's actually a complete version of that artwork , with a lot more detail than the one resized for the box art , but i can't seem to find it) ...

Anywya i updated that artwork to a higher quality standard , much better ...

SlashPrower
19th Jun 2010, 21:40
Ben Templesmith is at his best when he's drawing surreal scenes with people sort of standing around, not OMG ACTION.

http://www.thecomicfanatic.com/new%20images/btcriminalmacabremed.jpg

Like this. This is a good one.

http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/300/12/12996.jpg

Also good.

UhUh
20th Jun 2010, 09:19

Love this, nice style, colors and action.
I'm not really a fan of photos as background, I think that flat color would work better, beside that everything is awesome.

ps: never liked dead men cover, Kane doesn't even look like himself, and the composition is too much a colllage of differente scenes; too many things going on, need more semplicity.

GrievousOdyssey
20th Jun 2010, 10:53
I'm all for simplicity as long as it can convey strong emotion / significance in one simple image , like the frame where Lynch holds his pill bottles ...

But as you said for Dead Men's cover , there are too many things that goes on at the same time , all mashed up together ... And yet isn't that exactly what Kane & Lynch is suppose to be ? ...

I don't hate this cover by Templesmith , i'll need to know first which aspect of the story they're actually telling , but for the moment , looking at that artwork and reading the plot they've given , it ... it doesn't quite look like Lynch and Kane have been put a hit on by the7 , nor does it look like they're actually facing "their deadliest encounter to date!" , it looks more like they both went to a funfair and Lynch picked up a toy gun and imagined himself to be the great shootist that he is , with Kane as sidekick ...

Yeah , for all we know , the madness could all be in Lynch's head ...

Bevacur
21st Jun 2010, 18:19

Lynch looks hungry and Kane looks like someone slapped him in the face with a wet fish.

Lynch - *Where is ma foood!!!*

GrievousOdyssey
21st Jun 2010, 18:33
Next thing you'll see is lazer coming straight out of his mouth ...

No , better yet , a Shotgun Pops Out Of His Mouth ! ...

Bevacur
21st Jun 2010, 18:40
Psst! Lynch has a secret shotgun under his beard....

You did not meet me *runs away*

Arsh
23rd Jun 2010, 18:54
I love those covers, but then again, I'm a Templesmith fan... his art work's pretty unique.

SlashPrower
23rd Jun 2010, 18:56
I like Templesmith too, but neither of those covers clicks with me.

BeardedHoplite
23rd Jun 2010, 19:18
Kane kinda looks like a crackhead in this.

sigrun
24th Jun 2010, 15:17
The alternative cover is better, though I am still not feeling the style, the characters just look over blown. And I defiantly feel the photo as a back ground doesn't work.

Bevacur
24th Jun 2010, 16:38
I think i can make a pretty decent comic in paint, might have a little try.

Nick@IO
24th Jun 2010, 16:39
I think i can make a pretty decent comic in paint, might have a little try.

Go for it!

Bevacur
24th Jun 2010, 16:50
Go for it!

Prepare to see the most horiffic comic ever...

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/175/lynchcrazy.png

Bevacur
24th Jun 2010, 17:08
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/3917/lynchshootout.png

And this is the final and the masterpiece.

UhUh
24th Jun 2010, 17:11
This man deserves a medal.

GrievousOdyssey
24th Jun 2010, 17:26
My Dream Came True ! I'm a character in the Kane & Lynch universe !!! ...

JackGordon
24th Jun 2010, 17:27
Lookin' good, Grievous. Looking good...

:lol:

Bevacur
24th Jun 2010, 17:32
I was gonna add you Jack and others but i did not have enough room and i kinda rushed it. I even forgot to put myself in!! NOOOOOOO!

I just quickly looked at the forums and see whose names i can spot first and just roughly added them in. So i kind of forgotton a few names, including myself...

JackGordon
24th Jun 2010, 18:08
You have no idea how much I wanted to be in that, erm, drawing of yours...

Bevacur
24th Jun 2010, 18:11
Lol, its that bad, it is considered an insult to even be in my comic. Sorry Acid and Nick please don't ban me!!

GrievousOdyssey
24th Jun 2010, 18:16
I know what you mean , when i work on a project i care about , when i pull all my strength and effort into it , i tend to forget about myself , my well being , my sanity ... my identity ...

*goes to fetch something to drink in order to stop myself from writing even more* ...

Kent-45
24th Jun 2010, 20:25
Bevacur that's the most goddamn amazing thing I've ever seen... ever.

Brackstone17
24th Jun 2010, 20:46
Bevacur, you are my hero.

Nick@IO
25th Jun 2010, 05:43
That brings photo-realism to a new level, dude!

SlashPrower
25th Jun 2010, 12:34
Lol, even Nick's amazed

I say just fire everyone and have Bevacur do the comic all by himself, he can obviously handle it with his amazing skills

UhUh
26th Jun 2010, 12:10
Ign on why videogame comics sucks (http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/110/1102174p1.html), may be worth reading.

GrievousOdyssey
26th Jun 2010, 12:38
Hope seems so ... fragile ... as the day goes by ...

and especially when Uh Uh makes a post ...

Kent-45
26th Jun 2010, 15:52
I'm going to be the black sheep here and say that while Ben Templesmith is a good artist, his style doesn't fit the Kane & Lynch universe at all. Maybe if Kane & Lynch was a graphic novel about vampire overlords with distended features, then maybe, but not as it stands.