PDA

View Full Version : Red Dead Redemption, only seven days away

BeardedHoplite
11th May 2010, 22:50
I am curious to see if anyone else is excited for this title. It is a day one purchase for me.

Rocket Propelled Rocket
11th May 2010, 22:51
I get my ps3 back in 7 days...

I hope......

One of Seven
11th May 2010, 22:58
Oh, I'm all about it. I've created my own most awesome Native American Tribe known as Tribe: Dropping Scalps, we basically just have stereotypical yet somewhat racist (I guess) names, and we give the white man hell. Anybody who wants to join the Tribe, check out the site.

www.droppingscalps.webs.com

Brackstone17
12th May 2010, 00:08
Yeah, I can't wait for it. Got it pre-ordered and everything.

sublime90
12th May 2010, 15:44
im extremely excited for this game, i pre ordered it a month ago only 1 week away now!

Vulture
27th Jun 2010, 23:31
recently finished it and gave it a score of 8.5
it was a decent game but the missions were repetitive
but that ending.. it blew me away

GrievousOdyssey
28th Jun 2010, 00:05
Isn't all games repetitive by now ? or is it something else ? ...

Vulture
28th Jun 2010, 00:33
Isn't all games repetitive by now ? or is it something else ? ...

well RDR was different from the rest or maybe.. i was expecting too much
all of the missions were ride there, kill people on foot, kill people on horse,kill people on stagecouches,
there wasnt much of a variety. there should have been some stealth missions (like going into someones house and stealing stuff maybe.. ) also the perfection called europhia could have been used more

and 57 missions.. and 25 of the were 4-5 min missions so.. i did my best to make the game longer but i beat it in 27 hours :( my friend played it without trying to make it longer and he beat the game in 12h

GrievousOdyssey
28th Jun 2010, 00:50
The "go there , kill this , go over there" routine is the same in all sandbox games , so i wouldn't exactly criticize on that point , However , given it's 'western feel' which is uncommon in video games i understand why its disapointing to see that apart from the fact that we use old guns and ride horses , it's the same as any Grand Theft Auto ...

Also , while i already said once that a game's length is not important , twenty seven hours is kind of shorter than what i expected (i was thinking of forty hours , like my first playthrough for Grand Theft Auto IV , yeah , i liked to drag a bit) ...

Anywya i just bought it recently , will probably get it in a week or two , not like i can cancel my purchase now ... anywya , maybe it didn't Revolutionize the sandbox game as we hoped it would , but i believe it's probably one of the best of its kind , isn't it ? ...

Or was it just unimpressive (i mean apart from the ending) ? ...

Kent-45
28th Jun 2010, 01:07
I am not a huge fan of western themed games... the only western game I've ever played is Gun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_(video_game))

that's not to say I don't like western themed games, it's just there aren't many that strike my fancy. One I could consider trying is Lead & Gold.

GrievousOdyssey
28th Jun 2010, 01:15
I only bought Three western games out of ... seven ? i don't think there were that much western themed games to begin with ...

I bought GUN , loved it , the characters were memorable , too bad each of their roles was too short ...
Then it was Red Dead Revolver ... meh , some people absolutely loved it , i find it to be rather 'unbalanced' difficulty wise ...
Bound in Blood , apparently it's a great improvement over the first Call of Juarez , nevertheless it's still just a 'ok' game ... i had a lot of fun with it though , shooting two six shooters , one on each hand , it felt good , most of the game's firefights were pretty intense too ...

Judging from the gamer's and critic's opinion it would seem that Redemption is the best of the westerns out there ... ironically it's a tale about the end of the wild west ...

OOOOOH SNAP ! I forgot ! You're still a PC user ! ...
hehehehehhehehe ...

Brackstone17
28th Jun 2010, 02:11
Then it was Red Dead Revolver ... meh , some people absolutely loved it , i find it to be rather 'unbalanced' difficulty wise ...

You're just angry about the ending and Jack Swift. But I do agree the difficulty could be all over place. The General Diego mission in particular could be pretty annoying.

GrievousOdyssey
28th Jun 2010, 02:37
But I do agree the difficulty could be all over place. The General Diego mission in particular could be pretty annoying.

EXATCLY , since when does a General goes to do all the dirty works himself anywya ? it's even more insulting when at the end cutscene we see him looking over at his plans , as if he didn't just blew a whole bridge up himself , covered in blood and wet coat ...

I don't know ... i think i should replay Revolver while waiting my Redemption to arrive ... maybe i got better at games since i last played , years ago ...

I'll be re-playing it on Normal , though ...