PDA

View Full Version : USER INTERFACE Blocking players

lucinvampire
26th Mar 2014, 22:40
What I would really like to see is something that allows you to 'block' a player so in future you do not have to play at least on the same team as them again - or at a stretch in the same match.

I know there are issues with this in that it limits the amount of lobbies you can get into it, that's why I suggested the first one.

I have got to the point now where I'm actually not playing this game as much as I would like to because I am fed up with individuals being rude, obnoxious and insulting.

Nosgoth is great I love it - but some of the players need to change their tune...but as they never will...

I would very much like a block...or mute (on text chat and/or voice chat) in the future.

The only thing that keeps me coming back are the lovely people I've met...and the occasional urge to kill things!

Viridian24
27th Mar 2014, 00:00
What I would really like to see is something that allows you to 'block' a player so in future you do not have to play at least on the same team as them again - or at a stretch in the same match.

I know there are issues with this in that it limits the amount of lobbies you can get into it, that's why I suggested the first one.

I have got to the point now where I'm actually not playing this game as much as I would like to because I am fed up with individuals being rude, obnoxious and insulting.

Nosgoth is great I love it - but some of the players need to change their tune...but as they never will...

I would very much like a block...or mute (on text chat and/or voice chat) in the future.

I agree, and I'm sure a mute function will come in the future. As far as I can tell, you can only mute player microphones at the moment. Most games have some sort of block or mute function so you can just ignore people who are flaming or raging, and I can't wait for something to be implemented in Nosgoth x)

The only thing that keeps me coming back are the lovely people I've met...and the occasional urge to kill things!

That's kind of heart-warming. (Maybe minus the killing xD) I also can't wait until a system is implemented so you can play with friends on a team!

While we're on the topic of muting chat and the like, I want to suggest the option to mute ALL player voices in the game, without having to manually find and mute people who are talking. I know it kind of defeats the purpose of implementing voice chat to begin with, but I find other players' voices rather disturbing when I play. Especially when it's random and unexpected, it kind of kills the atmosphere of the game. If I want to communicate via voice chat with people, there are several programs that allow me to do that outside of being in a lobby with these individuals. (EX: Skype)

lucinvampire
27th Mar 2014, 08:59
While we're on the topic of muting chat and the like, I want to suggest the option to mute ALL player voices in the game, without having to manually find and mute people who are talking. I know it kind of defeats the purpose of implementing voice chat to begin with, but I find other players' voices rather disturbing when I play. Especially when it's random and unexpected, it kind of kills the atmosphere of the game. If I want to communicate via voice chat with people, there are several programs that allow me to do that outside of being in a lobby with these individuals. (EX: Skype)

:thumb: yes this very much so…also to make it possible to ‘mute’ a player during a match (both voice and text).

I know the option is at the lobby screen to mute (voice only) and you have to do it for all individuals individually – but if you don’t mind hearing people and then someone becomes an unsavoury character whilst in game you can then mute them so you don’t have to listen to their insults and/or bad attitude.

Maybe something that allows you to select whilst viewing the player stats in game so you can right click on the individuals name and then select mute?