PDA

View Full Version : Check your disc for cracks!

OctobrThornz
6th May 2010, 19:23
I take extremely good care of my discs and have never had the issue of discs cracking. I noticed that the cracks started in the center working its way out. It is not just one crack either, it is a 4 way crack. I am playing on an Xbox 360 and have never had any other disc issues. Hopefully more people have this issue and I am not the only one. Please reply to this thread if you are having the same issue, maybe we can get game replacements if there is enough people with the same issue.

Dealman
7th May 2010, 11:31
I take extremely good care of my discs and have never had the issue of discs cracking. I noticed that the cracks started in the center working its way out. It is not just one crack either, it is a 4 way crack. I am playing on an Xbox 360 and have never had any other disc issues. Hopefully more people have this issue and I am not the only one. Please reply to this thread if you are having the same issue, maybe we can get game replacements if there is enough people with the same issue.

You won't get a replacement. Once you've bought a game, it's up to you what to do with it. As there is no Warranties for Games...

Either you haven't been to careful with it, or your DVD Reader might be close to it's last days.

OctobrThornz
7th May 2010, 18:11
Thank you for your reply,

I am not looking for a replacement, I was just posting to see if anyone else has this issue. That way we can inform the community just in case.

PoorBison
8th May 2010, 05:51
I've had this happen to several of my games in the past.

I believe it to be an issue with my Xbox, which is why I installed the game to my HDD the moment I got it.

I do that to all games now to avoid the issue, as 3 of my games have needed a replacement in the past because of this. I replaced them through the place I got them - EB Games. They are the only retailer I've encountered that replace games with this issue.

OctobrThornz
8th May 2010, 06:42
Thanks for the heads - up, I should start buying my games from there. Now I need to find a way to get mine replaced without forking over more money... hmmmm any suggestions?

PoorBison
8th May 2010, 07:52
Sorry, I don't think there will be any way to get a replacement without simply buying another copy of the game :(

Microsoft have barely recognised this issue, so no official word has been spread on it. I've only encountered a few isolated reports of this happening to people. It would possibly be replaced if the issue was very widespread, but for now they simply assume that we mistreat our discs. :mad2: