PDA

View Full Version : Weird vehicle bouncing issue/framerate issue

Latisi
5th May 2010, 23:29
I have this problem, whenever I get into a car, it starts bouncing up and down. The engine revs up when the back tires are up, and then back down when the tires are down. It is extremely difficult to drive. I found a youtube video displaying this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdvaBXAUu-s

I also have another question reguarding framerates. I have tweaked my settings useing this: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=104723, however I am still getting 20 FPS even with all the settings turned down. The weird thing is, even at default settings, the FPS remains around 15-20. I've seen people run this game using the same video card (and with FRAPs to record the videos!) without any problems.

The weird thing is, the game generally is slow when I look at a certain object...like if the object uses certain properties, though I can't say for certain what those properties might be. In any case, when I turn away from a certain object, the FPS shoots up rapidly and is just fine. I was wondering what's up with that as well, is there a certain aspect of the settings I should turn off?

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit Steam version of the game. Only DLC installed is the ice cream truck (forgot it's name). 4GB RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T8300 @ 2.40GHz, and 8800 GTS video card. Specific/additional specs are here:

Valmistaja Dell Inc.
Malli XPS M1530
Järjestelmämuistin kokonaismäärä 4,00 Gt RAM-muistia
Järjestelmälaji 64-bittinen käyttöjärjestelmä
Suoritinytimien määrä 2

Tallennusväline
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kiintolevyjen kokonaiskoko 233 Gt
Levyosio (C:) 161 Gt vapaana (233 Gt yhteensä)
Tietovälineasema (D:) CD/DVD
Levyosio (E:) 74 Mt vapaana (102 Mt yhteensä)

Grafiikka
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Näyttösovittimen tyyppi NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
Käytettävissä oleva grafiikkamuisti yhteensä 2047 Mt
Varattu grafiikkamuisti 256 Mt
Varattu järjestelmämuisti 0 Mt
Jaettu järjestelmämuisti 1791 Mt
Näyttösovittimen ohjaimen versio 8.17.11.9716
Ensisijaisen näytön tarkkuus 1920x1200
DirectX-versio DirectX 10