PDA

View Full Version : New Fragile Alliance video

Kent-45
5th May 2010, 15:24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJlqVmNW0hM

Looks pretty spiffy. Although I did giggle every time the asian lady said "****" ...

JackGordon
5th May 2010, 15:34
This looks awesome! I wanna play. Now!

UhUh
5th May 2010, 15:35
nice, I like trains :D

I know it's boring to repeat, but the camera really is wonderfull.

Kent-45
5th May 2010, 15:58
Does anyone else think the bald guy with the shorts and combat boots looks like a colossal douchebag?

I'd shoot that guy in the back at the start of the round just for looking so damn ridiculous

Bionicicide
5th May 2010, 16:19
Fitting voice-over and cool level design.

I totally want to see the inside of the bus.

JackGordon
5th May 2010, 16:25
Does anyone else think the bald guy with the shorts and combat boots looks like a colossal douchebag?

I'd shoot that guy in the back at the start of the round just for looking so damn ridiculous
Nah, I like him.:cool:

Moeez
5th May 2010, 17:26
One of the best multiplayer modes ever. Looks brilliant visually, and I liked that touch of when the guy is killed, the gun slides ahead of his body.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/8355/kl2fragall.jpg

Bionicicide
5th May 2010, 17:45
Looks like you can't stand up when you're down... would be balanced if you shot the guy that took you down which allowed you to get back up (me thinks).

Stand corrected.

sublime90
5th May 2010, 18:19
that looks awesome! i love FA. man i cant wait. the camera really does look good and i like how the bullets have actual force behind them, when you get shot you hit the ground pretty violently. love it.

Bevacur
5th May 2010, 19:05
The bus with green lights insaide was pretty.

Brackstone17
5th May 2010, 19:52
I'm thinking there is now an option to kill unwanted teammates that aren't doing their job. Maybe there is a vote system? Or maybe you can kill teammates without penalty if they aren't carrying much cash relative to anyone else?

SlashPrower
5th May 2010, 20:12
The narrator is the Asian version of the woman from Team Fortress 2, methinks. Although the woman from Team Fortress 2 did not constantly say **** in a deadpan voice.

Arcade Mode looks really cool.

Bionicicide
5th May 2010, 20:42
Would be cool if when the team reaches a set cash threshold for each level, it gives traitor immunity against the player with the least cash, so they don't split their hard earned money with the dead weight (ONLY if the dead weight has a difference of 50% to 100% less cash than the next player or something).

Would really help the competitive atmosphere inside a pseudo-cooperative mode and for payback against the conscious scrubs that let their team take the damage while they lag way behind.

s.t.e.f.
5th May 2010, 21:21
"And if you choose to feck us..."

:lol:

Can't stop laughing at that.

BeardedHoplite
6th May 2010, 00:08
I'm...so...excited
Also it looked like there were a lot more character models, which is awsome in my book.

Brackstone17
6th May 2010, 00:14
I'm...so...excited
Also it looked like there were a lot more character models, which is awsome in my book.
Looks like the same amount to me, but I think you can choose your character this time.

Nick@IO
6th May 2010, 12:44
I'm thinking there is now an option to kill unwanted teammates that aren't doing their job. Maybe there is a vote system? Or maybe you can kill teammates without penalty if they aren't carrying much cash relative to anyone else?

No, if you kill another player, you become a traitor. In arcade mode, the other guys will turn on you if you're not doing your end of the work, though.

Looks like you can't stand up when you're down... would be balanced if you shot the guy that took you down which allowed you to get back up (me thinks).

You can get up after being downed.

Looks like the same amount to me, but I think you can choose your character this time.

There are 8 characters and the model is chosen at random.

Nick@IO
6th May 2010, 12:45
If you want to learn more about Arcade mode, check out the blog (http://bit.ly/cxXeUW).

Bevacur
6th May 2010, 14:51
8 models? So does that mean 8 players for online and for arcade you and 7 ai's?

Bionicicide
6th May 2010, 19:50
Okay, good thing you can get back up.

No, if you kill another player, you become a traitor. In arcade mode, the other guys will turn on you if you're not doing your end of the work, though.
Trailer made it look and sound like it gave traitor immunity for everyone against the dead weight, is this true? If so, what is the stipulation? a'la My idea in post #13 (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1390747&postcount=13).

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/5359/kal2faq01.jpg

Brackstone17
6th May 2010, 19:56
Huh, I could have sworn the Gamespot preview said we could pick our characters. Oh well, thanks for answering our questions!

BeardedHoplite
6th May 2010, 21:44
Speaking of character models, who is that loser in the track pants and suit top?

Mercenary of The7
6th May 2010, 22:50
So no more suits in Fragile Alliance? No more unlocking cooler character models as you level up? Well that's rather dissapointing. Atleast I hope there will be some sort of leveling/rank system. It's really one of those things that kept me playing in K&L 1.

RancidAluminium
7th May 2010, 01:07
that looks awesome, cant wait to play that.

Brackstone17
7th May 2010, 01:28
Speaking of character models, who is that loser in the track pants and suit top?
Are you talking about that balding fellow dressed in the absolute heighth of armed robbery fashion? He seems like a pretty cool guy.

petersjov
7th May 2010, 06:45
^ You ? ;-)

Nick@IO
7th May 2010, 08:22
Okay, good thing you can get back up.

Trailer made it look and sound like it gave traitor immunity for everyone against the dead weight, is this true? If so, what is the stipulation? a'la My idea in post #13 (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1390747&postcount=13).

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/5359/kal2faq01.jpg

Nope, you kill someone, you become a traitor. In arcade mode, our team mates will turn on you if you don't share the haul - whoever kills you becomes a traitor but the round obviously ends with your death so in that sense it's a little redundant that the killer becomes a traitor. The system was made to ensure that the game would become progressively harder with each level (it goes on forever until you loose all three lives, basically) along with other systems that slowly tighten the noose around your neck.

In multiplayer, you always become a traitor if you kill someone whether they have contributed or not. Actually, there's one exception to that rule but we'll talk about that later on.

Bionicicide
8th May 2010, 01:37
What qualifies as "not sharing the haul" to the AI?

And yeah, Destructoid's preview said you get traitor immunity for a short time if you see someone who has a yellow flag indicator over their head which signifies that they grazed a teammate but aren't a traitor (yet)... BUT! *Do you still get labeled as a traitor if you kill a traitor?

*Idea
If you kill a traitor, you get 2 button prompts when standing over their loot: (1) Split cash evenly with teammates or (2) Take all their cash and you become labeled as a traitor.

joe the janitor
8th May 2010, 03:02
So how do you choose what weapons you start with? Is it similar to the original Kane and Lynch fragile alliance?

Mercenary of The7
8th May 2010, 12:41
So how do you choose what weapons you start with? Is it similar to the original Kane and Lynch fragile alliance?

Yes, after a round is over you get to choose your equipment.

SlashPrower
8th May 2010, 13:15

And yeah, Destructoid's preview said you get traitor immunity for a short time if you see someone who has a yellow flag indicator over their head which signifies that they grazed a teammate but aren't a traitor (yet)... BUT! *Do you still get labeled as a traitor if you kill a traitor?

*Idea
If you kill a traitor, you get 2 button prompts when standing over their loot: (1) Split cash evenly with teammates or (2) Take all their cash and you become labeled as a traitor.

Now there's a good idea.

Garrett Vega
8th May 2010, 14:11
Nope, you kill someone, you become a traitor. In arcade mode, our team mates will turn on you if you don't share the haul - whoever kills you becomes a traitor but the round obviously ends with your death so in that sense it's a little redundant that the killer becomes a traitor. The system was made to ensure that the game would become progressively harder with each level (it goes on forever until you loose all three lives, basically) along with other systems that slowly tighten the noose around your neck.

In multiplayer, you always become a traitor if you kill someone whether they have contributed or not. Actually, there's one exception to that rule but we'll talk about that later on.

I don't get it. What do you mean by not sharing the haul? How can you not share the cash and not become a traitor at the same time?

Brackstone17
8th May 2010, 15:47
I think he means it's a way of not letting your teammates do all the work. If they are carrying all them money and doing all the fighting, you're basically useless and they will kill you. Best I can tell, it seems like a way to make the leaderboards based on skill more than based on who can let their teammates do all the work.

Anyway, one brief concern, how will that potential traitor thing work? I can see a lot of people abusing it on line by running in front of you as you are shooting a cop and then killing you without penalty.

Kent-45
8th May 2010, 16:27
Yes, after a round is over you get to choose your equipment.

What kind of equipment can we look forward to? In the video, I definitely see some AK-47's and a merc with a sniper rifle.

I assume there are a few more options this time around eh?

Mercenary of The7
8th May 2010, 19:17
What kind of equipment can we look forward to? In the video, I definitely see some AK-47's and a merc with a sniper rifle.

I assume there are a few more options this time around eh?

Pistols, submachine guns, assault weapons. Some weapons will have a level requirement, so there should be a leveling system in the game.

Kent-45
8th May 2010, 19:18
Pistols, submachine guns, assault weapons. Some weapons will have a level requirement, so there should be a leveling system in the game.

I.... love... you

SlashPrower
8th May 2010, 23:03

...<3

Now just make the single-player campaign nice and long and this'll get to be my favorite game ever.

Nick@IO
9th May 2010, 08:24
I don't get it. What do you mean by not sharing the haul? How can you not share the cash and not become a traitor at the same time?

*Idea

Sharing the haul means you participate by picking up loot, killing enemies and assisting your guys in getting away. If you just hang around, don't kill anyone, don't carry any of the loot, the AI will start to go 'wait a minute... why is this guy here and why should I share my money with him?'.

You don't become a traitor if you kill a traitor, of course.

Garrett Vega
9th May 2010, 09:18
I see. But still, I'm sure most players will be more than happy to shoot the cops and steal money. Although, if it becomes more difficult with each round, the player might become less aggressive and more defensive in order to save his life. And then the AI will start to have these interesting ideas...

Dr Klowneus
9th May 2010, 10:59
8 character models, chosen at random, just like the ps3 version of Dead men. could this mean an end to all the douchebag boosters? i hope so. also the concept of killing ppl who dont pull their weight is awesome. so many times ive become a traitor by shooting ppl who just run straight to the van without helping everybody get the cash. that pi$$es me off so much

UhUh
9th May 2010, 11:41
8 character models, chosen at random, just like the ps3 version of Dead men. could this mean an end to all the douchebag boosters? i hope so. also the concept of killing ppl who dont pull their weight is awesome. so many times ive become a traitor by shooting ppl who just run straight to the van without helping everybody get the cash. that pi$$es me off so much

That works only on the arcade mode by the npc, you'll still be tagged as traitor if you do it on fragiale alliance.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that it's a little bit confusing to put the arcade mode amongst the multiplayer modes, 'couse if I got it right, it's still single player(or is there a coop mode aswell?).

BeardedHoplite
9th May 2010, 14:26
Are you talking about that balding fellow dressed in the absolute heighth of armed robbery fashion? He seems like a pretty cool guy.

Eh, I like that guy that looks like Francis from Left 4 Dead

Wait, how do you know this?! Do you live in San Francisco?

Bionicicide
9th May 2010, 17:14
Alright, that makes sense so players don't hang back at the start and expect a "level complete".

I still would like to see a *"dead weight" mechanic in the all-human Fragile Alliance where that shouldn't be tolerated online either.

*Idea
Each level has a cash threshold and if the team reaches it and the bottom tier players have a deficiency of 50% to 100% less cash than the next player's loot total then you get an option to kill the dead weight with traitor immunity.

zephyr1991
10th May 2010, 00:53
But what about us players who only grab like 100k and then kill all the enemies?

Bionicicide
10th May 2010, 03:08
But what about us players who only grab like 100k and then kill all the enemies?
I guess if you killed the most enemies then that'll save you, but I think I'm just psyching myself out so ignore my traitor immunity idea altogether.

Garrett Vega
11th May 2010, 18:00
So, erm, when is the next video coming out?

Acid_Burn
11th May 2010, 18:04
Tomorrow. Fragile Alliance screens, trailer.
Now you can see new screens from Arcade Mode on http://www.kaneandlynch.com

YoungZer0
11th May 2010, 18:33

Yes.

chaoticd
11th May 2010, 22:29
YES!!! I CANT WAIT! just seeing the 1st fragile alliance trailer had me drooling on the computer keys. must buy for me.

Does arcade mode have a split screen ability by any chance? if it did, i would bow down and worship the almighty IO. :D

zephyr1991
12th May 2010, 03:17
Cops and robbers and undercover cop.. just the names intrigue me.\

Also is it me... or did they add beeps to the trailer? At least on the flash site?

Bionicicide
12th May 2010, 04:17
Also is it me... or did they add beeps to the trailer? At least on the flash site?
ESRB stamp is censored, PEGI stamp isn't.

zephyr1991
12th May 2010, 07:34
ESRB is strict on games rated for people the age of 17 of older eh?

Acid_Burn
12th May 2010, 07:36
Yeah. Just watched new Fragile Alliance trailer rated by PEGI, and there's no beep too when woman say "I know you're a bunch of greedy f****rs" :D
Jyst few hours left for it...

There are beeps even on official site. Unles you choose UK on the start.

JackGordon
12th May 2010, 10:32
C'mon... Where's the vid? I need my fix! :cool:

Acid_Burn
12th May 2010, 13:07
Here we go! (http://deadmen.ru/en/multiplayer/kl2-fa.html)

TAjoBDNNLWg

JackGordon
12th May 2010, 13:20
Excuse me while I go jump around for a bit like a hysterical little girl. :nut: I need a time machine to get to August 27th today. No, two time machines! In case the other one doesn't work.

sublime90
12th May 2010, 13:43
my god! that looks so gooooood, i realllllly cant wait to jump back into some new FA. im really excited to hear about cops and robbers and under cover cop modes as well. i will be spending a ton of time online with this game.

petersjov
12th May 2010, 14:15
wow thats just...awesome , like a action movie dream come true ;-) I always wanted to be in a action movie!!

a few questions:

If We fight to get the cash, what is the end of it ? do we reach a "max hard level" setting / end ?

Oohhh never played the original FA....tried once, but people quit alot...

EDIT : Just found the rules on the homepage, getting most money in three heists ;-)

Bevacur
12th May 2010, 14:17
Oh my god, the station when it is blown up looks amazing! The rain is also pretty cool!

Kent-45
12th May 2010, 14:50
As soon as there is a pre-order option on Steam, I'm buying this thing instantly... I think this is truly the coolest thing I've ever seen.

My only question is this... Does the round have to last 4 minutes? that seems kinda short. It's been a while since I've played KL1 fragile alliance, but I remember having a choice of upping the round time if you so choose... is that gonna be an option here?

Bionicicide
12th May 2010, 17:46
Great cinematography as usual.

MxOAgentJohnson
12th May 2010, 18:09
I noticed shotguns right after guy betrays someone :D
jizz in my pants

Mercenary of The7
12th May 2010, 18:27
I noticed shotguns right after guy betrays someone :D
jizz in my pants

Pistols, shotguns, submachine guns, assault rifles, that's watz up.

UhUh
12th May 2010, 18:36
Trailer is awesome!
Just a little curiosity, no chinese characters in FA?

Nick@IO
12th May 2010, 18:50
YES!!! I CANT WAIT! just seeing the 1st fragile alliance trailer had me drooling on the computer keys. must buy for me.

Does arcade mode have a split screen ability by any chance? if it did, i would bow down and worship the almighty IO. :D

Arcade mode is single player - so no need for splite screen, no.

Garrett Vega
12th May 2010, 19:09
How many players do you need to start a match? I hated the fact that in K&L1 four was the minimum, when three or even two skilled players could pull it off.

Also, do you have a ranking system? If so, can you unlock anything?

JackGordon
12th May 2010, 19:31
Also, do you have a ranking system? If so, can you unlock anything?
Check the Gametrailers interview here (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/fragile-alliance-kane-lynch/100125) for more info on the ranking system.

Garrett Vega
12th May 2010, 19:43
Yeah, just saw that myself. Still, hope eight is not the minimum amount of players.

chaoticd
12th May 2010, 19:43
Arcade mode is single player - so no need for splite screen, no.

:( is fragile alliance splitscreen? i cant ask about the other 2 modes because they havnt been actually announced yet.

oh yeah, i saw the new trailer 2 minutes after it was updated on the site :D i was at school and (strangely) kaneandlynch.com is the only thing i can get on that ISNT BLOCKED (which makes absolutly no sence (the original site wasnt blocked either)) and when i refreshed the page, the update was up. :) GO IO!

Garrett Vega
12th May 2010, 19:53
FA won't have splitscreen. Maybe the campaign in offline co-op mode will though.

BeardedHoplite
12th May 2010, 20:49
My only question is this... Does the round have to last 4 minutes? that seems kinda short. ?

In Dead Men four minutes was more than enough time. There could be more cops or the levels could be bigger though.

Garrett Vega
12th May 2010, 21:09
In Dead Men four minutes was more than enough time. There could be more cops or the levels could be bigger though.
That's BS. In Dead Men 7 minutes might not always be enough if the skilled players start a big firefight after they kill all the cops.

Mercenary of The7
12th May 2010, 21:21
4 minutes in Dead Men is definitely not enough time to get a lot of money and do a smooth escape.

I dare anyone to do Withdrawel in 4 minutes and get all cash from the vault. I frickin' dare you! I'm a 2007 veteran, I know my stuff.

BeardedHoplite
12th May 2010, 21:36
4 minutes in Dead Men is definitely not enough time to get a lot of money and do a smooth escape.

I dare anyone to do Withdrawel in 4 minutes and get all cash from the vault. I frickin' dare you! I'm a 2007 veteran, I know my stuff.

With four people I have done Hasta La Vista several times in four minutes.

Mercenary of The7
12th May 2010, 21:46
With four people I have done Hasta La Vista several times in four minutes.

Really depends on the map and the people you're playing with. Wanna be a traitor and get a lot of money in 4 minutes? Hah - Good luck, buddy. There's no time to be dickin' around.

But saying 4 minutes is more than enough time is a load of bull.

MxOAgentJohnson
12th May 2010, 21:51
I frickin' dare you! I'm a 2007 veteran, I know my stuff.

I see a guy who is full of himself, You do realise a majority of the people on these forums are the dedicated, "Vets" as you call them. We have all played as long as you (Well majority of us) I've played since 2007 and you dont see me parading myself around.

Also on a side note im concerned at how shotguns will work in multiplayer. Shotguns in multiplayer games are normally a touchy issue (COUGH=MODERNWARFARE2, COUGH BAD COMPANY 2 COUGH COUUUGH) Hopefully they are balanced and take a bit of skill and brainpower to pull of effectively

Mercenary of The7
12th May 2010, 21:57
I see a guy who is full of himself, You do realise a majority of the people on these forums are the dedicated, "Vets" as you call them. We have all played as long as you (Well majority of us) I've played since 2007 and you dont see me parading myself around.

Looking in the backmirror that was a rather douche-baggy thing to say. My bad. While many here have played back then, but who is actually still playing ?

Bevacur
12th May 2010, 22:14
If you listen to the trailer it says 'get out in 4 minutes'.

So im guessing we have like 10 mins getting to the objective but you have 4 mins to get back to the van before it drives off.

Kent-45
12th May 2010, 22:18

So im guessing we have like 10 mins getting to the objective but you have 4 mins to get back to the van before it drives off.

yeah I wonder if there's going to be a setting to let us set a higher time limit, or even remove it entirely. I always thought the time limit was the 3 or so times the escape van came, and if you missed it then that was your time limit... guess not

Bevacur
12th May 2010, 22:22
I am sure they will put a setting that allows us to put in maybe a extra 2-3 mins but removing it entirely will get rid of the 'intensity' of trying to frantically get back to the escape van. But yeah missing the van means your time is over, but i could be entirely wrong.

Man i am so pumped for this game!!

MxOAgentJohnson
12th May 2010, 22:24
Looking in the backmirror that was a rather douche-baggy thing to say. My bad. While many here have played back then, but who is actually still playing ?

I still play occasionally, not many people play anymore so there isnt really a point. Got myself bad company 2 to occupy myself for a bit, Indie game designing then red dead, but once this beast comes out. I'd rather sell all my games for it

Mercenary of The7
12th May 2010, 22:31
"Get out in 4 minutes"... I actually kinda like that. So when you get the money it's time to haul @$$. I digg, I digg. :D

killingroad1986
12th May 2010, 23:20
I hope there is only one van that comes near the end of the four minutes. I didn't like how there were multiple vans in the previous game. Having one van that everybody has to use would create a much more tense getaway.

chaoticd
13th May 2010, 00:06

i played it 2 hours ago until i tried deleating a message whyll playing and froze the multiplayer match. GOSH DARN MULTIPLAYER ISSUES!

Nick@IO
13th May 2010, 10:11

yeah I wonder if there's going to be a setting to let us set a higher time limit, or even remove it entirely. I always thought the time limit was the 3 or so times the escape van came, and if you missed it then that was your time limit... guess not

You can set the number of minutes a round lasts - between 3 and 5 minutes as I recall. The 'four minutes' is the default and rund from the second the round starts (i.e. before the heist) and until you leave. The getaway vehicle returns a few times if you missed it but if time runs out, you're out of luck.

chaoticd
13th May 2010, 17:36
You can set the number of minutes a round lasts - between 3 and 5 minutes as I recall. The 'four minutes' is the default and rund from the second the round starts (i.e. before the heist) and until you leave. The getaway vehicle returns a few times if you missed it but if time runs out, you're out of luck.

sounds just like the 1st game. now all i need is some oil canisters and a lighter. :eek:

Bionicicide
13th May 2010, 21:51
To clarify, is the weapon unlock persistent? If so, are they unlocked automatically at every new rank (a'la CoD4:MW) or do you accumulate cash that you spend at your leisure (a'la U2:AT)?

zephyr1991
14th May 2010, 04:17
Really depends on the map and the people you're playing with. Wanna be a traitor and get a lot of money in 4 minutes? Hah - Good luck, buddy. There's no time to be dickin' around.

But saying 4 minutes is more than enough time is a load of bull.

Eh,,, I can do Hot Coffee ALONE in under 3 minutes, all the black senators money AND white senators money included *Screw the small stash*. Same with Withdrawal and Late night opening. You need to know what has the most cash, where the enemies will spawn and where to run as to not die doing the speedrun.

All levels can be done in 3 minutes. You just wont get every dollar.

Acid_Burn
19th May 2010, 13:51
Undercover Cop Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCEFu2aT5VI)

TCEFu2aT5VI

Bevacur
19th May 2010, 14:48
Woo! Love the gun sounds and effects.

JackGordon
19th May 2010, 15:17
Oh please let there be a multiplayer demo... :worship:

Bevacur
19th May 2010, 15:37
Oh please let there be a multiplayer demo... :worship:

Please let there be a single player AND a multiplayer demo!!!

JackGordon
19th May 2010, 15:39
Please let there be a single player AND a multiplayer demo!!!
AND butter cookies!!!

petersjov
19th May 2010, 16:22
Sooo guess nobody knows he IS undercover and the cops are still going to shoot him ?

So How do you score points ?

But its an good idear, because nobody can complain you turned tratior/undercover cop, because its your mission !! - so less complaining ;-)

chaoticd
19th May 2010, 17:34
IM LOVING THIS! YEAH!!!! why aint it on the us site?

Bionicicide
19th May 2010, 17:39
Sounds fun. Another layer to FA.

Moeez
19th May 2010, 18:25
Paranoia is going to go through the ROOF in "Undercover Cop" ! :nut:

ohitspatty
19th May 2010, 18:36
Indeed. I really like all these different game modes. I can not wait for this game.

Nick@IO
19th May 2010, 18:37
Sooo guess nobody knows he IS undercover and the cops are still going to shoot him ?

So How do you score points ?

But its an good idear, because nobody can complain you turned tratior/undercover cop, because its your mission !! - so less complaining ;-)

NPC cops don't shoot at the undercover cop, no. It's part of his cover to try to remain out of the action while pretending to be in the action, so to speak. He gets points (money) for killing players.

IM LOVING THIS! YEAH!!!! why aint it on the us site?

We're experiencing some tech issues on the site at the moment - I can't update it. The guys are working on it. Hopefully it will be up tomorrow. Check out the fan page on Facebook for more info on the game mode.

Bevacur
19th May 2010, 21:34
So even if the Undercover cop shoots other policemen, they won't shoot him at all?
The only way to score points is by killing a traitor?

II J0SePh X II
19th May 2010, 21:42
Needs a MP beta even if it's only a couple of modes for a few days as part of QC. Look at RDR it's having major issues.

petersjov
20th May 2010, 15:58
NPC cops don't shoot at the undercover cop, no. It's part of his cover to try to remain out of the action while pretending to be in the action, so to speak. He gets points (money) for killing players.

Thanks!! Like it!

1.) is it still a three round game, getting harder ? for the most point ?

2.) Dead players who join the cops, will they know who the undercover cop is ? Or are they "new cops" who dont know about the undercover cop?

Edit: if theres a demo, keep it good & short, with both MP & SP - anyway...I think we will all be happy for a demo, no matter the content ;-)

ohitspatty
20th May 2010, 19:21
I think the demo should just be multiplayer, I don't know but I feel like I already trust these guys with the story/controls in the singleplayer and I'd want to see some new improvements in Fragile Alliance :)

20th May 2010, 19:26
definitely should be a mp demo. also on FA you should be able to play as yoko retomoto from the first game.

chaoticd
20th May 2010, 19:33
definitely should be a mp demo. also on FA you should be able to play as yoko retomoto from the first game.

that would be way to weird.

SlashPrower
20th May 2010, 23:51
One person could be Yoko and one person could be Lynch. Hilarity and awkwardness would ensue.

21st May 2010, 02:21
One person could be Yoko and one person could be Lynch. Hilarity and awkwardness would ensue.
yes that would be funny but that's the point playing as yoko would be cool and you would have a coll character to chose from. also the lady that play online would have a lady character.

The_Spartan
21st May 2010, 04:51
Loving what I'm hearing so far, but I'm a little concerned with the idea of the undercover cop not being shot at by the other cops. Now, at least in my experiences, Xbox Live players can be some rather detailed, ruthless little bastards, and they'll catch on quick to the sight of players not getting shot at by the cops, or even come up with ways to use the cops to find out for them.

Is there anything to prevent stuff like that from happening?

petersjov
21st May 2010, 06:55

I dont see it as a problem, more of something to watch out for, if you are the undercover cop.:scratch:

And i dont think you can "pause" the action - your going to get shoot if your start analysing in the middle of a shoot out, your not lasting long :lol:

Im wondering if we are going to se a "hord" mode ?

TAPETRVE
21st May 2010, 11:25
Well, the trick is to keep out of the action while still wildly shooting stuff :D .

MxOAgentJohnson
23rd May 2010, 12:33
So how does the undercover cop get away, is he just doomed to be killed or does he escape with a slice of the pie in the escape van, does he escape in the van with no slice of pie or does he just run into an alleyway and escape :P

Garrett Vega
23rd May 2010, 15:21
He doesn't need to escape, he only needs to kill the criminals to win the round.

MxOAgentJohnson
26th May 2010, 14:41
Just watched the new Kane and lynch 2 multiplayer cops and robbers mode and all i can say is, THANK **** we have somewhere to stick all the illiterate ****heads and social tdm rejects whilst people who actually cared for playing kane and lynch fragile alliance properly can now PLAY properly whilst the 5 year olds and the pikeys can play on cops and robbers.

I was gonna embed the video then i realised i cant do that :( You cant beat acid at his own game

Bevacur
26th May 2010, 17:00
I dont see it as a problem, more of something to watch out for, if you are the undercover cop.:scratch:

And i dont think you can "pause" the action - your going to get shoot if your start analysing in the middle of a shoot out, your not lasting long :lol:

Im wondering if we are going to se a "hord" mode ?

Horde mode would be awesome. 6 player mode and the goal is defend a certain place for like 10 mins? And if you survive you get like 10k. If a traitor kills you, they get your 10k improving their score and cash.

UhUh
26th May 2010, 17:37
Each member of the alliance has a unique back story that justifies their role in the alliance...

Tell me moar :D

kthnx

Bionicicide
26th May 2010, 19:58
I wonder if there's an animation for getting inside the van/climbing the helicopter ropes or is it just teleportation?

SlashPrower
26th May 2010, 22:52
Personally, I'd like a single-player demo. Not because I don't want to try out FA (I do) but because I really want to play as Lynch and try out one of the levels. The freeway one looked really cool.

DaSilva_Peru
26th May 2010, 23:31
Hello guys DaSilva_Peru here

Since I haven't played the first K&L in multiplayer I'd like to know how the getaway "scene" works. I read in some preview that you're able to run to the car early and split the money with the driver to get away without the rest of the gang. Problem is, how will this work? If some idiot decides to be a ******** and consequently run directly to the vehicle every round to end the round before people have any real chance of making it there?

Also: What's the deal with chosing between weapons? Who's gonna pick a lousy handgun if you can pick an assault rifle? I mean I like having the option to choose whatever "class" of weapon i prefer, but to be realistic, is anyone going to use anything but assault rifles? Or do the smaller weapons have some other nifty sideeffects too them? Such as being able to run faster/longer or wtf do I know?

And my last question is: After all the talk about someone not doing his part of the deal etc etc, why would someone choose to not carry so much cash on him? As I decoded the trailers you run in pick up some cash and get out, why would someone choose not to carry the cash? Are you more attrative to enemy fire when carrying more money or what's the downside to carrying the money?

Also 2 things that would be rly cool for me, 1. if your bag gets hit from enemy fire it will start to break which will result in money loss and 2. being able to shoot while hanging from the get away chopper ;)

My last comment is to IOI: Fking well done! Game looks brutal and the graphics is sooo improved. I'm still able to recognise the characters but everything just looks so much more smooth. I really hope you guys will nail a perfect 10 on gamespot review site and collect some of the lost honor from the first pretty mediocre game (Not trolling just being realistic)

sorry for my long comment :P I just had to catch up on everything that happened in the thread

Bionicicide
27th May 2010, 01:48
^ I hope there's weight to each gun or at least weight tiers for each firearm "family" (snipers, assault rifles, shotguns, sub-machine gun, handguns). Also, I don't think you can take a hostage with an assault rifle, maybe with a sub-machine gun?

ohitspatty
27th May 2010, 04:10
Hello guys DaSilva_Peru here

Since I haven't played the first K&L in multiplayer I'd like to know how the getaway "scene" works. I read in some preview that you're able to run to the car early and split the money with the driver to get away without the rest of the gang. Problem is, how will this work? If some idiot decides to be a ******** and consequently run directly to the vehicle every round to end the round before people have any real chance of making it there?

Also: What's the deal with chosing between weapons? Who's gonna pick a lousy handgun if you can pick an assault rifle? I mean I like having the option to choose whatever "class" of weapon i prefer, but to be realistic, is anyone going to use anything but assault rifles? Or do the smaller weapons have some other nifty sideeffects too them? Such as being able to run faster/longer or wtf do I know?

And my last question is: After all the talk about someone not doing his part of the deal etc etc, why would someone choose to not carry so much cash on him? As I decoded the trailers you run in pick up some cash and get out, why would someone choose not to carry the cash? Are you more attrative to enemy fire when carrying more money or what's the downside to carrying the money?

Also 2 things that would be rly cool for me, 1. if your bag gets hit from enemy fire it will start to break which will result in money loss and 2. being able to shoot while hanging from the get away chopper ;)

My last comment is to IOI: Fking well done! Game looks brutal and the graphics is sooo improved. I'm still able to recognise the characters but everything just looks so much more smooth. I really hope you guys will nail a perfect 10 on gamespot review site and collect some of the lost honor from the first pretty mediocre game (Not trolling just being realistic)

sorry for my long comment :P I just had to catch up on everything that happened in the thread

I really don't understand your first paragraph. You share the loot with everyone, unless you are a traitor.

Weapons.
I'm not sure how choosing weapons will be in this game. In last game everyone had an assault riffle, handgun, and a grenade in first round. Once you beat the first level you could upgrade your assault riffle to a better one as well as get better armor and extra grenade. Like I said, I'm not sure how this will work in Dog Days but I'd like to be able to use a sub-machine gun, shotgun, or maybe even a sniper riffle. I don't know if you noticed from other games but there are some people that are very good with shotguns. They creep in the corners of the room and pull the trigger when you enter. Usually a headshot and you're dead. I don't think these questions can be answered just yet.

Loot.
There are different kind of robbers in Fragile Alliance world. There are some that don't go for the cash but rather attack the enemies meanwhile the other robbers actually steal the cash. It's somewhat of a teamwork because you have one person taking the loot while other covers him. It works like a charm...sometimes :D Also you have to realize that the more money you have the more chances you have of being shot in the back by one of the trailers. Basically if you have a lot of cash you become a potential target.

Nick@IO
27th May 2010, 07:14
Loving what I'm hearing so far, but I'm a little concerned with the idea of the undercover cop not being shot at by the other cops. Now, at least in my experiences, Xbox Live players can be some rather detailed, ruthless little bastards, and they'll catch on quick to the sight of players not getting shot at by the cops, or even come up with ways to use the cops to find out for them.

Well, mostly it comes down to player skill. You can choose to stay close to the other guys and shoot at (and hopefully miss) the cops to maintain your cove or you can go rogue and try to either hang back or get in front real quick.

So how does the undercover cop get away, is he just doomed to be killed or does he escape with a slice of the pie in the escape van, does he escape in the van with no slice of pie or does he just run into an alleyway and escape :P

The UC wins if all the other players die.

BBboy20
27th May 2010, 16:54
Here's another concern: Xbox Live Party Chat and 3rd-Party PC audio programs like Ventrello. It would be very unfair for a dead person's buddy to communicate that he knows who the UC is. This also seems unavoidable for PC. PS3 version seems to be the best bet (unless they really are willing to text message them). =/

Bevacur
27th May 2010, 16:59
Here's another concern: Xbox Live Party Chat and 3rd-Party PC audio programs like Ventrello. It would be very unfair for a dead person's buddy to communicate that he knows who the UC is. This also seems unavoidable for PC. PS3 version seems to be the best bet (unless they really are willing to text message them). =/

Then they could do what Modern Warfare 2 did. Make Fragile Alliance a in-game chat only. But i prefer to talk to my friends in party chat.

BBboy20
27th May 2010, 17:05
Then they could do what Modern Warfare 2 did. Make Fragile Alliance a in-game chat only. But i prefer to talk to my friends in party chat.I think you'll be indicated as the traitor in every other FA mode but this is about espionage on the fly.

Bionicicide
28th May 2010, 08:11
^ I hope there's weight to each gun or at least weight tiers for each firearm "family" (snipers, assault rifles, shotguns, sub-machine gun, handguns). Also, I don't think you can take a hostage with an assault rifle, maybe with a sub-machine gun?
IOI needs to copy CoD4:MW's innovative "quicker to switch to handgun than reloading assault rifle".

All of the above would balance it to a T.